PDA

View Full Version : Snakk

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

couta1
11-02-2014, 11:10 AM
Are you saying Mark Ryan's post on here was circulated in a shareholder newsletter?
We have had 2 letters over the last few weeks,outlining everything to date,can't see a problem with that,will see what the march numbers bring? A lot of shares are down at the moment take a look at Sum,Rym,ZEL etc etc why would SNK's price hold up?

blah
11-02-2014, 11:19 AM
No, he mailed the company announcement to all shareholders.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/246640

More selling will be coming through after some holders find out the truth.

meanwhile, once the SP breaks through 10c (a very important psychological price), will trigger some stop loss selling, bringing the price further down to 8-9 cent to look after some real buying supports. However, where is massive bids coming from after we know the company and niche industry operations. The only buyer may save SNK is Mr. Derek and SNK itself. Buy them back for the shares that they sold. Apparently, it is not going to happen.

The way you write it seems you're quite surprised that SNK announcements are sent out as mail to shareholders? Remembering that this particular announcement is titled as a Shareholder Update - why not? Whether you read that announcement as positive or negative is really another issue to be debated.

by the way - just out of interest - how do you know it was sent to all shareholders? are you one yourself? I'm a shareholder, but opted for electronic communications so I have no clue...

couta1
11-02-2014, 11:25 AM
Does it really matter what the March numbers bring? I don't think so!

The fact that everyone is running for the hills speaks volumes. We have a really good company, quick buy my shares. This inspires no confidence on the part of investors.
If everyone's running for the hills who are the buyers then?

winner69
11-02-2014, 11:31 AM
We have had 2 letters over the last few weeks,outlining everything to date,can't see a problem with that,will see what the march numbers bring? A lot of shares are down at the moment take a look at Sum,Rym,ZEL etc etc why would SNK's price hold up?

RAK is up .... that is good

11-02-2014, 11:31 AM
The way you write it seems you're quite surprised that SNK announcements are sent out as mail to shareholders? Remembering that this particular announcement is titled as a Shareholder Update - why not? Whether you read that announcement as positive or negative is really another issue to be debated.

by the way - just out of interest - how do you know it was sent to all shareholders? are you one yourself? I'm a shareholder, but opted for electronic communications so I have no clue...

First time as a shareholder received mailed announcement or updated news. I have held RYM, THL, ATM, SML,DIL, etc for months and years, never received things like this before. Normally an annual report from RYM, would not surprise me. An announcement email really surprised me. Apparently, SNK does not sent every announcement to shareholders.

I guess they tried to explain the big selling and stabilize the price, in order to list at ASX for a good price. Only investment company cares about the price so much for funding. they got 6 million at bank why so hungry for cash again.

J R Ewing
11-02-2014, 12:02 PM
First time as a shareholder received mailed announcement or updated news. I have held RYM, THL, ATM, SML,DIL, etc for months and years, never received things like this before. Normally an annual report from RYM, would not surprise me. An announcement email really surprised me. Apparently, SNK does not sent every announcement to shareholders.

I guess they tried to explain the big selling and stabilize the price, in order to list at ASX for a good price. Only investment company cares about the price so much for funding. they got 6 million at bank why so hungry for cash again.

I haven't heard that they were looking to raise capital with the listing in Oz, although they might well do that. I think the general consensus on here was that listing on the ASX would bring a big increase in business in Australia through the increased publicity, but my guess is that increased liquidity is big factor.

blackcap
11-02-2014, 12:23 PM
The question I have is this: How does a listing in Australia help the companies performance? Increased liquidity will not help its operational performance so I am guessing it is to raise the profile. But do you warrant a listing (with all the associated costs) to increase the profile of a company?

J R Ewing
11-02-2014, 12:35 PM
The question I have is this: How does a listing in Australia help the companies performance? Increased liquidity will not help its operational performance so I am guessing it is to raise the profile. But do you warrant a listing (with all the associated costs) to increase the profile of a company?

My understanding of compliance costs of listing just on the NZX would be marginal for a company this small. To then dual list? You would think they could buy quite a bit of say mobile advertising for what they would save in compliance costs :)

11-02-2014, 12:39 PM
Another possibility is to acq some OZ existing competitors, like one mentioned at #4004. However, that division is also a profit losing business.

Or simply someone wants to sell off his 0.5c worth shares at OZ as well.

11-02-2014, 12:42 PM
I haven't heard that they were looking to raise capital with the listing in Oz, although they might well do that. I think the general consensus on here was that listing on the ASX would bring a big increase in business in Australia through the increased publicity, but my guess is that increased liquidity is big factor.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/246214

It said in the announcement in Jan

whatsup
11-02-2014, 01:16 PM
9.9;;; slip sliding away !!

11-02-2014, 01:23 PM
More active sellers, I saw the motivation. If the trend continues to be south, then we see 8c by Feb.

couta1
11-02-2014, 01:24 PM
More active sellers, I saw the motivation. If the trend continues to be south, then we see 8c by Feb.
And 15c by the end of march:cool:

Balance
11-02-2014, 01:28 PM
9.9;;; slip sliding away !!

Met an individual yesterday who was offered a chunk of the Snakk shares of SeaDragon. He was told that 'that's the overhang out of the way'. Implication being that the sp was sure to go up after that?

So imagine how pixxed he was when he read the announcement of yet more selling from the exercise of 5c options!

Wonder how many of the 'Seadragon placement' Snakk shareholders were told the same thing and now, decide to bail out before they start losing money?

jonu
11-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Met an individual yesterday who was offered a chunk of the Snakk shares of SeaDragon. He was told that 'that's the overhang out of the way'. Implication being that the sp was sure to go up after that?

So imagine how pixxed he was when he read the announcement of yet more selling from the exercise of 5c options!

Wonder how many of the 'Seadragon placement' Snakk shareholders were told the same thing and now, decide to bail out before they start losing money?

Do you know if it was a broker or someone else offering the deal? I remember in Mr Ryan's posting him mentioning dealing with the overhang, which I wouldn't have thought should have been on his job list.

Balance
11-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Do you know if it was a broker or someone else offering the deal? I remember in Mr Ryan's posting him mentioning dealing with the overhang, which I wouldn't have thought should have been on his job list.

I understand via a broker.

Copper
11-02-2014, 05:10 PM
I understand via a broker.

My broker said there were some around at ten cents so I would say that's 100% that one or several brokers handled it?It was a funny number so they may have had the odd ones left that accounted for all that turnover just after the placement.

ari
12-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Interesting article.....http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11200023

Balance
12-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Interesting article.....http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology/news/article.cfm?c_id=5&objectid=11200023

Unquestionable that mobile apps use and mobile apps related revenues will sky rocket.

But like all fast growing industries and industry sectors, there will be a few conclusive winners and many losers.

What is very telling about Snakk is that the company's 'positive' announcements (some of little relevancy - eg. two big sellers have sold out but wait, we still have plenty in our options pool to feed you suckers) are always accompanied by the big holders bolting out - they should be buying! In December, no less than Chairman Derek Handley joined the bolters.

Tells you a lot about how confident they must be about Snakk becoming a winner.

couta1
12-02-2014, 11:27 AM
Unquestionable that mobile apps use and mobile apps related revenues will sky rocket.

But like all fast growing industries and industry sectors, there will be a few conclusive winners and many losers.

What is very telling about Snakk is that the company's 'positive' announcements (some of little relevancy - eg. two big sellers have sold out but wait, we still have plenty in our options pool to feed you suckers) are always accompanied by the big holders bolting out - they should be buying! In December, no less than Chairman Derek Handley joined the bolters.

Tells you a lot about how confident they must be about Snakk becoming a winner.
You may very well be proven correct balance but as a small punt like putting a dollar each way on a horse,you have to be in to win,obviously going big in a company like Snk would require massive sized balls

J R Ewing
12-02-2014, 11:36 AM
You may very well be proven correct balance but as a small punt like putting a dollar each way on a horse,you have to be in to win,obviously going big in a company like Snk would require massive sized balls

Fair enough. That would also be a good reason for the ASX listing, we know how much the Aussies like to have a punt :)

Xerof
12-02-2014, 11:38 AM
But couta, the bookies are laying off their exposure

Balance
12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
But couta, the bookies are laying off their exposure

Precisely, Xerof - and the bookies bred the horse in the first place!!!!

My money is too hard earned to give to those who show no faith in their horse!

They get in at $1 and you pay $20 now to take the bets off them?

Better odds with my $1 (if I am into bets) in the $23m Lotto jackpot this Saturday than this horse.

winner69
12-02-2014, 11:48 AM
Moosie still buying ....prob is

couta1
12-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Precisely, Xerof - and the bookies bred the horse in the first place to run!

The horse owners are not betting with their horse and Couta wants to put a dollar in?

My money is too hard earned to give to those who show no faith in their horse!

They get in at $1 and you pay $20 now to take the bets off them?
To be honest I thought of getting out for a small profit after the last results when it went to 15.5c but stuck with it only because of the growth potential of the industry,lwant to see what happens after the next set of numbers in march,cheers

silu
12-02-2014, 11:52 AM
Why can't we just get balance to write a sticky on Snakk to warn potential investors but in return promises to shut this mouth once and for all?

jonu
12-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Did you bail Moose, or are you more of Couta's mindset?

Balance
12-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Did you bail Moose, or are you more of Couta's mindset?

Poor Moose is still recovering from his Monica Lewinsky moment in life - being disowned publicly by Mark 'I did not have any relationship with Moose' Ryan!

J R Ewing
12-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Why can't we just get balance to write a sticky on Snakk to warn potential investors but in return promises to shut this mouth once and for all?

Why? Do you think this forum should be reserved for SNK shareholders and/or those that think SNK is good value on a risk/reward basis?

silu
12-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Why? Do you think this forum should be reserved for SNK shareholders and/or those that think SNK is good value on a risk/reward basis?

No but Balance is like an US rental car to me. All those warning bells are surely well intentioned but ultimately annoying. Do it once and get it over with.

Balance
12-02-2014, 12:28 PM

This thread reminds me more and more of Plus SMS and CER (Certified Organics) every day!

Posters ignoring some very obvious and telling signs but wanting to stop others from pointing the signs out!

Amazing how history repeats itself!

Balance
12-02-2014, 12:30 PM
No but Balance is like an US rental car to me. All those warning bells are surely well intentioned but ultimately annoying. Do it once and get it over with.

But analogy, Silu.

You may choose to ignore the 'wear seatbelt' bell but no reason why others should.

silu
12-02-2014, 12:38 PM
But analogy, Silu.

You may choose to ignore the 'wear seatbelt' bell but no reason why others should.

No I think you come with the right intentions but it becomes tiresome. If some investors want to lose money so be it. I don't tell my young neighbour kid to look twice before crossing the road every frickin time I see him.

I don't think that SNK is a great investment. Heck I don't even think it's a great company. I however think that the business they are in is exciting and full of growth.

discl. SNK is my smallest holding. If it falls over so be it. I can lose that money. Can you?

Balance
12-02-2014, 12:54 PM
No I think you come with the right intentions but it becomes tiresome. If some investors want to lose money so be it. I don't tell my young neighbour kid to look twice before crossing the road every frickin time I see him.

I don't think that SNK is a great investment. Heck I don't even think it's a great company. I however think that the business they are in is exciting and full of growth.

discl. SNK is my smallest holding. If it falls over so be it. I can lose that money. Can you?

Bad analogy.

There's a constant stream of newbies to the site and to the Snakk thread. How do you know they are aware of the warnings?

As for losing money, I have lost money and I do not mind losing money due to turn of events in a company I invest in.

It is another thing altogether though to lose money to those (who are already wealthy) by paying them $20 for their $1 bets.

Balance
12-02-2014, 12:59 PM
m I now understand why so many are glad to watch and never post.

*Wonders if Balance is getting paid for his time and effort through complete devotion to the holy crusade he is on. it is a noble cause he is on with SNK and NZO.*

I will leave some ANZAC biscuits and milk out for you as compensation.

disc - not disclosing anymore disclosures.

As you were people :)

Moose, you could not have been more high profile and blatant with your postings on Snakk.

You claimed to have agreement from Snakk (and Mark Ryan) to obtain, and disseminate information to those who wanted access to that information.

Please do not lay your embarrassment and credibility problem on others (who tried to warn you) when Mark Ryan distanced himself from you.

Fair enough?

silu
12-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Bad analogy.

There's a constant stream of newbies to the site and to the Snakk thread. How do you know they are aware of the warnings?

That's why I suggested a "sticky" post where you or with help of others can write all the warnings you want to give to newbies instead of replying to every post that may encourage discourse.

couta1
12-02-2014, 01:24 PM
That's why I suggested a "sticky" post where you or with help of others can write all the warnings you want to give to newbies instead of replying to every post that may encourage discourse.
Perhaps he could do one for Chorus as well:cool: im sure theres been truckloads more money lost over there than will ever be lost at Snakk

winner69
12-02-2014, 01:34 PM
Be nice to moosie, he's got so much to tell us the excitment continues to build inside him......but principles say he can't.

