PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New Talisman Mine - New board & Directors

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

steveb
14-06-2019, 04:24 PM
Now now you two Lion is looking at NZ$ and haewai is looking at US$,seeing as we live in NZ I declare Lion the winner

Lion
14-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Yes, thanks, but it's not an argument here. Haewai is quite correct, in $US, which gold is usually quoted in. Doesn't the exchange rate make a big difference? We all want NTL to do well, don't we?

However, I would like to give my opinion on the price of gold - surely it has some effect on the share price?? Taken to its illogical extreme (reductio ad absurdum, to use the Latin phrase) - if the price of gold was zero, then the NTL share price would be zero too, wouldn't it?

It's encouraging to see all sales in NZ today at 0.7c

Baa_Baa
14-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Gold mines SP usually work on:

1. Probable reserves - i.e. they have some idea of the quantum gold, the POG won't have any effect on SP
2. Proven reserves - i.e. they know they have a quantum of gold and just have to mine it and process it, the POG may have an effect on the SP
3. Mined gold - i.e. they're mining real gold, POG does affect the SP.
4. Sales - i.e. they're selling what they've mined, POG definitely affects the SP, up or down.

It's worth considering as well which market they sell (eventually) into, i.e. NZD, AUD or USD, which obviously affects revenue.

NTL have only probable reserves at this stage as far as I can tell. Best that they continue their testing and assays but most of all start mining gold and selling it. Then and only then will the SP re-rate.

Meantime they will continue to mine the shareholders, which they're very good at.

swissboy
18-06-2019, 11:06 AM
1 Mil order in AUS at .7 cents

whatsup
19-06-2019, 11:52 AM
SPP closing extended for a month, not a good sign imo.

Timesurfer
19-06-2019, 12:12 PM
If there is some good news between now and then it might tempt me to partake. I had decided not to previously - just because I have other stocks with a higher priority to aquire at the moment.

Paint it Black
19-06-2019, 12:58 PM
If there is some good news between now and then it might tempt me to partake. I had decided not to previously - just because I have other stocks with a higher priority to aquire at the moment.

Yes somewhat frustrating but best to extend if it allows time for the anticipated pilot plant resource consent approval to arrive. Still bewildered why a small piece of machinery needs this but it's important we do not upset Council.

haewai
19-06-2019, 02:05 PM
The reasons given for the extension are not related to anything the above posters are talking about.

Funny thing is, NTL used the same excuse in a rights issue almost exactly three years ago:

The Board of New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (NTL) has decided, due to delays in offer documents reaching Australian shareholders in some parts of the country, to extend the closing date for the acceptance of applications for the 3 for 1 pro-rata renounceable Rights Issue

That rights issue, at $0.005 raised $4.79M - or about 1/3 of the goal.

Timesurfer
19-06-2019, 02:20 PM
The reasons given for the extension are not related to anything the above posters are talking about.

I don’t believe any of the posters above (maybe one can be taken that way) were talking about the reasons for the extension. The discussion was more a reaction to the news.

I am guessing history will likely repeat in the uptake response in the event of no breaking good news. Had they achieved their target already it is unlikely a few remote Australian investors would have caused a one month delay says the cynic in me.

steveb
19-06-2019, 02:27 PM
You can put a positive spin on the delay,by simply telling yourself that they are not desperate for money or perhaps they have sold some gold.

RupertBear
19-06-2019, 08:45 PM
Just had a phone call from a very friendly lady who read a big positive speel about NTL to me and then asked if I was planning on taking up the SPP offer. Ok, yes I confess, I do own a just a few NTL shares :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Hmmm me thinks if they need to ring the Bear to drill up interest they are in very dire straits. :D

McGinty
19-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Just had a phone call from a very friendly lady who read a big positive speel about NTL to me and then asked if I was planning on taking up the SPP offer. Ok, yes I confess, I do own a just a few NTL shares :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Hmmm me thinks if they need to ring the Bear to drill up interest they are in very dire straits. :D

Plenty of goldies actually producing on the ASX there RB, some of them even have cash in the bank and pay dividends. Just saying :D

RupertBear
19-06-2019, 09:37 PM
Plenty of goldies actually producing on the ASX there RB, some of them even have cash in the bank and pay dividends. Just saying :D

Thanks McGinty, will do some research :)

McGinty
19-06-2019, 09:54 PM
Thanks McGinty, will do some research :)

Research is good, if your keen to save time....just check out the ones that are in uptrend. These are the leaders according to the market! These stocks are taking advantage of the high POG in AUD terms.

RupertBear
19-06-2019, 10:21 PM
Research is good, if your keen to save time....just check out the ones that are in uptrend. These are the leaders according to the market! These stocks are taking advantage of the high POG in AUD terms.

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

SilverBack
20-06-2019, 02:31 AM

I disagree McGinty that the leaders are the way to go. If by leaders, you mean those with the highest production, then these often become overvalued and anyway, their returns on investment are likely to be lower, although, generally speaking, they do have lower risk. Newcrest, the largest Australian gold company, languished for many years because it overpaid to buy Lihir Gold (a large mine offshore of Papua New Guinea) that needed a lot of money spent in order to keep its production going, even though it is a rich mine.
If by leaders you mean those whose whose share prices are going up most, then be careful. The gold market on the ASX is a wild west arena and fluctuates strongly, along with executives and directors who are intent on retaining their positions. Market manipulation is rife, as is leaky news with insiders (or "friends" of insiders) getting advantage.
Recently the ASX has seen a number of gold producers get into serious trouble, including administration, looking for takeover, or committing to adverse funding at the expense of existing shareholders.

Often the mid-tier producers give better returns while developers (those with reserves who are establishing mines and processing plants) have higher risk but can give higher returns. Then there are explorers who have not yet established sufficient reserves and resources to consider a mine. These are the riskiest but can give very high returns and so should have smaller amounts invested.

A gold company's prospects are linked to:
a) its reserves - the amount of gold in the ground that is considered by a professional geologist to be economic for mining according to international standards (JORC)
b) its resources - the amount of gold in the ground including reserves but also that which is not yet assessed as reserve but for which drilling results indicate that there is reasonable probability that it could be
c) the level of production per annum
d) the life of the mine(s)
e) the cost of extracting and producing the gold over the life of the mine(s) - otherwise known as ASIC = All In Sustaining Costs
f)) the price of gold, taking into account the level of hedging in place

There are various measures used to assess the value of a gold company. Some of the most significant ones are:
i) the Enterprise Value (EV) to Annual Production ratio ($/oz)
ii) the EV to Reserve ratio ($/oz)
iii) the EV to Resource ratio ($/oz)
iv) Life of Mine in years, which generally speaking is the reserves divided by annual production
v) the Price of Gold less the AISC which gives an indication of the operating profit

Companies with high production generally have higher EV ratios than those with lower production. This reflects their lower risk. However, it is important to understand what the reserves and production output and costs will be going forward.

I do not advise buying any gold company and putting the shares on the shelf. I think they need constant monitoring and readiness to sell. There is too much constant change to let them sleep, including the price of gold, mine situations and market sentiment (which is often manipulated).
As gold is mined and produced, reserves lessen along with mine life. Exploration consumes millions of dollars but is necessary to establish new resources and reserves for continuing production. Establishing a process plant for new mines costs hundreds of millions.

Having said all this, I do not recommend NTL and if anyone wants to buy gold companies then the ASX is much better. So far as NZ gold activity goes, then Oceana Gold (OCG.ASX) with producing mines at Macraes in Otago and at Waihi (as well as The Philippines and the USA) is a much better prospect than NTL (which is a pip-squeak developer). OGC is producing about 525Koz of gold over the next year. However, check out the various valuation metrics for OGC and look at them all, because when a company produces comparisons across a range of companies, it always chooses those that are in its favour and ignores those which are not. If you want a bit of safety then look at producers with 200 Koz p.a. or more but recognise that "safety" is a very relative and tenuous term for any gold company. I only mention OGC because it has NZ mines. Whether it is a better investment at present than other goldies is a matter of opinion (not necessarily my own) and you will have to make your own decision. I own OGC as part of a wide ranging gold portfolio.

I have realised an average of 38% from gold companies over the past 4 years but my current holdings are close to break-even at present (positively) which probably gives some idea as to the volatility and risks involved. I invest rather than trade and so need to look at a long term picture, which is not easy with gold companies that delve underground to extract the gold and cannot "see" the gold but have to use various geotechnical methods to estimate where it is economic to mine.

Disclosure: I have shares in OGC and previously NTL but also have holdings in 20 other gold companies.

RupertBear
20-06-2019, 08:42 AM
I disagree McGinty that the leaders are the way to go. If by leaders, you mean those with the highest production, then these often become overvalued and anyway, their returns on investment are likely to be lower, although, generally speaking, they do have lower risk. Newcrest, the largest Australian gold company, languished for many years because it overpaid to buy Lihir Gold (a large mine offshore of Papua New Guinea) that needed a lot of money spent in order to keep its production going, even though it is a rich mine.
If by leaders you mean those whose whose share prices are going up most, then be careful. The gold market on the ASX is a wild west arena and fluctuates strongly, along with executives and directors who are intent on retaining their positions. Market manipulation is rife, as is leaky news with insiders (or "friends" of insiders) getting advantage.
Recently the ASX has seen a number of gold producers get into serious trouble, including administration, looking for takeover, or committing to adverse funding at the expense of existing shareholders.

Often the mid-tier producers give better returns while developers (those with reserves who are establishing mines and processing plants) have higher risk but can give higher returns. Then there are explorers who have not yet established sufficient reserves and resources to consider a mine. These are the riskiest but can give very high returns and so should have smaller amounts invested.

a) its reserves - the amount of gold in the ground that is considered by a professional geologist to be economic for mining according to international standards (JORC)
b) its resources - the amount of gold in the ground including reserves but also that which is not yet assessed as reserve but for which drilling results indicate that there is reasonable probability that it could be
e) the cost of extracting and producing the gold over the life of the mine(s) - otherwise known as ASIC = All In Sustaining Costs

There are various measures used to assess the value of a gold company. Some of the most significant ones are:
iv) Life of Mine in years, which generally speaking is the reserves divided by annual production
v) the Price of Gold less the AISC which gives an indication of the operating profit

Companies with high production generally have higher EV ratios than those with lower production. This reflects their lower risk. However, it is important to understand what the reserves and production output and costs will be going forward.

I do not advise buying any gold company and putting the shares on the shelf. I think they need constant monitoring and readiness to sell. There is too much constant change to let them sleep, including the price of gold, mine situations and market sentiment (which is often manipulated).
As gold is mined and produced, reserves lessen along with mine life. Exploration consumes millions of dollars but is necessary to establish new resources and reserves for continuing production. Establishing a process plant for new mines costs hundreds of millions.

Having said all this, I do not recommend NTL and if anyone wants to buy gold companies then the ASX is much better. So far as NZ gold activity goes, then Oceana Gold (OCG.ASX) with producing mines at Macraes in Otago and at Waihi (as well as The Philippines and the USA) is a much better prospect than NTL (which is a pip-squeak developer). OGC is producing about 525Koz of gold over the next year. However, check out the various valuation metrics for OGC and look at them all, because when a company produces comparisons across a range of companies, it always chooses those that are in its favour and ignores those which are not. If you want a bit of safety then look at producers with 200 Koz p.a. or more but recognise that "safety" is a very relative and tenuous term for any gold company. I only mention OGC because it has NZ mines. Whether it is a better investment at present than other goldies is a matter of opinion (not necessarily my own) and you will have to make your own decision. I own OGC as part of a wide ranging gold portfolio.

I have realised an average of 38% from gold companies over the past 4 years but my current holdings are close to break-even at present (positively) which probably gives some idea as to the volatility and risks involved. I invest rather than trade and so need to look at a long term picture, which is not easy with gold companies that delve underground to extract the gold and cannot "see" the gold but have to use various geotechnical methods to estimate where it is economic to mine.

Disclosure: I have shares in OGC and previously NTL but also have holdings in 20 other gold companies.

Fabulous post thanks SilverBack, heaps of really helpful information to digest. :)

McGinty
20-06-2019, 09:20 AM
Fabulous post thanks SilverBack, heaps of really helpful information to digest. :)

I second that, thank you for putting in the time to share your learnings with the community.

bullish
20-06-2019, 10:14 AM

Silverback all good points for larger companies but its pretty hard measuring apples to apples. NZ has one underground gold mine - TALISMAN. one listed NZ company with an underground gold mine - NTL . NZ really has no exploration industry majors like OGC explore and Juniors like NTL "go it alone into development and production".

Whereas in Australia explorers sell projects once resouces built into measured and go off exploring again. Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs at all silverback was bringing colour to your insights with regard to th NZ minerals industry.

