sharetrader
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

I got an email from Link Market Services about the DRiP with a link to click to sign up for it.
    That took me to the single holding sign in and once in it then told me that I needed to do a full portfolio sign in to join the DRiP. It is little things like this that drive you to despair!

But I overcome this vast inconvenience and am all signed up again.

Might even buy a few shares on market .
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I got an email from Link Market Services about the DRiP with a link to click to sign up for it.
    That took me to the single holding sign in and once in it then told me that I needed to do a full portfolio sign in to join the DRiP. It is little things like this that drive you to despair!

But I overcome this vast inconvenience and am all signed up again.

Might even buy a few shares on market .

My memory is not completely st....ed yet and I can remember the previous DRP, $2.04 I think, that was a grand idea wasn't it ??

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    I think you should feel hard done by, I had to just put in my FIN and tick a box. The easiest method of signing up to DRIP I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwico View Post
    I think you should feel hard done by, I had to just put in my FIN and tick a box. The easiest method of signing up to DRIP I've found.
    Agree Easy as

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Interesting how few loans referenced in that article (small market for the size of Oz?) and the ASIC comments to avoid! No wonder the big banks shying away, they're experts at risk avoidance.

I've not thought too much about Heartlands foray into the Oz market as I've been solely focused on monitoring the SP for a decent re entry price. But now I'm wondering whether it's becoming one of those 'ethical investment' questions....
    The old “ethical investment” question. It often depends on your “personal ethical priorities”. For some, ensuring companies produce environmentally friendly products and pay their workers a living wage is an ethical question. There are the obvious issues to ponder according to one’s personal ethics. However the big issue should be that the company has a licence to operate and complies with all laws and regulations as promulgated by our legitimate authorities. Anything else is according to your personal ethics.

For me, if the borrower receives independent advice and and is of sound mind is important. They should then have the choice to take out a reverse mortgage, even if some others may think the interest rate charged constitutes unethical (according to them) usury.

A great proportion of New Zealanders have most of their equity wrapped up in their home. This concentration of NZ household wealth in residential land has happened as a result of the NZ investment and tax environment. The homeowner should be able to access this locked-in equity if they want before they die. The company providing the service should be able to charge interest for enabling this to happen.

The Bank part of Heartland Group probably needs more capital (Equity that is) if this goes ahead

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/e...-from-rbnzhtml
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Bank part of Heartland Group probably needs more capital (Equity that is) if this goes ahead

I knew they would need more capital to keep paying those lovey divies. I am quite happy if they kept the divie as is and kept extra money for expansion. Of course this bank will end up swallowed up by someone else eventually

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Article suggests Heartland Bank would need 15% capital adequacy ratio, and I assume it is correct.

Historically Heartland Bank, both when it was bank owned by HNZ and when it owned everything ran at 13.5% plus.
    Come Feb we will, hopefully, find out where it sits now that is owned by HGH, but I can imagine that it is not far off meeting a 15% requirement.

But we will have to wait and see what comes about.

Time to make Tuna Sandwiches for tea .
    om mani peme hum

I’ll get Snoopy to assess how much more capital Heartland Bank might need to reach new ‘rules’
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That would explain the shareprice weakness. Makes the new set up a good move