Balance
12-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Perhaps he could do one for Chorus as well:cool: im sure theres been truckloads more money lost over there than will ever be lost at Snakk

What kind of argument si that? Equivalent to : There will be more road deaths in America than there ever will be lost in Fiji.

Surely it's the %tage loss which matters and the possibility of recovery.

You have more chance of fully recovering your money with Chorus than you will with Snakk - that's for sure.

One is a real business affected by regulatory concerns, the other is a hyped up business with the big shareholders bailing out as fast they can - including the Chairman!

Remember Vector halved in price? And fully recovered?

couta1
12-02-2014, 01:51 PM
What kind of argument si that? Equivalent to : There will be more road deaths in America than there ever will be lost in Fiji.

Surely it's the %tage loss which matters and the possibility of recovery.

You have more chance of fully recovering your money with Chorus than you will with Snakk - that's for sure.

One is a real business affected by regulatory concerns, the other is a hyped up business with the big shareholders bailing out as fast they can - including the Chairman!

Remember Vector halved in price? And fully recovered?
My point is why wave a red flag for one and not another? Chorus will always be a dog with fleas even if it recovers to whatever extent,did you raise all your red flags to warn people about Chorus last year?

Harvey Specter
12-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Can we get back to discussing the company. Maybe Vince should have permanently deleted this thread.

boofters
12-02-2014, 02:10 PM
this may be a tenuios link but Domino's perfromance as described here..
Surging online and mobile sales and a record number of new stores have helped pizza maker Domino's Pizza lift underlying net profit by 38.8 per cent to A$20.2 million ($21.9 million) for the six months ending December.

This is down to have a great app ( which it is )..the actual product is secondary when it comes to purchase decisions for anyone younger than 35 these days.

Retail as GEN X+ know it , is dead.

I'm backing the industry first and foremost, when another NZX option comes along I will research and potentially switch out....or when VML's turnover hits 100k..hahaha

Mista_Trix
12-02-2014, 02:31 PM
My point is why wave a red flag for one and not another? Chorus will always be a dog with fleas even if it recovers to whatever extent,did you raise all your red flags to warn people about Chorus last year?

And there are those burnt hands I mentioned - just this time on another thread.
Offer something useful Couta.

Longhaul
12-02-2014, 02:40 PM

Couta is making the point to Balance that he should spend time on other threads to warn the innocents that they may lose their money. Perhaps he could flog his dead horse on VML, GEO threads for a couple of months?

Longhaul
12-02-2014, 02:40 PM

Couta is making the point to Balance that he should spend time on other threads to warn the innocents that they may lose their money. Perhaps he could flog his dead horse on VML, GEO threads for a couple of months?

Longhaul
12-02-2014, 02:41 PM

Couta is making the point to Balance that he should spend time on other threads to warn the innocents that they may lose their money. Perhaps he (Balance) could flog his dead horse on VML, GEO threads for a couple of months?

couta1
12-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Do you have an investment in Snakk mista Trix? I do so are quite entitled to use useful comparisons re the raising of red flags to stop people from losing money,red flags should be raised no matter which company if someone has a genuine concern as balance does but the rule should be applied uniformly not just picking on the easy target

Balance
12-02-2014, 02:48 PM
Couta is making the point to Balance that he should spend time on other threads to warn the innocents that they may lose their money. Perhaps he (Balance) could flog his dead horse on VML, GEO threads for a couple of months?

Fair enough, Longhaul - so let us see you rise up to the challenge.

The obvious points have been made to the likes of you to post something useful, rather than the usual 'sp is going up. Stock overhang is out of the way. Revenue is going up. What a great growth industry mobile advertising revenues ..etc'.

The posting below from Tumeric was specifically for you, and there has been no response from you so far.

Can you please explain why?

I don't disagree with you Longhaul, in that some things receive disproportionately more attention than others on this thread.

However at the risk of pointing out the obvious, all SNK's shareholders have the same chance as any to post their analysis and initiate discussions on the very topics you mention. If you take the time to read the 222 pages on this thread you will note that bugger all has been posted of this nature. I have tried on multiple occasions to pose questions to shareholders and others about revenue, the technology SNK employs, their comparative advantages and almost never get anything back. I would encourage the likes of yourself and others who are fed up with the direction this thread has taken and change it's course. But 222 pages suggests there is almost no-one who is either willing to take the time do this OR maybe even have the required knowledge of this company to be able to do this.

Not having a go at you in particular mate, but I just don't get why the shareholders of SNK aren't getting amongst this thread and changing it's course? Let's see some quality analysis :)

Balance
12-02-2014, 02:54 PM
Happy to start discussing Snakk's prospects when there are some real replies to pertinent analysis and questions :

Let's start with this excellent piece from Steve Fleming a week ago - post #3985 :

MKB has a completely different business model to Snakk.

MKB is essentially a 'publisher' - it owns the mobile platform upon which advertising is placed

Advertisers pay MKB to advertise on the MKB sites, and they pay service providers such as SNK a small amount to facilitate the campaign

as with any media business, the real money is owning the content (i.e. Facebook, Twitter) and not being one of the hangers on providing a commodity type service (SNK)

If you go this site you will see a research report with some amazing forecast earnings growth for MKB http://www.fostock.com.au/researchreports

The only ASX listed business kind of similar to SNK is MBE, which has a small mobile advertising division that is a key competitor of SNK in Australia. However MBE are potentially looking to sell off this mobile advertising business

MBE are focussing on monetising content, rather than providing a low margin commoditised service like mobile advertising.

Looking forward to a coherent reply challenging Steve's analysis, rather than the usual 'sp is going up. Stock overhang is out of the way. Revenue is going up. What a great growth industry mobile advertising revenues ..etc'.

J R Ewing
12-02-2014, 03:29 PM
I'll pose a question. How many of you have ever actually bought something in response to an advert on your mobile? And what kind of product?
Personally, I haven't. I view the ads as an annoying feature that needs to be bypassed ASAP, so I don't really take any notice of the intended message. Maybe that's just me, but if I am looking to buy something I find my way to the site via a search engine and using my PC. I am unlikely to ever click on a mobile ad and make a basically spontaneous purchase. Would that be general or an indication that I ain't gen X+ :)

clip
12-02-2014, 03:44 PM
JR -
The below applies to adds on websites but i imagine it would be the same for mobile/mobile app ads. I have not researched this, no time atm.

The revenue is generated just by the advert being viewed - i.e displayed on the mobile. So advertiser says, hey lots of people play angry birds - put our add in angry birds and we'll pay you 0.001c every time it is viewed/displayed in the app. Not sure if they would pay more for clicks/people opening the ad (of which there will still be numerous ones being clicked by accident in people's haste to get the damn thing off the screen). So regardless of whether people click on/pay any attention to the ads, the revenue is still generated.

J R Ewing
12-02-2014, 03:53 PM
JR -
The below applies to adds on websites but i imagine it would be the same for mobile/mobile app ads. I have not researched this, no time atm.

The revenue is generated just by the advert being viewed - i.e displayed on the mobile. So advertiser says, hey lots of people play angry birds - put our add in angry birds and we'll pay you 0.001c every time it is viewed/displayed in the app. Not sure if they would pay more for clicks/people opening the ad (of which there will still be numerous ones being clicked by accident in people's haste to get the damn thing off the screen). So regardless of whether people click on/pay any attention to the ads, the revenue is still generated.

Oh I agree with that, the advertising agencies get paid regardless of how successful the ads are at generating business for the advertiser. There must be billions wasted on ineffective advertising every year. But I think in general it is getting easier to measure the success or otherwise of campaigns and I would think that increasingly advertisers will demand more than just "we got x million impressions served up so it must have been a success for us".

Now Angry birds is a great app, but my bet is that sales generated from that are heavily weighted to more angry birds and similar. Would an impression of say Coke or McDonalds help? Maybe at a subliminal level. Would you sell a computer off that advertising? Probably not.

Harvey Specter
12-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Now Angry birds is a great app, but my bet is that sales generated from that are heavily weighted to more angry birds and similar. Would an impression of say Coke or McDonalds help? Maybe at a subliminal level. Would you sell a computer off that advertising? Probably not.But it does help build brand recognition. And it is dirt cheap, unless they click though, then it is just cheap. The key is to ensure it is targeted. No so much an issue for Coke and McD as they are global but a NZ only brand would only want to appear on NZ'er phones etc.

blah
12-02-2014, 04:33 PM
I'll pose a question. How many of you have ever actually bought something in response to an advert on your mobile? And what kind of product?
Personally, I haven't. I view the ads as an annoying feature that needs to be bypassed ASAP, so I don't really take any notice of the intended message. Maybe that's just me, but if I am looking to buy something I find my way to the site via a search engine and using my PC. I am unlikely to ever click on a mobile ad and make a basically spontaneous purchase. Would that be general or an indication that I ain't gen X+ :)

From my understanding of how Snakk works, the measure of 'performance' could be quite broad, depending on what the purpose of a particular campaign is. From my recollection, Mark Ryan said in the AGM presentation (which I watched online) that a campaign, for example, is to get people to go to a mobile site and sign up for a competition that a brand is running, or to get people to download a company's app or something. The measure of performance for each campaign is therefore different depending on the purpose of the very campaign - not necessarily tied to sales.

I understand that people in general hate ads. I do myself. There are ways to get rid of them, but the average person is probably not sophisticated enough to bypass them

Balance
12-02-2014, 04:36 PM
JR -

Let's run with this in the spirit of understanding the industry and Snakk.

How does Snakk benefit from the revenue generated?

Snakk does not benefit from the advertising revenue so generated - the site or app owner charges the advertiser.

Snakk is simply a facilitator contracted by the advertising agency to design and place the advert on the App - for a one off fee.

And what Snakk does can be done by any number of players and competitors - no real point of difference or comparative advantage there.

12-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Ask yourself, whether you buy anything through mobile ads in the last six months and will you buy anything through mobile ads in the next 6 months.

If you did buy in the last 6 months, then it got customer base.
If you will buy in the next 6 months, then it has potential to grow.

For me, neither. How about you? Ask yourself

12-02-2014, 04:41 PM
We often read some retail giant annual reports, online sales increased by xx%. It mainly comes from PC and smart tablet, no stats number or anything mentioned sales mainly from mobile companion. anyone can discuss this?

J R Ewing
12-02-2014, 04:51 PM
But it does help build brand recognition. And it is dirt cheap, unless they click though, then it is just cheap. The key is to ensure it is targeted. No so much an issue for Coke and McD as they are global but a NZ only brand would only want to appear on NZ'er phones etc.

In my experience, "building brand recognition" often translates to "we don't know if it will increase our sales or profitability but we want to spend the money anyway :)"
That won't necessarily stop people making a fortune out of such campaigns though as dirt cheap x 1000000000 = $heaps
And of course not all advertising is sales oriented. It's even easier to have woolly objectives for a campaign on say road safety

J R Ewing
12-02-2014, 04:52 PM
From my understanding of how Snakk works, the measure of 'performance' could be quite broad, depending on what the purpose of a particular campaign is. From my recollection, Mark Ryan said in the AGM presentation (which I watched online) that a campaign, for example, is to get people to go to a mobile site and sign up for a competition that a brand is running, or to get people to download a company's app or something. The measure of performance for each campaign is therefore different depending on the purpose of the very campaign - not necessarily tied to sales.

I understand that people in general hate ads. I do myself. There are ways to get rid of them, but the average person is probably not sophisticated enough to bypass them

I'm not clever enough to get rid of them, but I do ignore and close at the first opportunity.

12-02-2014, 04:57 PM
In my experience, "building brand recognition" often translates to "we don't know if it will increase our sales or profitability but we want to spend the money anyway :)"
That won't necessarily stop people making a fortune out of such campaigns though as dirt cheap x 1000000000 = $heaps
And of course not all advertising is sales oriented. It's even easier to have woolly objectives for a campaign on say road safety

Agree, they charge based on views number, like one thousand views. This comes from SNK sales team,

"Our premium inventory for example is highly targeted and designed to provide the most engaging experience for brands and consumers alike, this can trade for anywhere between $40cpm to $60cpm. Our performance inventory reaches a broader, less targeted audience and is used by brands as a low cost, direct response solution, this inventory can trade for as low as $0.40cpc. "

jonu
12-02-2014, 05:04 PM
Looks like Moosie might have got around to doing some hard analysis and announced at 4:30 he has bought into MBE. Then proceeded to talk up the price. Maybe I'm doing him an injustice but after his extended sales pitch here he should have the cojones to front on whether he's bailed or not.

12-02-2014, 05:05 PM
I have another question for SNK. When I put key word "mobile ads pricing" into google search engine, the results show different competitors SEO ads online. SNK does not use Google SEO marketing online, very interesting.

Mysterious SNK, how do you do marketing. Maybe its clients are all from those Google SEO marketing companies. Where is profit from then?

