PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New Talisman Mine - New board & Directors

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Landyman
05-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Im not so sure about that moosie.

Looking at SPP's its about what one would expect % wise in dollar terms anything above 15% is solid. Cant blame anyone but us punters now if they go slow to keep chugging along in the downturn.

Landyman (do you know this stock at all? havnet seen you on the thread ) dont think it will cost that much to change the powerpoint cover to the oracle boat...:)

I know this stock all too well, and am a constant follower of the thread having got in at the initial permit time, almost 4 years ago now - back then sp was twice what it is now and the HGD talk was about a lift to 10c sadly it peaked at about 6.6c in the morning then came thumping down by lunch time.

The key fundamentals seem to be there for NTL (and before that HGD), just need to get things moving. Financial, debt is cheaper than equity, so why cant they find a bank to give them a decent loan, get things moving, especially with interest rates so low.

Dej
06-10-2013, 10:14 AM
I know this stock all too well, and am a constant follower of the thread having got in at the initial permit time, almost 4 years ago now - back then sp was twice what it is now and the HGD talk was about a lift to 10c sadly it peaked at about 6.6c in the morning then came thumping down by lunch time.

Lets hope it breaks those highs early next year when they start producing!

digger
06-10-2013, 11:19 AM
Lets hope it breaks those highs early next year when they start producing!

I picked up my full quota but will now do nothing more until we see results. Obviously I like NTL prospects but they have to get it together. Hope it is not just Horison reincarnated

bullish
08-10-2013, 08:24 AM
35,000,000 shares at 1 cent equates to all the shares traded for the last 6 or maybe 12 months.

Relative to overall trading, isn't it a half decent result?

Totally agree Robbo. The great thing I see is finally this stock is supported by NZ investors. Being a NZ company the SPP results show the backing which to me illustrates a huge shift.

Look at every raising they did in last 12 months some underwritten by Cannacord some placed by Cannacord. While no others in NZ or for that matter Aus of the junior microcaps were able to 1) raise the total amount during a gold downturn with a multinational broker 2) maintain the issue price after issues, 3) complete all the work they have in last 12 months.

Well none I could find happy to be proved incorrect.

Landy, Griffin and the almighty blackcap show me a microcap junior with same market cap in gold transitioning to developer that has achieved the above......

bullish
08-10-2013, 08:40 AM
If NTL Management can negotiate a sizable institutional placement at 1.1c or above then I'll be more relaxed that institutions also see value in investing in this digger.

If what's agreed is at 1c or lower then that would be a bad sign, and I'll be exiting sooner rather than later.

BC

Bobcat I think there are restrictions in placing SPP shortfalls at different prices. Anyone know about this ? Moosie El Z??

blackcap
08-10-2013, 08:53 AM
Landy, Griffin and the almighty blackcap show me a microcap junior with same market cap in gold transitioning to developer that has achieved the above......

Thats going a bit far bullish :) but as a compliment I shall accept it :P. Um yes look they have done this so far but I will be convinced once they actually start pulling the stuff out of the ground. Like I said before, till now the company has been full of rhetoric and low on substance. I do hope they can change that and hope new people on board are different but it would be a shame to see your money being used to pay for executive fees and salaries.

Dej
14-10-2013, 03:06 PM
No institutional placement yet!!

But still less of a bed-wetter stock than DIL

lol ;)

Dej
14-10-2013, 04:33 PM
All it takes is a jump to 2 cents to more than get all my losses back! PoG ain't looking too good again though!

All your DIL loses or or your losses on NTL? :confused:

Dej
14-10-2013, 04:34 PM
All it takes is a jump to 2 cents to more than get all my losses back! PoG ain't looking too good again though!

And remember, NTL doesn't react to the price of gold! Well, yet. Will consider the price of gold once they start producing. I realize though that it will have an affect on how fast an institution would just at the chance of getting some NTL.

Dej
14-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Haven't lost anything on NTL at all; in fact made significant gains selling a bit and buying again when it dipped!

DIL? A whole nother kettle of stinky fish...

I missed the NTL boat both times :(

Got the OXX and AHZ boats though :t_up:

NTL is in my personal interest stock collection anyways, not many times you get to be apart of a gold mine literally from start to finish (hopefully we actually start though! LOL)

Dej
14-10-2013, 04:48 PM
Haha yeah truly. The key to knowing when a stock is going to go up and stay up is a) the parabolic nature of the raise and b) the volume. If it has little volume over a few days, she's headed back down. Luckily I've been able to see this with both BLT and NTL (twice!) and acted accordingly. Hopefully it's third time lucky for her ;)

NTL will stay up eventually... probably would still be higher that 1.5 now if the SPP wasn't released minutes later lol But had to be done. Hows MajorMinor these days?

Within a deep cave...

Minerbarejet
14-10-2013, 05:31 PM
Du fond de la grotte,
Alls well here now the school horrordays are over and I can get into more gold, snacks and sandalwood. Starting to sound a bit like Cargoes or the second coming.
Sorry, its dark in here

digger
15-10-2013, 11:26 AM
No institutional placement yet!!

But still less of a bed-wetter stock than DIL

lol ;)

I would not expect any placement in these trouble times. The world and the Americans in particular will have to first sort out the debt problem. Otherwise tooooo much uncertainty.

digger
15-10-2013, 12:52 PM
$1M ain't too much to ask for when other gold miners have much, much higher costs and massively lower grades in a time of cost-cutting and falling PoG. If I had a spare mil I'd be in with a grin! Boutique mining with huge grades and low costs, other ventures with even bigger grades, all with a possible takeover at some point in the future. How could you say no?

Moosie from your reasoning I gather you are a lot younger than me. I am 72 and often feel I have seen it all before. So I would like to introduce you to what your fellow investing human being is like. He or she is mostly irrational,fear ridden and impulsive crowd following etc,etc. Your post assumes that logic and hard facts are all that is required.
On a good day has it ever occurred to you how different the world would be if your logic and unemotional figures ruled the day instead of generally coming in last in the equation.
There will be no placement until the money fears are sorted out.At the moment we do not know which way is up.

digger
15-10-2013, 02:08 PM
And, oh yes, I am a mere 27 ;)

well we have something in common for this year as we share the same digits.

Minerbarejet
15-10-2013, 02:24 PM
A lot will depend on which way you look at it. :)
At 27 72 seems an eternity away
At 72 27 seems like a couple of months ago.
And the gold will still be there when Moosie is 72
Hopefully NTL will have removed quite a bit of it by then.
The sooner the better.

Landyman
21-10-2013, 12:27 AM
A lot will depend on which way you look at it. :)
At 27 72 seems an eternity away
At 72 27 seems like a couple of months ago.
And the gold will still be there when Moosie is 72
Hopefully NTL will have removed quite a bit of it by then.
The sooner the better.

Question is, will it be worth 2.7c, 7.2c, or do I say it..........27c v 72c. GO NTL, break out the shovels, on sale at Warehouse at moment.

Dej
21-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Question is, will it be worth 2.7c, 7.2c, or do I say it..........27c v 72c. GO NTL, break out the shovels, on sale at Warehouse at moment.

you say this the day 0.9 is hit :p

Minerbarejet
21-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Take your pick:D

Landyman
22-10-2013, 10:03 AM
you say this the day 0.9 is hit :p

Im ok with the 0.9 as I was the one buying - now everyone else trying to get on the bandwagon. I missed the due date for the SPP, so trying to resolve some dilution problems.

bullish
23-10-2013, 12:57 AM
There will be no placement until the money fears are sorted out.At the moment we do not know which way is up.

If you look at this company it raised 500k when gold imploded 1.5m when it was troubling times, just put away a good result on SPP and from what I've seen im the last 18 months regarding their cp program they have have been backed each time by Canaccord. Hardly an easy feat to get a underwriting out of for under 10m let alone a Jnr NZ mining stock.

I love it when these gents go silent ....

Dej
24-10-2013, 08:02 AM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/9316591/Trees-point-to-gold-deposits

Maybe they are looking into alternative methods to getting gold out of the ground?

Landyman
24-10-2013, 05:06 PM
News on the way? - 2 ambitious sellers at 5c plus.

Blue Horseshoe
24-10-2013, 05:22 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/9316591/Trees-point-to-gold-deposits

Maybe they are looking into alternative methods to getting gold out of the ground?

I better look at the bottom of my fireplace there might be a gold bar there.

digger
24-10-2013, 06:08 PM
I better look at the bottom of my fireplace there might be a gold bar there.

That is not how I read it. Gold would only be in your ashes if you burned leaves and the tips of branches,which is probably why this as never been spotted before as usually only heart wood is burned.
I find this piece interesting as there is an old belief that gold can be found where apircots grow well.A sort of belief that some fruits grow best when gold is in the soil.
Also there is a news release today on CNN science that gold is fromed when netron stars collide. Got any of those stars in your back yard?

Minerbarejet
24-10-2013, 06:21 PM
That is not how I read it. Gold would only be in your ashes if you burned leaves and the tips of branches,which is probably why this as never been spotted before as usually only heart wood is burned.
I find this piece interesting as there is an old belief that gold can be found where apircots grow well.A sort of belief that some fruits grow best when gold is in the soil.
Also there is a news release today on CNN science that gold is fromed when netron stars collide. Got any of those stars in your back yard?Is that why apricots grow well in Otago? There is plenty of gold from other Otago things at the moment, PEB for one. Might be a long wait for neutron stars though.

Dej
24-10-2013, 07:00 PM
News on the way? - 2 ambitious sellers at 5c plus.

Hopefully they will be filled soon :eek2:

Still barely traded this stock, bottom draw for now.

bucko
30-10-2013, 10:53 AM
ummm I think someone is going to be waiting a wee while to sell 8,000 at 49 cents haha Im expecting around another 12 months before seeing any serious movement with this stock....think i might go on holiday again in the mean time

Landyman
30-10-2013, 07:51 PM
ummm I think someone is going to be waiting a wee while to sell 8,000 at 49 cents haha Im expecting around another 12 months before seeing any serious movement with this stock....think i might go on holiday again in the mean time

WOuld that make it a 49 bagger?

Minerbarejet
30-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Maybe its miner 49er and clementine:)

Dej
30-10-2013, 09:35 PM
If it hit 49, none of us would be complaining!

bucko
31-10-2013, 08:00 AM
yeh i'd be thrilled with only a 10 bagger! if the company is expecting to start production in the first half of FY'14 then i'd expect the big movement in price to happen around september when they would release the end of quarter results

been pretty quiet on the news front for a bit now though so hopefully something gets announced before the end of the year...give us a little christmas present ;)

Dej
31-10-2013, 10:18 AM
yeh i'd be thrilled with only a 10 bagger! if the company is expecting to start production in the first half of FY'14 then i'd expect the big movement in price to happen around september when they would release the end of quarter results

been pretty quiet on the news front for a bit now though so hopefully something gets announced before the end of the year...give us a little christmas present ;)

If they come out that they are producing early next year, I would say we would see a bit of a spike in SP then, and we would probably finally see a proper hold above 2c. But wouldnt expect much more until results are released.

If they are as good as the prefeas says, then I would say we are in for a winner!

Minerbarejet
31-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Heads up - announcement.

robbo24
31-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Heads up - announcement.