NTL has

a) JORC Reserves - 60000 OZ
b) JORC 400K ounces resource
c) Not relevant while in development yet they still expect to produce 8000 ounces
d) Life of mine set out in PFS showed at least 7 years without touching the deep
e) I think they had a $700 cost all in in PFS release but may be wrong. - Anyone - There was a guy digger here that was across this. Due to the grades. less dirt moved more grade less cost
f) Hedging by a developer or even junior producer/mid - Come now...

Measures
EV to annual production - 0 production as yet
EV to reserve - Mckt cap/ (60K ounces @ 2000) =
EV to resource - 15m/ 400K ounces
Life of mine - mine life is determined by PFS under JORC was 5 years I think
POG - C3- 2000NZD - 700NZD = .....

So which companies can we compare ? a 200K oz per annum producer----Surely not. An explorer with a resource and reserve near this co? (which one?) A NZ developer - None to compare.

I had a good look at this and it seems most investors who came in at their major 6m raise 2 year ago did very well .5- 3cents - has drifted back near issue so one needs to look at what we got for our 6M - 200K ounces we didnt have, mine installed - ready to go, pilot plant all of their technical stuff Geowhizz and at a grade 10 times that of waihi....

Interested in yours and others thoughts to work out where this unique play sits value wise

Joshuatree
20-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Great post SilverBack and i agree especially with this "I do not advise buying any gold company and putting the shares on the shelf. I think they need constant monitoring and readiness to sell. There is too much constant change to let them sleep, including the price of gold, mine situations and market sentiment (which is often manipulated)."

The developer explorers are extreme high risk and one really and truly HAS to accept that they could lose all, the odds are against you. i know someone who has for many years specialised in small cap Goldies as a small part of his portfolio, visits and interviews management and emails them and does a hell of a lot of research and knows all the mining terminology and the various options and equipment, understands and interprets the results of drills, the maps, etc etc.

Also there is alot of spin and gloss and pumping and dumping posting is done on H/C to influence people. He has prob a little more success then failure, but when he feels certain goes in big.

Antipodean
20-06-2019, 12:16 PM
I have been a supporter and shareholder of NTL so I should provide some commentary.
I first bought NTL in April 2015.
I participated in the 2016 CR and also the shortfall offer.
I did not participate in the 2017 CR (My opinion is the 2017 CR was a mistake – especially with NTLOA in the money) [Note I did not hold NTLOA].
Following the quarterly in April 2019 I exited NTL in full.

Here are some excerpts from their announcements during my time as a shareholder.

Offer Document - 20/5/2016, 4:32 pm RIGHT
"The first funds raised will be applied to initiating the bulk sampling project which contemplates that NTL will extract on average 650 tonnes per month for a period of 18 months to 24 months"

NTL successfully raises $4.69M, 5/7/2016, 2:13 pm GENERAL
“Highlights
• Successful completion of rights issue raises approximately $4.7M.
• Board initiates the bulk sampling/trial mining at Talisman Mine. “

NTL successfully raises a further $1.77M, 17/8/2016, 2:18 pm GENERAL
“NTL SUCCESSFULLY RAISES A FURTHER $1.77M”
“The total amount raised inclusive of the shortfall stands at $6.46M NZD with a current Market capitalisation of 14.5M NZD. “

Half Yearly Report - 14/12/2016, 2:04 pm INTERIM
"The company has successfully raised over $6 million of which $2.1 million will be used to fund the company’s activities relating to the bulk sampling project and corporate overheads for 18 months. Surplus revenues from the bulk sampling project are expected to provide a further $1.5 million."

"It is currently not expected that the company will require further funds for the completion of the bankable feasibility study, applications for mining consents and phase 2 of mining"

"The directors expect that the company’s financial obligations can be comfortably met for 24 months and beyond from current and future cash resources."

Annual Report 2017 - Amended - 4/7/2017, 10:23 am ANNREP
"ACTIVITIES THIS YEAR HAVE CULMINATED IN THE SECURING OF FUNDS NECESSARY TO COMPLETE THE FIRST STAGE OF TRANSITIONING THE COMPANY FROM AN EXPLORER TO PRODUCER."

[Side note here. SP closed at $0.027 NZD on 27/08/2017 prior to next announcement and less than 5 months from Annual Report 2017 previously quote.]

Same Class Equity Offer (Share Purchase Plan) - 28/8/2017, 1:12 pm OFFER
"...new listed shares at an issue price of NZD 2.2 cents per share"

NTL Issue of Shares - amended price of existing options, 3/10/2017, 12:54 pm SECISSUE
“k Number of securities in … existence after issue 118,530,578 28/22/17 AUD $0.022 options (NTLOA):

[Side note here. If all remaining options had converted that would be $2,607,672 AUD. However the sp closing at 03/10/2017 was $0.020 NZD – options no longer in the money.]

New Talisman Gold Mines Limited Options (“NTLOA”) – Expiry, 6/12/2017, 1:26 pm MEMO
Quarterly Cashflow Report, 31/1/2018, 3:21 pm GENERAL
“(a) Cash proceeds from issues of shares, options, etc 1,924,661 “

So in my opinion the NTLOA holders got screwed, 2017 CR raised less than they would have brought in anyway, and the over $6m raised back in 2016 should have taken us a lot further than we now are in 2019 with funds running low and another CR on the books.

steveb
20-06-2019, 01:04 PM
yes antipodean I have to agree with you it's pretty sorry reading.I suppose there are 2 sides to the story,but overall you wouldn't give management a pass mark.But I think you can certainly give them a pass mark on the progress (albeit slow progress) they have made in transitioning from a developer to a producer.

I suspect that there will have to be another capital raise once the pilot plant and tests have confirmed the potential of the mine.I have no idea what the costs are to transition from the pilot plant to full production,I suspect management know,but are not willing to enlighten us poor shareholders in case we are frightened off!

n908671
20-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Just had a phone call from an Australian number about this offer, detailing the reasons, the price (and that it was a discount on the share price at the time of the offer) and that the offer period has been extended. They also wanted an indication of whether I will be accepting the offer.

First time I've ever been contacted for something like this. This, combined with the extension of the day, smacks of desperation I'm afraid to say.

Timesurfer
20-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Just had a phone call from an Australian number about this offer, detailing the reasons, the price (and that it was a discount on the share price at the time of the offer) and that the offer period has been extended. They also wanted an indication of whether I will be accepting the offer.

First time I've ever been contacted for something like this. This, combined with the extension of the day, smacks of desperation I'm afraid to say.

It doesn't sound like they are fending off potential investors with a stick does it.
I

tim23
20-06-2019, 06:22 PM
Not a tall - this is quite typical, good idea as some shareholders forget, I have been contacted before with other offers, Charlies for one I recall.

RupertBear
20-06-2019, 06:24 PM

Yep I had the same phone call last night and its the first time I have ever been contacted for anything as well. Doesnt bode well

Timesurfer
20-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Speaking of. I just recieved my call. At least it was from a very pleasent speaking lady - makes a change from the Indian callers on behalf of Spark and my internet provider ;)

SilverBack
21-06-2019, 01:28 AM
Hi Joshua,
Hot Copper is certainly worth using for ASX shares and definitely for gold shares. I am not a gold or mining expert but have had some success through basic analysis of companies plus feedback from others on BBs like Hot Copper. I acknowledge that there is a lot of trash published but there are a number of geniuinely knowledgeable people who are happy to share their knowledge. The trash is usually easily identified and ignored. I almost always check HC before buying an ASX stock so that I get a reading on the current situation. This is not foolproof but helps. HC has a much wider range of contributors than a NZ board can provide and so the level of knowledge that you can condense is better.

I have found that there are knowledgeable people in the Australian gold industry who give honest comment. They may be employees in a different gold company who understand the geotechnical and mining aspects while others are experienced investors. People are willing to share their knowledge because the cut and thrust of opinions helps them to sharpen their own understanding and hence make better decisions.
You indicate that your friend has failures as well as successes. That will be true of every investor in gold shares, which is why I diversify across a considerable number of stocks. Even the smart and knowledgeable guys get caught out if their postings can be believed (and who admits to a loss without good cause). I also diversify because I am not a mining person and so am more dependent on the opinions of others. Diversification reduces my risk of course, even though it holds back my gains with a successful stock.

You do not need to lose all on an unsuccessful investment. That only happens when you keep hoping for a recovery, even as the stock keeps declining. Better to cut your losses at a certain point and try again elsewhere.

SilverBack
21-06-2019, 02:13 AM
Hi Bullish,
I invest in both large and small gold companies and so disagree that you cannot measure relative values across them. At the end of the day they exist to make a return on investment like any other company. Of course there are some companies that exist to make a return for the directors and executives rather than the investors and you do need to watch out for those.
Explorers without defined resources or reserves cannot be valued quantatively. You have to make a subjective judgment as to the quality of the managers and their licence areas. Clearly, this is high risk. Most explorer companies that are started fail. This is a well recognised fact. The other aspect to think about is Mark Twain's comment that a mine is a cheat and a liar standing at the top of a hole in the ground, or words to that effect. Which is why, today we have things like JORC standards for measuring resources and reserves but even so watch out as the Australian market has been learning in the cases of GCY, DCN and BLK recently.
I do not see why a minnow like NTL needs to be considered differntly from other companies. They deal with the same commodity that sells at the same price and have to negotiate the same regulations. OGC is a mid-size producer (in global terms) but is facing permitting difficulties at present, just like NTL has had to deal with.
There is no indication that NTL is developing a resource to sell its licences to another company. I think that is very unlikely. NTL has a very limited environmental licence from the local council (Hauraki?) to extract a small amount of ore for "sampling" each month. That is separate from the mining licence issued by Wellington and both are necessary.
NTL's existing permits are secure but any extension of NTL's activity will almost certainly be clobbered by the Green machine that has ministers in the Government.
The 7 year mine life that you state is in the context of a very small extraction rate per month. That means very small gold production. Out of that all the Director fees need to be satisfied along with other administration activity. It appears that NTL will produce gold as a concentrate for someone else to refine. That reduces the value of the gold they extract. Also, who will the "someone" be? (maybe I have missed this because I am, not interested in buying NTL any more).
Best of luck with NTL if you are invested. I have been there, made money and moved on. My opinion is that there are much safer gold investments elsewhere, although I recognise that you have to go off-shore to participate in these.

haewai
21-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Not sure why posters above are thinking a phone call signals doom and desperation. To me it simply means the business is trying to raise as much funds as possible. That's it. Any other conclusion is a reflection of own biases.

steveb
21-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Well I just sold a couple of million,and will now buy them back through the SPP.I simply did not have the cash kicking around to support the SPP,and this is the next best way of helping

Blue Horseshoe
21-06-2019, 10:22 AM
I'm supporting the company to the full amount, they have done a lot work upgrading the mine on a shoe string budget.

youngatheart
21-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Hmmm, a big jump up today by what looks like one buyer. Perhaps there's a leak? Good news coming then?

Leftfield
21-06-2019, 11:42 AM
Hmmm, a big jump up today by what looks like one buyer. Perhaps there's a leak? Good news coming then?

I suspect this blip reflects recent global uncertainty and increases in gold prices....... Take care.

Antipodean
21-06-2019, 12:23 PM
I would not read too much into a day with turnover of ~$31,000 so far. It represents 0.19% of the company.
Given how low the sp is (and > 2 billion shares on issue), any pip change of 0.001 looks like a huge % swing.

Yoda
21-06-2019, 01:26 PM
Auzzies look keen 10634

Brain
21-06-2019, 05:08 PM
And gold now @ $2133/oz continues to move in the right direction.

Bluemanarc
26-06-2019, 09:46 AM
I have decided to go all in and take another 15k of shares at this price, and it lowers my average price a little bad, sad to say :(
The Hot Copper post this morning has inspired me with just how much they have done.
It will be a great long term gold producer once they get their **** together.

suse
26-06-2019, 11:17 AM
I have decided to go all in and take another 15k of shares at this price, and it lowers my average price a little bad, sad to say :(
The Hot Copper post this morning has inspired me with just how much they have done.

this fool and her money has already learnt her lesson once. Just waiting and hoping that the shareprice makes a recovery for me to get my money back at this point.

Ace
26-06-2019, 11:19 AM

Good luck, it may work in your favour and I hope it does. Not for me though, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Not sure if it's best to listen to Robbo24 on HC - he seems to disappear once the SP hits a high, and comes back to ramp things up when it's at it's all time low with all these positive findings. Guess there's a reason why he's banned from here. Lol. Who knows.

Bluemanarc
27-06-2019, 07:37 AM
I have watched his posts for a while now and he seems consistent.
At least he has got off his but and actually gone down to the mine, and taken a few photo's that are real and just not fake news.