Longhaul
12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
We often read some retail giant annual reports, online sales increased by xx%. It mainly comes from PC and smart tablet, no stats number or anything mentioned sales mainly from mobile companion. anyone can discuss this?

No specifics but it seems as people are becoming more familiar/comfortable with their mobile devices and retailers improve the online shopping experience, mobile shopping is going gangbusters.

IBM reported a 55% increase in mobile sales at the last Cyber Monday:

http://www.eweek.com/mobile/ibm-sees-cyber-monday-go-mobile-with-55-sales-growth.html

Longhaul
12-02-2014, 05:12 PM
I have another question for SNK. When I put key word "mobile ads pricing" into google search engine, the results show different competitors SEO ads online. SNK does not use Google SEO marketing online, very interesting.

Mysterious SNK, how do you do marketing. Maybe its clients are all from those Google SEO marketing companies. Where is profit from then?

Mark Ryan said in one of his recent updates that SNK does a lot of the mobile work for agencies, so I imagine they don't need to get new business via Adwords.

Copper
12-02-2014, 05:14 PM

They get paid every time they run an ad over mobile and tablet networks I'm told.Thats where the revenue and ultimately profit will be generated .How the heck it gets there in the first place I would be interested 831..

Copper
12-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Is all this selling coming from HPF again. Anyone a clue??

Balance
12-02-2014, 05:30 PM
No specifics but it seems as people are becoming more familiar/comfortable with their mobile devices and retailers improve the online shopping experience, mobile shopping is going gangbusters.

IBM reported a 55% increase in mobile sales at the last Cyber Monday:

http://www.eweek.com/mobile/ibm-sees-cyber-monday-go-mobile-with-55-sales-growth.html

What has Google, FB, Twitter etc explosive growth in mobile ad revenues have to do with Snakk's underlying revenues and more to the point, profits?

Bad enough getting that guff from Snakk but we now have some posters (who are screaming for value add commentary) doing the same!

This is just a regurgitation of Snakk's press PR releases and adds little value to the most important questions :

1. How does Snakk actually get its revenue?

2. What is the cost associated with getting that revenue?

Longhaul
12-02-2014, 06:19 PM
What has Google, FB, Twitter etc explosive growth in mobile ad revenues have to do with Snakk's underlying revenues and more to the point, profits?

Bad enough getting that guff from Snakk but we now have some posters (who are screaming for value add commentary) doing the same!

This is just a regurgitation of Snakk's press PR releases and adds little value to the most important questions :

1. How does Snakk actually get its revenue?

2. What is the cost associated with getting that revenue?

Urgh, this again. My post was in reply to J R Ewing's question in #4043.

People are buying more and more on their mobiles, not just looking. SNK connects advertisers with their markets on mobile devices. Will SNK be successful at building a viable, profitable business out of the opportunity? Only time will tell and that is what people on here would like to discuss.

ps. Sorry about the earlier triple post everyone, technical difficulties.

Balance
13-02-2014, 09:58 AM
People are buying more and more on their mobiles, not just looking. SNK connects advertisers with their markets on mobile devices. Will SNK be successful at building a viable, profitable business out of the opportunity? Only time will tell and that is what people on here would like to discuss.

But how does Snakk actually get its revenue? There is no direct linkage between Snakk and advertisers from what I can read from Snakk posters so far.

winner69
13-02-2014, 10:09 AM
But how does Snakk actually get its revenue? There is no direct linkage between Snakk and advertisers from what I can read from Snakk posters so far.

Maybe wizardry

winner69
13-02-2014, 10:10 AM

Maybe wizardry

couta1
13-02-2014, 10:31 AM
Maybe wizardry
Mmmm We may have another chapter in the Chronicles of Snakk in the making ,chapter 5 titled The Emperor and the Mysterious Treasure Chest:cool: We may need Mista Trix to come back over here and wave his magic Fibre wand before we can get started

Balance
13-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Mmmm We may have another chapter in the Chronicles of Snakk in the making ,chapter 5 titled The Emperor and the Mysterious Treasure Chest:cool: We may need Mista Trix to come back over here and wave his magic Fibre wand before we can get started

Let's not get side tracked - do you have the answers, Couta?

Is there any direct linkage between Snakk and advertisers?

How does Snakk generate its revenue?

Genuinely interested.

Balance
13-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Meanwhile, the latest shareholders' list of Snakk makes for sober reading - who has been selling and who has been selling.

couta1
13-02-2014, 10:47 AM
Do you have the answer, Couta?

Genuinely interested.
My understanding is that Snakk is basically a ticket clipper,they place the adds on behalf of their clients and clip the ticket every time someone looks at one of these adds whether any purchase results or not,as to the question on what it costs to generate income from this process one would have to study the accounts carefully I guess?

Minerbarejet
13-02-2014, 10:50 AM
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, check asb site, snakk, check research pdf file - gives you some idea and mentions three items that I dont recall seeing here lately if at all.
If in doubt!
Check it out!
:)

Banksie
13-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Here is the research blurb:

Snakk Media Limited (SNK-NZ) is a New Zealand company which provides end to end mobile media solutions to digital, mobile phone and social media advertising markets. Its clients include brands and media agencies, media owners, network operators and mobile application developers. SNK operates solely in Australia. SNK operates its business through three solutions namely, Aggregate Audiences, Power Technology, and Package & Sell.

Aggregate Audiences: SNK aggregates audiences across the screens through phones, tablets and mobile devices. SNK forms its partnerships with major media owners or networks and application developers that have a direct relationship with consumers.

Power Technology: SNK provides technology that delivers up unique brand messages and that suit audience's interests. SNK embeds technology into the publisher and media-owners sites and applications that serves ads advertising in unique ways.

Package and Sell: SNK connects and packages audiences to brands which want to reach their target by location, time, device, demographic, and context.

Banksie
13-02-2014, 11:47 AM
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, check asb site, snakk, check research pdf file - gives you some idea and mentions three items that I dont recall seeing here lately if at all.

Yeah, weird - AFAIK SNK's business model hadn't been described the way it was described in the ASB research file before. Maybe they are working on a new description to better pitch it at investors.

13-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Its major sales is from ten media agents and it refuses to disclose any of them. Why those media agents are willing to subcontract to SNK.

Like I said before.

Company A got $1M from real clients, may pass to SNK for $0.8M. SNK outsource some designers to complete the job for $0.6M. Why Company A not outsource or subcontract to designers and technicians for $0.6M directly? If company A has its own designers, why pass the job to SNK?

Banksie
13-02-2014, 12:04 PM
A bit more research: this whitepaper gives some insight into how mobile audiences identified and targeted - http://bluekai.com/files/bluekai-DMP-Publishers.pdf.

The BlueKai website has a wealth of information, including info-graphics for those who prefer not to read, on mobile advertising.

Balance
13-02-2014, 12:04 PM
My understanding is that Snakk is basically a ticket clipper,they place the adds on behalf of their clients and clip the ticket every time someone looks at one of these adds whether any purchase results or not,as to the question on what it costs to generate income from this process one would have to study the accounts carefully I guess?

Reading thru the infor now available, Snakk is not a ticket clipper.

It earns a one-off fee from doing contract work for one of the advertising firms who have the clients.

The ticket clippers are the site and content owners - eg. NZ Herald mobile website.

Balance
13-02-2014, 12:06 PM
Its major sales is from ten media agents and it refuses to disclose any of them. Why those media agents are willing to subcontract to SNK.

Like I said before.

Company A got $1M from real clients, may pass to SNK for $0.8M. SNK outsource some designers to complete the job for $0.6M. Why Company A not outsource or subcontract to designers and technicians for $0.6M directly? If company A has its own designers, why pass the job to SNK?

Precisely.

Now we know why the big shareholders are bolting as fast as they can.

latest shareholders list show who has been selling - very very revealing!

couta1
13-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Reading thru the infor now available, Snakk is not a ticket clipper.

It earns a one-off fee from doing contract work for one of the advertising firms who have the clients.

The ticket clippers are the site and content owners - eg. NZ Herald mobile website.
Looks like the mystery is being unravelled,so balance in you opinion is this better or worse than being a ticket clipper?

Banksie
13-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Balance, could you please provide a link to shareholder list? All I can get is one from opencorporates that is months out of date.

FYI if you click on the Update from Registry button the shareholding updates. No need to do it now. I just did it for you ;).

https://opencorporates.com/companies/nz/3202682

winner69
13-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Meanwhile, the latest shareholders' list of Snakk makes for sober reading - who has been selling and who has been selling.

Whose behind that RAKIA LTD that seems to have reduced his significant holding

And kiwi seems to be mentioned

Maybe just a long overdue cleanup

Banksie
13-02-2014, 01:14 PM
The latest shareholder movements are here:

http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/3202682/19141445/entityFilingRequirement?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp %2Fui%2Fpages%2Fcompanies%2F3202682%2Fdetail

Harvey Specter
13-02-2014, 01:45 PM
Haha check out thee Handley family under the registered Far East Traders location on googlemaps. Dont forget to toot every time you drive past.

Balance
13-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Whose behind that RAKIA LTD that seems to have reduced his significant holding

And kiwi seems to be mentioned

Maybe just a long overdue cleanup

Not a long overdue clean-up - the list is dynamic and show latest shareholdings, and change from a specific date.

blackcap
13-02-2014, 02:11 PM

http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/3202682/19141445/entityFilingRequirement?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp %2Fui%2Fpages%2Fcompanies%2F3202682%2Fdetail

You can also get them from your broker, showing the amounts of shares bought/sold, and current holding with % of holding in said company. Just ask nicely.

Balance
13-02-2014, 02:31 PM
So what does the shareholder list tells us?

Derek Handley and his brothers continue to sell their shares on market, and now joined by Andrew Jacobs.

Strange, isn't it? The company issues positive announcements, one after another, telling all and sundry how wonderfully well they are doing and what a great future is in store for shareholders - but insiders are selling as fast as they can!

What do they know which you Snaggers do not?

Banksie
13-02-2014, 02:41 PM
So what does the shareholder list tells us?

Derek Handley and his brothers continue to sell their shares on market, and now joined by Andrew Jacobs.

Didn't Andrew Jacobs buy shares? He went from 6,000,000 to 6,550,000.

blackcap
13-02-2014, 02:42 PM

Balance, you may have just invented a new word!

Harvey Specter
13-02-2014, 02:43 PM
On a more sombre note, even his brother is selling...Who's John H? - he's increased and so has Sparkbox. Stevey T is also out, though not surprising now that it is listed as his K1W1 is normal unlisted investments.

Balance
13-02-2014, 02:45 PM
Who's John H? - he's increased and so has Sparkbox. Stevey T is also out, though not surprising now that it is listed as his K1W1 is normal unlisted investments.

I forgot to mention that list is already out of date.

Balance
13-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Didn't Andrew Jacobs buy shares? He went from 6,000,000 to 6,550,000.

He increased (I assume via exercise of options) and been selling according to the infor given to me.

Balance
13-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Looks like the mystery is being unravelled,so balance in you opinion is this better or worse than being a ticket clipper?

Google and FB are ticket clippers - nice recurring revenues from advertisers who place ads on their sites.

I would have thought the answer is rather clear - especially with the sell down and sell off of shares by the 'founding' fathers, Chairman and executives.

Snaggers buying off these Snakes are thinking they know better?

It is hilarious how some of the Snaggers here do not even know what Snakk does and how it earns its revenue! But they are happy to buy off the Snakes who actually know!

hilskin
13-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Hi Balance, can you please disclose what your agenda is here with this SNAKK thread and please don't say to SAVE investors from losing their money. Any normal person would say their bit and leave everyone to it but you just keep going. I know what your agenda is with another thread on here but I just can't work out why you are spending so much time and effort to discredit this company. You must have an agenda which I would love for you to disclose or do you just get turned on but winding people up, there is a name for this.

jonu
13-02-2014, 03:44 PM
Hi Balance, can you please disclose what your agenda is here with this SNAKK thread and please don't say to SAVE investors from losing their money. Any normal person would say their bit and leave everyone to it but you just keep going. I know what your agenda is with another thread on here but I just can't work out why you are spending so much time and effort to discredit this company. You must have an agenda which I would love for you to disclose or do you just get turned on but winding people up, there is a name for this.

Balance is a lot more vocal and persistant, but he is by no means the only one concerned about SNK. The last options issue combined with a ra/ra announcement confirmed my suspicions. I think it damages the credibility of the market as a whole and I don't like it.

J R Ewing
13-02-2014, 04:03 PM
Balance is a lot more vocal and persistant, but he is by no means the only one concerned about SNK. The last options issue combined with a ra/ra announcement confirmed my suspicions. I think it damages the credibility of the market as a whole and I don't like it.

That is pretty close to my position as well.

ari
13-02-2014, 05:05 PM
That is pretty close to my position as well.
Snap.......balances viewpoints don't worry me at all, the more the merrier...I went into this investment with my eyes open, call it greed or whatever, but right from the start I kept saying I've seen this all before. Just hope history does not repeat. I certainly don't loose any sleep over it.....yet!