HEAR YE HEAR YE:

10:14am, 31 Oct 2013 | QUARTERANNOUNCEMENT BY NEW TALISMAN GOLD MINES LIMITED [ASX, NZSX: NTL]
FOR PUBLIC RELEASE
Quarterly Activities Report to 30th September 2013
New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (NTL) is pleased to present the quarterly report on activities for the period ended 30th September 2013.
HIGHLIGHTS
- Completion of further metallurgical testing identified ore samples up to 453g/t gold (14.6 ounces per tonne Au)
- Talisman Mine Maiden Ore reserve for start-up phase contains 28,800 ounces gold and 127,800 ounces silver
- Gap Analysis completed by Hatch Goba
- First gold recovery using non chemical methods
- Share Purchase Plan raises NZ$348,445
- Broken Hill Prospecting Limited update
CORPORATE
A share purchase plan (SPP) was initiated during the period to raise funds at a price of NZ 1 cents per share. The SPP funds are to investigate bulk sampling and trial mining methods and to fund NTL working capital. Following the reporting period the SPP raised NZ$348,445 before expenses.
TALISMAN GOLD PROJECT (100%) – Hauraki District, NZ
Metallurgical Testwork
During the period NTL continued to sample stockpiles at the Talisman mine and these samples contained high gold content ranging to 453g/t gold. NTL will continue to test representative samples of ore stockpiles from the previous Talisman workings.
Gold Recovery
Continuing metallurgical test work is investigating a suitable floatation and gravity recovery method for extracting gold from ore and stockpile samples. The company tested 146 kilograms of fine-ground ore and has produced approximately 3 ounces of gold and silver. Additional concentrates will be used for planned test work to evaluate the most effective gold recovery using a variety of methods during the bulk sampling evaluation work.
“Executive Director Matthew Hill said “the continuing metallurgical test work at Talisman is very encouraging given some of the high grades of the representative samples tested by SGS. We will continue to test further ore as we initiate bulk sampling. Coupled with this, the work carried out by our technical team on potential extraction methods has given us a greater understanding of the options for the most efficient metallurgical extraction route as we proceed toward production”.
Maiden Ore reserve
During the period the Company announced a maiden JORC (2004) compliant Ore Reserve for the Talisman Mine. Ore Reserves at the Talisman gold project, based on an average insitu cut-off grade of 1.7g/t Au, are 82,500 tonnes at 10.8 grams per tonne gold and 48.1 grams per tonne silver. Ore Reserves are derived from and contained within, not additional to, the Measured and Indicated portions of the Mineral Resource. This ore reserve estimate reflects the outcome of the Pre-Feasibility Study conducted on Phase 1 of the Talisman Mine Project, and forms a solid basis for the company to proceed with further project development.
Hatch Goba Gap Analysis completed
During the period a gap analysis on the Pre-Feasibility Study was carried out by Hatch Goba. Based on this analysis NTL are confident that the Pre-Feasibility Study conforms to the requirements of a Technical Study as defined in the joint Ore Reserves Committee Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves 2004 (the JORC (2004) Code).
SUBSIDIARY COMPANY – COROMANDEL GOLD LIMITED (100%) [Not Listed]
Golden Valley Gold Project (100%) - Hauraki District, NZ
During the period all project exploration data was reviewed to aid selection of favourable drilling targets. These are designed to test several gold and silver geochemical anomalies that overlay geophysical and geological anomalies. Target selection will be checked in the field in the December quarter.
Northland Base and Precious Metals Project (100%) - Northland region, NZ
Historical data derived from the recent literature survey is being used to design a ground exploration programme. This will include field verification for planned exploration coverage.
BROKEN HILL PROSPECTING LTD ‘BPL’ (21.7%) – NSW, AUSTRALIA [ASX/NZSX: BPL]
Broken Hill Prospecting Ltd has continued work at the Thackaringa cobalt deposit near Broken Hill, NSW, Australia. The Company has been granted a new exploration license located immediately to the south of the cobalt deposits in EL6622, ML86 and ML87.
Broken Hill Prospecting Ltd is evaluating the potential for a sulphuric acid industry using cobalt-pyrite concentrate from the Company’s deposits as a feed source. Several large, international chemical groups are assessing the business model. The cobalt-rich pyrite deposits are particularly well suited to acid production as they contain negligible deleterious metals, are very large and are well located for cost effective open-cut development.
The Annual General Meeting of Broken Hill Prospecting Limited will be held at Level 14, 52 Phillip Street Sydney Australia on Friday 15th November 2013 at 11:00 am (Sydney time).
MPOKOTO GOLD PROJECT
During the quarter Armadale Capital PLC, a listed AIM company made an offer to acquire up to 90% of the shares in Netcom. Peregrine Corporate, advisers to Armadale Capital, subsequently entered discussions with New Talisman regarding its 12.5% equity position in Netcom and its $250,000 loan. At the end of the quarter the parties were still in discussion.
Matthew Hill
Executive Director
+ 64 9 303 1893

bucko
31-10-2013, 10:34 AM
wow with the Broken Hill development as well it looks like 2014 is going to be a stellar year for NTL!

Toasty
31-10-2013, 10:50 AM
And the share price soars......soars....soa...Come on!

Bobcat.
31-10-2013, 10:55 AM
There's really nothing that I can see in this latest announcement to trigger a bullish run. We'll need to wait until next year it would seem, which is fine for those of us patient enough to wait. I do wonder tho' if the additional $348k raised via its recent SPP will give them enough working capital to see them through to when the revenue arrives - they may need to borrow.

Toasty
31-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Immaterial matey, we already knew this information. "Efficient Market" theory ;)

I guess I was hoping. Everything else in the market seems to rocket upwards when an announcement is made even if its just to say that tea and biscuits are now being served in the lobby. I'm looking at you XRO and PEB and to a lesser extent SUM.

Mining has always traditionally been capital intensive and everything takes a lot longer to happen than the project management timeline indicates. Just happy to watch it unfold.

hilskin
31-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Not sure what their 12.5% is worth but they may get some capital from this sale if it goes through?????

MPOKOTO GOLD PROJECT
During the quarter Armadale Capital PLC, a listed AIM company made an offer to acquire up to 90% of the shares in Netcom. Peregrine Corporate, advisers to Armadale Capital, subsequently entered discussions with New Talisman regarding its 12.5% equity position in Netcom and its $250,000 loan. At the end of the quarter the parties were still in discussion.

cyclist
31-10-2013, 11:43 AM
And the share price soars......soars....soa...Come on!

Hi all. A newby here. First post. I have read this entire thread, and am looking to take a small position at some stage, but I have been procrastinating. I read the above and thought "oh no!", but I see that nothing is happenening. Probably the kick in the pants I need though.

Cheers to all those who have provided analysis on the thread. Much appreciated.

bucko
31-10-2013, 11:45 AM
first time for everything! take the plunge!

Toasty
31-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Hi all. A newby here. First post. I have read this entire thread, and am looking to take a small position at some stage, but I have been procrastinating. I read the above and though "oh no!", but I see that nothing is happenening. Probably the kick in the pants I need though.

Cheers to all those who have provided analysis on the thread. Much appreciated.

Probably a good time to get in. The future looks positive and the price is low. A small holding now could be worth a fair bit if it all comes to pass. Just remember that this is a speculative buy only. Be prepared to see it all go bye bye. Its kind of fun owning a gold mine too.

cyclist
31-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. Definitely aware of the risks. The other big risk with this one seems to be dying of boredom while waiting for something to happen. :p

They seem to be dotting their i's on the JORC reserves. I wonder if they are trying to ensure that larger investors have no excuses left, in preparation for more substantial future announcements.

bullish
31-10-2013, 01:03 PM
If it hit 49, none of us would be complaining!

When it hits 49 none us will be here we will be on majors super boat with inbuilt cave or flying around in moosies jet.

elZorro
01-11-2013, 07:05 AM
From NZResources today:

New Talisman sets reserve for project start up1 November 2013 Durable Coromandel gold explorer New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NZX & ASX: NTL) has established an ore reserve from its resources at the historic Talisman gold project at Karangahake for project start up.
The company’s September quarter report said the reserve contained 28,800 ounces of gold and 127,800 oz silver. This reserve was 82,500 tonnes grading 10.8 g/t gold and 48.1 g/t silver, using a cut-off grade of 1.7 g/t Au.
New Talisman has undertaken more metallurgical testing of the Talisman ore and has tested ore samples grading up to 453 grams/tonne gold (14.6 oz/t).
The report said 146 kilograms of fine-ground ore has produced 3 oz of gold and silver. Additional concentrates will be used for planned test work to evaluate the most effective gold recovery.
Executive director Matthew Hill said the company will continue to test further ore as bulk sampling proceeds.
A gap analysis on the pre-feasibility study undertaken for New Talisman by Hatch Goba indicated confidence the study had conformed to requirements for a technical study.
Unlisted subsidiary Coromandel Gold Ltd was continuing work on the Golden Valley gold project, also in the Hauraki district and on the company’s base and precious metals prospect in the Northland region.

Maybe gold isn't at $1800/oz, but it's still at a healthy $1350/oz, NTL shareholders should do OK eventually.

Bobcat.
06-11-2013, 02:29 PM
NTL.NZX is trading at 1.2c, while NTL.ASX is trading 40% lower at 0.7c (0.8c NZD) -- go figure.

clip
06-11-2013, 02:33 PM
NTL.ASX dropped by 30% yesterday/today, are you aware of anything that's triggered this drop, and do you expect NTL.NZX to follow suit? think it's related to the PoG dropping over today/since late oct?

Bobcat.
06-11-2013, 02:42 PM
NTL.ASX dropped by 30% yesterday/today, are you aware of anything that's triggered this drop, and do you expect NTL.NZX to follow suit? think it's related to the PoG dropping over today/since late oct?

Nothing to worry about. Selling depth on the ASX is light (136k at 0.9 then nothing until 1.2c). That one trade at 0.7c is easily matched by some increased interest here on the NZX today (trading up 20% at 1.2c).

But if I wanted to buy some more, I'd be putting a bid at 0.7c or 0.8c on the ASX.

clip
06-11-2013, 03:21 PM
thanks BC :) I am happy to hold my current NZX ones for now until we get some more news i think, whether that be good or bad!

jonu
11-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Just announced staff options plan exercisable at AUD 1.1. I take this to mean they are confident the price will rise above this in the near term. Anyone else agree?

Dej
11-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Just announced staff options plan exercisable at AUD 1.1. I take this to mean they are confident the price will rise above this in the near term. Anyone else agree?

Thats what I read from it. Stock is still to illiquid to get an idea of what the market thinks, but I'm all for what they have done.

elZorro
13-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Here's the page of an earlier press release from the AGM that I don't think we saw on the thread.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1309/S00720/new-talisman-chairmans-speech-from-agm.htm

The latest idea must be to obtain some more capital from those who have the thoughts of mining that high-grade gold, uppermost in their minds. Not a bad idea, but it can only at best return $22,000 in the short term. It's also a way of picking up shares without paying any higher a price on-market, than the market has already been offered with the closed-off share offer. The option to pick up the share later, was not offered to ordinary punters in the last round. No word on whether any sophisticated investors have been in touch with the company meanwhile.

I'm not too sure what else they can do about gathering in enough funds to get going on the mining. It's not a lot of capital is it? A few million. Have they thought about borrowing it, secured against plant? Where are the more detailed plans on what equipment will be used, do they know what that gear will look like yet? The shareholders out there certainly don't.

