sharetrader
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I too are looking for it to bottom and I will pick up a decent amount for the long term portfolio. This is not a trading stock or you may have a heart attack.

disc: shareholder
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Default brought another 25,000

well been away for a couple days didn't think I'd see these levels still didn't think it was going drop below 28c still like Dr who states IRN much like PPP has 80mill in the bank 33% with a right to increase to 37.5% in one of the largest untapped Copper gold reserves in the world currently IRN S/P values this at $0 you do the figures IRN gold share 5mill oz alone has a ground value of min 3.5 AUD billion at 700oz aud now add the copper + IRN's other prime tenament = stupidly undervalued stock that has no hedging.

Now who do you ask has a major share of the project......XSTRATA
    Xstrata is now the fifth largest diversified metals and mining company in the world, with operations and projects in 18 countries and top five market positions in each of its major commodities.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 29-01-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

If Xstrata were to make another take over bid, from what I read on HC we would be looking at around a 1st of March onwards as they have to wait 6 months before after their initial offer?

This sound right to you guys?

Any thoughts also on if they will put in a much lower bid now that the share price has dropped to where it currently is and hope that shareholders take what seems like a good price in the current climate?

edit// after reading this, we may be waiting quite some time for a new offer :/

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...eiE&refer=home
    Last edited by marknz88; 29-01-2009 at 10:41 PM.

My guess is that Alson group and Co will make a bid for the Tampakan asset before Xstrata. I think the Alson group needs the final report before they can secure financing and backers support. The final report will give detailed analysis of the reserve and production costs.

I am just hoping the sp to come down more so that I can get set before any corporate activity announcement.
    Having got ourselves into a debt-induced economic crisis, the only permanent way out is to reduce the debt – either directly by abolishing large slabs of it, or indirectly by inflating it away.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Who View Post
    My guess is that Alson group and Co will make a bid for the Tampakan asset before Xstrata. I think the Alson group needs the final report before they can secure financing and backers support. The final report will give detailed analysis of the reserve and production costs.

I am just hoping the sp to come down more so that I can get set before any corporate activity announcement.
    down more think your being greedy now Dr who we both know IRN are currently at or close to cash backing
    IMHO we will get another bid for tampakan but sadly the price will be down abit on the last offer still should be at least 200% higher than the current S/P unless gold goes through $1000oz soon or copper increases alot then we will see more of a biding war develop between the bargin hunters and should see 1.30+
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    down more think your being greedy now Dr who we both know IRN are currently at or close to cash backing
    IMHO we will get another bid for tampakan but sadly the price will be down abit on the last offer still should be at least 200% higher than the current S/P unless gold goes through $1000oz soon or copper increases alot then we will see more of a biding war develop between the bargin hunters and should see 1.30+
    IRN - Quarterly Activities report

http://www.stocknessmonster.com/news...E=ASX&N=312961

Cash backing of 20c per share or $76.5m

Very nice to see IRN cash burn rate is only around $2.5-3 million a year.

Gold is at $940 and copper at $155 making IRN one of the cheapest miners listed. Production cost is only $60 for copper. Gold continues to be strong and Copper has bottomed and recovering very nicely.

Once the Extended Pre-Feasibility Study is finalised, this pup will be taken out by one of the big boys.

"In mid-2008, Indophil completed its own assessment of the project, ahead of the XPFS being completed
    by Xstrata-SMI. Indophil’s findings were published in its Target’s Statement of 21 July 2008. Based on an
    improved mineral resource – confirmed by Xstrata – of 2.2 billion tonnes, Indophil’s assessment was at
    an initial mining and milling rate of 44Mtpa, building to 66Mtpa for an average production over the first
    25 years of 300,000tpa of copper and 320,000ozpa of gold. Further, Indophil estimates that the C1 cash
    operating cost would be closer to US60c per pound of copper, with a still undetermined molybdenum
    credit to be factored into the operating cost estimate."
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 13-02-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Cool

IRN starting to move finally today not long till Xstrata will have another chance to up the bid on IRN prime asset ,Glad to be holding should be very postive times ahead

I bought some more recently.

It has broken through the 26 cents resistance. It should continue on its move. Whats interesting is that there is no sign of the large seller. Maybe something hot is brewing in the background. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Doc noticed that Xstrata has successfully raised more cash. Maybe they have cash now for acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by AMR View Post
    Have they hedged anything? It seems the price has gone the opposite way of gold which is usually a bad sign. Others like NEM are doing much better.
    No hedging. They dont start production for another 1-2 years. Both Xstrata and Alson have a vested interest in seeing a lower sp for another possible carck at a T/O bid. Both failed to buy out IRN last year at $1.25-$1.30.
    Last edited by Dr_Who; 17-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.