Balance
13-02-2014, 05:33 PM
What is the agenda that you do know about?

The truth hurts.

hilskin
13-02-2014, 06:53 PM
Hi Balance, always good to hear both positive and negative sides and in no way do I want members including yourself to stop informing fellow investors of their thoughts on this or any company. You are just soooo motivated and take it to a whole new level and I was just wondering why that is? Is there a reason or are you just this way inclined. I don't think there are many that disagree with the content you are informing us all of it is just you start to question everyone's intelligence as we must be stupid for still investing in this company.
Yes I have shares with this company so I must be stupid for not listen to you and selling out but I am well aware of the risks involved with investing in a company like this thanks to people like yourself being very informative. I personally am prepared to take that risk and I'm even happy for you to say I TOLD YOU SO as I'm sure you will if the company fails.
I have a plan like I'm sure other investors in this company do and I only hope they have read yours and other members posts and I wish them the best of luck with their investment. Why can't you do the same, I'm sure no one wants you to go away just stop treating people like we are idiots.
This post is meant in the nicest possible way as I have no grudge against you Balance, Take Care

Schrodinger
13-02-2014, 06:59 PM
This could turn out to be a reasonable company although it is a wait and see ATM. What I am reasonably confident about is the lack of a scaleable platform that can make large profits after a period of cash burn.

In saying that if I come across something that changes my opinion I will post it in this thread.

Balance
13-02-2014, 07:19 PM
This could turn out to be a reasonable company although it is a wait and see ATM. What I am reasonably confident about is the lack of a scaleable platform that can make large profits after a period of cash burn.

In saying that if I come across something that changes my opinion I will post it in this thread.

The latest shareholders list is revealing.

I share it and what is the reaction?

winner69
13-02-2014, 07:22 PM

A good old fashioned telling off by the looks of it Balance

In the good old days down to the headmasters office for six of the best

Methinks you will survive .... cheers mate

Balance
13-02-2014, 07:40 PM
A good old fashioned telling off by the looks of it Balance

In the good old days down to the headmasters office for six of the best

Methinks you will survive .... cheers mate

Haha, thanks , W69.

I find this thread and the characters (Snaggers) here just as interesting as the Noggers at NZOG.

My sense is that many of them have got in on hype with no clear understanding at all of Snakk does, and are now scared to death of the truth - because it's a game of 'pass the parcel' and the truth will stop the parcel game.

Where is the courage of conviction?

I sent two of the Snaggers here PM asking them to respond to perfectly reasonable questions to share their understanding of Snakk - the silence has been deafening!

So, Snaggers - get used to being challenged. You may choose to ignore the obvious, but not yours truly here.

Minerbarejet
13-02-2014, 08:03 PM

The reaction is I immediately sold out, thanks for the warning , this has been the most diabolical and stupid share based on fairyland ideas. Its just too hard to figure out whats going on and I will put it into full recovery mode by buying PEB on any drop.
Do but have a nice day.
Saul Ova

winner69
13-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Haha, thanks , W69.

I find this thread and the characters (Snaggers) here just as interesting as the Noggers at NZOG.

My sense is that many of them have got in on hype with no clear understanding at all of Snakk does, and are now scared to death of the truth - because it's a game of 'pass the parcel' and the truth will stop the parcel game.

Where is the courage of conviction?

I sent two of the Snaggers here PM asking them to respond to perfectly reasonable questions to share their understanding of Snakk - the silence has been deafening!

So, Snaggers - get used to being challenged. You may choose to ignore the obvious, but not yours truly here.

And our mate at the London School of Economics will be loving this thread wont he Balance

Good juicy raw material for their on going studies into behavioural finance and how investors think

Balance
13-02-2014, 08:34 PM
And our mate at the London School of Economics will be loving this thread wont he Balance

Good juicy raw material for their on going studies into behavioural finance and how investors think

I am looking forward to him publishing his findings - but most probably he would only do so after the inevitable?

Makes for more fascinating, sensational and insightful reading?

"Dance of the desperate"

Hooper
13-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Why so much c/o Jones Young Lawyers (120 Albert Street) selling out
Is this their full client list who like to invest? Clients who were/are privy to information

Or pre-listing shareholders all got the c/o 120 Albert Street?...which may be the case as I don't think Mark Lowndes needs a lawyer!

Either way most the pre-listing holders are out

Balance
14-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Hi Balance, always good to hear both positive and negative sides and in no way do I want members including yourself to stop informing fellow investors of their thoughts on this or any company. Why can't you do the same, I'm sure no one wants you to go away just stop treating people like we are idiots.
This post is meant in the nicest possible way as I have no grudge against you Balance, Take Care

Thanks for that, Hilskin and fair enough.

Please do not read hidden agendas into everything - there are a few of us battled scared veterans who have been there and done that, and are now imparting our experience and knowledge to others.

What intrigues me about Snaggers is how many have jumped in without even the most basic of understanding of how Snakk actually operates!

We had one poster (name unmentioned) who compared Snakk to Xero! That is as deliberate a ramp as is conceivably possible!

When he was challenged that Snakk is not building up any meaningful footprint (and recurring revenues) because it is but a contractor out of many in a competitive industry, he switched his argument to the fact that the sp is down temporarily because of stock overhang. Never mind that the basis for investing in Snakk has just been blown out the window.

When the overhang was removed (supposedly), and trumpeted by no less than CEO of Snakk in a press release (so sp must go up), but more stock kept coming out - it was now the fault of negative posts on this forum! So time to try and shift the so-called information flow elsewhere.

And so on and so forth.

In one sentence, Hilskin, I do not think this is acceptable behavior.

Contrast the discussions going on at PEB or DIL - there are many detractors around but you do not see the detractors being abused, do you? In fact, there are believers there who patiently (too patient imo) reply to any challenges posted.

Here, there have been no coherent replies to the most basic of questions! What does that tell you about some of the traders (describing them as investors would be a gross insult to investors) in Snakk?

bottlerboy
14-02-2014, 12:09 PM
The reaction is I immediately sold out, thanks for the warning , this has been the most diabolical and stupid share based on fairyland ideas. Its just too hard to figure out whats going on and I will put it into full recovery mode by buying PEB on any drop.
Do but have a nice day.
Saul Ova
I sold out a few weeks ago, and greatly relieved to have done so.
Many thanks to Balance for shining some intelligent light onto the way these guys are operating.
Chalkies recent article http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/9710256/Money-in-money-out should ring some alarm bells on here as well

14-02-2014, 01:18 PM
I sold out a few weeks ago, and greatly relieved to have done so.
Many thanks to Balance for shining some intelligent light onto the way these guys are operating.
Chalkies recent article http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/opinion-analysis/9710256/Money-in-money-out should ring some alarm bells on here as well

Lots of VC stuff going on as tech bubble continues, 0.1c initials then listing and selling over 10c with negative profit and increasing revenue. Success and failure. Once they got listed, will be bailed out by small investors.

Balance
14-02-2014, 06:42 PM
Trading today is indicative of the nonsense which goes on with this stock.

Sales in volume at 9.5c, and out pops 30K at 10c to 'dress' the price at 10c.

Bobcat.
14-02-2014, 07:58 PM
I bought in today for the first time, with what I thought was a cheeky bid. Chart shows previous support at 9.5c and RSI is low (oversold) but starting to climb...usually a good sign. MACD also looks to be making a turn north.

Let's see if 9.5c holds Monday. One thing a bit troubling is how this stock might react to another nose dive in the US Equity markets (tonight or early next week is my gut feel, off a head and shoulder pattern that's been forming).

BC

robbo24
14-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Let's see if 9.5c holds Monday. One thing a bit troubling is how this stock might react to another nose dive in the US Equity markets (tonight or early next week is my gut feel, off a head and shoulder pattern that's been forming).

Ahem, yes, because that factor appears to be a driving factor of the SNK share price.

Tui plz.

Dentie
15-02-2014, 06:53 AM
Trading today is indicative of the nonsense which goes on with this stock.

Sales in volume at 9.5c, and out pops 30K at 10c to 'dress' the price at 10c.

Although it appears most of us on here have liquidated their SNK shares - thanks to your ongoing alerts about the foolhardiness of being in this stock Balance, it also appears some are still willing to buy. Perhaps you should widen your vitriol into the greater market through the national newspapers etc so the rest of the SNK holding population can start dumping their holdings to anyone who will grab them?

I have learnt so much from your (& some others) financial assessment of this company. Time will no doubt provide the inevitable testimony to your undoubted investing experience & skill.

Leftfield
15-02-2014, 07:58 AM
Perhaps you should widen your vitriol into the greater market through the national newspapers etc so the rest of the SNK holding population can start dumping their holdings to anyone who will grab them?

I have learnt so much from your (& some others) financial assessment of this company. Time will no doubt provide the inevitable testimony to your undoubted investing experience & skill.

Nice one Dentie. :t_up:

couta1
15-02-2014, 08:10 AM
Im holding onto mine for a bit longer,potential of this industry keeps me holding,who else is still holding?Moosie I know your not going to disclose and understand the reason for that:cool: No mention of Snakk anywhere in Brian Gaynors article in the herald this morning on penny stocks,plus Sms is mentioned,perhaps balance could write an article to go in the herald?

robbo24
15-02-2014, 08:37 AM
Balance, it also appears some are still willing to buy.

Unfortunately the vast majority of them are sitting on paper losses or have taken said losses.

Leftfield
15-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Im holding onto mine for a bit longer,potential of this industry keeps me holding,who else is still holding?

I'm holding for the same reasons as you Couta. A small holding at a v minor loss.
As the SNK vitriol mounts, my contrarian instincts make me happy to wait for more info'. As Dentie says - 'time will tell.'

nextbigthing
15-02-2014, 09:55 AM
Left field, Couta, others who are holding... Serious question. Does the mass sell down from directors And associates not concern you? I know directors sell down from time to time but the selling seems relentless. Why would they sell down so much now if it was destined for great things? This is traditionally a very large alarm bell for guys like Buffet etc.

Disc; not holding as it's easier to stay out of this one for me personally. But following as I think there will be a good lesson learnt, regardless of which way the outcome goes.

blackcap
15-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Left field, Couta, others who are holding... Serious question. Does the mass sell down from directors And associates not concern you? I know directors sell down from time to time but the selling seems relentless. Why would they sell down so much now if it was destined for great things? This is traditionally a very large alarm bell for guys like Buffet etc.

Disc; not holding as it's easier to stay out of this one for me personally. But following as I think there will be a good lesson learnt, regardless of which way the outcome goes.

Good call nextbestthing, but these lessons that are to be learnt have already been learnt a few years ago and a few years before that. It does seem as if history has a habit of repeating itself and ppl just are not willing to learn or do not learn. I guess experience is the best teacher.

Dentie
15-02-2014, 10:32 AM

But is it a mass sell down?

Without too much nitty gritty analysis on the shareholder list ... it could be just repositioning? .... John Handley increased his holding by 900%...HPF sold down 25%....Far East Traders shed 15%.....Trevor Smith increased 50+%...

Considering the amount of shares they hold ... they could be just diluting their egg basket? Other opportunities beckon as well as this?

Who knows ...

Balance
15-02-2014, 10:44 AM
But is it a mass sell down?

Without too much nitty gritty analysis on the shareholder list ... it could be just repositioning? .... John Handley increased his holding by 900%...HPF sold down 25%....Far East Traders shed 15%.....Trevor Smith increased 50+%...

This is precisely the kind of nonsense which goes on in this thread.

You have not bothered to do a proper analysis of the shareholder list (in fact, it is probably the first time you saw it) and you are ready to make pronouncements?

Do some homework and analysis, you will be amazed how much you learn!

Let me help you get started :

1. Derek held 40,772,634 shares at the beginning of Feb 2014.

2. John Handley held via 2 holdings, 14,778,241 shares and

3. Andrew Jacobs held 6,550,000 shares.

Now track through SSH announcements, and Snakk's PR about stock overhang and shareholdings.

What does your analysis tell you?

Dentie
15-02-2014, 11:58 AM
This is precisely the kind of nonsense which goes on in this thread.

You have not bothered to do a proper analysis of the shareholder list (in fact, it is probably the first time you saw it) and you are ready to make pronouncements?

Do some homework and analysis, you will be amazed how much you learn!

Let me help you get started :

1. Derek held 40,772,634 shares at the beginning of Feb 2014.

2. John Handley held via 2 holdings, 14,778,241 shares and

3. Andrew Jacobs held 6,550,000 shares.

Now track through SSH announcements, and Snakk's PR about stock overhang and shareholdings.

What does your analysis tell you?

In typical style, when someone dares to have anything different to say than your own persistent gospel of "stock analysis 101" - you personally attack them.

With all due respect to your own apparent stock analysing brilliance Balance, have another read of what I wrote. You should note nearly every sentence had a question mark - which is consistent with my self confessed "learner" status. To make it clearer for you, by putting in a question mark "?" (as opposed to a exclamation mark "!"), some might say I am inviting suggestions from other more learned people to assist with my understanding & knowledge.