Minerbarejet
13-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Have some indication that a mine visit is being looked into but will be unlikely to be before Xmas.
Safety issues abound and there is quite a bit of interest from what I can gather. This may mean several groups rather than just one. However, they are working on it just in case you thought I had gone to sleep.
Cheers:)

Landyman
15-11-2013, 05:27 PM
15 November 2013

ANNOUNCEMENT BY NEW TALISMAN GOLD MINES LIMITED (NTL and NTLOA or NTLO)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Assignment of New Talisman Interest in Netcom Global

New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (NZX: NTL) is pleased to announce it has
reached agreement to assign its loan to and equity in Netcom Global Inc to
Armadale Capital PLC in exchange for 93 million shares in Armadale Capital
PLC. Based on the closing price of Armadale shares on AIM on 14 November
2013 the value of the transaction is GBP$241,000 or approximately NZ$468,000.

Chairman Murray McKee said "the assignment of our interests in Netcom and the
associated interest in the Mpokoto project provides New Talisman with a
significant return on the investment made in February 2013 and continues to
provide an exposure to the Mpokoto Gold project".

Master98
15-11-2013, 09:30 PM
15 November 2013

ANNOUNCEMENT BY NEW TALISMAN GOLD MINES LIMITED (NTL and NTLOA or NTLO)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Assignment of New Talisman Interest in Netcom Global

New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (NZX: NTL) is pleased to announce it has
reached agreement to assign its loan to and equity in Netcom Global Inc to
Armadale Capital PLC in exchange for 93 million shares in Armadale Capital
PLC. Based on the closing price of Armadale shares on AIM on 14 November
2013 the value of the transaction is GBP$241,000 or approximately NZ$468,000.

Armadale closing price is GBP$0.2675 on 14/11, 93 million shares is GBP$24.8m, GBP$241,000 only worth 0.93 million shares, confuse?

Hawkeye
17-11-2013, 11:39 PM
This is great news, but doesn't this still leave them with a 300k shortfall? weren't they looking for over a million?

Minerbarejet
22-11-2013, 08:42 AM
Must be getting close to an update on NTL. Been very quiet of late - still trying to figure out where the rest of the money is coming from. None traded in Aussie for over a week now.

Bobcat.
28-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Here's their half year report:
https://www.nzx.com/companies/NTL/announcements/244442

Not a lot of cash left and still searching (good luck) for a partner to finance Talisman.

Discl: holding but not expecting much progress until the price of gold surges (probably next year) and financiers again get interested in investing in diggers needing funds as bad as NTL does.

Landyman
28-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Half year prelims are out - 2014 not too far away now - no more yawn-fest announcements soon.

Hawkeye
28-11-2013, 04:06 PM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/NTL/announcements/244456

bullish
28-11-2013, 04:13 PM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/NTL/announcements/244456

Thanks Hawk

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonu
28-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Half year prelims are out - 2014 not too far away now - no more yawn-fest announcements soon.
Yawn enough for you Landy? Consents through is HUGE!

Landyman
28-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Un-yawn it would seem - go for au, NTL

clip
28-11-2013, 04:30 PM
great news, been holding these guys for a little while. 2014 shaping up to be a great year for a lot of my holdings :)

Landyman
28-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Nice to see the SP react too - go you good thing

Dej
28-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Finally! Congratulation to holders - I for one am going to have a drink in celebration tonight!

Good to also see this in the half year:

On an investment front the company is in discussion with a number of

investors for the financing of its operations at Talisman based on the

Pre-Feasibility Study.

With the cash reserves looking like they won't have enough cash for the next year, lets hope this comes through. Mind you, now they will probably get a larger uptake if they did another capital raising.

Glad to be a 7 figure holder ;)

Dej
28-11-2013, 04:42 PM
o NTL concludes agreement for access arrangement at Talisman Mine with
Department of Conservation and Ministry of Business, Innovation and
Employment

o Hauraki District Council grants NTL resource consents for bulk sampling and
underground development work plan at Talisman Mine

o New Talisman Gold Mines Limited positioned to commence development of
Talisman

Are there 3 better words NTL holders could hear on this Thursday arvo?

Only other word I would like to see is "producing" :t_up:

Crow
28-11-2013, 04:42 PM
o NTL concludes agreement for access arrangement at Talisman Mine with
Department of Conservation and Ministry of Business, Innovation and
Employment

o Hauraki District Council grants NTL resource consents for bulk sampling and
underground development work plan at Talisman Mine

o New Talisman Gold Mines Limited positioned to commence development of
Talisman

Are there 3 better words NTL holders could hear on this Thursday arvo?

Err I'll get back to you :)

Disc - Holder

Dej
28-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Couldn't help myself, bought more to help us out :)

Glad to have you back on board :)

digger
28-11-2013, 06:07 PM
I would support another capital raising. This time to be fair to all make it a rights issue allowing those that want to go even higher.

With the price of gold at a low which we might also guess is near or at bottom it is good to see support for NTL. Tops to those that held on when nothing seemed to be happening.If I were to play the 2014 top pick it would be hard to go past NTL as big mover.

Landyman
28-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Lets hope we get some more punters onboard with NTL over tehe next 6mths - between the 5-6 players here, the SP wont go far - unless we go all Madoff ponzi style.

Be great if this makes the media!

jonu
28-11-2013, 07:17 PM
The best thing NTL has going for it is the US$750 underground costs. POG has been knocked to hell and they are still $500oz under.

jonu
28-11-2013, 07:20 PM
By the way, if you have consents, does that make it consensual?:eek2:

Sorry, but it is after hours after all.

elZorro
28-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Who knows, Moosie could be in this video. :)

http://www.maoritelevision.com/news/regional/napier-museum-house-maori-relics

Bobcat.
28-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Hmmm, I could buy up the rest of shares on offer right now, although I think my broker might be giving me a "no, you naughty boy!" call soon after the buy order reached them!

I have enough already, but anybody wanting more should buy what's sitting on the ASX for 1.1c. That's better value than 0.014 NZD, even with the AUD/NZD strengthening (see the Reserve Bank's announcement in the post on NZ interest rates).

BC

Minerbarejet
28-11-2013, 08:58 PM
Had a sale order at 1.1 for a while now in Aussie. somebody took it out this morning.
Thanks very much.

Now ve shall vait vonce again.

I needed a new pool for the cave but after the shares had sold found I needed to fence it.:)

Minerbarejet
29-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Was getting that way, bit of a tidy up. Bought them at 7s and 8s so nice little profit ,( to pay tax on of course):)

Minerbarejet
29-11-2013, 09:20 AM
I will have to talk to the Ministry of De Fence about that.

clip
29-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Hahaha very good mbj

robbo24
29-11-2013, 02:47 PM
New announcement. Do we have an investor?

I am confident we will be in a position to announce further positive developments at Talisman in the very near future.

Edit: And the other bit about paying back the loan, interest and still having valuable shares + risk-free exposure to the Mkotopo gold mine: https://www.nzx.com/companies/NTL/announcements/244527

jonu
29-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Certainly looks promising Robbo. I think the illiquid dual listing has really held this back today. No one wants to push ahead of the OZ price.
I'm all tanked up between this and PEB, otherwise I would be sorely tempted

robbo24
29-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Certainly looks promising Robbo. I think the illiquid dual listing has really held this back today. No one wants to push ahead of the OZ price.
I'm all tanked up between this and PEB, otherwise I would be sorely tempted

The margin between the two listings could be an opportunity in disguise...

Landyman
29-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Who put the red-hot poker up NTL this week? Top work them, 2014 here we come.

I especially like the McKee comment ".... I am confident we will be in a position to
announce further positive developments at Talisman in the very near future"

Heres comes the NTL Santa train!

robbo24
29-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Who put the red-hot poker up NTL this week? Top work them, 2014 here we come.

*waits for a Moose reference...*

robbo24
29-11-2013, 04:21 PM
The Christmas present might get a bit bigger this year.

Haha can't wait!

jonu
29-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Someone has finally made a dent in the 1.1 in OZ. Couldn't help myself, bought more here at 1.3

Landyman
29-11-2013, 05:07 PM
And the week closes out with SP 30% up on where we started - nice work and good luck to those with a lower average holding cost than me

whatsup
29-11-2013, 05:41 PM
I see that some PUNTER bought the long dated (28/11/2017 ) OA's right on close.WHATSUP ?

jonu
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Does anyone have a view on what can be taken by the "Very soon" comment in last announcement? Does past history suggest weeks or months? I'm surprised sp reaction has been so muted to the last news. 30% lift is a start, but off an awfully low base. Maybe in Oz they don't realise how hard it is to gain consents here. With their extraction costs still way under the POG they must be the most attractive miner on the market. I don't think they warrant being called an explorer, they know the gold is there, they have the consents and don't need much in the way of capital to make a start. History aside, what's not to like?

blackcap
02-12-2013, 12:40 PM
Does anyone have a view on what can be taken by the "Very soon" comment in last announcement? Does past history suggest weeks or months?

Going by the past I would say "years"

jonu
02-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Going by the past I would say "years"

I would have too blackcap, but I think the consents are a real game changer here. The risk factor has basically disappeared with the stroke of a pen

robbo24
02-12-2013, 02:22 PM
I would have too blackcap, but I think the consents are a real game changer here. The risk factor has basically disappeared with the stroke of a pen

The announcement says that NTL got consents for access and mine development. This is a big hurdle, yes, but it is no consent for wholesale mining.

A big step in the right direction but risk factor is still present.

Disl: Holding after buying up earlier this year and in the SPP.

Bobcat.
02-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Someone's selling 300k on .ASX for 1.1c. That's the place to buy if anyone wants some more.

blackcap
02-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Someone's selling 300k on .ASX for 1.1c. That's the place to buy if anyone wants some more.
And if you are patient you can pick them up on the ASX at 1.0 cents. A few already gone through at that price.

clip
02-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Someone just dumped around 90k shares @ 1.0cents, filled my order - they may be filling at 0.9c now (try your luck I guess)

clip
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Another block of 500k @ 1.0c on ASX for sale, wonder if 0.9c may get hit today however

clip
05-12-2013, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have a view on what can be taken by the "Very soon" comment in last announcement? Does past history suggest weeks or months? I'm surprised sp reaction has been so muted to the last news. 30% lift is a start, but off an awfully low base. Maybe in Oz they don't realise how hard it is to gain consents here. With their extraction costs still way under the POG they must be the most attractive miner on the market. I don't think they warrant being called an explorer, they know the gold is there, they have the consents and don't need much in the way of capital to make a start. History aside, what's not to like?

I have sent the company an email asking for further information on the 'very soon' comment, I imagine I am unlikely to get a satisfactory response but will let people know If i hear back. Disc; still happy with 2014 prospects, adding to my holding at 1c AU. I would like to have 1m shares by march 2014 at this price

jonu
05-12-2013, 01:30 PM
I have sent the company an email asking for further information on the 'very soon' comment, I imagine I am unlikely to get a satisfactory response but will let people know If i hear back. Disc; still happy with 2014 prospects, adding to my holding at 1c AU. I would like to have 1m shares by march 2014 at this price

Good on you Clip. I imagine they will be very cagey with their reply.

Dej
05-12-2013, 01:34 PM

Well giving an exact date would be information they cannot disclose to just one person.

robbo24
05-12-2013, 01:35 PM

I imagine their answer will be something along the lines of "thanks for your interest but we're not going to provide you with inside/price sensitive information until it is released to the market, merry xmas".

