sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Me neither. Those living in OCA facilities know very well that they are being taken good care of, and that OCA is taking every precaution to keep them as safe as possible. Their families also know this. As do shareholders.

There is always a chance covid might get in, but there will be a comprehensive plan in place for how to manage that, which will kick in immediately, should a case be identified. I have much greater faith in the likes of OCA etc, to manage it efficiently, than I do in my own place of work.

As I have said before, these providers are essential. Nobody else can provide the services/care they are providing. Residents will stay because it is their home. The government will continue to pay subsidies, residents/families will continue to pay their fees, and units/care beds will continue to be sold. The elderly who are currently living in the community will see OCA (and others) as a safer and supported place to live, especially those who currently have no family for support.

I do think OCA and others will have to give thought to how to manage unvaccinated visitors, but I'm sure they are already working on that.
    Thank you, I agree and by the way well done on the growth rate of your portfolio. Young or old, much or little, you sharing your investing journey was refreshing because its encouragement to others that its never to late to start investing to build a more resilient financial future for your wellbeing.

Folks, here is the right thread to discuss general Covid matters.
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...avirus/page520
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mike2020 View Post
    A friend in Singapore said take it easy for a couple of days, I saw no harm in it and it seemed like common sense. Not like Russian roulette where one in six die

On a related subject, has covid made it into any retirement villages in Aus lately? Does anyone know?
    I think standard advice is to take it easy for the next day at least after a vaccination. The poster who wondered which was worse - the jab or Russian roulette - was being mischievous.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 12-10-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    I think standard advice is to take it easy for the next day at least after a vaccination. The poster who wondered which was worse - the jab or Russian roulette - was being mischievous.

Several work colleagues have reported feeling quite exhausted after the second vaccine, and pretty much sleeping for the entire day. On the other hand, my wife who is in her 60s had absolutely no ill-effects at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bottomfeeder View Post
    I dont believe Covid is a large threat to the successful operation of OCA.
    Absolutely not since Covid will be just part of life like the common flu given time, next please.

Investments

OCA becoming more and more attractive ...1.39 is better then 1.42 to buy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Absolutely not since Covid will be just part of life like the common flu given time, next please.
    Yes, as a result of those getting vaccinated. No thanks to those that don't.

Guru

WHS ahead today...

long run different story of course. Sky could fall tomorrow.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    WHS ahead today...

long run different story of course. Sky could fall tomorrow.
    Like your modesty ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    The big seller(s) is / are surprisingly aggressive. Opportunity knocks for those that haven't already got their fill ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Get amongst it, a few FPH are going out the door as we speak. Lol