sharetrader
Page 60 of 242 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Guru

Wow some really sh it numbers that they put out after market on a Friday. Wonder what the price will be on Monday....

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201810...q4q3kryhpb.pdf

percy

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Wow some really sh it numbers that they put out after market on a Friday. Wonder what the price will be on Monday....

Just when you thought things could not get worse for Michael Hill,they just did.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post

Double digit decline in same stores sales some effort

Seems unless they discount/have sales they are dead in the water ......is market saying the product not really that special?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Seems like they shot themselves in the foot big time. Hopefully they fix this, sold half my holding this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by James108 View Post
    Seems like they shot themselves in the foot big time. Hopefully they fix this, sold half my holding this morning.
    Hard to fix when you try to turn a slow moving train wreck around

I blame Rob Fyfe influence

I don't buy that michael hill are a slow moving train wreck. Seems like they had 1 average to poor year in their core NZ/AUS/CAN operations now they are changing strategy.

I imagine they want to be more like Tiffany and Co. i.e. premium/desirable brand, no need to discount. I read tiffany and co suprisingly have a lower gross margin (havent looked at their statements myself) but much higher revenue/store (their assets and fixed costs work MUCH harder, they have only 1 busy store in Auckland). Unfortunately Michael Hill have 30 years of being a middle of the road brand and you are right, you cannot turn that around easily. I feel their stores look better than competition in malls (but hey, I'm no female and definitely no expert), so maybe they can do it. I am not holding my breath which is why I sold half this morning.

Unfortunately Michael Hill have 30 years of being a middle of the road brand and you are right, you cannot turn that around easily....
    That’s the big problem for them .....esp the 30 years bit

Consumers will see through the changes they are making and vote with their wallet

Guru

PE still pretty HIGH @ 57 which indicated growth premium so with todays sobering sales ann where will they come from, imho PE for a retail share in this environment should be in the mid 20's , so what would that indicate as a share price for MHJ ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    PE still pretty HIGH @ 57 which indicated growth premium so with todays sobering sales ann where will they come from, imho PE for a retail share in this environment should be in the mid 20's , so what would that indicate as a share price for MHJ ?
    The p/e on continuing operations was closer to 10. Who knows what it is now, could be negative if they keep this up.

The p/e on continuing operations was closer to 10. Who knows what it is now, could be negative if they keep this up.
    Negative assumes making a loss ......lol