I don't know if that is cagey..

clip
05-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I basically asked if we were likely to hear anything again in 2013, we shall see what we shall see :) not expecting much

clip
06-12-2013, 10:01 AM
as expected really..

ue Sangster <sue@newtalisman.co.nz>

9:43 AM (14 minutes ago)https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

to me
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

Dear Nick

Thanks for your interest in the Company.

Unfortunately we are unable to respond to your query as it may put you in a privileged position not available to other shareholders.

Kind regards
Sue

Dej
06-12-2013, 10:06 AM
as expected really..
Dear Nick

Thanks for your interest in the Company.

Unfortunately we are unable to respond to your query as it may put you in a privileged position not available to other shareholders.

Kind regards
Sue

Yeah, well now at least we know its price sensitive :t_up: (sarcasm)

Landyman
06-12-2013, 02:19 PM
I cant resist, best "Dear Nick" letter wins. I'lll kick it off.

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your interest in the company.

We have managed to obtain free processing through a local processor, and this will start 25th December and run until 1 April 14 only. After this date, payment required will be in the form of Tui - please pay by the dozen.

Also, the bonanza grades found thus far are well underestimated - turns out there's heaps there.

Please dont tell anyone.

Kind regards Sue.

clip
06-12-2013, 02:33 PM
:p

Dear Landy,

Please can I have some gold, I will in return give you 1 tui

Kind Regards,
Nick

jonu
06-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Dear Nick,

We have managed to obtain free processing through a local processor, and this will start 25th December and run until 1 April 14 only. After this date, payment required will be in the form of Tui - please pay by the dozen.

Also, the bonanza grades found thus far are well underestimated - turns out there's heaps there.

Please dont tell anyone.

Kind regards Sue.

I'll give it a go, and nothing personal to those called Nick.

Dear Nick

Don't be a nickhead. "Very soon" means very soon. What is it about "very soon" that you don't understand? A little patience is all that is asked for. You and all our other long suffering shareholders will be rewarded "very soon". Look forward to hearing from you soonest, unless you hear from us sooner.

Talk again Soon and Regards

Sune Sangster

Minerbarejet
06-12-2013, 03:41 PM

Dear Nick,

Please dont tell anyone.

Kind regards Sue.
Sue is too polite,
Here is the letter she probably felt like sending.

Dear Nick,

What the bleeding heck gave you the idea that I would part with price sensitive information to you bunch of ragtag shareholders. When we say soon we mean soon, not now, not later, but soon. Sooner or later we at management hope you get a handle on it. I have been watching you lot and your posts and they leave me gold, or is it cold. Now go over to the corner you naughty boy and stay there until we make an announcement.

Please do not send any more tui, -- export gold would be preferable.

Have a sueper day

Sue Nami

Dej
06-12-2013, 04:00 PM
Sue is too polite,
Here is the letter she probably felt like sending.

Dear Nick,

What the bleeding heck gave you the idea that I would part with price sensitive information to you bunch of ragtag shareholders. When we say soon we mean soon, not now, not later, but soon. Sooner or later we at management hope you get a handle on it. I have been watching you lot and your posts and they leave me gold, or is it cold. Now go over to the corner you naughty boy and stay there until we make an announcement.

Please do not send any more tui, -- export gold would be preferable.

Have a sueper day

Sue Nami

Dear Nick,

OMG?! sorry for not putting a date on the price sensitive information. But just between you and me, by soon I mean Christmas when we are sending you all 1oz coins from the mine as a thank you for being shareholders for so long!

Merry Christmas!

Santa Sue

robbo24
06-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Dear Nick,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that several weeks ago we have invested all of the funds from the recent SPP in GEO, CNU and DIL.

I offer my heartfelt apologies for the collective losses of all shareholders.

Regretfully,

NTL

Dej
06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Dear Nick,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that several weeks ago we have invested all of the funds from the recent SPP in GEO, CNU and DIL.

I offer my heartfelt apologies for the collective losses of all shareholders.

Regretfully,

NTL

Dear god no :t_down: :scared:

GRIFFIN
07-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Dear Nick,
We had a hell of a good laugh in the office about your email and if you have been a share holder in HGD NTL for the last 20+ years you should be well aware that soon to us means its never going to happen.

Love
Suen S

clip
07-12-2013, 10:36 AM
:t_up: this re-inforces how much I don't know/have to learn. Funny responses :D

Landyman
07-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Ha, glad you took it in the jest it was meant.

You are right to question NTL's definition of soon, however in the last 12mths there was been a very positive swing in the NTL, just the SP doesnt reflect this

Dej
08-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Ha, glad you took it in the jest it was meant.

You are right to question NTL's definition of soon, however in the last 12mths there was been a very positive swing in the NTL, just the SP doesnt reflect this

I suppose now we can use how long this "very soon" is and use it as a standard from now on!

Landyman
08-12-2013, 10:10 PM
As long as NTL management dont measure things in Yoda-life timeframes - when 900 years you reach.......

jonu
09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
I may have to apologise to NTL and those on this thread. When I kicked off the "very soon" debate, I misquoted the 29/11 release. It said the "very near future".

Do we need another series of letters to ascertain the difference in meaning between "very soon" and "very near future", or do they mean the same thing? Unfortunately Sue to Soon is better than Sue to future, unless of course it becomes Suture, which becomes Suit-ya. so I guess the answer is whatever "suits ya".

Joking aside, it still sounds extremely positive

Minerbarejet
09-12-2013, 09:04 PM
I may have to apologise to NTL and those on this thread. When I kicked off the "very soon" debate, I misquoted the 29/11 release. It said the "very near future".

Do we need another series of letters to ascertain the difference in meaning between "very soon" and "very near future", or do they mean the same thing? Unfortunately Sue to Soon is better than Sue to future, unless of course it becomes Suture, which becomes Suit-ya. so I guess the answer is whatever "suits ya".

Joking aside, it still sounds extremely positive
Jonu thats a classic. Roflmao. Well done my son,
Noah Fence
Cheers
Miner

Bobcat.
11-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Half yearly report is out (unaudited). I don't see anything in it that leads me to sell. All looks managable.

NTA per share has dropped from 0.3c to 0.2c but hey this is a gold digger yet to fly.

Other's comments?

Its hunt via the Hong Kong corp advisory group for additional funding will be helped by this week's spike in the price of Gold.

elZorro
13-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Half yearly report is out (unaudited). I don't see anything in it that leads me to sell. All looks managable.

NTA per share has dropped from 0.3c to 0.2c but hey this is a gold digger yet to fly.

Other's comments?

Its hunt via the Hong Kong corp advisory group for additional funding will be helped by this week's spike in the price of Gold.

NZResources has picked up on this too. Of course, if you were looking for well-off punters, Hong Kong would have to be one of the better places in the world.

Asian company mandated for developing Talisman mine

13 December 2013 The long-awaited re-opening of the historic Talisman mine at Karangahake now has an Asian company mandated to seek investors to fund its development.
This was disclosed yesterday by owner New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NZX & ASX: NTL) which summarised highlights for the September half year.
Engaged for the role is Emerald Resources (Asia) Ltd, described as a Hong Kong advisory group.
The company said a feasibility study on Talisman had been initiated and two fund raisings in the quarter saw $A543,510 raised through a placement of 49,410,000 shares at A1.1 cent each, while $NZ348,445 was raised through a share purchase plan with existing shareholders.
A bulk sampling programme underway saw development advance on a number of small drives in the mine’s Maria and Mystery veins.
Based on an average development face advance of 12 metres per month per drive, New Talisman expects to generate about 650 tonnes of material monthly once ore sampling operations are fully established.
Estimates of the ore reserve extracted during this period indicate that this will contain an average of 12 grams/tonne of gold.

I would think that this approach is aimed at speedily getting the cash together to buy the equipment and establish the mine. They'd have to be a bit disappointed with the NZ/AU response, for what is a small amount of capital.

Here is the Emerald Resources website, which appears to be still under development. But they do have a track record according to some of the pages. And this is a small amount of funding needed. So we could see some quick action, considering the gold grades.

http://www.emerald-resources.com/

The factsheet provides more detail on the people behind Emerald Resources. Looks good.

http://www.emerald-resources.com/factsheet/

elZorro
13-12-2013, 08:10 AM
Last piece about to fall into place. 2014 is going to be preeeeeeetty goooood me thinks!

Yep, I found this executive document on Dr Paul Crosio, he's the Australian with an LLB who is the head of Emerald Resources. He appears to be fairly clever, and well connected.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=34766536&privcapId=5388710&previousCapId=5388710&previousTitle=Pacnet%20Ltd.

robbo24
13-12-2013, 11:11 AM
https://www.nzx.com/companies/NTL/announcements/245151

- Special Purpose Vehicle set up by Chinese investor group for purposes of funding Talisman Mine Development - Heads of Agreement provides for investor group to :

- Invest NZ$10.9M in development and operation of Talisman gold mine on basis set out in Pre-Feasibility study

- Earn right to 65% of gold and silver produced (after costs) from reserve identified in Pre-Feasibiity study .

- To establish at its cost gold processing and treatment plant and to treat Talisman ore on competitive terms

- To fund potential future joint ventures with NTL

What is the reserve identified in the pre-feasibility study?

I see they may invest 1.5-times the current MCap for a 65% share of that reserve - why didn't they just buy the whole company?

Edit: https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/181195.pdf it appears the Chinese investors have made a good bargain for themselves - the ore reserves are discussed in this document here.

Edit 2: It's all subject to shareholder approval - what say ye?

bullish
13-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Heads up! (excuse the pun)

We are on moosie!!

What great deal just released on ASX

Seems they fund first phase of mining and provide a plant assuming DD completes which should not be hard now all consents are good to go.

Off to the pub what a week thanks NTL !!!!

Woohoo heads of agreement with Chinese. 65% of phase 1 and treatment.

What a year. Congrats holders.

croesus
13-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Lord only knows. Unreactive market (deal not for sure yet). im starting to wonder what its going to take to get this baby going short pf finding the ark of the covenant down in that hole...

Well 1.2c snaffled.... on recent spikes I would expect to see 1.5c...

croesus
13-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Pre open up 22% in Aussie....do you want a wager for a cheeky Shiraz... that 1.3c gets taken out in NZ

croesus
13-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Pre open up 22% in Aussie....do you want a wager for a cheeky Shiraz... that 1.3c gets taken out in NZ

Just did... 1.3 c gone

bucko
13-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Merry Christmas Everyone!

bucko
13-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Can we reach 1.5??????

clip
13-12-2013, 11:50 AM
1.4 snaffled as well, not taking long :D my asx holding is larger than my nzx one currently, looking forward to see what that is going to do

hilskin
13-12-2013, 12:00 PM
merry Christmas everybody :t_up: up to 0.017

hilskin
13-12-2013, 12:00 PM
merry Christmas everybody :t_up: up to 0.017

clip
13-12-2013, 12:01 PM
1.7! all the cheap ones gone, crazy

clip
13-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Glad i picked up the packages at 1c on the ASX :D

croesus
13-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Cheaper in Oz, 1.5 to sell, peeps paying 1.8c in NZ

robbo24
13-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Cheaper in Oz, 1.5 to sell, peeps paying 1.8c in NZ

'dem peeps

Stumpynuts
13-12-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm gonna go be in early retirement in the near future...... :t_up:

Hawkeye
13-12-2013, 12:38 PM
We are selling today, going once, going twice 1.8cents in the back left corner do I hear 2?

bucko
13-12-2013, 12:41 PM
yeh I can see this dropping back down to 1.1-1.3 before the next announcement, this has been the trend after every announcement they have made since march/april

Dej
13-12-2013, 01:12 PM
I been away for a bit, and thought I would just check in on any SP movements on my phone and saw NTL performing best out of my whole portfolio, what a surprise that is!