I notice you have used a question mark ("?") after stating I am "ready to make pronouncements". After reading (& understanding) what I wrote, "pronouncements" was a ridiculous choice of word! Again, it just demonstrates how you seem to seize every opportunity to try and slap someone down who is not sitting on the same high chair as yourself.

Okay - with that bit out the way, I have actually read the latest announcements from the Company and SSH notices and shareholder lists etc and I still don't change what I had to say. I guess it is all in the interpretation of what information is available and thank goodness everyone has their own opinion. Otherwise there would be no liquidity in the market.

Balance, I presume by your persistent rantings against this Company you don't hold any of their shares. Why would you? If that is the case, I can't see why you waste your time on this thread. I am sure the people on here have got your prophecy's by now.

For the record, I have de-risked in SNK quite some time ago - haven't lost anything in the process and I never invest anything that I can't afford to lose. I still hold SNK and am positioned for any move upwards that may occur (or not!).

Happy days...

nextbigthing
15-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Considering the amount of shares they hold ... they could be just diluting their egg basket? Other opportunities beckon as well as this?

Who knows ...

If I was a holder, that's exactly what I would want to know/be trying to find out.

Balance
15-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Balance, I presume by your persistent rantings against this Company you don't hold any of their shares. Why would you? If that is the case, I can't see why you waste your time on this thread. I am sure the people on here have got your prophecy's by now.

For the record, I have de-risked in SNK quite some time ago - haven't lost anything in the process and I never invest anything that I can't afford to lose. I still hold SNK and am positioned for any move upwards that may occur (or not!).

Happy days...

Dentie, I could not care a rat's ass whether Snaggers buy, sell or hold this stock.

But as a participant in this market, I refuse to be a fool and be subject to half truths, PR spin and blatant BS.

So I reserve the right to comment as I choose and will comment after I have analysed any stock.

Are you suggesting that this thread is only for the benefit of Snaggers?

Well, no apologies - my postings are for those who are new, inquisitive, wanting to learn, are open-minded and share my view of how directors and executives of companies must behave - with integrity and with the interests of shareholders in mind.

'If you suffer like a fool, you are a fool' as the saying goes.

Thanks to those who have PM me with your messages - It is heartening that my time has been gainfully spent.

Dentie
16-02-2014, 09:12 AM
If I was a holder, that's exactly what I would want to know/be trying to find out.

Well, didn't have to look far to see why Sorenson (Sorehead??) wanted his dosh out ...have a look at page D6 in today's Sunday Star Times....even a lovely photo looking determined!

Dentie
16-02-2014, 09:42 AM
But as a participant in this market, I refuse to be a fool and be subject to half truths, PR spin and blatant BS.

So I reserve the right to comment as I choose and will comment after I have analysed any stock.

Are you suggesting that this thread is only for the benefit of Snaggers?

Well, no apologies - my postings are for those who are new, inquisitive, wanting to learn, are open-minded and share my view of how directors and executives of companies must behave - with integrity and with the interests of shareholders in mind.

'If you suffer like a fool, you are a fool' as the saying goes.

No problem with your comments Balance at all - it is just the reverberating persistence of them that gets tiring.

As I have said, I am simply trying to learn about the finer points of share investing from people like yourself (& other gurus). Your points have been passionately & repeatedly noted - BUT only by those on this thread unfortunately ...which is why I suggested you make them in the national media so ALL SNK holders can hear your opinion. Your influence only appears to reach about 50 people (tops) on this thread.

I absolutely suggest this thread is for the benefit of "snaggers" - otherwise why would we bother? Why would someone who has no interest in SNK be dwelling here?

I'm not requesting any apology Balance and I'm not suffering either thanks. However, I am certainly open minded, wanting to learn, very inquisitive and I absolutely want integrity from the office holders of (particularly) our public companies.

Going "off thread" for a minute... I have been known to make a few comments on the XRO thread - which immediately attract vitriolic replies as well - but not from you Balance. In fact, you don't appear to participate on the XRO thread. So I'll ask you here ... I can't understand why XRO has a $40 SP (give or take $5) and a valuation of $5.1 billion. Last year it doubled its sales revenue of $39m, doubled its customers, and doubled its loss to $14m. Just above it, I see Westpac with a $36 SP and its NPAT is in the billions. This doesn't compute for me. People have told me it's because the people holding the small amount of shares available to trade are factoring in the company cracking the american market. Does that mean when they do start making a profit the SP will be $80? I am tormented by this perceived inequity Balance. Can you please help me understand?

Balance
16-02-2014, 10:43 AM
I absolutely suggest this thread is for the benefit of "snaggers" - otherwise why would we bother? Why would someone who has no interest in SNK be dwelling here?

Absolutely wrong - this thread is also for the benefit of those who are interested in the markets and want to know more about stocks, including Snakk and whether any stock so discussed is a worthwhile investment.

This thread is also an abject study of investor and human psychology.

Very revealing!

Balance
16-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Going "off thread" for a minute... I have been known to make a few comments on the XRO thread - which immediately attract vitriolic replies as well - but not from you Balance. In fact, you don't appear to participate on the XRO thread. So I'll ask you here ... I can't understand why XRO has a $40 SP (give or take $5) and a valuation of $5.1 billion. Last year it doubled its sales revenue of $39m, doubled its customers, and doubled its loss to $14m. Just above it, I see Westpac with a $36 SP and its NPAT is in the billions. This doesn't compute for me. People have told me it's because the people holding the small amount of shares available to trade are factoring in the company cracking the american market. Does that mean when they do start making a profit the SP will be $80? I am tormented by this perceived inequity Balance. Can you please help me understand?

Dentie, go through this thread and the many attempts by Snaggers to ramp Snakk as the next Xero - the answers are there from posters who have patiently replied as to why not.

"I can see this IPO being the next XRO or DIL. The market is crying out for growth and tech stocks, and this will satisfy both hungers."

"they seem much more well set-up than DIL was when it was starting out."

"lol, probably kicking himself now, but it was only a small parcel. Looks like it's going to settle around 25-30 today."

Again, it's the nature of Snaggers that they only want to read what reinforces their belief - not what is reality.

Typical of that behavior was the posting that cash burn is not an issue with Snakk as it is building up its IT footprint and real estate for recurring future income like Xero. When it was pointed out that Snakk is not building up any kind of a footprint as it does not 'own' any client and is but a commodity contractor to the big advertising agencies who actually 'own' the clients, the poster proceeded to ignore the point and started writing about the charitable persona of Derek Handley!

Balance
16-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm not requesting any apology Balance and I'm not suffering either thanks. However, I am certainly open minded, wanting to learn, very inquisitive and I absolutely want integrity from the office holders of (particularly) our public companies.

Integrity means no half-truths and blatant BS.

Look through the announcements of Snakk and what do these announcements tell you :

1. " When a handful of shareholders consistently sell down their stock on the open market in a small listed company like ours, this can disproportionately affect the share price, so myself and the Board see this milestone as a positive outcome for the business and for the Snakk share price.

As a result we have acquired a far greater spread of new investors, with the vast majority of our shareholders understand the long-term view of investing in a company that is operating in a high-growth market."

Almost to the hour, more volume selling appeared.

Ok, let's be charitable (sarcasm intended) and say the company did not know any better.

Let's move to point 2.

2. "You may have noticed that our Chair and Co-Founder Derek Handley completed the first tranche of a gift of 2 million shares toward the development of his personal charitable foundation in an off-market transaction as per his previous guidance at the Snakk AGM in August 2013. Derek has indicated he will transfer approximately 10% of his Snakk holdings to his foundation, a range of other charities and private placements to investors during 2014 with more news to come on what the activities and social impact goals will be.

Derek remains a significant investor and is committed to the success of the company, providing significant strategic governance as well as hands-on input in his role as Chair, an investor and Co-Founder."

***** No mention whatsoever that the Chairman was busy selling shares even as the charitable act was trumpeted! *****

And he has continued selling.

***** Selling now joined by his co-founder executive! *******

So much for the vast majority of shareholders understanding the long term nature of being investors in Snakk.

If you have a different interpretation of the above, please do share.

winner69
16-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Moosie - I see your mate (or nemesis) John Sorenson features in the Sunday Star Times today

Even a photo

Dentie
16-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Integrity means no half-truths and blatant BS.

Look through the announcements of Snakk and what do these announcements tell you :

1. " When a handful of shareholders consistently sell down their stock on the open market in a small listed company like ours, this can disproportionately affect the share price, so myself and the Board see this milestone as a positive outcome for the business and for the Snakk share price.

As a result we have acquired a far greater spread of new investors, with the vast majority of our shareholders understand the long-term view of investing in a company that is operating in a high-growth market."

Ok, let's be charitable (sarcasm intended) and say the company did not know any better.

Let's move to point 2.

2. "You may have noticed that our Chair and Co-Founder Derek Handley completed the first tranche of a gift of 2 million shares toward the development of his personal charitable foundation in an off-market transaction as per his previous guidance at the Snakk AGM in August 2013. Derek has indicated he will transfer approximately 10% of his Snakk holdings to his foundation, a range of other charities and private placements to investors during 2014 with more news to come on what the activities and social impact goals will be.

Derek remains a significant investor and is committed to the success of the company, providing significant strategic governance as well as hands-on input in his role as Chair, an investor and Co-Founder."

***** No mention whatsoever that the Chairman was busy selling shares even as the charitable act was trumpeted! *****

So much for the vast majority of shareholders understanding the long term nature of being investors in Snakk.

If you have a different interpretation of the above, please do share.

Your interpretations (& others) will always trump mine Balance. You are obviously a very experienced investor/trader and I am a mere learner.

The behaviour's you have noted above are deadly serious and very disappointing from a shareholder point of view.

Can I humbly suggest that instead of filling up the thread with repetitive stuff, why not provide the leadership (along with the other like minded holders) to the rest of the "learner" shareholders like me and utilise the powers that a shareholder (or past shareholder) seems to have under Part's 7 to 9 of the Companies Act? That way, all this stuff will come to an end.

Xerof
16-02-2014, 12:08 PM
The last person with alleged charisma and a cult following I can recall transferring assets to charitable trusts was one A J Hubbard

Dentie
16-02-2014, 12:20 PM
The last person with alleged charisma and a cult following I can recall transferring assets to charitable trusts was one A J Hubbard

Does anyone know whether these charitable trusts/foundations have discoverable Deed's or Constitutions that can be inspected?

Harvey Specter
16-02-2014, 12:26 PM
Moosie - I see your mate (or nemesis) John Sorenson features in the Sunday Star Times today
Can't find it online - what's it about.

nextbigthing
16-02-2014, 12:44 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9726284/A-rock-crusher-and-a-hard-place

Dentie
16-02-2014, 05:44 PM
People have gone out of their way to answer the question you have just posed to Balance and more. Based on your post above, it seems you have either ignored those posters or you have dismissed many of the points that have been made altogether.

You are correct here Turmeric - plenty of people have given their opinion, which I do respect believe it or not. I was simply asking Balance's his because, he is very experienced at this game and I am sure he would be on the XRO train as well - given its current status. He would know when he is onto a future winner. For me though, the business numbers and ratio's haven't changed and I am sincerely trying to learn the different ways that push the SP upwards because at the moment it doesn't make sense to me. For example, listening to Rod Oram the other day, he doesn't sound that convinced either - and he is also very experienced - I suspect.

Please don't get disappointed because some are not as quick on the uptake as you are mate.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I do get your point. I will just sit on the sidelines from here and try and will now become the silent student for a while.

Good luck to you all that might be holding SNK.

janner
16-02-2014, 06:30 PM
Please don't get disappointed because some are not as quick on the uptake as you are mate.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I do get your point. I will just sit on the sidelines from here and try and will now become the silent student for a while.

Good luck to you all that might be holding SNK.

As John Banks would say.. " Breath through your nose for a while " ;-))

No offence !!.. :-))

All contributions welcome ..

nextbigthing
16-02-2014, 10:17 PM
I find it ironic that in the picture in the original version of the Sunday Star Times story, Moosies cousins head is mounted on the wall:eek2:

Hopefully this link works

http://fairfaxmedia.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/iphone/homepage.aspx#_title1543201402160000000000100138/watitle1543201402160000000000100138/1543/15432014021600000000001001/38/true

couta1
17-02-2014, 07:34 AM
So I think were all clear there's been a few shares sold:p if not pm balance for confirmation,but im still puzzled as to why if Mark Ryan and Co at the coal face are growing the business in a growth industry then why does the business not have potential to continue growing?

nextbigthing
17-02-2014, 08:22 AM
So I think were all clear there's been a few shares sold:p if not pm balance for confirmation,but im still puzzled as to why if Mark Ryan and Co at the coal face are growing the business in a growth industry then why does the business not have potential to continue growing?