The posts that I see are a bit false reading are these ones about gold price right now, being so high, as that's really irrelevant to a long term gold producer, which NTL will be, as its the long term price over production time that counts, not short term spikes and dips.

Very disappointing strategic work from the board this last year, but mine itself is looking good.

Bluemanarc
27-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Looked up Robbo and he is quite prolific on Hot Copper.
Checked out one post and he was pretty good with his pick, look at this .........

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-drawdown-of-imc-debt-facility-and-asx-waiver-granted.4796269/page-149?post_id=39026539

Ace
27-06-2019, 09:37 AM
I have watched his posts for a while now and he seems consistent.
At least he has got off his but and actually gone down to the mine, and taken a few photo's that are real and just not fake news.

The posts that I see are a bit false reading are these ones about gold price right now, being so high, as that's really irrelevant to a long term gold producer, which NTL will be, as its the long term price over production time that counts, not short term spikes and dips.

Very disappointing strategic work from the board this last year, but mine itself is looking good.

Yes, the price of gold has nothing to do with the fundamental company price at the moment, it might impact the price on the market through it's speculative value. You said you're taking your full take of 15k, what exactly are you investing in? I feel an investment in NTL at this stage is mostly an investment in management itself. Can you really trust management? We were meant to be fully funded, they've hinted at producing gold prior to the last capital raise, hinted at things to come by the "end of the year", I think I could go through every single announcement and find a good half of it has not been fulfilled. Yes we've gotten progress however it is menial, look how long it's taken and the progress is rehashed at every quarter, although is it worth all that investment? after dilution and all the paper losses from the previous raise you'd have to see a 300-400% gain from here just to break even let alone make any profit. Sure you could average down, but then a good bet you'd be waiting years and potentially another capital raise. From what I understood cashflow was meant to be sustaining us at this stage after that last raise? So why should any investor here take any word that they say with more than a grain of salt? They can make announcements hard and fast and send you phone calls when they need money from you, but when you would like progress, announcements, or simple questions updated they all disappear and no one is working. It's like when your kids want money to go out, they're there hard and fast, making promises to clean the house and car then when the time comes for the work to be done they're nowhere to be seen - you still give them money though, out of love. So the real question is, do you love NTL that much?

Some investors here have invested a fair amount so they're forced into a hard position of throwing more capital to average down, or face potential dilution of the shares they paid 3-4x as much for.

Looked up Robbo and he is quite prolific on Hot Copper.
Checked out one post and he was pretty good with his pick, look at this .........

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-drawdown-of-imc-debt-facility-and-asx-waiver-granted.4796269/page-149?post_id=39026539

Maybe so, although I wouldn't rely on what someone else has said - if you're looking at that, there have been many counter arguments against NTL and the potential of more capital raises in the future, even several years back. They were right, and some of those very posters are still warning against it. So why hear Robbo and not the others?

I'm not saying NTL is a bad or good investment, it's things to ponder on before you throw more of your hard earned money to them.

Chippie
27-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Not sure how anyone lost money on the last capital raising at .5 cents per share. Personally i sold a bunch of these at 3 cents and have a free carry with my remaining NTL shares. Then sold some recently at 1cent to lock in my profit

Ace
27-06-2019, 10:07 AM
Not sure how anyone lost money on the last capital raising at .5 cents per share. Personally i sold a bunch of these at 3 cents and have a free carry with my remaining NTL shares. Then sold some recently at 1cent to lock in my profit

The last raising was at $0.022 or somewhere abouts, see http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/SPP-Offer-Amended.pdf

Not sure where you're getting your info from or you've been in NTL for too long that you forgotten that there's been so many raising since. That raising you're talking about is the one before the one I've linked, or maybe the one before that, or before that... or maybe before that, I'm not sure since we're sitting at a 2B odd shares now, wonder how we got there, maybe with a few more raising we can hit 3B and that could be something to celebrate?

Brain
27-06-2019, 10:18 AM
I think that I would be one of the very few that think NTL has made good progress. There has been a lot of criticism of how long this process has taken but I would say that the cost and time taken to rehabilitate the mine would be very hard to estimate as there would have been too many unknown factors. The mine has to be safe there is no way that shareholders would want a cave in and any loss of life.

The price of gold in these early stages is very important. A high price encourages the take up of the SPP (hopefully NTL raise more than the 1.5M$ To give them more of a buffer ) and also improves profitability especially in the important early stages. The price of gold oils the machine.

Ace
27-06-2019, 10:45 AM
I think that I would be one of the very few that think NTL has made good progress. There has been a lot of criticism of how long this process has taken but I would say that the cost and time taken to rehabilitate the mine would be very hard to estimate as there would have been too many unknown factors. The mine has to be safe there is no way that shareholders would want a cave in and any loss of life.

The price of gold in these early stages is very important. A high price encourages the take up of the SPP (hopefully NTL raise more than the 1.5M$ To give them more of a buffer ) and also improves profitability especially in the important early stages. The price of gold oils the machine.

Sure, and that's fair, they have made progress, although the issue is them over promising and under delivering. You wouldn't be too happy if I promised you a BMW and after you paid I delivered a Honda. If they have been upfront with managing expectations I'm sure everyone would be singing a different tune today. The dissatisfaction stems from expectation vs. reality. If you notice the SHers that are not happy are the ones who state, and quite clearly (it's not rocket science, look at every post that expresses dissatisfaction), that it's not what has been communicated to them, what happened to x, and why are we y when we were promised x. This lack of trust in management to carry the project forward is reflected in the SP and the uptake of the last SPP because this management loves to surprise, and not for the better and at this stage that's what you're betting on, the management to realize the value of the mine and turn it into something "tangible" per se.

Chippie
27-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Good point Ace. I was in fact talking about the 3 for 1 offer in May 2016 and did not participate in the most recent one. Still personally i will take up the full entitlement as i have a similar view as Brain. If right i will make >double my money or more, worst case i lose $15k. Time will tell

steveb
27-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Ho-hum Ace you seem to just reguritate what has been stated on this forum for a number of years,it's all been said before.Share holders especially know what they are doing with this SPP plan,many have previous experience let's wait and see how popular it is.I for one are in.

swissboy
27-06-2019, 12:07 PM
I totally agree with Ace regarding < when it suits -build up their hopes > otherwise tell them nothing.

Ace
27-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Ho-hum Ace you seem to just reguritate what has been stated on this forum for a number of years,it's all been said before.Share holders especially know what they are doing with this SPP plan,many have previous experience let's wait and see how popular it is.I for one are in.

Yes, what I'm saying is nothing new - it's all been said one way or another, just like NTLs announcements and SPP plans for the last decade too - copy and paste jobs, exactly how you like them ;) - so I thought I'd regurgitate the same counter points as well. I don't doubt yours or any others experience, and I'm not saying you can't make money from NTL by trading it. This SPP may work in your favor, infact I hope it does although it doesn't invalidate any points I've brought up regarding the management of NTL and performance to date and they are worth at least considering before ploughing more money into it.

Antipodean
27-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Annual Report Year

Section
[Income from]...Issue of shares

Amount
$1,443,290.00
$449,998.00
$6,373,013.00
$1,925,910.00

Total = $10,192,211.00

Blue Horseshoe
27-06-2019, 01:17 PM
WOW, that's cheap for this fantastic mining operation,

Antipodean
27-06-2019, 01:33 PM
WOW, that's cheap for this fantastic mining operation,
Just the last four years, as long as I have been involved/tracking.
I'll consider it a "mining operation".... when it begins mining.
Should be read in conjunction with https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthread.php?8988-NTL-New-Talisman-Gold-Mines-worth-a-look&p=763647&viewfull=1#post763647

Brain
27-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Thanks for posting that Antipodean. If my memory is correct in 2017 they wanted to raise 12 M$ and managed 6 M$. They tried to top it up in 2018 and had partial success.
Maybe the over promise under deliver in recent years is a result of that. I have tried to put myself in the position of the management and have come to the conclusion that I would probably just go ahead with the project with capital at the lower end of what was required. It would not be of much use for NTL to sit on their hands waiting and waiting for more dosh. Management has to take an optimistic attitude to this mine otherwise there would be no investment. I would also expect there would be a fair bit going on behind the scenes politically, after all, this is mining in the Coromandel not outback Australia. I think NTL is focussed on getting the job done and hopefully after this capital raise there will be cash flow and shareholders can look towards ownership of a profitable mine and of course the future with Rahu could be the icing on the cake.

Bluemanarc
27-06-2019, 02:43 PM
The new announcement backs up my last statement, I think this shows real progress, and real past frustration with the red tape that now hampers everything in NZ now, where we are the world kings of paper shuffling pencil sharpening ticking and rubber stamping, if they made it a sport NZ would be world champions. Its the new world (NZ) order of cone heads.

That looks like a real frustration of the board, and they are saying we are over that, and real mining and gold recovery and income is around the corner, somewhere :)
Its real progress lads, its ****ing slow, but its real progress.

Timesurfer
27-06-2019, 03:00 PM
That looks like a real frustration of the board, and they are saying we are over that, and real mining and gold recovery and income is around the corner, somewhere :)
Its real progress lads, its ****ing slow, but its real progress.

I hope you are right. Be good to see some results.
Good for the local economy too.

steveb
27-06-2019, 03:18 PM
Interesting part for me is that they plan on producing 360g of gold per month by march next year,thats over the 2 year bulk sampling period.It will be good to see some positive cashflow.

Lion
27-06-2019, 05:18 PM
steveb - I'm pretty sure that's ounces, not grams. Bottom of page 5 of the report.

Fairly positive annual report, I thought, as was Robbo's wonderful report and photos of his visit to the mine, on Hot Copper.

bullish
27-06-2019, 09:29 PM
I totally agree with Ace regarding < when it suits -build up their hopes > otherwise tell them nothing.

But both you and ace hold no credibility with this stock vs those of us who have been on this for many cap raises and deliverables can measure such.

bullish
27-06-2019, 09:34 PM
Annual Report Year

Section
[Income from]...Issue of shares

Amount
$1,443,290.00
$449,998.00
$6,373,013.00
$1,925,910.00

Total = $10,192,211.00

10M - got a fully consented mine, a PFS (+update) and 200,000 JORC 2012 ounces of the 400,000 they have whilst doubling grades.

Whats an ounce worth nowadays???

jonu
27-06-2019, 10:16 PM
10M - got a fully consented mine, a PFS (+update) and 200,000 JORC 2012 ounces of the 400,000 they have whilst doubling grades.

Whats an ounce worth nowadays???

That would be (USD 1406) NZD 2094 minus 710 cost (as per report) = 1384 NZD profit per ounce X 427,000 ounces. Are my maths OK? :t_up:

Antipodean
28-06-2019, 09:19 AM
NTL exists beyond 2015, going back to Heritage Gold. There have been many more CR's than simply the ones I referenced in recent years.

I did the exact same calculations back in 2016/2017 jonu & bullish
An oz of gold is worth something if you extract it and sell it.

No one is disputing the amount or value of gold in the ground.
I'm just putting my story out there - bought into excitement, timelines and expectations that didn't eventuate.

GLTAH

Not too Flash
01-07-2019, 11:09 AM
Will be interesting to see how many new shares issued from the capital raise. - due to be allocated today on applications received before original closing date

steveb
01-07-2019, 11:17 AM
SPP has been extended to July 19th

Drummer
01-07-2019, 11:31 AM
In accordance with clause 1.5 of the Terms and Conditions of the offer,
New
Talisman intends to allot those applications received by the original
closing
date of 26 June, on 1 July 2019, with applications received by 7pm NZ
time on
19 July allotted on 24 July 2019.

Brain
01-07-2019, 12:35 PM
Will be interesting to see how many new shares issued from the capital raise. - due to be allocated today on applications received before original closing date

Most people myself included will wait for the later date before handing over the dosh so the earlier date will be no indication of the success of the capital raise.

ziggy415
01-07-2019, 12:42 PM
Most people myself included will wait for the later date before handing over the dosh so the earlier date will be no indication of the success of the capital raise.

Does that mean I can sell my bonus shares one month before you :t_up:

Brain
01-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Does that mean I can sell my bonus shares one month before you :t_up:

Yes but maybe the future for NTL will be so bright by then that neither of us will be even thinking about selling.

steveb
01-07-2019, 01:25 PM
So don't forget you still have time to put your shares on the market at .007 and be able to buy them back with the bonus

Brain
01-07-2019, 01:51 PM
Yes - if you don’t have the 15k cash that is the best strategy

Timesurfer
01-07-2019, 06:12 PM
So don't forget you still have time to put your shares on the market at .007 and be able to buy them back with the bonus
What if it is over subscribed and you miss out .. that would be cause for disappointment

Meister
01-07-2019, 07:05 PM
I was expecting an announcement? Was I mistaken to believe they would announce something today if they were allotting today, or are the key words "intends to allot" and the intention didn't happen aha :t_down:

Lion
01-07-2019, 08:21 PM
What if it is over subscribed and you miss out .. that would be cause for disappointment

Yeah, it's another strange thing about this CR, TS. They didn't say anything about scaling back if it's over-subscribed, did they?
So if there's good news before 19/7, they could get a huge amount of money coming in. Oh dear, what to do with all that money?