Unfortunately I agree that this will draw back to where it was before. I feel, until we have the cash in hand this was just a hype and irrational jump in SP. But at least we now know something is on the table, and in the future we PROBABLY will have funding, no more dilution, and a JV partner for any further mining they may want to do. This is nothing but good for the company IMHO!

Im going to go back off radar for a bit, establishing my own business currently so awfully busy.

Will return soon ;)

Go NTL Go!

robbo24
13-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Now, come on chaps, this is the time for some constructive discussion about whether or not you will give your approval as a shareholder for such a deal... The prefeasibility report identified the potential for millions of dollars worth of gold and silver in the reserves. NTL said they needed 1.5m to get the money to start producing that stuff to get money for the larger mining operation.

Do you, as shareholders, really want to give away the money in the bag (or pile, as the case may be) for a bargain? Remember, they're discussing 65% (after costs) of the ore reserves...

croesus
13-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Now, come on chaps, this is the time for some constructive discussion about whether or not you will give your approval as a shareholder for such a deal... The prefeasibility report identified the potential for millions of dollars worth of gold and silver in the reserves. NTL said they needed 1.5m to get the money to start producing that stuff to get money for the larger mining operation.

Do you, as shareholders, really want to give away the money in the bag (or pile, as the case may be) for a bargain? Remember, they're discussing 65% (after costs) of the ore reserves...

I will agree, better a slice of the pie then non,

robbo24
13-12-2013, 01:38 PM
I will agree, better a slice of the pie then non,

Croesus is the first peep to G-up. One in the air one in the chamber.

I will not be agreeing - I say take out a loan to pay for processing of the reserves and cut out the need to give a disproportionate amount to external investors. I don't know if this is practicable but on a rough calculation the interest payments would be minimal compare to 65% of the profits of the reserves.

And the money can be used to get the mining going just as quick, surely.

Stumpynuts
13-12-2013, 01:40 PM
Next thing you know ............... NTL becomes the next F&P appliances.....

robbo24
13-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Next thing you know ............... NTL becomes the next F&P appliances.....

So they are going to invest nearly 1.5 times the MCap of the money in exchange for 65% of the profits from the reserves...

On a rough profit calculation of $500US per ounce * 28,800 ounces (as per feasibility study at post 942) = $14m US

This is not taking into account the silver reserves either.

Hell no we won't go!

jonu
13-12-2013, 01:46 PM
I don't think a normal style loan is feasible, someone with more knowledge of mine funding might be able to shed more light on that. It does look like expensive finance, but then again it's risk free.

At least we know the meaning of "very near future" now.

robbo24
13-12-2013, 01:47 PM

"Very near future" means 2 weeks for NTL, from now on.

bucko
13-12-2013, 01:52 PM
then again in the reports and plans that have come out previously NTL was always going to bring in a 3rd party to process the ore. from what i see in this the 10.9m will be used to process their own ore as well, increasing the return per ounce to NTL and reducing overall cost of extraction.

Made a tidy profit today and after previously loosing out with my investment in GEL I am more than happy with the direction and progress NTL management are making

elZorro
13-12-2013, 01:59 PM
I'm not too sure yet, either. Once this gear is in place, NTL will need to pay the owners of it at some agreed price for future ore recovery. I don't think the banks are too keen on loaning to startup miners. NTL had intended to slowly start with seed funding from shareholders, and then use the cashflow profits to fund steady capital developments. With this new idea, the owners of the processing plant will want a quick return on the capital outlay, and so the prefeasibility ore will be taken out a bit faster, I'd expect. But who knows what other spots NTL will find in the meantime? Anyway, over $10mill of capital was required by the look of it. One downside is that perhaps there won't be a lot of local content in the equipment supply.

All this has happened since October. Good progress.

Stumpynuts
13-12-2013, 02:09 PM
So they are going to invest nearly 1.5 times the MCap of the money in exchange for 65% of the profits from the reserves...

On a rough profit calculation of $500US per ounce * 28,800 ounces (as per feasibility study at post 942) = $14m US

This is not taking into account the silver reserves either.

Hell no we won't go!

Nah actually I was referring to the similarities in circumstances of both FPA and NTL.
Both FPA and NTL struggling/or in need of significant investment to stay afloat, both get significant asian (namely Chinese) investors, both eventually get bought out (could happen?)

No guarantee that it will play out this way, but you'd be foolish to rule out the possibility.
What if cornerstone investors get early inside info to prefeas. & scoping studies and the reserves of the unexplored parts of the mine are gigantic, what then?

Minerbarejet
13-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Jeez, I go away for 3 or 4 hours and all hell breaks loose.

robbo24
13-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Speak now (Newmont) or forever hold your peace. :D

Yeah, come on Newmont, I thought we were friends.

Landyman
13-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Look to be closing out the week at 1.5. Nice work.

croesus
13-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Plenty available in Ozzy.... for 1.4,

jonu
13-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Plenty available in Ozzy.... for 1.4,

Do the maths Croesus

Minerbarejet
13-12-2013, 05:30 PM
:)If that fx rate keeps climbing we wont have to worry about the maths too much.:)

croesus
13-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Do the maths Croesus

Don't tell me what to do Jonu...!

I don't like your tone. !

I made the point there are plenty at 1.4 au. that's all. I think NZ closed at 1.5 so 1.4 au...

I reckon must be only marginally over 1.5... 1.53 equivalent or 1.52

elZorro
13-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Biggest day volume wise since NTL changed from HGD. Looks like the SP might actually be settling down a bit and forming an uptrend channel from a base in mid-November. If the good news keeps coming we should expect this to continue. Buyers of the SPP are obviously looking for a quick buck and unloading, which is good as long as they dont sell down too much as it provides liquidity.

Interesting that people should mention a takeover (I personally dont think this would happen) as looking back at the employee options they all become exercisable once one is announced...

Thats my 2 cents for the day :)

Good point, maybe that's the plan, to make a takeover a bit difficult. The Chinese investor group is undisclosed at the moment. St Alban's Pty Ltd is a cover company or SPV. The SPV sounds Australian in origin. I note that in future, the SPV has first right of funding new expansion, and that they'll receive 65% of the gold/silver returns from the initial area after costs. But of course their fees for use of the gear will be part of the costs too.

http://www.miningbusiness.net/content/talisman-wins-chinese-investment-nz-gold-mine

It would have been tidier for a NZ-based outfit like Waihi Gold (Newmont) to stump up the capital, or for shareholders to do it. Even GEL spent NZ$40mill over a few years. I guess the wages will stay here.

SPEs or SPVs are often set up from tax havens etc, allowing the sponsors to stay anonymous, even if they are related to the other parties in an agreement..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_purpose_entity

Here is the office setup for Paul Crosio's Emerald Resources (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/paul-crosio/0/24a/905)in Hong Kong. A very flash shared serviced office setup, no more than 20 staff per office, and it could be quite a lot less.

http://www.executivecentre.com.hk/location/quarry_bay_one_island_east-hong_kong

jonu
13-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Don't tell me what to do Jonu...!

I don't like your tone. !

I made the point there are plenty at 1.4 au. that's all. I think NZ closed at 1.5 so 1.4 au...

I reckon must be only marginally over 1.5... 1.53 equivalent or 1.52

Thank you croesus. You have explained my point most eloquently.:)

digger
14-12-2013, 08:36 AM
It sure does sound like we will be mining in the near future as thinks are falling into place.

I still believe that the powers to be within NTL should approach Newmont one final time prior to singing any agreements with an overseas firm. What would be the harm in showing Newmont what someone else is willing to do and asking for an equal/better offer? They can obviously process their own ore with equipment they now have & need more ore to process (thus mining under Waihi township). Why not process Talisman ore for 50% of the profit? There would be very little added expence for them!

Before we marry or overseas bride,
Speak now (Newmont) or forever hold your peace. :D

Been very busy of late so have not got around to make my 2 cents worth. I have been self employed for about 40 years so I do not know what after costs means.After processing by a good accountant a good season can be a bad one and a bad one a top year. So what does after costs mean. Guess for that one we will have to ask someone who has spent their life on wages ,just like the theory of how to raise kids belongs only to those who have no kids. Until this is clear to me I will be voting against this deal--I hold 5 million.
Your idea Yankiwi is a far simpler one and I sure hope it gets looked at.At least there we all have some grounds to know where we are standing. This deal is great for the Chinese and leaves the door wide open to cook the books and take the lot.

I ask management to come forward and explain how this giving up 65% of the company with the possibility of hijacking the rest is in any way good for the company shareholders that they are suppost to represent. For now we should just leave it that anyone wants in buys in on a shareholding basis.

elZorro
14-12-2013, 09:26 AM
I agree with you on those thoughts Digger. There are already a lot of fish-hooks in this proposal, and I'm not sure they are to the benefit of the existing shareholders. Newmont has not made a move to work with New Talisman that we know of. Maybe this means that on their scale, the proposition is not compelling.

As it stands, I don't think many of the local providers of equipment or mining expertise have been approached in any sensible way. Without the full amount of cash in the coffers, (more than is needed to run admin and do a bit of pottering about) NTL management will be keen to talk to any party that can provide the capital and gear in the short term. But as we are seeing, those parties will also want the lion's share of the loot.

The SPV is called St Albans Pty Ltd. I don't think Pty means Property Ltd as some in the press have assumed, more likely it's Proprietary Ltd. This could be a company shell set up in Hong Kong. There is nothing on the web about this newly formed company.

I had a bit more of a look at Emerald, and there is a related company called Emerald Capital Asia Ltd. This has a partner in Paul Crosio, but the owner of that business is T. David Hodgkinson, who is an international finance and investment executive. He speaks at entrepreneur and mining conferences etc. In 2008, David was a Special Advisor to the Asean China Investment Fund, so he no doubt has some contacts in China.
(http://www.pacrimentrepreneursummit.com/speaker_david_hodgkinson.html)
Emerald Capital may have another serviced office setup in Bangkok (they did in 2010), and Paul Crosio appears to be based in Thailand, not Hong Kong. David Hodgkinson may also be based in the region.

elZorro
16-12-2013, 07:04 AM
NZResources weighs in this morning with basically a copy of the press release once again.