Wouldn't it just be easier to stay out of this one and find another growth company without the question marks hanging over it? Such as PEB, ATM etc. Why accept the unnecessary risk? With that uncertainty doesn't this become gambling rather than investing?

Balance
17-02-2014, 08:57 AM

A few shares sold? Not quite the understatement of the month so far but close.

Growth for growth's sake without a profit or exit strategy is the the ideology of a cancer cell.

couta1
17-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier to stay out of this one and find another growth company without the question marks hanging over it? Such as PEB, ATM etc. Why accept the unnecessary risk? With that uncertainty doesn't this become gambling rather than investing?
All good NBT,share market equals risk but a lot less than driving a car or skiing,cheers

Balance
17-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Your interpretations (& others) will always trump mine Balance. You are obviously a very experienced investor/trader and I am a mere learner.

The behaviour's you have noted above are deadly serious and very disappointing from a shareholder point of view.

Can I humbly suggest that instead of filling up the thread with repetitive stuff, why not provide the leadership (along with the other like minded holders) to the rest of the "learner" shareholders like me and utilise the powers that a shareholder (or past shareholder) seems to have under Part's 7 to 9 of the Companies Act? That way, all this stuff will come to an end.

Not necessarily, Dentie. You could well have a point of view which is enlightening so please do share.

Meanwhile, it is sufficient that there is a discussion and postings here to highlight what are the key issues investors need to be aware of when contemplating investing in any share.

We are not our brothers' keepers.

This forum is a community at the end of the day, and as such, will have its mix and share of characters and personalities.

geo
17-02-2014, 11:31 AM

Hi Dentie first time poster on this thread just looking not a holder, I am always looking for new investments. When I find something of interest first thing I do is.

Apply the ANALYSIS COMPANIES 10 MINUTE TEST.

1. Has the company ever made an operating profit.

2. Does the company generate consistent cash flow from operations.

3. Are returns on equity consistently above 10 percent with reasonable leverage.

4. Is earnings growth consistent or erratic.

5. How clean is the balance sheet.

6. Does the business generate free cash flow.

7. How much other is there.

8. Has the number of shares outstanding increased markedly over the past several years.

9. Beyond the 10 minutes.

Cash flow is the true measure of a companies financial performance, not reported earnings per share.

After I do that I start digging deeper.

G/Luck

blackcap
17-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Hi Dentie first time poster on this thread just looking not a holder, I am always looking for new investments. When I find something of interest first thing I do is.

Apply the ANALYSIS COMPANIES 10 MINUTE TEST.

G/Luck

Without being facetious, I think the above it too much work for some. Its interesting how we spend a lot of time trying to save on the little things (supermarket deals, petrol vouchers etc) but when it comes to the bigger investments we throw the homework out the window.

Bobcat.
17-02-2014, 01:58 PM
. Its interesting how we spend a lot of time trying to save on the little things (supermarket deals, petrol vouchers etc) but when it comes to the bigger investments we throw the homework out the window.

Darn right - all too common.

'penny wise, pound foolish".

We should put time into that which matters - fundamental analysis and technical analysis (i.e. charting). The former to ascertain fair value (current and forecast), and the latter to determine optimum timing.

Balance
17-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Without being facetious, I think the above it too much work for some. Its interesting how we spend a lot of time trying to save on the little things (supermarket deals, petrol vouchers etc) but when it comes to the bigger investments we throw the homework out the window.

That's exactly why the finance companies debacle happened.

That's also why the 'pump and dump' merchants have great success whenever there's a boom on.

Balance
17-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Seen it in the Stuff app under business section under the title "Between a rock crusher and a hard place". Details the sad saga of Edel Metals and Ken Wikeley. Seems Sorehead has taken it upon himself to become a Director of said company as Wikeley is indisposed somwhere in the world (ring bells of "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego" much?). Sorehead is going after Jacomb for money that seems to have been unilaterally forced through company offerings and is extremely suspect at best. I hope Sorehead wastes every last penny he has. :)

I have no issues whatsoever with what Sorehead does - he is an investment banker and he is very good at backdoor listings.

The issue is more with the Derek Handleys of the world - imo he pretends to be what he is not.

Swiftideas
17-02-2014, 02:57 PM
The issue is more with the Derek Handleys of the world - imo he pretends to be what he is not.

OK. Now your tirades make more sense.
I've been wondering why ~30/40% of postings are from Balance despite no holding.
But now I can see it's a personal vendetta with Derek.
What happened Balance? Did you lose at poker?

Balance
17-02-2014, 03:10 PM
OK. Now your tirades make more sense.
I've been wondering why ~30/40% of postings are from Balance despite no holding.
But now I can see it's a personal vendetta with Derek.
What happened Balance? Did you lose at poker?

Haha - I post because there are so many pathetic postings from characters like you, and they need to be challenged.

Show us one posting where you actually know what's going on with Snakk.

Suffer fools, and you become the fool.

17-02-2014, 03:30 PM
Just asking a regardless question, how Edel Metals shares transferred to Sorehead? for what price if known? They sold it to him? Or Sorehead is an associates of Ken Wikeley, which is under table.

Balance
17-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Just asking a regardless question, how Edel Metals shares transferred to Sorehead? for what price if known? They sold it to him? Or Sorehead is an associates of Ken Wikeley, which is under table.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=10753959

Copper
17-02-2014, 04:20 PM
I can see a good chance of "Notice Pending " on this thread.I would think that Vince may be weighing up his options....It's getting a bit off the track again....IMHO.

couta1
17-02-2014, 04:26 PM
I can see a good chance of "Notice Pending " on this thread.I would think that Vince may be weighing up his options....It's getting a bit off the track again....IMHO.
Off track by people who aren't even on the same rail system:cool:

Balance
17-02-2014, 04:57 PM
A few shares sold? Not quite the understatement of the month so far but close.

Growth for growth's sake without a profit or exit strategy is the the ideology of a cancer cell.

MBE has announced its results on ASX :

Rev +65% to $9.5m
NPAT +909% to $1.6m

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2014021...vjx971stsr.pdf

Revenue growth slowing down and profit margin down.

Share price down.

Implications for Snakk?

axe
17-02-2014, 06:30 PM

Rev +65% to $9.5m
NPAT +909% to $1.6m

Share price down.

Implications for Snakk?

Very different from Snakk, they are making a profit.

Balance
17-02-2014, 06:55 PM
Very different from Snakk, they are making a profit.

Which means Snakk has zero chance in hell of ever turning a profit?

Balance
17-02-2014, 07:32 PM
me thinks balance you could save yourself any further effort as the SNK shareprice performance is currently speaking for you.

Doing my best to get some forecasts and numbers out of Snaggers or Snakk.

winner69
17-02-2014, 07:46 PM
me thinks balance you could save yourself any further effort as the SNK shareprice performance is currently speaking for you.

Only on 20 grands worth today

But 9.5 has stuffed te chart up

Might be goof the leader board tomorrow !!!!

ari
18-02-2014, 08:17 AM
http://www.hapticgeneration.com.au/mobile-viewability-not-the-issue/

Bobcat.
18-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Every time someone sells down to 9.5c another buyer comes on market. Support at that level is not yet broken, and we may see it pivot from here on.
Wishful thinking?

Discl: now holding.

SimonHouse
18-02-2014, 10:27 AM
http://www.hapticgeneration.com.au/mobile-viewability-not-the-issue/

Why is it that Snakk are parading Hapticgeneration as a news site? They own the URL for Haptic Generation? What gives?

http://www.whois.com/whois/hapticgeneration.com.au

Banksie
18-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Why is it that Snakk are parading Hapticgeneration as a news site? They own the URL for Haptic Generation? What gives?

http://www.whois.com/whois/hapticgeneration.com.au

From the front page of the site.

Haptic Generation is brought to you by Snakk Media. At Snakk we believe in leading industry change and delivering on social promise. Haptic Generation is our way of supporting that change and taking you on the journey with us.

ari
18-02-2014, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE= Haptic Generation is our way of supporting that change and taking you on the journey with us.[/QUOTE]

......says it all really....

Balance
18-02-2014, 05:06 PM
From the front page of the site.

Haptic Generation is brought to you by Snakk Media. At Snakk we believe in leading industry change and delivering on social promise. Haptic Generation is our way of supporting that change and taking you on the journey with us.

I guess they were hoping Snaggers would take note of this very 'positive' development and buy another 5m shares off the directors and executives and Handleys? :D

Copper
18-02-2014, 07:36 PM

Rev +65% to $9.5m
NPAT +909% to $1.6m

Share price down.

Implications for Snakk?

Balance on your assumptions that we know are usually accurate is the latest MBE announcement favouring SNK.???

Balance
18-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Balance on your assumptions that we know are usually accurate is the latest MBE announcement favouring SNK.???

Thanks for your compliments, Copper. I am so touched.

You obviously missed the posting where 'Snakk has a snow ball's chance in hell of ever making a profit'?

Copper
18-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Thanks for your compliments, Copper. I am so touched.

You obviously missed the posting where 'Snakk has a snow ball's chance in hell of ever making a profit'?
I saw that so I really asked the question ,that you may have conceded that the direction of MBE in today's announcement was in a way related to the workings of SNK.I suppose I could then add that MBE may not be on the right path.We both have to see the lighter side of this argument.

Balance
19-02-2014, 09:28 AM
Funny how all the hundreds of thousands of shares bid at under 10c at intervals of 0.5c all the way down to 7c have all DISAPPEARED?

Classic layering trick to give punters a false sense of security while insiders unload their shares?

JohnnyTheHorse
19-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Funny how all the hundreds of thousands of shares bid at under 10c at intervals of 0.5c all the way down to 7c have all DISAPPEARED?

Classic layering trick to give punters a false sense of security while insiders unload their shares?

That's not to mention the window dressing this morning.

Whipmoney
19-02-2014, 10:28 AM

Balance are you still wasting your time in here flogging dead horses and snakky birds?

Whipmoney
19-02-2014, 10:34 AM

Personally I would spend at least 30-100 hours on researching just a single given stock... That's just me though and I only look at (and follow closely) a handful at a time.

I have no idea how Buffet had the cognitive spread to look at tens of thousands of stocks. I'm either a lot more inefficient or just far more selective, maybe more akin to Charlie Munger.

hilskin
19-02-2014, 10:35 AM
Balance are you still wasting your time in here flogging dead horses and snakky birds?

Thats what he does, he gets turned on by it so he'll keep going while it winds people up. :p

Copper
19-02-2014, 11:35 AM

Like your assumption this time.Buyers retreat but price goes up.I hope JTH's window dressing becomes the fashion and we may see more stock disappear.

Balance
19-02-2014, 12:53 PM
No one coming to the party anymore, well overdone tactic. Must be another announcement time soon...

Hey Balance, what are the boys on The Street saying about Snakk?

You should perhaps ask Copper? He was busy looking for instos type like Brian Gaynor and Milford at Snakk's briefings?

Have a look at the latest share register, add up how much institutions own of Snakk post the massive sell down by the major holders, and it tells you all you want to know about how The Street thinks of playing around with Snakes.

Analogy here : http://www.torontosun.com/2014/02/16/snake-salvation-star-dies-after-snake-bites-him

silu
19-02-2014, 03:17 PM
FWIW I'm out of SNK. Needed some money for the AJX.ASX SPP. Good luck to all the holders.

Bobcat.
20-02-2014, 05:40 PM
I got out this morning as well. Made a very small profit - too much risk of the sp diving below 9.5c for my liking. It may find support again just north of 7c. On my watch list.

couta1
24-02-2014, 02:33 PM
I got out this morning as well. Made a very small profit - too much risk of the sp diving below 9.5c for my liking. It may find support again just north of 7c. On my watch list.
Snakk finding support above 10c again

Balance
24-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Snakk finding support above 10c again

A pause while the ducks are being carrolled to be fed.

Plenty of feed being readied by Derek Handley, the Baker Boys and other executives/directors.

Copper
24-02-2014, 05:18 PM

Plenty of feed being readied by Derek Handley, the Baker Boys and other executives/directors.

I hope that's corralled and not being sung to.

Balance
25-02-2014, 09:44 AM
Mark 3rd March on your calendar - Q3 revenues to be announced.

I have a few Snakes to take profits from on that date so please do not disappoint me, ok?

:D

Longhaul
25-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Anyone taking a punt on Q3 revenue? My guess is $2.7m.

couta1
25-02-2014, 10:41 AM
So you do buy Snakk shares.

Interesting...
Perhaps balance has his own agenda here with his heavy involvement on this thread?

Balance
25-02-2014, 10:50 AM
So you do buy Snakk shares.

Interesting...

Notice the 'Mark' 3rd March?

Guess who is getting ready to take profits after the quaking ducks have been corralled ?

Bobcat.
25-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Perhaps balance has his own agenda here with his heavy involvement on this thread?

I too wonder whether I have been unduly influenced. Having purchased at 9.6c, I sold out soon after reading this thread at 9.8c - which was hardly worth the effort. I don't want to be too quick to judge (that's a slippery slope) and so would rather give Balance the benefit of the doubt (and at least the right of reply) but we all of us ought to be careful not to undermine the integrity of ST by posting with ulterior motive.

