sharetrader

Hybrid View

I got talked into this pup by some guy with an XXL holding...kicking myself that I should know better and wait till the technical's showed a rebound...now licking my wounds because I'm underwater on this and licking my wounds on PPH as well...running out of saliva. I will stick with my standard stop loss of 15% and take the beating on the chin like a man if it comes as I thoroughly deserve it ! Never buy on a downtrend, EVER ! I will definitely not be doing a Couta1 and doubling down on this or PPH. When you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING ! and look for a ladder.
    As BP pointed out their CAGR in sales has been very sound over the last few years but can they translate that into growth in EPS going forward, that's the question ! Speculative I'd say.
    Only a 2% portfolio position for me so all up including the other speculative pup PPH less than 5%. Suppose every hound needs a couple of pups in his pouch to remind himself of what decent shares should look like. Disc: Grumpy hound.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-04-2017 at 08:56 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I got talked into this pup by some guy with an XXL holding...kicking myself that I should know better and wait till the technical's showed a rebound...now licking my wounds because I'm underwater on this and licking my wounds on PPH as well...running out of saliva. I will stick with my standard stop loss of 15% and take the beating on the chin like a man if it comes as I thoroughly deserve it ! Never buy on a downtrend, EVER ! I will definitely not be doing a Couta1 and doubling down on this or PPH. When you're in a hole, STOP DIGGING ! and look for a ladder.
    As BP pointed out their CAGR in sales has been very sound over the last few years but can they translate that into growth in EPS going forward, that's the question ! Speculative I'd say.
    Only a 2% portfolio position for me so all up including the other speculative pup PPH less than 5%. Suppose every hound needs a couple of pups in his pouch to remind himself of what decent shares should look like. Disc: Grumpy hound.
    Yup we should of listened to Percy lol. They pay a good dividend so I'm considering holding and seeing how it goes over the next couple of years. Like you Roger I only had a smallish dab.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I got talked into this pup by some guy with an XXL holding...kicking myself that I should know better and wait till the technical's showed a rebound...now licking my wounds because I'm underwater on this and licking my wounds on PPH as well...running out of saliva.
    Hope you are not referring to me . I never talk people into buying shares ... only put the facts I knew about MPG on the table for everybody to see, and so I assume it was the facts speaking for themselves.

As far as I know - that facts have not changed ... i.e. I still see MPG (at this price) as a solid long term investment (or midterm in case the share price might in some months again get ahead of itself ...);

In my view a valid choice for somebody "hunting for value". Not so sure about "digging for bones" ... but this is probably just because I am not that deep into the canine psyche, though I understand that canines consider bones as treasure ...

They say the market is in the short term a voting machine and in the long term a weighing machine. Haven't found many people good in predicting votes (well, not me - I missed in correctly predicting the recent election disasters), but predicting weighing results I find easier.

I expect (in a months time or so) a 2017 result as per their Feb announcement (great revenue growth, small earnings drop) and I expect indications for a bumper FY 2018 - at least revenue-wise. If this happens, than I am pretty sure that the share price will look after itself.

What I don't know is whether they managed to get on top of their manufacturing trouble ... but hey, should we really assume that a New Zealand company is not able to learn from its early mistakes? What happened to Kiwi ingenuity?

Discl: holding and not too worried about the current SP jitter ... but obviously monitoring the news

DYOR;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)