My strategy for this SPP is to wait a bit closer to 19/7, hoping the SP rises a bit (or a lot :eek2: ) and throwing in just $4k of my own, and buy the maximum $15k of new shares. $4k is just the amount I feel comfortable with right now. I've put the various market prices and amount I'd sell on a spreadsheet to help me decide. There's some great averaging down to be had here, I reckon, even if I sell at the current 0.7c, which seems reasonable, if not certain.

And if the market price rose to 1.1c, the effective price for my new shares drops to around 0.247c.
(I find this a bit hard to believe, myself, maybe someone can check my arithmetic. But if I sold a million shares at 1.1c = $11k, add in my own $4k, equals the maximum $15k allowed, to buy 2,617,801 new shares (including the bonus shares) So I’ve bought 2,617,801 - 1,000,000 new shares, = 1,617,801 for $4k. That’s .247c each, I think)

And yes, thumbs up to your last comment, Brain!:t_up: [Edit, sorry, 2nd to last comment about the bright future!]

mfd
01-07-2019, 08:22 PM
I was expecting an announcement? Was I mistaken to believe they would announce something today if they were allotting today, or are the key words "intends to allot" and the intention didn't happen aha :t_down:

They have announced to the ASX, presume the NZX will get theirs in the morning. $715,000 raised so far.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20190701/pdf/4468s8fzgs086h.pdf

Brain
01-07-2019, 10:02 PM
That's stuff all funds. And the announcement notes the pilot plant won't produce any gold until end Sept. Yet another delay.

I take an opposite view haewai. That to me is a very good result because I believe that most shareholders will wait for the later date like me as there is no great rush.

Bluemanarc
01-07-2019, 10:52 PM
The announcement is a clear nod to everyone that they have got the funds they needed to carry on till the cavalry arrives, enough dosh to keep them operating (without bank loans) till the money / gold, starts coming in.
That gives massive confidence to everyone else who was considering taking up their 15k of more shares.

I am more happy than I have been the last couple of weeks.
But looks like Rahu is a goner before that baby was even a glimmer in Mat's eyes.

BigBob
02-07-2019, 07:27 AM
I take an opposite view haewai. That to me is a very good result because I believe that most shareholders will wait for the later date like me as there is no great rush.

I agree, this is a good result.

And now let's keep an eye on how many insiders are in, so to speak...

steveb
02-07-2019, 09:54 AM
?? Those funds are enough for another quarter of overspending against budget, as usual.
$715000 means less than 50 shareholders were happy to keep funding Matt Hill's salary. I wonder if any of them were directors.
I can't see anywhere in the announcement as to how many shareholders applied,where did you get the info that it was less than 50?

Brain
02-07-2019, 09:59 AM
?? Those funds are enough for another quarter of overspending against budget, as usual.
$715000 means less than 50 shareholders were happy to keep funding Matt Hill's salary. I wonder if any of them were directors.

The previous high levels of spending were due to the cost of mine refurbishment I think shareholders expect lower quarterly expenditure from now on until the mine generates revenue

haewai
02-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Maths.

715000 divided by 15000 equals 47.67

That's just 1.7% of all shareholders.

Very hard to be optimistic about that.

Blue Horseshoe
02-07-2019, 10:23 AM
You have got it all wrong, some shareholders may have only put part of the full amount in.

Maths.

715000 divided by 15000 equals 47.67

That's just 1.7% of all shareholders.

Very hard to be optimistic about that.

Miway
02-07-2019, 10:52 AM
Or maybe you're wrong?
Neither of us evidence. My math was based on the assumption that people eager enough to stump up this early would be more likely to go to for the full amount.

While going through the annual report to get the number of shareholders, I noticed that Mr Hill gave himself a $55000 pay rise last year.

I tossed a coin and only put in for $3k. I know another who put in $10k. As for Mr Hill, you cant sit on a gold mine and only pay yourself peanuts!

steveb
02-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Or maybe you're wrong?
Neither of us evidence. My math was based on the assumption that people eager enough to stump up this early would be more likely to go to for the full amount.

While going through the annual report to get the number of shareholders, I noticed that Mr Hill gave himself a $55000 pay rise last year.

I think where you are going wrong is by not explaining yourself fully.When you stated "$715000 means less than 50 shareholders" you should have added " if all the shareholders had taken up their full $15000 rights"
Perhaps less assumption and more fact would be in order.

Blue Horseshoe
02-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Maybe if more shareholders supported the capital raises they may have been able to move things along a bit quicker, so I think people that didn't support the capital raises are hardly in a position to complain.

Ltw
02-07-2019, 11:41 AM
The announcement is a clear nod to everyone that they have got the funds they needed to carry on till the cavalry arrives, enough dosh to keep them operating (without bank loans) till the money / gold, starts coming in.
That gives massive confidence to everyone else who was considering taking up their 15k of more shares.

I am more happy than I have been the last couple of weeks.
But looks like Rahu is a goner before that baby was even a glimmer in Mat's eyes.

I didn't see mention of Rahu, (or I missed something) why do you say it's a goner?

SausageDog
02-07-2019, 11:47 AM
Well new to the forum. I have only taken up $2k of the offer doubling my share holding. I may just be a new small investor , but how cool would this be when it finally returns to the faithful. In my mind you’re with in or you’re out!

Ltw
02-07-2019, 11:53 AM
Hey all - only just found this website very informative - cheers
I'm new to share trading and NTL was one of my first share purchases i did and slowly watched it go down in price lol. I havent lost hope and as it dropped i continued to buy more bringing my aveage down in the hope it would one day go back up....
I was somewhat disapointed (like a few others by the sounds) in the May update to not be closer to producing but understand the challenges in this sort of industry.
Anyway when the SPP plan came out I was a little shocked they needed more funds but after reading the SPP i also did some math on a spreadsheet and was all keen to invest both a bit of my disposable income and 1K of my kids savings (no where near the 15k max but 2 - 6k) from here I found this site and it has been some interesting reading and now not sure what to do. do I take a punt or not.

Chippie
02-07-2019, 12:13 PM
Do not invest more money than you are prepared to lose. There is always a chance you could lose it all. Personally i think there is a reasonable chance of making money so will be purchasing. But you need to do your own research and analysis before making your decision

Timesurfer
02-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Do not invest more money than you are prepared to lose. There is always a chance you could lose it all. Personally i think there is a reasonable chance of making money so will be purchasing. But you need to do your own research and analysis before making your decision
I’d tend to agree. I have a handful of these that I put in my gambling drawer. Probably wouldn’t risk the kids life savings on this one even with the potential of a lotto like result. I did chuck their savings on SKO though!

bullish
02-07-2019, 07:38 PM
Maybe if more shareholders supported the capital raises they may have been able to move things along a bit quicker, so I think people that didn't support the capital raises are hardly in a position to complain.

Totally agree Blue. Haewai clearly you haven’t and are therefore seeking the rest of us to fund the company activities for you.

haewai
02-07-2019, 07:52 PM

I am more happy than I have been the last couple of weeks...

My comments today were a reaction to this post above. I apologise for any excessive and unwarranted comments. As a shareholder of nearly 5m shares since the 0.5c capital raising several years ago, I'm sceptical of optimism and critical of any view that the gold is just one step away.

Chippie
02-07-2019, 09:24 PM
My comments today were a reaction to this post above. I apologise for any excessive and unwarranted comments. As a shareholder of nearly 5m shares since the 0.5c capital raising several years ago, I'm sceptical of optimism and critical of any view that the gold is just one step away.

I understand your frustration as I am in a similar position to you, participating in the 0.5 cent raising years ago.
Although not as fast as we would like, they are a lot closer now than even 12 months ago. So i reviewed my numbers and think this will be the last opportunity to participate in a capital raising at prices like this.

Bluemanarc
02-07-2019, 10:53 PM
I didn't see mention of Rahu, (or I missed something) why do you say it's a goner?

They are waiting on Doc for the last 9 months or so to let them do test sampling of this "conservation land" - cant see it happening till Nat get in.
So basically a goner :)

About 5 years in my reckoning, let Simon get obliterated by wedding photo's, then Upton or whatever his name takes over.
Someone with personality and the gift of the gab and snags the next election with Winston's successor.

Brain
03-07-2019, 10:20 AM
Rahu has always been the future and possibly a very bright future. Talisman is the immediate goal.

whatsup
03-07-2019, 11:51 AM
Consent for pilot plant granted , this is a good ann and will all SPPies now front up?

swissboy
03-07-2019, 12:03 PM
Now that is a step in the right direction. This will tempt me to come to the party

whatsup
03-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Almost all of the .007 shares on offer atm are gone thanks to todays good news.

Paint it Black
03-07-2019, 01:23 PM
Now that is a step in the right direction. This will tempt me to come to the party

Agree this consent removes a major hurdle which NTL was not fully in control of and hence created a big risk against forward. I'm now far more inclined to buy into the capital raising.

steveb
03-07-2019, 01:31 PM
Yes I suspect there will be a pause,to see if it goes back to .008,if not I suspect a steady stream of sellers at .007,who will want to take advantage of the SPP.I guess we won't have a true value of the SP until aftr the 19th

whatsup
03-07-2019, 01:58 PM

.007's gone atm, it will be interesting to see if the .oo8's now get bought.

Paint it Black
03-07-2019, 02:25 PM
.007's gone atm, it will be interesting to see if the .oo8's now get bought.

And it has. May never be this cheap again.

whatsup
03-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Yes I suspect there will be a pause,to see if it goes back to .008,if not I suspect a steady stream of sellers at .007,who will want to take advantage of the SPP.I guess we won't have a true value of the SP until aftr the 19th

Steve do you really think that punters will sell @ .007 now when the need has gone out of the situation with todays great ann ?

Bluemanarc
03-07-2019, 02:55 PM
Its a double whammy of gold and income able to come in, and also extra raised funds achieved, the risk of total failure that pulled it back from 1.4c to 6c has gone now.
The good news should just keep coming from here on in, so my feelings are that the bottom has passed, the chance to buy at 6 or 7 has now passed.

At such cheap price, and it only taking 5m shares, or about 30k of buying, who knows where the SP will go from here.

steveb
03-07-2019, 03:16 PM
Steve do you really think that punters will sell @ .007 now when the need has gone out of the situation with todays great ann ?
Yes I think a few will,just the holders who can't afford to stump up any cash at the mo,why not sell for .007,better still if you can get .008 great! I must admit I did buy a few today at .007,but I did sell a couple of mil last week so as to take part in the SPP.

Bluemanarc
04-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Looks like a lot of sheep trying to sell some at 8c and then buy back there allotted 15k through the SPP.

steveb
05-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Looks like a lot of sheep trying to sell some at 8c and then buy back there allotted 15k through the SPP.
And why not it supports the SPP remember we are not going to have a meaning supply of gold until early next year,so the more fund raised with this SPP means less chance of another SPP in the future

Lion
05-07-2019, 10:23 AM

Baa-aa-aa-aa

whatsup
05-07-2019, 02:14 PM
Gold @ $1420 US atm = $2100 Kiwi/oz, highest price for years , must be great news for NTL "IF " they can get their $hit together ( this time ) !!

Brain
05-07-2019, 02:52 PM
Gold @ $1420 US atm = $2100 Kiwi/oz, highest price for years , must be great news for NTL "IF " they can get their $hit together ( this time ) !!

They seem to be going well Whatsup. My only recent gripe was the delay in pilot plant approval but that has now been explained by Terra Firma applying for the consent instead. Seems to make perfect sense to run the plant on Terra Firma’s site.

Timesurfer
09-07-2019, 05:02 PM
Two phone calls to make sure I know about the ssp - and the great news of the consent.
A very efficient team.

RupertBear
09-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Two phone calls to make sure I know about the ssp - and the great news of the consent.
A very efficient team.

Hmm I have just had my second phone call as well. Maybe they are just being very efficient but I have never been rung once let alone twice re a capital raise before so it feels quite desperate to me. Hope I am wrong.

Lion
09-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Well, poor me with only 2m shares, I haven't had even one phone call. Maybe it's because I don't have a landline.

Rupert - I wonder if the Co are actually desperate.
My feeling is an awful lot of shareholders are going to be in for this SPP, even if (like me) they may not be able to sell at 0.8 or more to help fund it. If I can't do that, I'll just find the money somewhere, buy my full $15k worth, and sell some in a year - if I want to then - I may well not want to.