Chinese capital for Talisman mine project16 December 2013 The long awaited re-development of the historic Talisman mine at Karangahake has received a boost from a Chinese company.
Owner New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NZX & ASX: NTL) said a “special purpose vehicle set up by Chinese investor group has signed a heads of agreement to invest $10.9 million in development and operation of the Talisman mine.
The entity St Albans Pty Ltd will undertake a due diligence programme on the basis of getting a right to earn a 65% stake in an operating mine.
New Talisman executive director Matthew Hill said the terms also allow St Alban to bring to the project “specialist gold extraction capabilities and plant and equipment which are intended to be set up near the Talisman.
The Chinese company will also be given the option to fund any future expansion on the Talisman licence.
Hill said that during due diligence the investor will visit the mine site with a group of metallurgical and gold extraction specialists in the coming weeks.
As reported by this website earlier New Talisman had engaged Asian company Emerald Resources (Asia) Ltd to secure a potential project partner.
“The ability to accelerate the development of the Talisman mine project presents a significant opportunity to both parties to benefit from this historically important mine in the most commercially productive gold region in New Zealand,” Hill added.
New Talisman, under its earlier name of Heritage Gold had picked up the Talisman mine many years ago after its leases in the northern Coromandel had been taken away under pressure of environmentalists. As a result, Talisman became its prime target.
The company also holds the Rahu prospect next to Karangahake where it has made a grass roots epithermal gold-silver discovery, and retains a licence in Waihi and permits in Northland.

blackcap
16-12-2013, 09:12 AM
NPV was pegged at $15.5M NZD back in April when gold was circa $1600 USD p/oz. Take 22% off and you still get NPV of ~$12.1M NZD, well below Mcap...

Hey Moosie, what is NPV? If you are referring to the Net Present Value of the project, then your explanation above relating it to the price of gold is not valid.

blackcap
16-12-2013, 09:40 AM
yeah was referring to net present value. Took 20% off due to fall of PoG. Samw NPV applies?

I had a good look at the pre feasibility and recent announcement this weekend and found it all convoluted when I really analysed it. consistently use different numbers for reserves in the pre feas (noted 3 different ones!), chopped and chaned between USD and NZD and couldnt match my numbers to theirs. anybody else had a good look at it and want to do arundown for us? I did but everything was so off i didnt want to post it lest I get mocked off the boards! tia.

Look to be fair I am not going to spend time on this stock and work it all out. But if the POG falls by that amount it (normally) will impact NPV more adversely.

Ie small example. POG 1600, costs 1200 + 400 FCF, so NPV say $15.5m
POG falls to 1250 , costs still 1200 + 50 FCF, So NPV is now $1.937m

Gotta be careful using percentages :)

If you are referring to something else... my apologies.

blackcap
16-12-2013, 09:41 AM
yeah was referring to net present value. Took 20% off due to fall of PoG. Samw NPV applies?

I had a good look at the pre feasibility and recent announcement this weekend and found it all convoluted when I really analysed it. consistently use different numbers for reserves in the pre feas (noted 3 different ones!), chopped and chaned between USD and NZD and couldnt match my numbers to theirs. anybody else had a good look at it and want to do arundown for us? I did but everything was so off i didnt want to post it lest I get mocked off the boards! tia.

Look to be fair I am not going to spend time on this stock and work it all out. But if the POG falls by that amount it (normally) will impact NPV more adversely.

Ie small example. POG 1600, costs 1200 + 400 FCF, so NPV say $15.5m
POG falls to 1250 , costs still 1200 + 50 FCF, So NPV is now $1.937m

Gotta be careful using percentages :)

If you are referring to something else... my apologies.

bucko
16-12-2013, 03:02 PM
WOW, i knew it was going to drop back down but i really thought it would take a little longer than this!

Landyman
16-12-2013, 03:13 PM
Not often you get to see the ASX price higher than the NZX

Landyman
18-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Someone drop a pin, the silence is deafening - one more present before Christmas please - maybe a play from Newmont

digger
18-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Someone drop a pin, the silence is deafening - one more present before Christmas please - maybe a play from Newmont

Disappointment comes to those who wait for Santa.

Minerbarejet
18-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Disappointment comes to those who wait for Santa.
Probably going over the agreement Claus by Claus:)

Landyman
19-12-2013, 12:41 AM
Ho Ho, the Rein deer not show its (s)elf otherwise the contract might get wet

bullish
20-12-2013, 01:12 PM
NPV was pegged at $15.5M NZD back in April when gold was circa $1600 USD p/oz. Take 22% off and you still get NPV of ~$12.1M NZD, well below Mcap...

Moosie. Your calc is based of phase 1 npv comparing to market cap which would place no value on their tenements. Rahu, Gold Valley and Northland. Let alone phase 2 whatever that would look like. From my view the npv only looks at Jorc reserve of 35,000 of 200,000 ounces. That's a fair bit of value left on the table outside the first phase.

It appears that if the investment by Chinese goes through it leaves 165,000 ounces and a treatment plant.

I could not find the 3 refs to reserve only 1 and that is the Maiden Jorc reserve calculation. Where did you find other reserve numbers? Jorc code isn't variable so whatever is jorced and signed off is the number to work off.

I have searched and cannot find any project on nzx or asx of this advanced stage which still carries an explorers value.

Be interested if anyone has found a solid comparable. And please not shattered glass earth.

Maybe Zorro can shed some better light on this.

Disc. Holding NTL, NTLO, NTLOA and hoping for a rights issue.

bucko
20-12-2013, 01:56 PM
when are they going to make a decision about this chinese money?

clip
20-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I'd wager a guess and say not this year. Or even if the decision is made, we won't hear about it until 2014

elZorro
21-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Moosie. Your calc is based of phase 1 npv comparing to market cap which would place no value on their tenements. Rahu, Gold Valley and Northland. Let alone phase 2 whatever that would look like. From my view the npv only looks at Jorc reserve of 35,000 of 200,000 ounces. That's a fair bit of value left on the table outside the first phase.

It appears that if the investment by Chinese goes through it leaves 165,000 ounces and a treatment plant.

I could not find the 3 refs to reserve only 1 and that is the Maiden Jorc reserve calculation. Where did you find other reserve numbers? Jorc code isn't variable so whatever is jorced and signed off is the number to work off.

I have searched and cannot find any project on nzx or asx of this advanced stage which still carries an explorers value.

Be interested if anyone has found a solid comparable. And please not shattered glass earth.

Maybe Zorro can shed some better light on this.

Disc. Holding NTL, NTLO, NTLOA and hoping for a rights issue.

Sorry I'm not too sure about this now either Bullish. I have some NTL shares though, and agree it looks more of a go than GEL. It depends if the company ever owns the Chinese extraction plant. If not, there would be little chance of super profits, since the extraction fees would just go up. They get first right to fund more development too. Messy but less risky for NTL, and if I can compare it with the GEL situation: GEL made little out of JVs, and when they took on a big risk 100% operation, they dipped out badly. Can we be confident that NZ cash thrown at Talisman would come back within say 2 years? If gold was at $1800 I'm sure it would. A fair bit slower at $1200/oz.

MAC
04-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Perhaps some of you good budding gold bugs out there can help, we’re looking for a website to download that NZ television series ‘Hunters Gold’, TVNZ don’t make big budget local classics like that anymore, though I’d show my kids ?

MAC
04-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I easily found episode #1 on youtube here. I don't know anything about the show but would think more are available if you know what you're looking for.

Youtube videos are downloadable with a Chrome or Firefox extension. Just google it and heaps will come up.

I use Chrome with out any problems.

Awesome, thank you Yankiwi, will do just that. Something to keep the kids out of trouble for the holidays, it is a shame that all we get on the box these days is cheap auckland soap's and reality TV.

Hunter's Gold synopsis:
http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/hunters-gold-1977-c6e/series

Aotea
04-01-2014, 03:40 PM
I could find you spots in otago, alluvial or placer deposits that have around 35,000oz, and are there for the taking, all of which are a hell of a lot easier to get to mining than what NTL has. That said, I do hold a small holding of NTL for the record.

bucko
06-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Wonder when this decision about the money will come through...

Landyman
09-01-2014, 01:22 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11183696

Business as usual fro Newmont - we need an extra comment from them - "processing for NTL will allow the plant to run at full efficiency".

jonu
13-01-2014, 03:14 PM
30 days from their last announcement is today I think (due diligence), but I wonder if they factored in the holiday period?

clip
13-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I imagine it would be 30 business days, not sure if.the non-stats would be considered bus days or not over the Christmas break? We may be waiting another week or two

Bobcat.
13-01-2014, 04:35 PM
The timing is not good for a junior digger trying to raise finance...and the terms around this proposed deal don't appeal to me. I would support a rights issue and/or waiting another two months before approaching financiers - by then I believe Gold will be less shunned and prospective finance deals more favourable.

Discl: Holding (for now)

stanace
13-01-2014, 08:17 PM
I'm a 70% maybe, Cheers

clip
13-01-2014, 09:48 PM
The timing is not good for a junior digger trying to raise finance...and the terms around this proposed deal don't appeal to me. I would support a rights issue and/or waiting another two months before approaching financiers - by then I believe Gold will be less shunned and prospective finance deals more favourable.

Discl: Holding (for now)

Hopefully with POG rising again that may be reason for them to consider further about a capital raising/financiers etc. Even though it is back on the way down it hit 1250 which shows some promie

bucko
15-01-2014, 01:52 PM
thats a lot of activity....

jonu
15-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Well I just picked up 1.5 million of the little suckers that I didn't really expect to get @ 1.1. Bit of turnover here and in Oz. Bit of jostling ahead of due diligence I guess? Bit overloaded in them now, but hopefully just a bigger payoff!:cool:

bucko
15-01-2014, 01:58 PM
just got to wait for this chinese announcement now!

yeh i managed to pick up a few today, to be honest i wasnt expecting it to drop below 1.2 before this announcement came out...im glad it did though!

jonu
15-01-2014, 02:11 PM
just got to wait for this chinese announcement now!

yeh i managed to pick up a few today, to be honest i wasnt expecting it to drop below 1.2 before this announcement came out...im glad it did though!

I'd actually like to see them hold out for something better than the chinese deal. I just hope that if they do reject it they have a plan 'B'.

jonu
15-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Anyone else got a comment on today's flurry of activity on both sides of the Tasman? It seems to have settled down again.

Crow
15-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Anyone else got a comment on today's flurry of activity on both sides of the Tasman? It seems to have settled down again.

No idea. Took it as a sign to top up and hence that's what i did. ;)

clip
15-01-2014, 04:50 PM
guessing someone got bored and sold down, which triggered others to do the same thinking they may know more? no idea, that's what i'm thinking though

jonu
15-01-2014, 04:52 PM
No idea. Took it as a sign to top up and hence that's what i did. ;)

Onya Crow. As I said earlier I'm overweight in them now, but what the hell, there's gold in them there holes!

Crow
15-01-2014, 04:56 PM
Onya Crow. As I said earlier I'm overweight in them now, but what the hell, there's gold in them there holes!

Lol, lets just see what happens. No going to do anymore buying of these, just hope this is our year, been a long wait and you start to doubt yourself. BUT....like lotto, you've got to be in it to win it :t_up:....except you have more control with investments.

bucko
16-01-2014, 10:29 AM
im on the edge of my seat waiting for this announcement! "We intend to work closely with our potential partners over the next 30 days"

30th of Jan if business days next friday if just mon-fri or yesterday if just 30 days.

I think management will be keen to take up this offer from the chinese so they can focus their efforts on the other projects in the pipeline (which they will have enough money for after production starts) so giving up 65% of after cost material and no possible dilution for us.

I haven't really heard much about the other projects since holding NTL for the last 9 months really, does anyone have any info on Rahu/Golden Valley/Northland?

