sharetrader
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Are NZ stocks too expensive now?

Guru

I suppose we'll find out this month if some are to expensive... but I believe there are some that are reasonable, if not slightly 'conservative' valuations, and some that are trading at ridiculous valuations

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I suppose we'll find out this month if some are to expensive... but I believe there are some that are reasonable, if not slightly 'conservative' valuations, and some that are trading at ridiculous valuations
    sample of reasonable valuation and ridiculous valuation stocks please Tj. Thanks

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    sample of reasonable valuation and ridiculous valuation stocks please Tj. Thanks

Thanks TJ for your email.

Ok, I will give my opinion.

Ridiculous, XRO and WYN.

Reasonable in my mind, but very view people seem to agree with me so don't see this as advise to invest in it.

SAN, 1H16 NP from operations close to $22mil, full year by my calculations should be >$40mil. At present Share Price of $5.62 this gives an P/E of just over 13 for 2016.
    This together with a gross dividend yield of over 5% is reasonable in my books. Company has been manages quite badly in the past but to me it seems the new CEO Volker Kuntzsch is getting the company back on track.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Ok, I will give my opinion.

Ridiculous, XRO and WYN.

Reasonable in my mind, but very view people seem to agree with me so don't see this as advise to invest in it.

SAN, 1H16 NP from operations close to $22mil, full year by my calculations should be >$40mil. At present Share Price of $5.62 this gives an P/E of just over 13 for 2016.
    This together with a gross dividend yield of over 5% is reasonable in my books. Company has been manages quite badly in the past but to me it seems the new CEO Volker Kuntzsch is getting the company back on track.

Yes sad, WYN lost 3/4 of the value in less than 6 months...anyone thinks they will be back on th track?

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

BFW, FLI, MOA - are crazy over. The gentailers are starting to look 'fully' priced - I'm still holding two but...

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    The gentailers are starting to look 'fully' priced - I'm still holding two but...
    IMO the Gentailers will remain on a premium price level for the time that interest rates are so low, due to their high yields. They attract typical mum & dad investors looking to put their money into something better than term deposits and with the OCR looking like it will remain relatively low for the foreseeable future, I don't see any reason why such high yielding shares will retreat.

Interest rates at record lows and headed lower still will underpin the market. PE's looked stretched based on historical averages but when you consider the 10 year risk free rate is circa 3% below historical averages the market is not expensive and pockets of value are there to be found for anyone willing to do the research.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    IMO the Gentailers will remain on a premium price level for the time that interest rates are so low, due to their high yields. They attract typical mum & dad investors looking to put their money into something better than term deposits and with the OCR looking like it will remain relatively low for the foreseeable future, I don't see any reason why such high yielding shares will retreat.
    Yep the market boyancy comes down to the very low interest rates world wide IMOP, HBL is probably one of, if not the best,value play at the moment.
    I don't think typical mums and dads invest directly in the sharemarket in my experience,they would actually be extraordinary mums and dads. Most are way too scared of gambling their funds away.