sharetrader
Page 972 of 1740 FirstFirst ... 472872922962968969970971972973974975976982102210721472 ... LastLast
Results 9,711 to 9,720 of 17397

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    How are you making this estimation Percy ?
    Percy uses the old dog and bone to find these things out
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just wondering - its not just you reporting a mediocre digital experience with Heartland. On the other hand - they said that they only completed the upgrade of their IT systems in May. Is it possible that we are seeing here just teething problems of a new system or the aftermath of a painful handover, or is the new digital experience really that bad?

Maybe I need to start a trial run myself ; I hear their on call interest rates are tempting ....
    I opened a call account with them very recently, (less than a month ago) and found it a pleasant and pain free experience. I am old fashioned though. Simply filled out the application form I downloaded off their website and took it into Heartland's head office in Newmarket with the appropriate identification and all done. I like doing it in person to see what the staff are like. Very pleasant experience as is earning 2.75% on call instead of 0.1% with the so called Bank of New Zealand..
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Me too, Beagle.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ1 View Post
    Me too, Beagle.
    Mrs Beagle wants to open an account with them now too. She says the Australian banks are effectively stealing off Kiwi's only giving them 0.1% on call !
    (Mr and Mrs Beagle run separate accounts to avoid fighting over dog food.)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I opened a call account with them very recently, (less than a month ago) and found it a pleasant and pain free experience. I am old fashioned though. Simply filled out the application form I downloaded off their website and took it into Heartland's head office in Newmarket with the appropriate identification and all done. I like doing it in person to see what the staff are like. Very pleasant experience as is earning 2.75% on call instead of 0.1% with the so called Bank of New Zealand..
    Doing it in person is fine and dandy (and dogs benefit from a walk), but it isn't "digital".

Heartland is an established New Zealand bank working at the forefront of this change. Our digital platforms (such as Open for Business) are designed to deliver a better customer experience based on speed and simplicity.
    The criticism is for their "digital" service. Heartland accounts should be easily accessible to people that don't live or work within easy strolling distance of a Heartland branch. I couldn't find a list of branches on their web site incidentally so don't know how many there are.

An advantage of Heartland is that they do not have the expense of a large bricks and mortar branch network. But to succeed without a large physical presence the online channel must work well.

PS. Can beagles do digital? After all they don't have digits!

Banned

Just a little off topic. Is it worth joining SBS Bank in the hope they float some time in the future?

Did you catch up with Jeff at HQ

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did you catch up with Jeff at HQ
    No but a nice guy Andrew showed me into the boardroom of all places to review my account application. The hound got to sit in the hallowed hall of power !
    He told me I was a clever dog, had filled the application form out correctly, gave me a pat and sent me on my way.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-08-2017 at 04:47 PM.

No but a nice guy Andrew showed me into the boardroom of all places to review my account application. The hound got to sit in the hallowed hall of power !
    He told me I was a clever dog, had filled the application form out correctly, gave me a pat and sent me on my way.
    Did he read your microchip as ID and accept your paw print as a signature

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Did he read your microchip as ID and accept your paw print as a signature
    LOL too funny