sharetrader
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Panda ....the 8%-10% is now only 7% (and not good signs for next year)

Did you miss recent announcement?

And how many zillions are they going to write off ...that’s your homework question?
    Last edited by winner69; 08-07-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Panda ....the 8%-10% is now only 7% (and not good signs for next year)

Did you miss recent announcement?

And how many zillions are they going to write off ...that’s your homework question?
    thanks, Winner I had actually missed that latest update as you wisely noticed . No impact to cashflows but reasonably large writedowns over onerous lease provisioning. I tried googling what it means but had no luck and can only muster vague guesses so if you guys know please share.

what are your thoughts re. Future writedowns winner?

it does seem like this is just some short term pain and RHC seem to be responding in all the right ways. Surely with an increasing population in Aus and especially in their main cities plus the aging tide and an unwillingness for a lot of spending on new public hospitals by the Turnbull Govt. the pressure must be building and at some point the dam must burst in Ramsays favour.

Less sure about UK but I believe fundamentals should be sound
    Last edited by Patient Panda; 08-07-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Yes panda the $125m is non-cash but it was once cash eh. Essentially means that past acquisitions haven't worked out as they though they would ...and some would say they paid too much for them.

Getting a bit of a habit this provisioning ..... didn't the first half have a big restructuring provision as well?

But as long as they keep coming up with this 'Core Net Profit' which ignores the bad things it'll all be OK. We need to trust them eh

'Patient' a good handle / nickname for investing in hospitals .....the gods coud be working in your favour

In spite of JTs ramping I'm being patient ... share price might go into the $40s. Chart looks terrible since the price started declining from $80 odd .....get the odd good signals to suck punters into buying but soon reverts back to its downward trend eh
    Last edited by winner69; 08-07-2018 at 11:00 AM.

IMO

Pot calling the kettle black there w69, but if you really want a showdown you will get it full bore. Some may notice RHC is a multi billion cap stock on the ASX and not a tiny stock or low liquidity stock that can be pumped.

Im slowly building a portfolio of investment grade stocks for my retirement and have had RHC on my list for sometime.It has a track record 2nd to none and i believe it will come right , the aus govt needs PH to stick around like an egg needs a carton. Im building a stake and one thing i can agree on, being patient and averaging in is a good tactic. Using KW's simple chart reccos also helpful. A slow burner . not expecting stellar gains on this one. DYOR .

IMO

Rule 1: Never buy in a downtrend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    KW had good advice bless her soul - she said “My favourite entry point is when the 50 day moving average crosses above the 200 day moving average and the share price is above the 50 day MAT”

With both of those MA above $60 not a good time to be buying in?

Maybe need to wait until the MAs fall closer to the current share price
    Last edited by winner69; 08-07-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    KW had good advice bless her soul - My favourite entry point is when the 50 day moving average crosses above the 200 day moving average and the share price is above the 50 day MA

With both of those MA above $60 not a good time to be buying in?

Maybe need to wait until the MAs fall closer to the current share price
    Wise words Winner, I have probably jumped the gun again buying in on a downtrend. Dam. I will wait patiently now and watch the TA indicators more closely before deciding when or if to top up

IMO

So far so good vol and price wise Rupert...... but early days.Tomorrow may be up/down due to .....
    An RHC subsidiary has made a takeover bid which has been rejected atp.RHC offering a fullish price for it, ive read so holders may be relieved about the NO but nervous about a sweeter too.

Ramsay Generale de Sante makes unsolicited bid for Capio AB
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 16-07-2018 at 09:54 PM.

The CEO Rex gets paid pretty well

A figure of$86m over the last 2 years is mentioned in this report

https://www.acsi.org.au/images/stori...2017.Jul18.pdf