sharetrader
Page 144 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 44941341401411421431441451461471481541942446441144 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 14173
    Advanced Member

Really will need unlimited data if want to stream test cricket.

Only people who should be concerned be delayed coverage is those who like a bet. As a betfair trader Sky was never any good as 5-7 seconds delay may as well be a lifetime. But if streaming is 40 seconds behind then even TAB punters will be too slow to take advantage of in running betting.
    Radio sport coverage normally the quickest, and has the advantage of being able to watch betting markets while listening, rather than having to look at pictures

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Down 17% to 92c. Market loving it (not).
    Is this an over reaction or just hastening the price to where it was eventually going to end up anyway?

V8 Supercars up for renewal next year as well. No doubt there's already talks underway. I've never been a sky subscriber, but that'll be the one that makes me subscribe to Spark Sport.
    Will new subscribers be becoming a bit more cautious about signing up for a 12 month contract with Sky?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    The basis is Sky used to have everything in sports. You had to buy sky if you wanted to watch sport. That certainly has changed now. Meanwhile sky movies ect is not an attractive proposition when you have the likes of Netflix and fibre. The share price really is showing doomsday, bad whens the last time there's been good news from sky.

Also they need to make an announcement about their position on losing these key rights. The silence is deafening
    That's the crux of it. Sky used attractiveness of sport as a carrot to get subscribers to sign up for more than they would've. And that's exactly what Spark has attacked on to give customers choice of their ability to subscribe to what they choose to rather than burden of whole lot. Where Sky failed Spark saw a great opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Is this an over reaction or just hastening the price to where it was eventually going to end up anyway?
    It's not just the rights, it's also the fact that Spark have signed up to a 6 year deal. They aren't going away, which wasn't particularly clear with the change in CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Where Sky failed Spark saw a great opportunity.
    And they timed the 'attack' perfectly!

Advanced Member

My own sky subscription now hanging by a thread. Champions league football is about all I watch now on the sport channels.

SKY still has the rights for the 2020 and 2024 olympics (as well as the 2022 winter olympics). But that's a long time between events, so they'll just hope to retain the 'can't be bothered cancelling' subscribers.

Only reason I stay with my SKY subscription is watching CNBC for international business. Sport is vastly overrated as a form of entertainment in my opinion.
    Last edited by Beagle; 10-10-2019 at 11:31 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Reality is sport will disintermediate as will other content. Big issue occurred a couple of years ago when a big us outfit said they moving into aust and I guess available NZ. Sky has a big outdoor broadcast team. Massive. The redundancy big and writeoffs will potentially wipe these guys out.