Time will tell, but I suspect there will be a huge influx of money by 19/7.

Timesurfer
10-07-2019, 09:44 AM
It will be interesting to see what the SP does after the offer closes. Obviously not going to rise before then, but has the latest news been enough of a value add to see a jump in SP?

Jaiden
10-07-2019, 10:13 AM
It will be interesting to see what the SP does after the offer closes. Obviously not going to rise before then, but has the latest news been enough of a value add to see a jump in SP?

Unlikely. Price increases normally need some sort of spark to grab public attention and bring in new buyers. The latest news didn't catch on immediately; it reduced risk rather than increasing future profits and was offset by the SPP. I don't think we'll see any jump in SP until revenue is generated and realized profits are announced in the mid-year report at the earliest.

Paint it Black
16-07-2019, 12:31 PM
Unlikely. Price increases normally need some sort of spark to grab public attention and bring in new buyers. The latest news didn't catch on immediately; it reduced risk rather than increasing future profits and was offset by the SPP. I don't think we'll see any jump in SP until revenue is generated and realized profits are announced in the mid-year report at the earliest.

You may be right Jaiden but if we get an announcement the SPP was fully subscribed (or close to) this could change things. However confirmation the pilot plant is operating as expected followed by a photograph of a refined 1kg ingot with NTL stamped on it will be even better.

steveb
18-07-2019, 10:26 AM
They are looking to raise $1.5m from what I can see.$700+K has been recieved so far,so I can't see them not getting to their target.The 007 shares are starting to dry up,as holders would not be able now to meet the timelines to sell their shares to fund the SPP.So where to from here,probably head back to .008 for a while until we hit the first sales of produced gold.

It's going to be exciting times,and am looking forward to them.

Number8
18-07-2019, 11:12 AM
Can someone please help me understand why there have been so so many trades at values less than $30 over the last few days? 15 today already. I understand some might be completing sell orders in full but I cannot see a reason to buy so few shares when it cost around $30 in fees. ??

silverblizzard888
18-07-2019, 11:23 AM
Can someone please help me understand why there have been so so many trades at values less than $30 over the last few days? 15 today already. I understand some might be completing sell orders in full but I cannot see a reason to buy so few shares when it cost around $30 in fees. ??

Well Sharesies just came out with their new platform offering that allows you to buy as little as a $1 and only charges 0.5% fee so thats probably why haha. I've been playing around and testing it out too, but not with NTL shares but others.

Number8
18-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Oh yup. That could be an explanation. Will need to look into sharesies at some point.

digger
19-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Oh yup. That could be an explanation. Will need to look into sharesies at some point.

In Hamilton on next Tuesday I will be going to a NZ shareholders association meeting. I have just joined two weeks ago. The guest speaker is from Sharesies. Currently I know nothing about them.

Ltw
19-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Anyone heard how the SPP went or do we have to wait till Monday to find out?

digger
20-07-2019, 08:27 AM

Well give them some slack. It closes at 5 on friday the 19th so by friday at 5 01 they will hardly be in a position to have all the late entries in. Note legally they have to accept any that are post marked on Friday,so I would expect about mid week at the earliest.

Lion
20-07-2019, 04:32 PM

For the first part of the SPP that closed 26/6, they announced and allotted shares 6 days later, on 2/7.

This time, they say they will allot 5 days after closing date, on Wednesday 24/7.

It will be interesting - I predict a large take-up.

When are we going to see the first gold??

PS Hello digger, I didn't know you were in NTL. I hope small shareholders can keep this company for its ultimate rewards.
I hope that for NZOG too, but I fear it will be a hard battle ahead.

whatsup
22-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Tomorrow "could be the headsup day " !!

Brain
22-07-2019, 07:23 PM
I just looked at my bank account and I can see that my payment for the SPP has been reversed. I don’t think I stuffed it up and all was done on time and correctly I am sure. Possibly fully subscribed.

Ltw
22-07-2019, 07:24 PM
Well hopefully I started the upward trend today. I brought into the SPP at a small value but found a bit more disposable funds today so brought a few more to bring my average price down and it looks like a few followed suit. This whole Shareses equation adds a whole new level to the way in which this could go - small purchasers willing to buy 30 shares at whatever cost could move the price up nicely once we get over the .008 dump

Lion
22-07-2019, 08:00 PM
Brain, that's strange, I haven't had the same thing. I hope it's some fixable mistake, for your sake. These SPP shares will be seen as a bargain in a while, I'm sure.

While the SP hasn't done much today, I'm (maybe over-optimistically) looking at the depth today and seeing buyers increasing and sellers decreasing. There are 1.2m for sale at 0.8, but then not a heck of a lot until 1.2c and not a huge amount there either.

Ltw, there are 33 buyers for 1.14m odd shares at 0.7c, an average of a mere 30k shares each. Could be the Sharesies effect?

Exciting times ahead, I think and hope!

whatsup
22-07-2019, 09:50 PM
I just looked at my bank account and I can see that my payment for the SPP has been reversed. I don’t think I stuffed it up and all was done on time and correctly I am sure. Possibly fully subscribed.

Brian That is very strange, I would phone the company reg tomorrow and ask for an explaination, asking as well as you had complied if there is not any reason that the situation cannot be reversed, I would also speak to the company management about your problem, good luck .

steveb
23-07-2019, 09:36 AM
It can't be over subscribed NTL will just create more shares,it's a bit like printing money! Did you get a confirmation email from computershare saying they had recieved your application? If so you should be allright .

Brain
23-07-2019, 09:51 AM
It can't be over subscribed NTL will just create more shares,it's a bit like printing money! Did you get a confirmation email from computershare saying they had recieved your application? If so you should be allright .

yes I did receive a confirmation email. All a bit odd I will chase it up today

Bluemanarc
23-07-2019, 10:25 AM
Once all facets of this mine start rolling along, I am confident of a large surge past 5c as I have been all along. There is never a huge amount of shares available to buy at anyone time. Someone for example with 100k to 200k for example to throw at it, would be struggling to buy in.

steveb
23-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Once all facets of this mine start rolling along, I am confident of a large surge past 5c as I have been all along. There is never a huge amount of shares available to buy at anyone time. Someone for example with 100k to 200k for example to throw at it, would be struggling to buy in.
Yes the new shares being minted this week will probably not come on to the market for a year given the bonus attached to them,so they will not affect the liquidity,I suspect there will be quite a few shareholders taking up their allotment this time round,company was looking to raise $1.5mil,I suspect they are going to go way over that.

ziggy415
23-07-2019, 11:01 AM
Yes the new shares being minted this week will probably not come on to the market for a year given the bonus attached to them,so they will not affect the liquidity,I suspect there will be quite a few shareholders taking up their allotment this time round,company was looking to raise $1.5mil,I suspect they are going to go way over that.
seeing as i stuck to the origional closing date and paid up i can sell mine one month before the lagards:t_up: ha ha..hey anyone know how many share holders there are and that should give a maximum amount able to be raised....or we could just wait till tomorrow for the exact figure.....Blue manarc and his 5 cents sounds good but only 8000 ounces of gold over 2 years is all they are forecasting...should at least keep the wolves from the door...$16 million before costs

Ltw
23-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Brain, that's strange, I haven't had the same thing. I hope it's some fixable mistake, for your sake. These SPP shares will be seen as a bargain in a while, I'm sure.

While the SP hasn't done much today, I'm (maybe over-optimistically) looking at the depth today and seeing buyers increasing and sellers decreasing. There are 1.2m for sale at 0.8, but then not a heck of a lot until 1.2c and not a huge amount there either.

Ltw, there are 33 buyers for 1.14m odd shares at 0.7c, an average of a mere 30k shares each. Could be the Sharesies effect?

Exciting times ahead, I think and hope!

Hey Lion
I believe that is the Sharesies effect.

steveb
23-07-2019, 12:07 PM
Interesting all the .008 shares on offer have gone similar amount at .009 then its pretty slim pickings indeed

whatsup
23-07-2019, 12:15 PM
Interesting all the .008 shares on offer have gone similar amount at .009 then its pretty slim pickings indeed

Im not sure why he/she does not shift the buying decision to Aust @ .008 !

Ltw
23-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Gutted was going to buy another $1500 worth this morning but internet was down finally got on to find all the .008 are gone dam it 😩. Funny how funds become available after the fact 😡 might have to bump it into the 9’s

whatsup
23-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Gutted was going to buy another $1500 worth this morning but internet was down finally got on to find all the .008 are gone dam it ��. Funny how funds become available after the fact �� might have to bump it into the 9’s

Ltw, Buy in Aust @.008 Au small ex cost

Ltw
23-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Ltw, Buy in Aust @.008 Au small ex cost
Not sure if I can mate will check. I do it in my direct brokering account. Didn’t have access to Aust when it was ANZ securities but may have changed.

whatsup
23-07-2019, 12:59 PM
Not sure if I can mate will check. I do it in my direct brokering account. Didn’t have access to Aust when it was ANZ securities but may have changed.

Yes you can , phone D B up and ask how to do it

silverblizzard888
23-07-2019, 09:06 PM

Incase you are interested to look deeper into the platform heres a video to show that you can end up creating quite a diverse portfolio than ever before with a low amount invested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wYo6GTzL2I

Number8
24-07-2019, 01:27 PM
Thanks silverB. Looks great way to start off learning about shares. It didn't go into the detail about who actually owns the share? As in who's name is added to the share register of NTL adding to costs. Hopefully Sharesies owns the shares. I see they always try to below at lower than asking price, which I can understand why. But to jump on a quick rising stock sharesies would not work it would seem

causecelebre
24-07-2019, 01:58 PM
Without wanting to go too far off topic. From their website:

"Sharesies is a regulated and audited Custodian. All assets are held in the custody name which is a Nominee company, not ever in the name of Sharesies Ltd. Customer assets are held in bare trust where the beneficial owner at all times is the customer.
Since becoming accredited, we’re also now a licensed depository participant, so all assets are held on depository not on the nominee company CSN.

In the event of something bad happening to Sharesies, assets would be transferred into the name of the customer or another Custodian. In the rare occasion where the minimum holding requirements aren’t meant, assets would be sold and returned to customers as cash"

steveb
24-07-2019, 03:49 PM
alls good they raise $1.7m so slightly more than required,so onwards and upwards

Lion
24-07-2019, 08:08 PM
Yes, $1.73m is a good vote of confidence in the company and its prospects.
I wouldn't have been surprised with more though, going by the number posting here or HotCopper who were saying they were "all in".
I put in $10k eventually.

Whatsup - are you the same whatsup posting on HC? (I gave up on HC with their flashing adverts that I couldn't turn off and excessive marketing emails)

I wonder what you meant by your recent post over there - "Add to this the 1/2 mil of gold to be extracted from the stock piled ore over the next couple of months !"
Not sure what you mean by 1/2 mil, I'd be interested to know, please.

P.S. - too much to hope that you mean that many ounces of gold, I suppose?? That'd be around $1/2 billion net.

whatsup
25-07-2019, 10:04 AM
Yes, $1.73m is a good vote of confidence in the company and its prospects.
I wouldn't have been surprised with more though, going by the number posting here or HotCopper who were saying they were "all in".
I put in $10k eventually.

Whatsup - are you the same whatsup posting on HC? (I gave up on HC with their flashing adverts that I couldn't turn off and excessive marketing emails)

I wonder what you meant by your recent post over there - "Add to this the 1/2 mil of gold to be extracted from the stock piled ore over the next couple of months !"
Not sure what you mean by 1/2 mil, I'd be interested to know, please.

P.S. - too much to hope that you mean that many ounces of gold, I suppose?? That'd be around $1/2 billion net.

Yes, From what I understand there is 1/2Mil $ of gold ready to mill from the stock piled ore at the mine, will be the first gold into NTL's coffers.

steveb
25-07-2019, 11:26 AM
I am sure one of you guys will know,firstly the closing date of the SPP was extended to july 19th,I can't see in the notice of extension if the transfer date for the loyalty shares was changed from 26th june to 19th of july?

This is important because the loyalty shares will be issued for those shares you continue to hold on 26th of june,or is it 19th of july.Suppose you fall on hard times and want to sell some of your holding I am presuming that as long as you replace the shares you sell by 26th june you will still be issued the loyalty shares.If you think the close off is July 19th you could miss out'or are my presumtions incorrect?

Joshuatree
25-07-2019, 07:17 PM
Does anyone know how much mathew hill is paid to run this re $18 mill mkt cap company? And is it reasonable in your opinion.?

nextbigthing
25-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Does anyone know how much mathew hill is paid to run this re $18 mill mkt cap company? And is it reasonable in your opinion.?

