sharetrader
Page 111 of 286 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2859

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Banned

Hi Snapiti, Yes at least my remaining capital is actually doing something even if its sitting in DB account at only 2.6% and Zel has a dividend coming up, I may enter CNU as quick trade upon good news but will never hold this puppy again for any length of time, I would only be doing this to try and recoup some of my lost capital but I'm feeling extremely cautious and badly burnt right now,would really appreciate any private message on when you think it may be a good time to re enter as a short term play,thanks again

Moosie...you make it all so easy...I'm glad we have you to lead the way through the minefield. I mean its just a gem to see you say "the point is, why not buy elsewhere then buy when good news is confirmed? you may miss the first 5-10% gains" So I'm taking notes here...how do I know when the good news is confirmed? My worry is I can usually only see that definitely and with a 95% clarity several months after the fact...you obviously have found a much quicker method...please share it with us so we can pick the EXACT confirmation point. You claim you don't know the future but I'm not so sure...I think you're hiding something here...or are you just being your usual enthusiastic contributor....must admit for someone who owns no CNU and has no desire to you seem to spend an inordinate amount of time commenting on it. Absolutely no problems with that always admire multi-taskers.
    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    haha yeah, just reuse the old charts of DIL, don't want to waste resources on CNU! it seems we have a lot of over qualified cleaners in NZ (guy with an IT degree at mine). I'll gladly empty bins, as long as I have access to the market to make real money.

the problem is TA, nor any other type of models, can predict the future of a share price. what you are looking for is buying on good news and selling on bad. unless you visit the Occidental often or are mates with Mr Key or Ms Adams, the best thing you are going to get are SSH notices from major players. TA is a good guideline to see where the SP will most likely go (dooooowwwwnnnn).

sure, you could buy now below $2.00 and you could get a great announcement from the Gubernment the next day saying "were going to make copper lines a squillion dollars per month", but you could also be catching the first of many falling knives. have you seperated your capital into 3-4 lots for buys in case you do need to average down? are you prepared to hold for months on end for an announcement? are you liquid or illiquid (DIL has tested that for MANY people!)?

the point is, why not buy elsewhere then buy when good news is confirmed? you may miss the first 5-10% gains, but you may also avoid many months of stress, handwringing and uncertainty!

disc - mooses do not know the future nor are they tasty meat. please, no hunting them if you take my advice and do no other research. do not own CNU nor looking to initiate any positions.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    .how do I know when the good news is confirmed?
    I thought it was confirmed when Amy Adams set a range and said uncertainty would be bad for the industry. If CNU has to go down the appeal/pricing path, it is 24m of uncertainty! and will probably end up in the range originally proposed by Adams. - Oh well - only down about 10% so not too bad and it is only a small holding.

First rule of investing....NEVER act on anyone else's sayso..regardless of how successful they may have been. Second rule of investing is develop your own set of tools/criteria and test them thouroughly with SMALL amounts or no money. Third rule ALWAYS learn from your mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hi Snapiti, Yes at least my remaining capital is actually doing something even if its sitting in DB account at only 2.6% and Zel has a dividend coming up, I may enter CNU as quick trade upon good news but will never hold this puppy again for any length of time, I would only be doing this to try and recoup some of my lost capital but I'm feeling extremely cautious and badly burnt right now,would really appreciate any private message on when you think it may be a good time to re enter as a short term play,thanks again
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

First rule of investing....NEVER act on anyone else's sayso..regardless of how successful they may have been. Second rule of investing is develop your own set of tools/criteria and test them thouroughly with SMALL amounts or no money. Third rule ALWAYS learn from your mistakes.
    All you budding young Bucks..... learn these words off by heart.
    Good post Birdy
    BB

Hah...I'm sure the female moose enjoy his enthusiastic rutting...oh to be young and jedi-like ...oh well back to the lazy-boy
    Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    dont be too bothered by moosie it might be his first rutting season or he has accidentally found a patch of gunja to graze on.

Very enthusiastic is moosie but I wish I had his understanding of the markets when I was his age. Still lots of lesson to come for the young jedi.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Good post Birmanboy but i would like to add........
    Learn from others mistakes too, Life is too short to make them all yourself
    Learning slowly
    100% of all investors die.... pretty sure you can't take stuff with you.

Yes, excellent point and thanks to those who share that information because without their information and openness we are all poorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowlearna View Post
    Good post Birmanboy but i would like to add........
    Learn from others mistakes too, Life is too short to make them all yourself
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

........thar she goes!!!.....sub $2 as predicted by many........next stop???
    Have a Gr8day.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    You'd do much better reading Whale Oil and other relevant blogs (is Trans Tasman still going?) than you do producing your silly TA lines into infinity.
    MVT when I read your "anti-TA" posts it coincides with a down day.....so you've lost more capital today and feeling really grizzly, (again!!!) huh?

If shooting all those Pixies and Gnomes makes you feel better then go for it.........when all us dastardly chartists are gone your stock prices will rise.......eh?