sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Habits View Post
    6.66 / 39.99 is 16.7 prcent MT?? 2 months per year freeeeee. Have been a subscriber for over 12 months however the tv was located at our bnb for guests to use and have now sold up. More money to buy sky shares
    I was working it the other way. $6.66 is a ~20% premium to the Annual Pass ($6.66/$33.33 = 19.98% premium).

But yes you do get around 2 months 'free' if you take the Annual Pass. You save $79.89.

I would personally take the Annual Pass and bank the savings.

On a separate but related note, I have traditional Sky TV, but canned my Movies and Rialto subs in favour of NEON. You don't get the full Movies/Rialto range on NEON...but there is still more content on there than I could ever watch.
    I took the Annual Pass for $159.99 which works out to a paltry $13.33/month). By far the cheapest OTT service for the range of premium content on offer.

In total, Sky still get ~$200/month from me between Broadband, Sky TV and NEON so they should still be happy campers
    Last edited by mistaTea; 20-01-2022 at 03:14 PM.

What UK is doing is mad I reckon. Omicron have peaked is enough reason to do away with mask & vaccine passport in public place?! Anyway, I agree too that if SKY can survive 2020, with zero vaccination, then Omicron should be a breeze by comparison.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    What UK is doing is mad I reckon. Omicron have peaked is enough reason to do away with mask & vaccine passport in public place?!
    It is where the world will transition to in 2022. High vaccination rates and then BAU (as much as possible). Have to get on with it and live with Covid as an endemic disease.

It will be the same for NZ...they are predicting thousands of cases a day once it takes hold. Once it peaks, we will do the same as the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Anyway, I agree too that if SKY can survive 2020, with zero vaccination, then Omicron should be a breeze by comparison
    100% - it would be irrational to fear that Omicron was going to have a major impact on Sky given Sky TV not only survived 2020 and 2021 but has actually come out the other side stronger. Omicron will no doubt cause some distruption, but nothing for anyone to lose their minds over (so far as Sky TV is concerned).

In fact, when we go to Red and people are asked to wfh more...I would expect that to give another bump to streaming subs in particular.

Guru

https://moanapasifika.co.nz/moana-pa...elief-efforts/

Good to see we are stepping up to help our brothers and sisters in Tonga.

The place looks like a wasteland, which saddens me. Let's hope a lot of NZ and Aussie businesses find ways to help.

And, of course, this does also serve Sky well as a relativelty cheap marketing opportunity.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    It is where the world will transition to in 2022. High vaccination rates and then BAU (as much as possible). Have to get on with it and live with Covid as an endemic disease.

It will be the same for NZ...they are predicting thousands of cases a day once it takes hold. Once it peaks, we will do the same as the UK.

100% - it would be irrational to fear that Omicron was going to have a major impact on Sky given Sky TV not only survived 2020 and 2021 but has actually come out the other side stronger. Omicron will no doubt cause some distruption, but nothing for anyone to lose their minds over (so far as Sky TV is concerned).

In fact, when we go to Red and people are asked to wfh more...I would expect that to give another bump to streaming subs in particular.
    I don’t think there is any chance we follow the very lax UK public health measures. Once Omicron hits, hopefully after a few months in RED traffic light, we will be back to ORANGE settings, and probably stay there for the foreseeable immediate future.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    I don’t think there is any chance we follow the very lax UK public health measures. Once Omicron hits, hopefully after a few months in RED traffic light, we will be back to ORANGE settings, and probably stay there for the foreseeable immediate future.
    Not sure I would describe the UK as being 'lax' but I think you are right that NZ will take a more conservative approach.

Fine by me - more people staying home for 2022 will help Sky TV subs and ultimately what really matters - Owner Earnings.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Not sure I would describe the UK as being 'lax' but I think you are right that NZ will take a more conservative approach.

Fine by me - more people staying home for 2022 will help Sky TV subs and ultimately what really matters - Owner Earnings.
    Indeed - and although local sport content might be short term impacted (due to omicron ripping through the squads, like it has with the aleague in Australia), the good news for sky is that this has or will have already happened with overseas leagues (hopefully its hard for people to catch it more than once a season), minimizing content disruption.

Has anyone else been watching Peacemaker? I think it's great content.

Advanced Member

It was rather fun watching the “Black Clash” last night. Theres plenty of eyeballs that would be attracted to a more regular series of games like this using retried no-longer-contracted-to-NZcricket players, mixed with other celebrities/sportsmen from other sports. Sky probably dont want to harm a future opportunity with NZC at this stage, but if they didn’t get the rights back next time then its worthy of proceeding with something like this. Actually might be something they could arrange with NZ Rugby, taking a dozen of their biggest names and having a summer series where they undertake a bunch of other competitive non-rugby events for entertainment purposes.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 23-01-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Default Hell yeah, Throw your dog the invisible bone.

Quote Originally Posted by snigmac View Post
    Has anyone else been watching Peacemaker? I think it's great content.