$415k PA apparently.

whatsup
25-07-2019, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=nextbigthing;766700]$415k PA apparently.

I think that his package was reduced in the cost savings programme .

Bluemanarc
26-07-2019, 09:47 AM
101 buyers and around 14 sellers according to the board I look at, funny to see so many buyers.
I guess people can now acquire a small chunk in a gold mine, where as I wanted a big chunk in a NZ Gold Mine :):t_up:

steveb
26-07-2019, 11:55 AM
Pilot plant works small amounts of gold being produced it will be interesting to see how concentrated the gold is etc

Well done mathew

Bluemanarc
26-07-2019, 12:13 PM
While some people question the small volume, remember this is material from the vein face set aside and it should be very high recovery.
Also questioned is the 16m over 2 years, 8000 ounces, that this is not significant.

It is massive amount of funds for the development of this mine to larger scale operation, we are on the move gentlemen :)

Paint it Black
26-07-2019, 12:30 PM
While some people question the small volume, remember this is material from the vein face set aside and it should be very high recovery.
Also questioned is the 16m over 2 years, 8000 ounces, that this is not significant.

It is massive amount of funds for the development of this mine to larger scale operation, we are on the move gentlemen :)

Agree . the Pilot Plant announcement this morning with accompanying photographs has the ring of Neil Armstrong 50 years ago of 'one small step ... etc giant leap for NTL' !!

Ltw
26-07-2019, 02:04 PM
"New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (the Company) intends to seek applications to subscribe for the shortfall under its recent share purchase plan offer of new quoted shares (the Offer)."

Dose this mean the because I didn't take up my fill 15k offering I can increase my organial offer?

steveb
26-07-2019, 03:00 PM
Matt Hill should write a book about how kill the SP in one easy step.

This reminds me of the German inflation pre the 2nd world war or Zimbabwe's 100 trillion banknote,(probably a collectors item now)

Paint it Black
26-07-2019, 03:20 PM

This reminds me of the German inflation pre the 2nd world war or Zimbabwe's 100 trillion banknote,(probably a collectors item now)

Unfortunately crazy stuff again from Matt Hill on managing investor and employee confidence. I feel for the investors who in good faith after receiving the outstanding news on the Pilot Plant and have just paid 0.9c a share to see it once again flattened within hours. Can we believe the end of August closing date for this one? Is their any limit on the quantity of shares that one can now invest? Some good questions for the AGM.

Brain
26-07-2019, 03:25 PM

We would have to assume that he knows that there are investors that are wanting to buy more shares.

Ace
26-07-2019, 03:37 PM
We would have to assume that he knows that there are investors that are wanting to buy more shares.

Well they could buy on the market - like anyone else. There is a responsibility to minimize dilution, especially seeing that they are fully funded to complete their next phase and get the mine generating cashflow. There is also a reason why shareholders have a capped allocation, and if he did see interest from shareholders wanting more than their allocation - why is the SPP open to all investors? Why do they even need more money when they exceeded their 1.5m required. If this shortfall falls short it will put more of a damper on the growing optimism we've seen the last few days than it already has.

whatsup
26-07-2019, 04:02 PM
This is a classic case of " When the ducks are quacking, FEED THEM " !!!!!! *** !

Brain
26-07-2019, 04:06 PM
All the points that you make Ace are good. I was surprised that there was a shortfall offer considering there was no shortfall. From my point of view the more money the company raises the better. I am not concerned about the dilution of my holding I can correct that easily.if (a big if) someone wants to buy 100M shares they may take the shortfall offer up and raise some money for the company. It’s any body’s guess how much that would cost to buy on market.

Lion
26-07-2019, 04:17 PM
A bit of a 'good news - oh, sorry, bad news' day for the SP today.

ComputerShare are showing my new SPP shares. My new average price is 1.03c now, and if I 'count my chickens before they are hatched' (i.e. bonus shares in a year, which I guess I have already paid for) the average would be 0.95c. Not too far away from current SP.

Ace - you say "Well they could buy on the market - like anyone else." But that wouldn't bring in new cash to the company, would it?

But I share the general disappointment about the new shares on offer. I fully agree with your next sentence, Ace - 'There is a responsibility to minimize dilution, especially seeing that they are fully funded to complete their next phase and get the mine generating cashflow.'

And Ltw - didn't I read that this extended offer is only open to 'sophisicated & professional investors', or something similar? Counts me out!

steveb
26-07-2019, 04:58 PM
Well I for one put in the 15K and my reward is to see the SP trampled on,my holdings diluted,and my confidence in management doing the right thing for shareholders gone.

I can't see any way I can add more through this new SPP I am no pro and sophisticated certainly not seems only sophisticated investors did not support the last SPP,and yes I am calling it a new SPP there was no shortfall.

And I know ACE has covered all these points recently (thanks) But I am allowed a rant occasionally!

Brain
26-07-2019, 05:12 PM
The sophisticated investor bit only applies to Aussie residents. Any man or women and his/her dog can apply if you are a NZ resident.

Lion
26-07-2019, 08:35 PM
The sophisticated investor bit only applies to Aussie residents. Any man or women and his/her dog can apply if you are a NZ resident.

Yeah, quite right, Brain. I had only skimmed the announcement. So Ltw, you are free to buy as many as you wish (in multiples of $1k)

I have an uneasy feeling about this. It's open to anybody and with no upper limit on quantity.

But why, oh why do this? It's a bit like turning the anti-virus off on your computer. You open yourself up to the big wide wicked world out there. Am I being paranoid? Well, maybe, but why take the risk? There are many people/companies in this big wicked world with deep pockets who might think it's a bit of fun to buy a controlling stake in NTL. It wouldn't hurt to put a cap on the amount spent, surely.

P.S. I wonder if M H and the board have considered the possibility of a hostile controlling interest? Good heavens! They might even want to appoint a new CEO!!

Ltw
26-07-2019, 08:47 PM
I for one are pretty gutted about this. I had read a lot of the earlier post and nearly flagged it all together but regained confidence so went ahead and got a few. Following this I could see a great potential for a good lift and brought more after the SPP at .008 and after the earlier announcement I thought here we go. Then bang I was hit in the face with a smelly rotten fish... lots of things have gone through my mind and the only thing I can think of is that the pilot plant has done very well and they now want as much capital as possible so they can order the real deal processing plant as soon as possible and get it humming. If not this Management team needs a swift kick in the you know what!!

Brain
26-07-2019, 09:49 PM
I think there is and logically must be an upper limit to the capital you can raise from an SPP. 15% more shares springs to mind but hopefully a more learned poster will clarify this. I have faith that the management will do the right thing. If I didn’t then I wouldn’t touch these shares with a 40 foot barge pole. A good rule in investment is to never swim with sharks.

More money means more rapid development.

Progress is being made.

Brain
26-07-2019, 09:54 PM
If the 15% figure is correct and they have already issued 150M shares then they are about half way there.

dompf
26-07-2019, 10:24 PM
I really want this company to be successful in NZ but after following it for for two years I just can’t see how the management command such lucrative salaries in the face of minor results. I would love to invest in this but unfortunately can’t at the moment.

swissboy
27-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Lets admit the Management do some very selfish and often immature and even stupid things but, unless it's all lies about the gold, where can they go, other than being very soon in the real stuff and returning handsomely to the long suffering s.holders???????

steveb
27-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Maybe it's time for a fresh pair of eyes at the top.Matt Hill has done his bit,it's pretty clear his management skills are not up to the job.
It will take a completley different skill set,to run a mine especially in NZ and especially under labour and the greens,it's time for Matt to step down and enjoy the fruits of his labour.

Lion
27-07-2019, 03:26 PM
If the 15% figure is correct and they have already issued 150M shares then they are about half way there.

. . and my worries about hostile takeover are misplaced.

And I feel quite positive about this extension now.

(OK, OK, I've changed my mind, I was wrong, I'll admit it, I'm a big man, I won't sulk for long :( )

KS
29-07-2019, 10:35 AM

24/07/2019 15:43 MKTUPDTE
New Talisman is pleased to announce its completion of a successful SPP raising a total of NZ$1.73m through the issue of 252,204,137 shares.

YoungBuck
29-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Why would people be buying at $0.008 on market when they could buy in shortfall at discount?

Paint it Black
29-07-2019, 11:43 AM
24/07/2019 15:43 MKTUPDTE
New Talisman is pleased to announce its completion of a successful SPP raising a total of NZ$1.73m through the issue of 252,204,137 shares.

Normally a 'shortfall' is when there is a lower than available take up of shares offered. In this case it seems NTL is loosely using shortfall as a shortage of shares being offered compared with that applied for. It's unfortunate some investors may interpret 'shortfall' as a sign of weakness in the company when in fact it it the opposite. If the 15% maximum take up now is real then i'm more comfortable current shareholders are are not to be heavily diluted but does anyone know this is a fact?

Joshuatree
29-07-2019, 11:49 AM
How many billion's of shares are there now? how many cap raises have there been? How many name changes over how many years? Worth thinking about and joining a few dots.

bucko
29-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm Bucko, and I suffer from gold fever.

It's an addiction I'm not proud of but I've taken the first step and admitted I have a problem.

"The company currently has 343,553,188 shares listed on the NZSX."
Think the NZX website might be a bit out of date now..

whatsup
29-07-2019, 12:49 PM
How many billion's of shares are there now? how many cap raises have there been? How many name changes over how many years? Worth thinking about and joining a few dots.

2.4 bill and rising.

steveb
29-07-2019, 01:05 PM
2.4 bill and rising.
Don't forget the 50mil promised in a years time from the last SPP and of course the options that could mint another 120mil.are there any more deals for shares out there?

Landyman
29-07-2019, 01:28 PM
I think the CR warrants a nice trip to Monaco for a holiday for the management team.

Im still holding, but didnt participate.

haewai
29-07-2019, 02:40 PM
I think there is and logically must be an upper limit to the capital you can raise from an SPP. 15% more shares springs to mind but hopefully a more learned poster will clarify this..

It's in the NZX listing rules (not in the NTL constitution), but up to you to work out if those rules apply in this situation

haewai
29-07-2019, 02:48 PM
That 8000oz forecast is mentioned a lot in recent NTL documentation. That requires processing 360t ore very month. Which the pilot plant can't do. Other parts of the papers mention only 'contributory funding' from the pilot plant, plus use of funds raised for more digging and paperwork and project studies, So self sustaining revenue seems either really close (actual @8000oz production and sales) or at least another year or two away. It's a bit unclear. Unless (1) third part processing, or (2) 8000oz means bulk sampling and stockpiling and inferred au, not 'processing'.

Any thoughts?

Brain
29-07-2019, 03:19 PM
In answer to the question about people buying at 0.8 it might be because the Minimum purchase is 1000$ so these might be small purchase by way of sharesies. I would sell my holding at 0.8 if I could and even 0.7 is tempting.

steveb
29-07-2019, 03:31 PM
That 8000oz forecast is mentioned a lot in recent NTL documentation. That requires processing 360t ore very month. Which the pilot plant can't do. Other parts of the papers mention only 'contributory funding' from the pilot plant, plus use of funds raised for more digging and paperwork and project studies, So self sustaining revenue seems either really close (actual @8000oz production and sales) or at least another year or two away. It's a bit unclear. Unless (1) third part processing, or (2) 8000oz means bulk sampling and stockpiling and inferred au, not 'processing'.

Any thoughts?

They mention the 8000oz over the next 2 years,I did work out at the time when full production would have to come on line,I think it was around march next year.

steveb
29-07-2019, 03:35 PM
In answer to the question about people buying at 0.8 it might be because the Minimum purchase is 1000$ so these might be small purchase by way of sharesies. I would sell my holding at 0.8 if I could and even 0.7 is tempting.
Yes agree I sold 2 mil shares at .007 and used the funds to take up the SPP.I suppose if this newish SPP is oversubscribed you could end up with a lot less than you wanted.

Brain
29-07-2019, 05:42 PM
Yes agree I sold 2 mil shares at .007 and used the funds to take up the SPP.I suppose if this newish SPP is oversubscribed you could end up with a lot less than you wanted.
Yes that’s the risk. I equivocate on the .007 but at .008 it is more than tempting.
Matt Hill needs to tell us at what point he will be giving us our money back. Probably there is no risk of this happening but then again there is always a chance that someone wants to buy a significant stake.

Rosco
29-07-2019, 09:13 PM
These were the first shares I ever purchased back in 2013 i think. Hurts me to say it as I used to be really passionate about this company but the whole thing just seems more like some sort of project to mine bank accounts after seeing the same old cycle time after time, year after year.

News announcement > cap raise > news announcement > cap raise > news announcement > cap raise.

