sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
    I suppose the question becomes how large of a difference does it make to us shareholders if selling down the current available stock takes a bit longer than expected.

I would suggest that the difference isn't too much between waiting 3-4 years instead of 2 years. Let me know if I'm wrong here...

But I don't think it's worth getting wound up over poor(ish) short term results.

You said it yourself, standard 8c per share of earnings gives us roughly a earnings yield of 13%. I would be okay with a forward 13% return in perp, but it's clear to you and I that in say 5-10 years OCA will be earning way more than that. Patience is key.
    Waiting another year, not so bad.
    Two years and those interest costs add up.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatestben View Post
    Jeeze, that sounds just aweful. Everyone’s worst nightmare. Poor fellow.
    Sailor-Boy might get some shares at even lower prices, not sure I want anymore.
    Last edited by RTM; 22-04-2024 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Typo

Mightn’t be as many as punters think the number of oldies who will be able to afford moving into a retirement village

NBR article extract Centrix figures show an alarming trend, with more and more people over 65 still having a mortgage. The number of people stepping into retirement with a mortgage has been growing. In 2018, there were 118,000 people over 65 with a mortgage, rising to 136,000 people in 2023 collectively owing just over $25 billion.

That’s about 17% of over 65s have a mortgage now …maybe 30% in 10;years time way things are going.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Could be read many ways. Does your source indicate the size of mortgages held? I'd keep a line of credit open with the bank even if I was "mortgage free", you never know when you might want to access the equity of your home at short notice without having to ask for permission.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mightn’t be as many as punters think the number of oldies who will be able to afford moving into a retirement village

NBR article extract Centrix figures show an alarming trend, with more and more people over 65 still having a mortgage. The number of people stepping into retirement with a mortgage has been growing. In 2018, there were 118,000 people over 65 with a mortgage, rising to 136,000 people in 2023 collectively owing just over $25 billion.

That’s about 17% of over 65s have a mortgage now …maybe 30% in 10;years time way things are going.
    Good for Heartland’s reverse mortgages business?

terriblr PR and service
    no-wonder sales are down

Oceania slammed as report exposes litany of failures in care of man who died after complaining of 'terrible pain'

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...ible-pain.html
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    terriblr PR and service
    no-wonder sales are down

Oceania slammed as report exposes litany of failures in care of man who died after complaining of 'terrible pain'

Poor b@stard p1ssed himself.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    terriblr PR and service
    no-wonder sales are down

Funding squeeze and lack of staff at fault? His poor wife must have been in hell trying to help him when he was in “respite” care.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Funding squeeze and lack of staff at fault? His poor wife must have been in hell trying to help him when he was in “respite” care.
    Yes. That's the exact opposite of how respite care should work for the partner/family.