The words of Shakespeare are apt:

"Do not dispraise the thing that you intend to buy;
And hold also this virtue well;
Do not commend what you intend to sell."

robbo24
25-02-2014, 11:21 AM

I think Balance was taking the piss.

Shows what I know.

Longhaul
25-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Looks like the website has been updated?

Thanks Ogg :)

see weed
25-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Quack Quack Quack! :)

axe
25-02-2014, 06:57 PM
The case studies are back on the website . Pepsi, McDonalds and Optus.

axe
25-02-2014, 06:58 PM

Is the feed being prepared ready for 3rd March???

Balance
25-02-2014, 07:27 PM

Those who accuse others have having hidden agendas, usually are the ones with hidden agendas - that's how their minds work.

Not hard to see the hidden agendas here though by some of the Snaggers - buying into a stock they have no understanding of whatsoever but ramping it to suck others in so they can get out.

Unfortunately, the Snakes are laughing their heads off as they take advantage of the ramps.

couta1
25-02-2014, 07:46 PM
Those who accuse others have having hidden agendas, usually are the ones with hidden agendas - that's how their minds work.

Not hard to see the hidden agendas here though by some of the Snaggers - buying into a stock they have no understanding of whatsoever but ramping it to suck others in so they can get out.

Unfortunately, the Snakes are laughing their heads off as they take advantage of the ramps.
Not an accusation but a question in response to your indication that you held snakk shares which may have been a joke,I don't really know? Ive held my shares for a year now and wanted to give things a fair chance to see how the company would go being in a growth sector,could have got out a while back at 15c for a profit if I'd wanted too so no hidden agendas here

Balance
25-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Not an accusation but a question in response to your indication that you held snakk shares which may have been a joke,I don't really know? Ive held my shares for a year now and wanted to give things a fair chance to see how the company would go being in a growth sector,could have got out a while back at 15c for a profit if I'd wanted too so no hidden agendas here

Read my post again and you will know I have no shares and have no intention whatsoever of owning shares in Snakk.

couta1
25-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Read my post again and you will know I have no shares and have no intention whatsoever of owning shares in Snakk.
Thanks for clearing that up,we will see how the price tracks over the next while

hilskin
26-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Obviously a lot of snakk investors don't read this forum as the price seems to be heading up slowly in anticipation to the 3rd of March 3Q revenue announcement. :)
It's a shame because they are really missing out on the truth to this corrupt company. According to some, they must be really stupid for investing in this company (guilty :) ) Maybe someone should take a full page advert out in the Herald to help warn them all, better still I know a great company that uses the latest technological stuff to reach out to people on their phones and tablets. No idea how they do it but it sounds awesome ah.

Copper
26-02-2014, 04:58 PM
Two ducks landed in my swimming pool this morning.Balance must be spreading the word.....

robbo24
26-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Worth checking out what happened to the SP pre and post the last quarterly update.

Do a YouTube search of "quack like a duck"

J R Ewing
26-02-2014, 05:10 PM
Obviously a lot of snakk investors don't read this forum as the price seems to be heading up slowly in anticipation to the 3rd of March 3Q revenue announcement. :)
It's a shame because they are really missing out on the truth to this corrupt company. According to some, they must be really stupid for investing in this company (guilty :) ) Maybe someone should take a full page advert out in the Herald to help warn them all, better still I know a great company that uses the latest technological stuff to reach out to people on their phones and tablets. No idea how they do it but it sounds awesome ah.

I see nothing wrong with traders or technical analysts figuring the upcoming quarterly represents a buying opportunity. The comments I have made are more along the lines of warning potential investors who have a buy and hold approach - not traders and even less technical analysts, who almost by definition would have no interest in the company itself - just the graph of the share price.

see weed
26-02-2014, 05:18 PM

Quack Quack. Lucky i'm not an invester, but just a share trader. 16% looks good to me for 3 days.:)

Copper
26-02-2014, 06:41 PM
Why is there so much hate for this company?

For those of you who don't understand what this company does, let me explain it to you like a 3 year old would understand.

Snakk Media is just like a real estate company.

Question: Why would you pay a real estate agent a fee for selling your house when you can list your house on trademe by yourself?

Answer: Because your house is a very expensive asset and you value the professional advice from your real estate agent. The real estate agent knows the market better than you. You also think your real estate could get you the best price possible for your house. The real estate uses the latest marketing techniques. The real estate agent takes care of everything for you so you can focus on other important things in your life, like your family.

Question: Why would you pay Snakk Media a fee when you can use Google Adwords by yourself?

Answer: Because your business is a very expensive asset and you value the professional marketing advice from Snakk Media. Snakk Media knows the market better than you. You also think Snakk Media could get you the best performance/value from your advertising budget. Snakk Media uses the latest technological marketing techniques. Snakk Media takes care of everything for you so you can focus on other important things in your business, like customer service.

Conclusion:
Average Joe uses Google Adwords for his small business.
Larger companies use alternative advertising platforms to maximum return on investment, ie Snakk Media.

That's not to say large companies don't use Google adwords, but real estate agents also use trademe...

Thank you Ogg.An approach that is something that Balance won't even give time to as his tunnel vision can only see the 3rd March and ducks lined up in a row all under the pretext of telling new investors about the unknown world of investing in a Company like Snakk.Quite a breath of fresh air .tks...
ps..just wait for the reaction which will inevitably be off at a tangent to what was actually said....

robbo24
26-02-2014, 08:28 PM

For those of you who don't understand what this company does, let me explain it to you like a 3 year old would understand.

Question: Why would you pay a real estate agent a fee for selling your house when you can list your house on trademe by yourself?

Answer: Because your house is a very expensive asset and you value the professional advice from your real estate agent. The real estate agent knows the market better than you. You also think your real estate could get you the best price possible for your house. The real estate uses the latest marketing techniques. The real estate agent takes care of everything for you so you can focus on other important things in your life, like your family.

Question: Why would you pay Snakk Media a fee when you can use Google Adwords by yourself?

Answer: Because your business is a very expensive asset and you value the professional marketing advice from Snakk Media. Snakk Media knows the market better than you. You also think Snakk Media could get you the best performance/value from your advertising budget. Snakk Media uses the latest technological marketing techniques. Snakk Media takes care of everything for you so you can focus on other important things in your business, like customer service.

Conclusion:
Larger companies use alternative advertising platforms to maximum return on investment, ie Snakk Media.

That's not to say large companies don't use Google adwords, but real estate agents also use trademe...

I beg to differ with your analysis by analogy, my friend.

In my opinion, your comments revolve around the idea that mobile, social media and online advertising is like a real estate business.

With this minor adjustment, the analogy fits perfectly.

However, this is an investment where imbalance of information appears to be rife. Non-stop flouting of announcements with no real substantive content about the business are evident.

Snakk Media is a backdoor listed, [relatively] closely held company with numerous examples of things a prudent investor may wish to avoid.

For these reasons, I'm out.

janner
26-02-2014, 10:08 PM
Snakk Media is a backdoor listed, [relatively] closely held company with numerous examples of things a prudent investor may wish to avoid.

For these reasons, I'm out.

So you are not a " prudent investor " robbo..

Agree with your comments though !..

robbo24
26-02-2014, 11:58 PM
So you are not a " prudent investor " robbo..

Agree with your comments though !..

Disc: Not holding Snakk.

J R Ewing
27-02-2014, 08:46 AM
My range has been $3M-$3.2M since December for Q3.

What I would like to know is what was Snakks punt on Q3 revenue? What is in the business plan? And Q4? And next year?

Balance
27-02-2014, 08:49 AM
What I would like to know is what was Snakks punt on Q3 revenue? What is in the business plan? And Q4?

Will be no numbers from the company.

That is the whole idea behind back door listing - no numbers, no forecasts - a lot of hype to suck the punters in, and sell to them.

J R Ewing
27-02-2014, 10:16 AM
Mr Ryan did not dispute my numbers when I put them forward nor say they were correct. tis my best estimate. (DYOR)

I quite accept that your pick could be a well educated estimate. I just think that it is poor that the company hasn't given a forecast to say where they are going for the next couple of years and set some milestones along the way so that their shareholders can judge how they are going relative to that plan. Instead you get growth figures on the sector in general and some projections for what Facebook and Twitter think they will achieve. Maybe we will see some concrete forecasts on Monday.

couta1
27-02-2014, 10:23 AM
that will all depend on the hype that is required to help off load shares to the ducks(suckers)
This duck may be getting ready to spit some snakks out next week,could bring some for bar snakks tonight Snapiti:cool:

Copper
27-02-2014, 11:01 AM
I quite accept that your pick could be a well educated estimate. I just think that it is poor that the company hasn't given a forecast to say where they are going for the next couple of years and set some milestones along the way so that their shareholders can judge how they are going relative to that plan. Instead you get growth figures on the sector in general and some projections for what Facebook and Twitter think they will achieve. Maybe we will see some concrete forecasts on Monday.
Purely as a reply to your post.I had contact with Mark Ryan some time back and he was quite happy to state where they were aiming to be in the next two years depending of course how revenues and other variables panned out.I can see there is a conflict here where he would not predict or guess what might happen when it would be e & oe while we would prefer definite fact and figures.If we are in a new industry where hope and guesswork are the norm then we won't be satisfied for a year or two.MBE and MKB and MNW were all in the same boat at the beginning.This won't satisfy the back door mob but it's the card you are dealt in the early years.IMHO.

J R Ewing
27-02-2014, 11:05 AM
that will all depend on the hype that is required to help off load shares to the ducks(suckers)

That would be a grim scenario indeed. An alternative hypothesis is that those (some) major shareholders are running their own agenda, and Mark Ryan is concentrating on running a growing company. If that's the case, IMO some forecasts would be great - and if investors subsequently saw those being met and exceeded it ought to provide some confidence.

The Real Bud Fox
27-02-2014, 11:06 AM
It sounds as though whatever SNK reports next week, it's going to be savaged in here!?

J R Ewing
27-02-2014, 11:12 AM
Purely as a reply to your post.I had contact with Mark Ryan some time back and he was quite happy to state where they were aiming to be in the next two years depending of course how revenues and other variables panned out.I can see there is a conflict here where he would not predict or guess what might happen when it would be e & oe while we would prefer definite fact and figures.If we are in a new industry where hope and guesswork are the norm then we won't be satisfied for a year or two.MBE and MKB and MNW were all in the same boat at the beginning.This won't satisfy the back door mob but it's the card you are dealt in the early years.IMHO.

I can empathize with that. Forecasting is pretty damn hard and in a private company where all shareholders are involved in the business you might well say "Why bother? Let's just make best efforts and see where we get." But if others are funding your business, whether that is external shareholders or a bank - they would normally expect you to come up with a forecast.

J R Ewing
27-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Google never gave any forward guidance to earnings so why would you expect Snakk Media to do so?

It took Google 6 years to go public and Snakk Media did it in 3. Would you enter through the back door now or the front door 3 year later?

I couldn't say weather I'm a prudent investor or not. All I know is that I'm a patient one.

I'm looking forward to feeding all the ducks on the ASX.

Oooh, google. That's even better than being the next xero. I'll get my buy order in right away!

Balance
27-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Quack Quack. Lucky i'm not an invester, but just a share trader. 16% looks good to me for 3 days.:)

Stock gets 'massaged' up on light volumes (Hundreds of thousands) ahead of very 'positive' rah rah announcement on Monday.

Then, if history is any guide, gets sold down in huge volumes (tens of millions) once all the ducks have lined up quaking to be fed.

Takes the duck a little while to figure out what they are actually being fed!

J R Ewing
27-02-2014, 02:47 PM
I wonder how Snakk would have gone pitching in the Dragon's Den. How long would it take before Theo said "You haven't given me any numbers!! I"M OUT!!!" ?

Balance
27-02-2014, 02:57 PM
I wonder how Snakk would have gone pitching in the Dragon's Den. How long would it take before Theo said "You haven't given me any numbers!! I"M OUT!!!" ?

Excellent point, JRW.

As one broker said to me, the day they front up with numbers, strategies and forecasts with which they will be measured against, will be the day the music stops.

ari
27-02-2014, 03:36 PM
More Haptic stuff....someone must be making money, somewhere......http://www.hapticgeneration.com.au/whats-the-future-of-mobile/

Copper
27-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Excellent point, JRW.

As one broker said to me, the day they front up with numbers, strategies and forecasts with which they will be measured against, will be the day the music stops.
You are starting to align yourself with brokers again. I don't believe it.....or do we put it down to profound gibberish nonsense ???

Balance
27-02-2014, 07:05 PM
You are starting to align yourself with brokers again. I don't believe it.....or do we put it down to profound gibberish nonsense ???

Copper, there are good brokers (very few) just as there are bad doctors (very few) and good lawyers (very few).

Start lightening up, will you?

Copper
27-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Copper, there are good brokers (very few) just as there are bad doctors (very few) and good lawyers (very few).