Baa_Baa
29-07-2019, 09:26 PM
These were the first shares I ever purchased back in 2013 i think. Hurts me to say it as I used to be really passionate about this company but the whole thing just seems like some sort of scam after seeing the same old cycle time after time, year after year.

News announcement > cap raise > news announcement > cap raise > news announcement > cap raise.

Finally someone is honest. Thanks for sharing, this ponzi is a disgrace.

blackcap
29-07-2019, 09:37 PM
These were the first shares I ever purchased back in 2013 i think. Hurts me to say it as I used to be really passionate about this company but the whole thing just seems more like some sort of project to mine bank accounts after seeing the same old cycle time after time, year after year.

You forgot the name change bit after 3-4 raises.... :)

Yoda
29-07-2019, 09:44 PM
And the price rise after the cap raise, where you can trade and buy lower.....or run.

suse
30-07-2019, 09:07 AM
Have to say i'll be out at the first whiff of an uptick in price and will take a loss. I got sucked in by hype and did NOT do any research at all so I have no one to blame but myself. I have been sucked in by both gold and diamonds now, I hang my head in shame.

whatsup
30-07-2019, 02:47 PM
Just a reminder, Last day today for Full and Final SPP ( until the next one --NOT ) , imo once this is bedded down and out of the way we should be off to the races:

Permits are issued and in order.
Gold is there and ready to mine.
Crew is there and ready to start ( restart ) .
Money is committed and banked.

What else do we need in order for this to be a fantastic success ?

YoungBuck
30-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Hi Whatsup

Isn’t the cutoff 30th of August for Shortfall offer?

steveb
30-07-2019, 02:54 PM
Just a reminder, Last day today for Full and Final SPP ( until the next one --NOT ) , imo once this is bedded down and out of the way we should be off to the races:

Permits are issued and in order.
Gold is there and ready to mine.
Crew is there and ready to start ( restart ) .
Money is committed and banked.

What else do we need in order for this to be a fantastic success ?
Might be getting a little ahead of yourself whatsup its the end of next month:-
Alternatively, the form and cheque can be mailed to the address on the attached form and must be received no later than 5pm NZT on the 30th August 2019.

whatsup
30-07-2019, 03:12 PM
Might be getting a little ahead of yourself whatsup its the end of next month:-
Alternatively, the form and cheque can be mailed to the address on the attached form and must be received no later than 5pm NZT on the 30th August 2019.

oly shi! I have why the long lead in , I sent mine yesterday !!

Still what is there to stop the starting ( restarting ? )

haewai
30-07-2019, 04:06 PM
oly shi! I have why the long lead in , I sent mine yesterday !!

Doesn't seem like yesterday to me... This SPP will have taken three months to complete by the time the unquantified shortfall shares have been allocated.

Lion
30-07-2019, 05:37 PM
NTL hasn't traded on the ASX at all yesterday, nor today (so far) (- No, none all day).
Quite a few went through y/day on the NZX - 7m was it?
Then today, 5.7m traded, but 5m of that was in the first 8 seconds of trading, and then 657,222 at 11:09, then no more at all. (I got this data from Stockness Monster https://stocknessmonster.com/quotes/ntl.nzx/)

Does this mean anything? Well, I'll speculate, even though the situation is not very rational just now (nor usually, I suppose)
The Aussies mostly can't participate in this extended SPP (someone called it a new SPP) so aren't interested in selling at 0.7 or 0.8c to buy more. Hence no trading there.

In NZ, there was rush of sellers y/day and early this morning who either want to buy more in the SPP or who are disillusioned and just want out altogether. But now it seems the frantic trading has stopped.

As I've said before here, I'm an optimist, and I hope that panicking or desperate sellers have now dried up.

OK, I'll stick my neck out with more speculation - that there will be quite a standoff with not much trading until the end of August, when the price will increase, especially if there's some lovely shiny gold to show.

P.S. This much, at least, is rational, that the SP won't rise above 0.7 till September, while anyone can buy at 0.6875c
But what if they show us a shiny lump of gold and people flock to the SPP?? If the 15% limit is correct, then applications will have to be scaled back, won't they?

Aarrgghh
30-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Honest question from what might be a rhetorical question.

What actually is the current state of play with this company?

They appear to have a pilot plant to test an experimental way of purifying ore before it can be further processed. Do the Resourse Consents and permits just cover this pilot plant or does it cover a full scale plant as well? I see they are hoping to produce a small amount of bullion if the pilot plant is successful but I can't see anywhere where they state the expected revenue from this? Will it make money or is it just a test process? Who is extracting the gold from the purified ore? How much does this cost? How much money is required to build the full scale plant? When are they expecting to start building the full scale plant and are they expecting another share placement at this time to cover the costs of doing so? How long will it take to build a full scale plant assuming the experimental plant is successful?

Lion
30-07-2019, 06:54 PM
about Matt Hill:

I don't know a great deal about him, but he does have a pretty good record of directorships in many companies.

There's been a bit of critical comment about him recently on this thread. His $400k salary does seem high.

But I'd just like to say that he has considerable 'skin in the game'.

He's listed as number 4 in the top 20 shareholders of NTL with about 42 million shares, or 2.03% of all shares.

Then there's HILL FAMILY GROUP PTY LIMITED at number 10 with 28,096,507 shares or 1.35%
I'm not sure if this is Matthew's family or not.

But either way, I'd say Matthew's interests are pretty well aligned with the rest of us 'ordinary' shareholders.

moimoi
30-07-2019, 06:57 PM
@Lion,

In terms of his "skin in the game"...

What % of his shares have been purchased "on market"?

Lion
30-07-2019, 07:23 PM
@Lion,

In terms of his "skin in the game"...

What % of his shares have been purchased "on market"?

OK, I don't know that, but does it matter much? He still wants NTL to do well, and for the SP to rise.

P.S. I doubt that all his shares would have been given to him. But I don't know. Do you?

Rosco
30-07-2019, 08:17 PM
It does leave a sour taste in your mouth considering the collection plate is out every year.

Baa_Baa
30-07-2019, 09:12 PM
It does leave a sour taste in your mouth considering the collection plate is out every year.

Is it 18 or 19 years now that this has been going on? If you like gold, there's heaps of producing mines making profits and paying dividends that you can invest in, especially as the POG goes up. If you prefer explorers, there are many better options than NTL who have proven their exploration skills. If you want a lotto ticket in a NZ explorer that has a history of funding its insider lifestyles, NTL is the only choice.

BING, sorry, not a winning lotto ticket. How many times have you heard that? What does it take to convince that NTL is no more than a wild stab in the dark that you'll ever get your money back, while being diluted into oblivion, let alone winning the lottery? If it's not, why put your money in now and suffer opportunity cost when you can get in later on proven resources and ability to get it processed, sold and profitability?

I'd rather have nothing to do with NTL until it was producing gold profitably, then I would pay 10x the current price to get on board and ride the sentiment, rather than park my capital in a terminally underperforming and underfunded explorer waiting for the possibility that one day, just one day, it paid off.

This is gambling, it is not investing. Look inside yourselves, ask the question "am I investing in a asset that will return to me a decent income or more than my capital invested, or am I taking a wild punt on something that has serially underperformed for decades" ... then ask, "why am I doing this now, why am I committing good money to a punt when I could be making a 10 bagger elsewhere", or buying an earner that eventually pays back my entire investment capital just on dividends returned.

Honestly, NTL is an absolute dog investment. If it ever makes money people like me will be all over it like a rash and we'll be the ones making the money, not those who stumped up the lifestyle expenses of the insiders, got diluted into oblivion and who sadly eventually lost the faith and sold out at a loss, disillusioned and despondent.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be mean and burst your bubbles but there are a ton of better places to make money in gold stocks (and other stocks) and a lot of very smart investors who can wait patiently and move on an explorer that by some twist of good luck achieves the motherload profitably.

We don't need to park our money in a cash consuming shell that funds the lifestyles of the insiders in the hope it might one day come right.

Baa_Baa
30-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Here's a lesson for you. One company (on the ASX) that I put a $1000 punt into, it was a lot like NTL with many years of disappointment but "great future prospects", and a few Billion shares on issue.

Well, when push came to shove they consolidated at 400:1 shares (think about that), shafted the company, relisted into their own shell as a new company and I was left with about $50 bucks invested and f'all shares. I still own them just as a reminder about how cunning these foxes are at preserving their lifestyle and their income.

If it's any consolation, that company still hasn't found the motherload or made any money. My shares are worthless but it is a lesson on what can happen to you when there's a few billon shares on issue (many years of dilution) and how clever the owners can be in preserving their income, by mining their shareholders.

NTL is a perfect setup for shafting their investors, whether or not they find any gold and start producing. Be warned, it's not about you getting wealthy, it's all about them.

SilverBack
30-07-2019, 11:55 PM
Is it 18 or 19 years now that this has been going on? If you like gold, there's heaps of producing mines making profits and paying dividends that you can invest in, especially as the POG goes up. If you prefer explorers, there are many better options than NTL who have proven their exploration skills. If you want a lotto ticket in a NZ explorer that has a history of funding its insider lifestyles, NTL is the only choice.

BING, sorry, not a winning lotto ticket. How many times have you heard that? What does it take to convince that NTL is no more than a wild stab in the dark that you'll ever get your money back, while being diluted into oblivion, let alone winning the lottery? If it's not, why put your money in now and suffer opportunity cost when you can get in later on proven resources and ability to get it processed, sold and profitability?

I'd rather have nothing to do with NTL until it was producing gold profitably, then I would pay 10x the current price to get on board and ride the sentiment, rather than park my capital in a terminally underperforming and underfunded explorer waiting for the possibility that one day, just one day, it paid off.

This is gambling, it is not investing. Look inside yourselves, ask the question "am I investing in a asset that will return to me a decent income or more than my capital invested, or am I taking a wild punt on something that has serially underperformed for decades" ... then ask, "why am I doing this now, why am I committing good money to a punt when I could be making a 10 bagger elsewhere", or buying an earner that eventually pays back my entire investment capital just on dividends returned.

Honestly, NTL is an absolute dog investment. If it ever makes money people like me will be all over it like a rash and we'll be the ones making the money, not those who stumped up the lifestyle expenses of the insiders, got diluted into oblivion and who sadly eventually lost the faith and sold out at a loss, disillusioned and despondent.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be mean and burst your bubbles but there are a ton of better places to make money in gold stocks (and other stocks) and a lot of very smart investors who can wait patiently and move on an explorer that by some twist of good luck achieves the motherload profitably.

We don't need to park our money in a cash consuming shell that funds the lifestyles of the insiders in the hope it might one day come right.

I completely agree Baa that there are many more gold explorers with better prospects than NTL but you will have to go offshore to buy them. Even Oceana Gold Corp (a 500Koz producer) which has two major mines in NZ is listed in ASX and TSX but not on the NZX.
Having said that, I was fortunate enough to buy into NTL previously at 0.5c and sold out out at 3c. As a result I became familiar with NTL's prospects. Along the way I invested in a range of gold explorers and producers on the ASX and learned about gold companies. As a result, I decided that I had good timing with NTL but that as a gold prospect it was very limited. I have continued to be a successful investor on the ASX gold market but have no reason to change my opinion on NTL and have not re-invested at all.
I accept that NTL has gold and that it is high yielding. However, they are only allowed to mine a very small amount while their newer areas of exploration are unlikely to achieve all the mining/environmental permits so long as the Labour-Green coalition is in power. The extraction restriction imposed through the Hauraki District Council on the Talisman mine stymies NTL from any decent production.
The slow progress by NTL in the past couple of years can be explained by the limited extraction rate and hence gold output that can be achieved. Nevertheless, why invest in a snail when you could invest in a tyranosaurus rex on the ASX and take advantage of the recent increase in the gold price.

YoungBuck
31-07-2019, 12:09 AM
Hi Baa Baa

How is a share consolidation a bad thing? Doesn’t it just mean that the shares get divided and the price goes up by an equivalent multiplication?

I have no experience with a share consolidation..

Aarrgghh
31-07-2019, 02:26 AM
Look I enjoy a good rant as much as the next guy, but does anyone have any facts and figures about this dog as it is currently?

Why am I interested?

A rising tide floats all ships, and even planks of rotten wood.

And investing too much in the ASX becomes a tax nightmare.

Clints
31-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Just one more comment re MH salary and skin in the game. His 42,000,000 shares are worth $294,000 (at current share price) so this is reimbursed to him roughly every 9 months in salary (before tax)

Landyman
31-07-2019, 09:46 AM
I think every SH would be happy if Matt Hill cut his cash salary in half and received the remiander in shares - more skin in the game for him. $400k is a very good salary!!!

bucko
31-07-2019, 09:54 AM
$400k in a company that doesn't even generate revenue let alone profit..