Landyman
16-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Part of me is hoping that the Chinese thing falls over, and then will have a decent sell down, before a new deal is announced. 2014 - SP can only go up after that

jonu
16-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Part of me is hoping that the Chinese thing falls over, and then will have a decent sell down, before a new deal is announced. 2014 - SP can only go up after that

What do you mean by a decent sell down Landy? Sub 1 again? I hope not. But I agree I wouldn't shed any tears if this current proposal fell over. Maybe they can use it as leverage with another backer. As I said yesterday I think a plan 'b' is necessary.

Landyman
16-01-2014, 03:05 PM
What do you mean by a decent sell down Landy? Sub 1 again? I hope not. But I agree I wouldn't shed any tears if this current proposal fell over. Maybe they can use it as leverage with another backer. As I said yesterday I think a plan 'b' is necessary.

Yep, sub 1 would be good (thats me with the cheeky offer at 0.8). Im a long termer here, and unfortunately have a relatively high average cost of holdings :mad ;:

jonu
16-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Yep, sub 1 would be good (thats me with the cheeky offer at 0.8). Im a long termer here, and unfortunately have a relatively high average cost of holdings :mad ;:

I thought I had a cheeky offer in at 1.1 yesterday. It got taken out in half an hour of odd activity. I,ve been in and out of these guys and the previous guise (HGD), but my average is now a hair over 1.1, having got quite a few @ 0.9 a while ago. Sub 1 be buggered! She's at rock bottom now! Why? Because I haven't got any more free cash!:eek2:

clip
17-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Pretty minor news and i'm thinking we won't see any SP movement because of it. Nice to see them with a little more cash in the coffers for 2014 though :)

17th January 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ANNOUNCEMENT BY NEW TALISMAN GOLD MINES LIMITED (NTL, NTLOA or NTLO)
NEW TALISMAN COMPLETES SALE OF SHARES
- Sale of balance of Armadale Capital PLC (ACP) shares nets NZ$417,927
- Net return on capital invested in February 2013 of 38%

New Talisman Gold Mines announced today it has completed its program to sell down the Armadale Capital PLC (ACP) shares issued following the acquisition by ACP of NTL’s interests in the Mpokoto Gold Project.
Following the acquisition late last year of NTL’s interests in Mpokoto by Armadale Capital PLC, a UK listed entity, NTL received 93 Million ACP shares. NTL has now completed the sale of its shares in ACP netting a total of NZ$417,927. This represents a return on capital invested by NTL in February last year of 38%
Executive Director Matthew Hill said “New Talisman is pleased to have exited this investment on such satisfactory terms. The funds from the sale of the shares in ACP will be applied to the company’s Talisman project which received resource consents for proceeding with the Bulk Sampling phase of the project late last year.”
Matthew Hill
Executive Director
New Talisman Gold Mines Limited
Direct +64 27 5557737
matt@newtalisman.co.nz

Crow
17-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Pretty minor news and i'm thinking we won't see any SP movement because of it. Nice to see them with a little more cash in the coffers for 2014 though :)

17th January 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ANNOUNCEMENT BY NEW TALISMAN GOLD MINES LIMITED (NTL, NTLOA or NTLO)
NEW TALISMAN COMPLETES SALE OF SHARES
- Sale of balance of Armadale Capital PLC (ACP) shares nets NZ$417,927
- Net return on capital invested in February 2013 of 38%

New Talisman Gold Mines announced today it has completed its program to sell down the Armadale Capital PLC (ACP) shares issued following the acquisition by ACP of NTL’s interests in the Mpokoto Gold Project.
Following the acquisition late last year of NTL’s interests in Mpokoto by Armadale Capital PLC, a UK listed entity, NTL received 93 Million ACP shares. NTL has now completed the sale of its shares in ACP netting a total of NZ$417,927. This represents a return on capital invested by NTL in February last year of 38%
Executive Director Matthew Hill said “New Talisman is pleased to have exited this investment on such satisfactory terms. The funds from the sale of the shares in ACP will be applied to the company’s Talisman project which received resource consents for proceeding with the Bulk Sampling phase of the project late last year.”
Matthew Hill
Executive Director
New Talisman Gold Mines Limited
Direct +64 27 5557737
matt@newtalisman.co.nz

Yeah not really a price mover we knew they would be getting extra cash from the sale.....BUT you never know.

jonu
17-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Maybe not a price mover, but hopefully a "firmer" if that makes sense. Waiting, waiting, waiting....

Crow
17-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Maybe not a price mover, but hopefully a "firmer" if that makes sense. Waiting, waiting, waiting....

Till we break out of this range and the price is firmer for more than a week after a rise, I'm just being patient. It's really annoying though when they mess around with the spread. Earlier it was 0.012 - 0.013 then now look 0.011 - 0.013 and if you look at past it is a common theme. Oh well :p

Dej
21-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Whens the 30 days up moosie??

What outcome is everyone hoping will happen?

I hope the due diligence is a success and we go to a shareholder vote on what should be done. If this occurs I feel that having external confirmation that NTL could be operated profitably we could see NZ investors become more interested e.g. Newmount, in striking up a deal.

I think voting could go either way. There is two sides of the coin, if the deal is accepted then we are looking at fast tracking to mining and pulling the gold out of the ground. This involves less cost to the company and ultimately is faster in returning some gains to us, the share holders. But that comes at a cost. A majority of the gains received will be given to the investing company, which is a major downside and ultimately means less gains for us, if this is successful.

On the other side, we can wait for a better deal or try fund another way. This incurred more cost and less time getting the gold out of the ground. Ultimately means if its a success, the shareholders will achieve larger gains, but if we don't find a place to process the ore, we could be burning capital looking for someone to do it.

Thought I may try strike up some conversation on this thread, as if the DD is successful we will have to pass a vote!

Dej
21-01-2014, 05:44 PM
I know we also striked up a conversation when the initial offering came out about what the company should do, but now as we get closer the the time when we will see the results of the DD, I thought I would revive the convo and see if we can come to a conclusion.

Dej
21-01-2014, 06:29 PM
I've gone back through the HGD announcements and the approval of the mining permit was released to the market on 04/12/09.

HGD announcement (https://www.directbroking.co.nz/DirectTrade/dynamic/announcement.aspx?id=2395559)

As I recall, the permit stated that mining had to begin within 5 years.

Five years from the announcment is 04/12/14 or just over 10 months away.

Either we'll get going before then or have to work some magic around the permit.

Is it safe to say we'll be mining prior to the end of a 5 year period?

I sure hope so.

Still holding tightly :cool:

Well this suggests to me that we are in-between a rock and a hard place (gold potentially). If we accept the deal we will most definitely begin mining by the permit date. If we don't and try find a better deal, thats puts a huge time target on agreements!!

Still holding tight as well.

bucko
22-01-2014, 09:11 AM
I know we would not be getting as much out of the profits if we accept this deal but ultimitely i would like to see the company take the offer so mining can commence sooner rather than later, gold is predicted to make a rally over this year and potentially reach new highs so i wouldn't want the company to miss out on that, or miss out on the permit expiring before mining commences!

Also with the other projects NTL have in the pipeline i'd like to see all profits from the immediate future re-invested into these..diversification!

Brain
22-01-2014, 09:56 AM
I agree with Bucko. The company tried to raise 1.5M$ in September from shareholders and received $348,000. That was a particularly disappointing result. At that time I doubled my shareholding through the SPP. I think NTL shareholders had their chance. Clearly any subsequent deal to fund the mine is unlikely to be as advantageous to shareholders as the SPP would have been.

Brain

bucko
23-01-2014, 10:14 AM
7 days until its been 30 business days and thats including all the public holiday days, stretching it out a bit aren't they, any update would be nice? even if it was just to say the chinese have had the site tour? or negotiations are ongoing? anything! im dying right now haha the suspense is killing me, ive waited over a year for this! (i know some people here would have held for longer i am sure)

jonu
23-01-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm interested to hear some other opinions as to the various scenarios of this deal clicking or not. My own voice gets boring even to me!

1. Deal goes ahead. Seen as good by the wider market and sp rockets.

2. Deal goes ahead. Longterm s/holders see serious erosion of profits and don't like it-BUT do they bail, or hang on trying to salvage what they can?

3. Deal is canned. Initial drop in sp seen as an opportunity to top up by those who see greater profit available.

4. Deal is canned. Armageddon

I'm sure there are plenty of other possiblities.

Personally I'm picking no.1, but I would as I have a low average buy in. I think no.4 is not really at all likely as the company has made good progress in terms of consents etc, so still has a good future imho.

What do others think?

z0ton
23-01-2014, 03:53 PM
https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/188387.pdf

jonu
23-01-2014, 03:57 PM
I read it as a "let's dance some more before we head for bed darling";)

Landyman
23-01-2014, 04:08 PM
I read it as a "let's dance some more we head for bed darling";)

Is potential partners:
* there is one partner but multiple people OR
* there are other interested people, a completly different partner

Wishful thinking that its the later

jonu
23-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Is potential partners:
* there is one partner but multiple people OR
* there are other interested people, a completly different partner

Wishful thinking that its the later

To me it's pretty clear he's referring to the Chinese. Drawing things out is probably a smart move as it gives more time for the POG direction to be clarified. I don't see any reason why NTL can't be winking and blushing at other dance partners in the meantime.

Bobcat.
23-01-2014, 05:13 PM
NTL can wink all she likes at other dance partners but until they look over at her, thinks she's hot and consider her a good investment in time & money...she ain't nuthin' but a wall flower.

I'm a holder hoping that this wall flower doesn't get so desparate that she'll say yes to the first creep that sweet talks her into bed for a one-night stand. Her parents (shareholders) would not be pleased.

clip
24-01-2014, 09:12 AM
I don't understand why each day this week in pre-open there's been a 5000 bid matching the ask price. today again there is 5000 shares bid @ 0.014 = $70... is it likely a seller is buying their own shares to prop the price up, in the hopes that someone else will then come and take our the ask of maybe 100k+ shares @ 0.014?

Landyman
29-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Tick Tock tick tock

z0ton
30-01-2014, 04:26 PM
https://nzx.com/files/attachments/188630.pdf
https://nzx.com/files/attachments/188631.pdf

bucko
30-01-2014, 04:34 PM
some good progress made in the last quarter, and i like that cash increase! haha

i guess its going to be quiet now on the announcements until the end of Feb...then hopefully it'll be smooth sailing upwards from then on!

Stumpynuts
30-01-2014, 10:21 PM
https://nzx.com/files/attachments/188630.pdf

With regards to the HOA with Chinese investors for 65% of gold - The announcements says that this is for phase 1 only, so I must assume that NTL have a longer term picture in mind.
I'm thinking that NTL would also want the Chinese investor to spend all the money to clear up the old parts of the mine, improve foundation stability, geological surveying/seismic graphing etc in return for 65% of perhaps maybe 20,000-30,000 ounces of gold or whatever amount of gold they expect to dig up within first year or so (Phase 1?)

IMO what this means is that once phase 1 is complete NTL would no longer be obligated to continue with partnership with Chinese investor, thus allowing Phase 2/3/4 etc to continue by themselves.
They would then be able to dig into the deeper parts of the mine with the cash that they have saved up from the remaining 35% from phase 1.
Or seeing as the investor gets first rights of refusal for future developments they may be offered a proposal that is of a lesser value, or not worth taking up in future.

Perhaps the true value in unlocking NTL's SP lies in extremely high grades in extremely large quantities in the deeper parts of the mine. Deeper areas that are currently still not fully explored and assessed.

This is my conspiracy theory
What are all your thoughts?

elZorro
31-01-2014, 07:34 AM
From NZResources today, not much extra detail though.

