sharetrader
Page 417 of 1990 FirstFirst ... 3173674074134144154164174184194204214274675179171417 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,170 of 19899
    Banned

The time to buy OCA if you dont already have a stash at under $1.10 is after the result in a few weeks, let's see how they are managing those expenses first, if profits are up substantially but expenses have increased to match then what is it currently worth?

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The time to buy OCA if you dont already have a stash at under $1.10 is after the result in a few weeks, let's see how they are managing those expenses first, if profits are up substantially but expenses have increased to match then what is it currently worth?
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/329805 Agree with you on this one Coutts. Shareholders have an expectation that Earl and his team will deliver a much better growth rate than last year's pathetic 5.3% interim growth result which Earl Gasparich described as a "strong result". I remember thinking at the time what's "strong" about it ? Very poorly chosen adjective in my opinion.

Rather comically, and in stark contrast, director Liz Coutts contradicts Earl later in the same press release and describes the result as "steady" and the dividend stayed the same and reflected the steady earnings
    On behalf of the Board, Oceania Chair Liz Coutts confirmed that an interim dividend of 2.1 cents per share (not imputed) would be paid to shareholders on 18 February 2019. This dividend reflects Oceania’s steady earnings and cash flow and is in line with the Board policy.
    Shareholders holding at this price will be hoping this year's interim result really will be strong.

Macca's must be licking their chops in anticipation of a huge share placement in 2020.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-12-2019 at 06:23 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/329805 Agree with you on this one Coutts. Shareholders have an expectation that Earl and his team will deliver a much better growth rate than last year's pathetic 5.3% interim growth result which Earl Gasparich described as a "strong result". I remember thinking at the time what's "strong" about it ? Very poorly chosen adjective in my opinion.

Shareholders holding at this price will be hoping this year's interim result really will be strong. Macca's must be licking their chops in anticipation of a huge share placement in 2020.
    With the current bullish sentiment in the sector I can see Macq getting lifted out of their stake as opposed to having to make a placement at a discount .

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    With the current bullish sentiment in the sector I can see Macq getting lifted out of their stake as opposed to having to make a placement at a discount .
    My understanding under the takeovers code is that anyone bidding for more than 20% is obliged to bid for the whole company. MET is struggling to get current NTA, the chances of a takeover bid for OCA at the current 30% premium to NTA look pretty slim to me. I am genuinely worried about a takeover of SUM though with their remarkable track record of growth. That's one company I definitely don't want to get acquired.

Best result I can dream of for Monday is a SUM takeover of MET ! SUMMET health care has a great ring to it
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-12-2019 at 06:37 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

OCA up nicely @ $1.37 (5.4%), $1.39 high point. Nice going you good thing...!
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    OCA up nicely @ $1.37 (5.4%), $1.39 high point. Nice going you good thing...!
    Ahhh I knew there was a reason I decided to invest quite heavily into this one ... I was beginning to feel a bit depressed ...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    Ahhh I knew there was a reason I decided to invest quite heavily into this one ... I was beginning to feel a bit depressed ...
    Really cheer yourself up by taking some profit at the current irrational price level.

Advanced Member

Really cheer yourself up by taking some profit at the current irrational price level.
    Sounds like you're keen to buy a block eh couta?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Davexl View Post
    Sounds like you're keen to buy a block eh couta?
    I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole at current level until I see the result.
    Last edited by couta1; 30-12-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Advanced Member

I wouldn't touch it with a barge pull at current level until I see the result.
    Think I might sell the rumour (of a good result) and buy the fact (maybe it isn't one) - later...