Start lightening up, will you?

Good points but you on that quote intimate that you know all about lawyers,brokers and doctors.That is just an assumption on your part.I suggest that you may think that there are other opinions in this world other than your own.I don't need to lighten up,on the contrary....IMHO.

Cobber
27-02-2014, 10:57 PM
I think those estimates are optimistic.

They announced December eclipsed $1,000,000 for the first time.

So my estimate is based on the following :

Dec : $1.200
Nov : $0.850
Oct : $0.750
Total = $2,800,000 (which is still very respectable).

My range has been $3M-$3.2M since December for Q3.

Hope Balance didn't spend all his pocket change bidding up today as the big boys cleared the way for him.

Balance, one white duck on your wall^0=nothing at all (hope you know that song...)

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Check out :
http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/research/company/snakk-media

Snakk didn't release these numbers, but they are always quoting Edisons. So I think indirectly these numbers stack up. Good to see based on this Snakk will blow past 2014E.

I also think Snakk is approx 24 months behind MBE.... so these numbers kinda fit in when you evaluate MBE over the last 4 years.

What I would like to know is what was Snakks punt on Q3 revenue? What is in the business plan? And Q4? And next year?

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:00 PM
Check out :
http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch.com/research/company/snakk-media

Snakk didn't release these numbers, but they are always quoting Edisons. So I think indirectly these numbers stack up. Good to see based on this Snakk will blow past 2014E.

I also think Snakk is approx 24 months behind MBE.... so these numbers kinda fit in when you evaluate MBE over the last 4 years.

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:12 PM
I won't go into comparisons with the Realestate industry, but as a media buyer, we are spending more and more with these guys every month.

Great product that gets our clients results (ie increasing their online sales).

I can appreciate that many people out there don't like the baggage some of these characters bring.... but the reality is that they do have a great product (you don't crack $7,000,000 a year in revenue with crap technology(my forecast for 2014E)).

I also think the best decision Derek Handley ever made was hiring Mark the CEO. He's now had 12 months with his feet under the desk so I think we will start to see him front the company a lot more with some real confidence as he transitions his extensive media knowledge from the old world into the new.

I look forward to a dual listing on the ASX as I believe this will bring another layer of professionalism to the companies reporting.

Having attended Snakk's AGM in 2013, it was clear to me that a large majority of shareholders had no idea what this company did. I doubt many of them even owned a mobile phone. I have no idea where these people came from and am guessing the companies share price is at a cross roads due to many of these individuals selling.

An ASX listing should cement some real positivity beneath this stock.

Conclusion:

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:20 PM
A broker is just another salesman. He could care less that the stock you bought on his advice made money or lost money, he gets paid the same commission.

I remember very clearly in 1997 asking a broker to buy me shares in Apple when they were almost at their lowest point. The broker tried to tell me I should be buying Microsoft. I advised him that my thoughts were that Microsoft would loose their case against the US government. They were too big. He wouldn't budge.

In the end I told him buy Apple or I will go elsewhere. I did and sold 14 years later. Microsoft lost their case against the US government in the late 90's.

NEVER listen to anyone for financial advice. And remember if you want to win big, you sometimes have to take a punt.

Snakk is not a Fletcher Building, they are a start-up. Treat them as such.

Excellent point, JRW.

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:31 PM
This playbook came straight from Apple (not ducks).

It works a charm if you can ensure your revenue's continue to increase every quarter. They haven't had a stumble yet and considering we are just at the start of the mobile revolution, I can't see how they couldn't continue to keep growth accelerating as quickly as it is.

Profit will come. From memory MBE started turning a profit approx 12 - 18 months ago? (I can't be bothered looking up there numbers again).

Comments made below really only apply to day traders. If you are prepared to buy and hold for a few years, you could make quite a few bucks.

Stock gets 'massaged' up on light volumes (Hundreds of thousands) ahead of very 'positive' rah rah announcement on Monday.

Then, if history is any guide, gets sold down in huge volumes (tens of millions) once all the ducks have lined up quaking to be fed.

Takes the duck a little while to figure out what they are actually being fed!

Balance
27-02-2014, 11:37 PM

It works a charm if you can ensure your revenue's continue to increase every quarter. They haven't had a stumble yet and considering we are just at the start of the mobile revolution, I can't see how they couldn't continue to keep growth accelerating as quickly as it is.

Profit will come. From memory MBE started turning a profit approx 12 - 18 months ago? (I can't be bothered looking up there numbers again).

Comments made below really only apply to day traders. If you are prepared to buy and hold for a few years, you could make quite a few bucks.

Ah, at last a Snakk plant on the site!

So why are the directors (especially co-founders) selling?

Especially after each 'positive' announcement from the company?

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:42 PM
I thought this was interesting :

How many of those businesses in Dragons Den that got funding actually turned into some big enormous business??

http://www.smarta.com/blog/2013/8/dragons-den-the-five-most-successful-businesses/

Bugger all!

They were punts made by experts.... the same way silicon valley throws millions if not billions at new start-ups without any revenue plan whatsoever.

Snakk will hit around $7 million in revenue for 12 months to March 31st, 2014. This revenue figure eclipses VoucherMob and GEOPS revenue combined (and then some).

SLI has stumbled... backed by Sam Morgan... who needs to pay them for technology my coders can put together in-house for a tenth of the cost.

If you missed the Xero bus, Snakk would be my next pick for securing some solid growth over the next 5 years.

My opinion as a technologist though.

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:43 PM
haha... I doubt a Snakk plant would make themselves so obvious.

Ah, at last a Snakk plant on the site!

So why are the directors (especially co-founders) selling?

Balance
27-02-2014, 11:44 PM
Ah, the Snakk plant keeps writing but

Why then are the co-founders selling?

Balance
27-02-2014, 11:45 PM
haha... I doubt a Snakk plant would make themselves so obvious.

You guys have been so obvious so far only the Snaggers have been fooled.

Cobber
27-02-2014, 11:52 PM
How the hell would I know??

As posted earlier, I use their technology, spend increasing amounts of money them and get my clients results.

I know in my industry more and more media buyers are using them.

Is this not a good thing??

Why don't you email the co-founders and ask them yourself?

Ah, the Snakk plant keeps writing but

Why then are the co-founders selling?

couta1
28-02-2014, 12:05 AM
Cobber can I ask you what you mean by SLI have stumbled? They are meeting their targets and growing with a solid plan so don't you think they have a future,sorry I know its the Snakk thread but just referencing your comment above. Disc-own snakk and Sli

hilskin
28-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Cobber, your wasting your time.
A certain person on this thread is immune to criticism and logical arguments. He/she cannot be reasoned with, regardless of how sound your logical argument is and does not feel remorse like you and me. He/she has sociopathic tendencies, and accordingly, takes delight in other people having hurt feelings. :( He/she considers themselves separate from the social order and do not abide by etiquette or the rules of common courtesy. He/she considers themselves above social responsibility, gains energy by you insulting them and gains energy when you get angry. The only way to deal with such a troll is to ignore him/her. Quack Quack Quack

Balance
28-02-2014, 12:34 AM

Strongly suggest you send that to Derek Handley and his fellow shareholders who have been selling.

If they start buying, then it's believable what you are writing.

Balance
28-02-2014, 12:51 AM
If you are prepared to buy and hold for a few years, you could make quite a few bucks.

Cobber, look through the announcements of Snakk and what do these announcements tell you :

Let's move to point 2.

And so much for your comment about "If you are prepared to buy and hold for a few years, you could make quite a few bucks.".

Copper
28-02-2014, 07:34 AM
The problem with going to bed early you miss all the fun.Looks a bit like Balance's duck feeding frenzy has arrived early......

Schrodinger
28-02-2014, 07:56 AM

How many of those businesses in Dragons Den that got funding actually turned into some big enormous business??

http://www.smarta.com/blog/2013/8/dragons-den-the-five-most-successful-businesses/

Bugger all!

They were punts made by experts.... the same way silicon valley throws millions if not billions at new start-ups without any revenue plan whatsoever.

Snakk will hit around $7 million in revenue for 12 months to March 31st, 2014. This revenue figure eclipses VoucherMob and GEOPS revenue combined (and then some).

SLI has stumbled... backed by Sam Morgan... who needs to pay them for technology my coders can put together in-house for a tenth of the cost.

If you missed the Xero bus, Snakk would be my next pick for securing some solid growth over the next 5 years.

Nice attempt to compare SNK to XRO but their business models are nothing alike. You seems to forget XRO is scaleable and SNK is not. I'm not talking about $20m revenue scaleable either as most kiwis can deal with that type of size. XRO is a globally scale business ($500m+ revenue) both in location and technology platform.

Another reason this is important is profit potential. The margins for a fully built out XRO business model will be multiples higher than SNK. I struggle to see how SNK will jump to other geographic regions. However one option is to become a market leader in mobile advertising campaign management then your Australian customers pull you into other countries. Still not convincing considering SNK is essentially a service business which is very hard to scale.

The attempt to say SNK is another XRO is misleading.

Balance
28-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Nice attempt to compare SNK to XRO but their business models are nothing alike. You seems to forget XRO is scaleable and SNK is not. I'm not talking about $20m revenue scaleable either as most kiwis can deal with that type of size. XRO is a globally scale business ($500m+ revenue) both in location and technology platform.

Another reason this is important is profit potential. The margins for a fully built out XRO business model will be multiples higher than SNK. I struggle to see how SNK will jump to other geographic regions. However one option is to become a market leader in mobile advertising campaign management then your Australian customers pull you into other countries. Still not convincing considering SNK is essentially a service business which is very hard to scale.

The attempt to say SNK is another XRO is misleading.

Cobber writes like he is a big shot player. Comparing Snk to Xro however gives the game away - one suspects he has 3 customers and is almost beside himself with his 200% growth in 6 months.

Meanwhile, Xro is one big player out of 2 in the industry. Snak is a bit player in an industry where it costs nothing to set up.

Snakes would of course like Snaggers to believe otherwise.

Cobber
28-02-2014, 08:43 AM
At no point did I ever compare Snakk's business model to Xero's. Good try though ;)

Cobber writes like he is a big shot player. Comparing Snk to Xro however gives the game away - one suspects he has 3 customers and is almost beside himself with his 200% growth in 6 months.

Meanwhile, Xro is one big player out of 2 in the industry. Snak is a bit player in an industry where it costs nothing to set up.

Snakes would of course like Snaggers to believe otherwise.

J R Ewing
28-02-2014, 08:45 AM

Bugger all!

The point I am making is that when these Dragon's take a punt on what for them is a relatively small investment, they do so on the basis of some forecasts and a business plan. If a business get's funding from a bank, they want the same. If you go to private equity, same story. If you list the business on the stock exchange through the front door, same thing (prospectus). Yet Snakk don't see the need for this either in the initial placement, or even subsequently while founding shareholders are selling out to the public. That doesn't give me any confidence and "I'M OUT".

Unless you guys really do think it is the next xero or google, perhaps I should get some just in a case? Maybe not, I'll stick to buying a lotto ticket when there is a big jackpot on offer.

Banksie
28-02-2014, 09:02 AM

Cobber - as a technologist and client of snakk are you able to give any insight into what technology they use and how they are using it to give them a competitive advantage?

couta1
28-02-2014, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=couta1;464530]Cobber can I ask you what you mean by SLI have stumbled? They are meeting their targets and growing with a solid plan so don't you think they have a future,sorry I know its the Snakk thread but just referencing your comment above. Disc-own snakk and Sli[/QUOTEly Cobber keenly waiting for your reply re your comment on SLI

Balance
28-02-2014, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=couta1;464530]Cobber can I ask you what you mean by SLI have stumbled? They are meeting their targets and growing with a solid plan so don't you think they have a future,sorry I know its the Snakk thread but just referencing your comment above. Disc-own snakk and Sli[/QUOTEly Cobber keenly waiting for your reply re your comment on SLI

Don't hold your breath, waiting for an answer.

Cobber was doing a ramp up job and let's not let facts get in the way.

Banksie
28-02-2014, 11:27 AM
MBE investor presentation out.

"Currently revenue ratio approximately 75% Payments, 25% Marketing/Advertising"

Did you post this in the SNK forum by mistake?

Banksie
28-02-2014, 11:43 AM
LOL, no.

Side note, no sellers at 12 cents. Key resistance level.

Okay, I looked at the presentation the full quote is

* Consumers paying (m-Payments) for products and services on their mobile devices.
* Advertisers paying to reach and transact (m-Marketing / Advertising) with consumers on their mobile device.
* Current revenue ratio approximately 75% m-Payments, 25% m-Marketing/Advertising

Is this saying for every $1 spent by advertisers on mobile advertising mobile users are spending $3s on product?

Balance
28-02-2014, 11:52 AM
LOL, no.

Side note, no sellers at 12 cents. Key resistance level.

Have no fear, sellers will mysteriously appear on Monday.

Massaged up on low volumes and sold down on heavy volumes.