If he had ONLY been paying himself $200k p.a. the last few years we might not have need this cap raise

psychic
31-07-2019, 10:36 AM
$400k in a company that doesn't even generate revenue let alone profit..

If he had ONLY been paying himself $200k p.a. the last few years we might not have need this cap raise

Doesn't seem to have considered it worthwhile poking any of that remuneration back into the recent issue either. No SH notices from any of the large holders.

Lion
31-07-2019, 05:52 PM
Trading patterns, continued:

Again, no trading on ASX.
Again, only early trading on NZX (2.73m, all at 1 second to 10 am)

I wonder what it means, if anything.
I'd guess it's a seller from overseas who lodges an order, during our night, their day, for all or most of the shares they can sell at 0.7c

Quarterly reports are out. They say gold will be on view at the AGM in September. :t_up:

blackcap
31-07-2019, 06:34 PM
Anyone catch the fineprint:

The company has received notification from the Department of Conservation that access to the Rahu permit area would unable to be granted due to Iwi treaty settlement discussions. The board is reviewing its options with regard to Rahu.

Lion
31-07-2019, 07:31 PM
Anyone catch the fineprint:

The company has received notification from the Department of Conservation that access to the Rahu permit area would unable to be granted due to Iwi treaty settlement discussions. The board is reviewing its options with regard to Rahu.

Yes, I sure noticed that, blackcap. Not good, is it? Rahu is an important part of future plans.
"Unable to be granted" sounds pretty definite, but then "Iwi treaty settlement discussions" sounds like there may be some negotiation possible.

Let's hope our $400k p.a. CEO can negotiate in the company's favour.

Looking forward to a happy September, when capital raising is (hopefully!) finished and there's real, shiny gold to be seen at the AGM.

chippy52
01-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Had noticed also, But my take is that they are unable to grant permit untill treaty settlement has taken place.

Paint it Black
01-08-2019, 11:30 AM
Had noticed also, But my take is that they are unable to grant permit untill treaty settlement has taken place.

Yes also noted - not sure how much DD was done by NTL before buying into Rahu? The area has had rigs over it in the past and nothing was raised then. Do the iwi also own the gold beneath? I'm reconciling myself that current work beneath the mountain is the first priority and will provide the profits and time to see Rahu settled and become available again.

steveb
01-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know how much they paid for rahu?I have never seen aything in the financial statements,I'm wondering if it was one of those $1.00 deals!

Brain
01-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Rahu was a confidential settlement. I asked the question some time ago presumably it is still confidential. Hidden in the accounts somewhere.

chippy52
01-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Yes also noted - not sure how much DD was done by NTL before buying into Rahu? The area has had rigs over it in the past and nothing was raised then. Do the iwi also own the gold beneath? I'm reconciling myself that current work beneath the mountain is the first priority and will provide the profits and time to see Rahu settled and become available again.

I found this in a 2015 activities report. Perhaps they have this under control.

Iwi consultation

Discussions were undertaken with a local official Iwi representative during the period. The official
advised NTL that the Iwi they represented were not opposed to mining per se but needed to be
kept abreast of our plans and work programme in order to clearly understand the impacts of any
mining which may be undertaken by the company. We will continue to work closely with local Iwi to
ensure they are aware of the work being carried out at the Talisman mine and plans for future
developments.

RTM
01-08-2019, 04:47 PM
I found this in a 2015 activities report. Perhaps they have this under control.

Iwi consultation

Discussions were undertaken with a local official Iwi representative during the period. The official
advised NTL that the Iwi they represented were not opposed to mining per se but needed to be
kept abreast of our plans and work programme in order to clearly understand the impacts of any
mining which may be undertaken by the company. We will continue to work closely with local Iwi to
ensure they are aware of the work being carried out at the Talisman mine and plans for future
developments.

I think Fletchers thought they were all set to go as well...….
Sad.

bucko
02-08-2019, 07:04 AM
I think Fletchers thought they were all set to go as well...….
Sad.

I agree, I think it's the smart move not to bring any of this into the political headlights...who knows what could happen in the year of delivery

Bluemanarc
02-08-2019, 08:59 AM
Its not rocket science they want their cut as usual, nothing new there, Rahu is many years into the future.
The current mine, getting gold from the high grade ore processing plant, gearing up for the full plant, and then turning attentions to "The Deeps" or whatever it is called, where we know there is mega gold.
Will be enough to keep us going for the next 20 years.
Rahu is 25 to 30 years away, anyone could be in government as Fred Winstone and Barney Jones Rubble will be dead and in jail convicted of fraud respectively, and Jacinda a blot on the political landscape crushed by Luxon 2023.

Stumpynuts
02-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Its not rocket science they want their cut as usual, nothing new there, Rahu is many years into the future.

It would be great PR if Iwi and NTL came to an agreement by giving them first rights of refusal work tenders, or apprenticeships to help local iwi members with unemployment etc.
Mutually beneficial having Iwi on your side, slows down the PK-tards.

Previously when NTL got non-notified approval from HDC re: water quality impact there was a press release from NTL&HDC that stated that a iwi representative was informed, went to visit NTL/Karangahape area and the iwi representative then determined that there would be next to no environmental impact.
PK tried to challenge that legally to slow down progress but I suspect they withdrew it eventually because their claims would have been opposite of what was determined by Iwi/HDC.

whatsup
02-08-2019, 10:45 AM
gold atm US$1442 = NZ $ 2168 !!

whatsup
05-08-2019, 05:01 PM
I cannot understand why there is such strong buying @ .008 ATM when S Hers can buy into the SPP @ .006785 plus 1 loyalty share, are all of these purchasers new S Hers buying into the NTL story ?

Number8
05-08-2019, 06:19 PM
With the 'Bonus' shares that are realized after 12months, as long as you are a current shareholder with any amount of shares, you will get the bonus shares? Or do you have to keep all shares purchased through the SPP to gain the bonus?

Lion
05-08-2019, 06:38 PM
whatsup - as I understand it, this extended SPP is open to anyone.
So that makes it even more mystifying why anyone is paying 0.7c let alone 0.8
Counting free bonus shares in a year, the effective price of new shares under the SPP is only 0.573c
I wonder when we'll hear how much new money has come in under this extended SPP? Probably early September.
And I also wonder what will happen if the total new money from the SPP exceeds the 15% cap allowed as new shares. (If that is indeed the cap. No-one seems quite sure on that, but there must be some limit).

I'm impatient for September (end of SPP) and first gold.

P.S. Blue Horseshoe, I'm sure you are correct. That's a (small) positive sign, isn't it??

P.P.S. Price of gold still increasing, because of US/China trade tensions NZ$2,236.19

+24.96
+1.13%

Blue Horseshoe
05-08-2019, 06:51 PM
The buying might be coming from overseas investers not eligible to participate in the SPP.

Mbro
05-08-2019, 10:05 PM
$400k is too much for Mr Hill with a board and administrative staff more numerous than people with gumboots on

And things are getting worse not better.
this has not been as glittering as I had hoped, it looked smooooth two years ago. i bought it because of big assays, consent, and NZ buffer.
Not enough going for it to not lose more money, and it looks more likely every day.
shares are so worthless I may keep them, to be proven wrong, ha ha

Mbro
05-08-2019, 10:20 PM
Remember, the board willfully, or ignorantly, destroyed the value of options we held, by doing another capital raising a while ago ( 2017) . They got less than the options would have raised, shares fell from near three cents to who knows. and all my options became worthless.
no one has explained why they did it. Maybe someone can?

Bluemanarc
06-08-2019, 08:26 AM
I cannot understand why there is such strong buying @ .008 ATM when S Hers can buy into the SPP @ .006785 plus 1 loyalty share, are all of these purchasers new S Hers buying into the NTL story ?

Wasn't there around 75 people buying tiny amounts of shares, weird that all those buyers bought on same day, maybe they have a certain time to fullfill a purchase under the free system that they are using, and maybe they cant be bothered to fill in a form and send it off to buy $250 bucks of shares for the chance to be able to buy at that discounted price.
Maybe they don't know they can buy shares direct from company, if they didn't read all the company notices, or perhaps they feel that their chances of getting those shares is too low as its over subscribed.

Yep, really weird, but if the shareholders now have possibly up to 300 or 500 new shareholders who have tiny allocations of shares, when they see SP going up, that may trigger more higher value investment in the SP which could snowball.

The .008c purchase amounts are so small its probably just schools doing some project on the share market.

Brain
06-08-2019, 08:52 AM
Minimum purchase for the SPP is 1000$

whatsup
06-08-2019, 09:10 AM
Gold at 6 year high $1465 U S or $2250 approx. per oz . great if they have that mini pilot plant working.

Paint it Black
08-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Gold at 6 year high $1465 U S or $2250 approx. per oz . great if they have that mini pilot plant working.

POG through the $1500/oz overnight and the unexpected OCR reduction has lowered the $NZ therefore let's make some hay with the pilot plant.

whatsup
08-08-2019, 11:34 AM
$23 + / oz Kiwi, where is our gold production when you need it .

Ltw
08-08-2019, 03:02 PM
Think the Gold Price will continue to incress for some time yet. We might even see it over $3000/oz by years end.

haewai
08-08-2019, 04:02 PM
Better hope the pilot plant, which won't have finished test work until next month, meets the tests. If it doesn't then where will NTL be?

One thing that has always bothered me; I understand the need for an environmentally careful plant, but why does this one need to be so completely novel? While I know very little about mining, I'm surprised NTL couldn't just use something already used elsewhere that meets those environmental impact requirements and accordingly de-risk and speed up revenue collection. Perhaps there isn't such a thing. Just some thoughts that I'm better to direct to the company I expect.

whatsup
09-08-2019, 11:48 AM
Steady buying again today 5 mil @ .008 bought, once the clutter ( SPP ) is out of the way come 30 Aug this share will be rerated imo what with the POG above $1500 US = $2300 + Kiwi atm .

Bluemanarc
09-08-2019, 01:29 PM
Yeah whatsup exactly my man, there is clearly insecurity around how many shares you can buy in the deal ending August, or these turkeys wouldn't be gobbling them down at the market.

steveb
09-08-2019, 02:26 PM
Yeah whatsup exactly my man, there is clearly insecurity around how many shares you can buy in the deal ending August, or these turkeys wouldn't be gobbling them down at the market.
Agree there seems to be this 15% max bandied around,they say this is part of the same SPP,it makes no sense to me that the company has not clarified this,and advised what % was sold in the 1st and 2nd part of this SPP and what is available in the 3rd part.

If we don't hear soon,I will drop them an email,as I could do with another couple of mill,but don't want to be scaled back

whatsup
13-08-2019, 10:52 AM
I cannot wait until the end of the month and with all of the SPP schanagions are out of the way so we can get back to a more orderly existence , with the POG well over $1500 /oz us we should be trading at a much higher price than we are now considering there should nothing to hold us at these levels.

dubya
13-08-2019, 11:00 AM
I'm still waiting to see an SPH notice for Mr Hill or any of the other directors to show that they participated in the SPP. Mmmmn

whatsup
13-08-2019, 11:04 AM
I'm still waiting to see an SPH notice for Mr Hill or any of the other directors to show that they participated in the SPP. Mmmmn

I bet that they would have, money for jam especially with the 2020 free share and now the POG !

haewai
13-08-2019, 11:28 AM
I bet that they would have, money for jam especially with the 2020 free share and now the POG !

The current price of gold is irrelevant if NTL isn't allowed to remove ore in any serious volume or able to process it.

whatsup
13-08-2019, 11:56 AM
The current price of gold is irrelevant if NTL isn't allowed to remove ore in any serious volume or able to process it.

As I understand all permits have been issued for that to happen.

haewai
13-08-2019, 01:09 PM
No.
From the last quarterly:
- Work continues on the resource consent application for full mining. It is expected that this application will be lodged in the next half year to allow sufficient time for processing to ensure continuity of the operation on completion of the bulk sampling programme.

swissboy
13-08-2019, 01:48 PM
Why would someone sell or buy $20 of shares and the price drops by 14.5%

Ltw
13-08-2019, 03:03 PM
That would be the sharese effect mate.
With the introduction of that and the completion of the SPP last month it would have been very interesting on where the share price would have been today. i would think the volumes we are seeing moving at the moment are from sharese investors buying and i don't think they get the notifications on the NZX so would have no idea of whats going on in the back ground.

steveb
13-08-2019, 03:26 PM
No.
From the last quarterly:
- Work continues on the resource consent application for full mining. It is expected that this application will be lodged in the next half year to allow sufficient time for processing to ensure continuity of the operation on completion of the bulk sampling programme.
They have resource consent to remove 20000 cubic mtrs of ore a year,which will be trucked out of the mine and treated as per most ordinary mines.The pilot plant is the basis for the new plant which will require new consents,which is what the company is referring to.