sharetrader
Page 8 of 116 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Handsome Member

I like the company but the SP is silly now. Was a good payday, dropped a few in BABA with the proceeds

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    Well... lets see how well that post ages.

hahah well played.

If it does go anywhere near that I'm gonna feel stupid not buying more

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Irrational FOMO is alive and well with Tesla enthusiasts. Listening to CNBC this morning they mentioned that on the Robin Hood share trading platform there were 12,000 new retail investors who made purchases yesterday. Retail momentum investors are chasing this higher and just like other irrational bubbles in the past, tears will surely follow in due course.
    I got in pretty big at $235, and then again at $199, for an average of $224.

Sold out 1/3 at 525 to pay an upcoming capital call on a private equity fund, and its allready covered that by continuing to go upwards.

This ain't my first rodeo lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Well played, that must be a nice big profit. I think these prices are a bit extended. I also know that shorting can be fraught with danger. So a small one and lets see where it lands.
    Woke up this morning after putting a small short on yesterday. Did not expect that at all. Wow. Shorted at 936.12 and now its trading at 729.98. Not even sure what happened yet. Still feel its overpriced so will sit this one out a bit longer.

Cunning play blackcap.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Cunning play blackcap.
    Not cunning at all. Just stupid luck. The Mrs and I were musing about 3 weeks ago that it was strange that the market cap of Tesla was higher than that of Ford etc. SO we said well lets put a small short on. I forgot about it till 4 days ago when I read something on the thread here that Tesla was at $600. (we were prepared to go short at $400) Then me being lazy did nothing about it till yesterday morning when I saw to my shock horror that it was trading at $930. So instantly I funded my CDF account and went short. The next morning (today) I woke up to this. Could not beleive it. Had a talk to the Mrs who wanted to take some off the table but I said, well we were prepared to short at $400 so lets wait a bit longer.
    Last edited by blackcap; 06-02-2020 at 02:33 PM. Reason: typo

Not cunning at all. Just stupid luck. The Mrs and I were musing about 3 weeks ago that it was strange that the market cap of Tesla was higher than that of Ford etc. SO we said well lets put a small short on. I forgot about it till 4 days ago when I read something on the thread here that Tesla was at $600. (we were prepared to go short at $400) Then me being lazy did nothing about it till yesterday morning when I saw to my shock horror that it was trading at $930. So instantly I funded my CDF account and went short. The next morning (today) I woke up to this. Could not beleive it. Had a talk to the Mrs who wanted to take some off the table but I said, well we were prepared to short at $500 so lets wait a bit longer.
    Lot of talk by experts on CNBC today that the Tesla share price reminded them of other bubbles like the dot com craze of 1999 and more recently the crypto currency crazes. No mention of the Tulip mania in 1637 or goat mania in late 1980's when goats hit $15,000 a head in New Zealand. Good luck mate.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Not cunning at all. Just stupid luck.
    Good to win now and then ... but you have to be in to win so not just luck.

Guru

Woke up this morning after putting a small short on yesterday. Did not expect that at all. Wow. Shorted at 936.12 and now its trading at 729.98. Not even sure what happened yet. Still feel its overpriced so will sit this one out a bit longer.
    b c , nice to hear of a ballsy trade , but have you heard the latest from Crammer, says that it is headed higher than the recent record $960+ but could not say when, I tend to agree and was that the reason for todays bounce ?