Green and red tape being cut by New Talisman31 January 2014 In its long-awaited quest to get into re-establishing gold mining at the Talisman gold-silver mine at Karangahake, New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (NZX & ASX: NTL) says it made several advances during the quarter.
Apart from the well publicised signing of an agreement with a Chinese investor group for $NZ10.9 million development money, the company has also signed an access agreement with the Department of Conservation on the Karangahake area and had received resource consents for development from the Hauraki District Council.
Executive director Matthew Hill said that in the December quarter New Talisman had also raised $348,445 before expenses through a share purchase plan, with funds to be applied to bulk sampling and trial mining at Talisman.
As reported earlier the heads of agreement was signed with Hong Kong-linked St Albans Pty Ltd for full funding of phase one development at Talisman, with a management and technical team due on site early in February.
St Albans was investing $10.9 M in return for the right to earn a 65% interest in the physical gold won from the project.
The proposal provides for the investor to set up a separate processing facility to treat the ore and first right of refusal on future joint ventures with NTL.
Unlisted subsidiary Coromandel Gold Ltd holds the Golden Valley gold project, also in the Hauraki Goldfield, for which there is a drilling programme under review once targets have been verified.
The 21.7% owned Broken Hill Prospecting Ltd (ASX: BPL) is advancing studies on establishing a sulphuric acid industry with pyrite concentrate from its cobalt-rich deposits in the Broken Hill region of New South Wales.

Stumpynuts
31-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Yup I agree stumpy. The hope was for a nice rerate of the stock when mining was near/commenced but this has fallen by the wayside as the PoG plummetted and funding from easier sources never eventuated. it has again turned into a long term wait and see what happens next stock.

There may still yet be hope for shareholders if the US can't get it's sh*t together. POG may go up again?

jonu
31-01-2014, 03:38 PM
Matching trades on the 2 exchanges today. This isn't the first time I have noticed this. Anyone have a theory why?. Would it just be someone's trading policy? Seems a bit odd to me.

jonu
04-02-2014, 10:26 AM
The way international markets are playing out and the firming POG make me think this extension in d/d time could be a good thing. It's likely to make the Chinese keener and also NTL more aware of their potential value. I wonder if there is anything to stop NTL renegotiating as their outlook improves?

jonu
11-02-2014, 10:56 AM
POG currently sitting 40c off what most of the Gold Threaders are agreed is the resistance for a breakout. ($1275) If it does this has to be good news for NTL.

Bobcat.
11-02-2014, 11:17 AM
Best scenario for NTL is to wait for the bullish run in the Gold market (perhaps as early as this month), renegotiate with the Chinese or else walk away from the table to negotiate with another player. Act in haste, regret at leisure.

A rights issue is still in the back pocket, although again, it's unlikely to be well subscribed to until the bulls are once again all excited and institutions and financiers are knocking on our door, rather than the other way around.

jonu
11-02-2014, 02:13 PM
POG broken through to 1279 at time of writing. If she holds overnight it could be game on :)

Master98
13-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Mining protest in Coromandel
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/9717555/Mining-protest-in-Coromandel

lol, did those protesters scare Chinese investors away?

Crow
14-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Thanks for that. At least it shows that things are happening.

lol, did those protesters scare Chinese investors away?

Stumpynuts
14-02-2014, 10:52 AM

65% of 32,200 ounces of gold is only 20,930 ounces.
At a conservative $1100 POG rate it's only about $20mil gross return to Chinese investors. NTL gets the remainder which is gross $12mil.
Let's assume that all outgoings come to 65% of $12mil. That leaves NTL with $4.2mil cash, not factoring in future higher POG possibility (I haven't calculated what the outgoings are likely to be realistically - 65% seemed a good percentage IMO)

Remember as well this is all for Phase 1 only with first right of refusal for future phases. No obligations for future phases.
I reckon NTL would then have enough cash to fund their own work for the deeper parts of the mine, which is where the real SP value will be unlocked.

Stumpynuts
14-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Hatherine DelaC*nty

:eek2:

She misleads when she says an Australian company has the permit. NTL is in fact dual listed ASX/NZX company with registered office in Parnell, Auckland, NZ

Stumpynuts
25-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Unlisted options that expire in 2019, I think the secretary is going to retire in comfort & style ....... :t_up:

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/189878.pdf

bucko
03-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Can we get an update with the Chinese site visit? Any one know the date for the end of the extended period for this?

Landyman
03-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Ahhh, grasshopper, how long is a piece of string?

BigBob
10-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Ahhh, grasshopper, how long is a piece of string?

This is from the announcement regarding the extension...:

"New Talisman Gold Mines announced today that is has received a formal letter
of request for an extension to the signed Heads of Agreement (HOA) with St
Albans Pty Ltd dated 12th December 2013. The formal request is for a period
of 90 days from the date of the signed agreement to allow completion of
definitive agreements and technical due diligence."

By my reckoning the 90 days were up yesterday, so are we finaly getting close to the end of the string...?

BigBob
10-03-2014, 12:05 PM
This is from the announcement regarding the extension...:

"New Talisman Gold Mines announced today that is has received a formal letter
of request for an extension to the signed Heads of Agreement (HOA) with St
Albans Pty Ltd dated 12th December 2013. The formal request is for a period
of 90 days from the date of the signed agreement to allow completion of
definitive agreements and technical due diligence."

By my reckoning the 90 days were up yesterday, so are we finaly getting close to the end of the string...?

Doh.....!!! 90 days after 12 December is 12 March.... So that's this Wednesday instead... my bad...!

jonu
10-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Thanks Bigbob. I hadn't picked up on the start date myself. Sooner is better than later!

robbo24
10-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Might pay to email and ask 90 days as the crow flies or 90 business days.

Great idea Moosie, let's kick off another "Dear Nick" saga such as that at post #916 onwards! ;)

Minerbarejet
10-03-2014, 06:10 PM
Great idea Moosie, let's kick off another "Dear Nick" saga such as that at post #916 onwards! ;)Dear Nick,
We at NTL knew we would hear from you sooner or later. We trust your English classes are proceeding well enough for you to understand that what we mean by 90 days is 90 days. Not Sooner or Later but 90 days.
Whether they are business days is none of your business. Sooner or later you will be wanting to know if we have any gold but that is neither here nor there. We should be able to let you know soon, or a bit later on
Yours
Sioux

clip
10-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Nick reporting in,

perhaps I should reply to the last email I got from Sue and pester her some more :D Ahh the joys of being young and naiive.. I bet they forwarded my email around the NTL office and had a laugh there as well! :D

robbo24
10-03-2014, 07:36 PM
亲爱的 Nick,

请走开。我们不想让你窥探我们的业务遍布。

90天意味着走开,傻瓜。

从陈 St Albans Limited

[Popping this into Google translate is worth the laugh imo]

elZorro
10-03-2014, 07:52 PM
亲爱的 Nick,

请走开。我们不想让你窥探我们的业务遍布。

90天意味着走开,傻瓜。

从陈 St Albans Limited

[Popping this into Google translate is worth the laugh imo]

I can't get this link to work. But I think I get the gist. We all had our chance to stump up with a decent amount of cash and get this job done from NZ funds. For whatever reasons, we generally thought it was a long stretch. It's just as well all the people who flocked here in the 1860's to invest and work in horrible conditions on the goldfields, didn't think like we do now. There could be a NZ firm making the gear to extract this gold, and a few NZers employed to get it out.

Instead, a crowd from China that we've never heard of, will probably bring over some of their gear and some capital, and coincidentally take most of the gold. With the rights to take a lot more of whatever is left, after future exploration.

clip
10-03-2014, 10:08 PM
:laugh: "We do not want you to spy on our business all over." much engrish, such amuse

jonu
13-03-2014, 10:57 AM
Never mind the "Nick" stuff, we are seeing a firming of the share price, albeit on low volume. Just the improved POG or folks speculating on the JV outcome or some with a bit of inside info? I think we are in for an interesting few weeks here:)

Bobcat.
13-03-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm not getting overly excited. The bid side is very light (1.2c with little volume) and on the asx (which tends to drive the sp), bids start at 1c and that's only for 150k then nothing until 0.8c.

Still, historically, when there is a positive announcement, it spikes here in NZ for a couple of hours which is where some money can be made before the asx drags us back to earth. As for longer term, that depends on how well NTL Management negotiate a finance deal.

Have they proven themselves as able negotiators before? They will need to be in the current climate. Next month could well be different as Finance Houses realise the bullish trend that Gold has established over the past three months will likely continue, but lately gold juniors have had cap in hand when it comes to getting finance. If NTL have negotiated an improvement over what they indicated earlier then that will restore some confidence in their management.

Discl: holding a few but may sell half on a spike.

jonu
13-03-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm not getting overly excited. The bid side is very light (1.2c with little volume) and on the asx (which tends to drive the sp), bids start at 1c and that's only for 150k then nothing until 0.8c.

Still, historically, when there is a positive announcement, it spikes here in NZ for a couple of hours which is where some money can be made before the asx drags us back to earth. As for longer term, that depends on how well NTL Management negotiate a finance deal.

Have they proven themselves as able negotiators before? They will need to be in the current climate. Next month could well be different as Finance Houses realise the bullish trend that Gold has established over the past three months will likely continue, but lately gold juniors have had cap in hand when it comes to getting finance. If NTL have negotiated an improvement over what they indicated earlier then that will restore some confidence in their management.

Discl: holding a few but may sell half on a spike.

I agree with much of that Bobcat, although I'm not paying too much attention to the depth. The buys this morning weren't there as bids. I think even the deal that is on the table now adds value to the company, just not as much as they could get with some canny negotiating or a different strategy altogether.

Discl: Hold too many (but cheap:p)

Bobcat.
13-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Some insider trading this morning? Somebody just took the sp from 1.5c to 1.1c (i.e. down 30%) with a dump. Not bad news I trust (but their announcement is overdue, which is usually not a good sign).

BC

jonu
13-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Some insider trading this morning? Somebody just took the sp from 1.5c to 1.1c (i.e. down 30%) with a dump. Not bad news I trust (but their announcement is overdue, which is usually not a good sign).

BC

Seems a strange thing to do on the face of it, but you never know why someone needs to sell. At least it clears the worst of the overhang at 1.5!

bucko
17-03-2014, 08:28 AM
I don't know how this is going to play out when they do announce...If the chinese agree to a deal I'm guessing the price will spike (but how much???) as its not a signed agreement as it needs to be put to a vote before its accepted and if we dont accept that deal then it will tank again.

Although saying that, on a positive note. Maybe there is a delay in announcing because they are re-negotiating a much better deal given the price of gold??? which can only increase from here really, especially if they proove the Malaysian plane was taken for terrorism (hopefully not, thats quite worrying) and the situation in Ukraine is on tenterhooks with the voting just finished.

jonu
17-03-2014, 12:56 PM
POG is heading for $1400 as I write(1386). Timing couldn't be better. There's a healthy bid of 5 million wanted @ 1.1 in Oz but not much else. I suspect there will be a lot of cash waiting on the sidelines. There is bound to be a spike in my view. If the chinese deal is off it means more for existing shareholders, if it's on the cash starts to flow. It's been a long time coming but it is a nice position to be in.

Discl:Holding plenty

Landyman
19-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Theres a long tail in the the SELL column now - activity is expected....