sharetrader
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

When Anchorage said they weren't selling at 'prevailing price' the price was $2.00

A month later it was in the $2.20s when they sold. About the highest the price ever got as well.

Pretty sneaky those PE guys eh - but that's what makes the ticket tick.

Hate them or love them - your choice
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

All very predictable :

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/dick-sm...halt-ck-183412

"According to Forager Funds, Anchorage "used all the tricks in the book to turn Dick Smith from a $A10m piece of mutton into a $A520m lamb."

"They included (in Forager's words) pre-IPO inventory stripping, ripping cash out of the business, and aggressive accounting around write-downs and how profitabiity was presented to potential investors in the public float."

After Feltex's 'use honey instead of vinegar to trap flies" by Forsyth Barr, it is unfortunately an all too familiar tale.

The class action lawyers must be rubbing their hands with glee at yet another opportunity to make $$$ out of the misery of investors.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

This obviously isn't the first time this type of thing has happened. It should be illegal.
    No not the first time,and certainly will not be the last time.
    The "laws of libel" means you have to be careful warning others.
    Bridgecorp survived long after "people in the know" knew it was rotten.A quirk of fate was Bridgecorp applied to join the NZX.
    The NZX made Bridgecorp commission an analyst's report on their business.On reading that report the NZX refused to let Bridgecorp list.NOW the fun bit.The report was paid for by Bridgecorp.OK.Bridgecorp OWNED it and it was Bridgecorp's decission that the report was not released..Madness.
    Yet the author/analyst did an excellent right up in"Unlimited" magazine which set out the truth.
    No one else was prepared to write, or say anything against Bridgecorp as they knew they would have been sued. Bridgecorp were very quick at getting their lawyers involved.
    Last edited by percy; 05-01-2016 at 04:19 PM.

percy

Other warning signals.
    Watch out for old "ratbag" directors being "born again".
    Make sure there are no ex MPs as directors.
    Watch carefully who is selling.Don't buy off PE,and others,who have a record of being very wealthy by selling at the top.
    Watch out for floats that are with drawn,and then reappear a year or two later.
    Joining three or more unprofitable businesses together,to form one profitable business does not work.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    Stay away from DSE guys, both as investors and shoppers... That's all I'm going to say
    Had a very good feeling this day would come, hence gave anyone who was an investor or buying stock from them some warning before Christmas... I'm not surprised it happened (like several people on here), but what I am surprised at is how things deteriorated so fast.

Very fortunate that just two weeks before Xmas I got myself a 2014/15 year 50" 100hz Panasonic HD LED for $500 cash from Sylvia Park.
    Ex-display model reduced from $1000 but came with no remote (so what?!?)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpynuts View Post
    Very fortunate that just two weeks before Xmas I got myself a 2014/15 year 50" 100hz Panasonic HD LED for $500 cash from Sylvia Park.
    Ex-display model reduced from $1000 but came with no remote (so what?!?)
    You can install an app on your phone for Panasonic remote for tv.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Other warning signals.Watch carefully who is selling.Don't buy off PE,and others,who have a record of being very wealthy by selling at the top.Watch out for floats that are with drawn,and then reappear a year or two later.Joining three or more unprofitable businesses together,to form one profitable business does not work.
    gees are you talking dick smith or carter holt

The Wolf of Sharetrader

In other news, Anchorage is glad to announce its next upcoming float, Hirepool, will provide excellent value for investors.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    You can install an app on your phone for Panasonic remote for tv.

Nah it's not a smart TV, so no internet connectivity directly to my tiv.
    Regardless though - Chromecast, streaming sticks and watching sports/movies are widely available on the internet.