PDA

View Full Version : NTL - New Talisman Mine - New board & Directors

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38

winner69
01-11-2023, 08:58 AM
They need better report writing skills.
The amount of times there has had to explanations as the obvious conclusions from what is stated in the report is actually not the reality.

Don't assume a thing despite how a report reads as it's probably not correct. Great!

Agree daytr ...clarity is important

nztx
01-11-2023, 07:19 PM
The Reporting & Progress to date is a vast improvement on what was seen under the former Board IMO :)

Ltw
02-11-2023, 09:08 AM
The Reporting & Progress to date is a vast improvement on what was seen under the former Board IMO :)

Completely Agree nztx.

Working in oil and gas industry (similar) the hoops, hurdles, red tape and compliance is a massive drag. What should and would normally take a week takes months and as soon as someone has to sign it off you can double it.

Sadly NZ has way too many wet behind the ears people in roles that have neither the nonuse, experience or balls to be there.

whatsup
02-11-2023, 09:21 AM
Completely Agree nztx.

Working in oil and gas industry (similar) the hoops, hurdles, red tape and compliance is a massive drag. What should and would normally take a week takes months and as soon as someone has to sign it off you can double it.

Sadly NZ has way too many wet behind the ears people in roles that have neither the nonuse, experience or balls to be there.

Sad but so true

Daytr
02-11-2023, 09:30 AM

Thats a pretty low bar.

Daytr
02-11-2023, 01:58 PM
NTL in the news.

https://www.waikatotimes.co.nz/a/nz-news/350100808/protest-rumbles-karangahake-gold-mine-set-reopen?utm_source=stuff_website&utm_medium=stuff_referral&utm_campaign=mh_stuff&utm_id=mh_stuff

sandi
02-11-2023, 02:38 PM
NZ is struggling as a country, you are so right NZ has to many people working in areas that are wet behind the ears , scared to make a decision and want to be seen as politically correct . Forgetting that taxes come from investment taxes build lifestyles and keep countries running.

Paint it Black
02-11-2023, 04:16 PM
NZ is struggling as a country, you are so right NZ has to many people working in areas that are wet behind the ears , scared to make a decision and want to be seen as politically correct . Forgetting that taxes come from investment taxes build lifestyles and keep countries running.

Well said Sandi. The worst thing is that the bureaucratic decisions take far too long. Time is money for entrepreneurs which many agency employees have no concept of in their cosy working from home lifestyles.

Paint it Black
02-11-2023, 04:33 PM
NTL in the news.

https://www.waikatotimes.co.nz/a/nz-news/350100808/protest-rumbles-karangahake-gold-mine-set-reopen?utm_source=stuff_website&utm_medium=stuff_referral&utm_campaign=mh_stuff&utm_id=mh_stuff

Thanks Daytr. One hopes that Catherine remembers that taxes are needed to pay her pension and the group's unemployment benefits or is she happy to forgo this? It is comforting to know we have a very experienced Board and as in the past NTL with their consents in place were well supported by the police.

kiwical
10-11-2023, 01:06 PM
NTL in the news.

https://www.waikatotimes.co.nz/a/nz-news/350100808/protest-rumbles-karangahake-gold-mine-set-reopen?utm_source=stuff_website&utm_medium=stuff_referral&utm_campaign=mh_stuff&utm_id=mh_stuff This article has made it to the (front page) of the local paper as well now.

I will say that the local feelings against mining in the Coromandel are loud, strong, and fairly well organised. It is something that can't be overlooked. I mean every second car there drives around with a "Coromandel no mining" bumper sticker. But much like those F*CK 1080" ones I suspect a lot of people have them for a fashion accessory as much as anything else. I was having a chat to a young man in his ute once who had a massive one across his windscreen. I asked about it and he told me "Yeah mate that 1080 stuff should be banned, look at all those forests destroyed and people killed in the Vietnam war from it." It was tempting but I decided to smile and walk away instead.

ThaiJohn
10-11-2023, 04:29 PM
I lost interest at "Coromandel Watchdog chairperson, and former Green MP Catherine Delahunty said...."

whatsup
10-11-2023, 10:28 PM
This article has made it to the (front page) of the local paper as well now.

I will say that the local feelings against mining in the Coromandel are loud, strong, and fairly well organised. It is something that can't be overlooked. I mean every second car there drives around with a "Coromandel no mining" bumper sticker. But much like those F*CK 1080" ones I suspect a lot of people have them for a fashion accessory as much as anything else. I was having a chat to a young man in his ute once who had a massive one across his windscreen. I asked about it and he told me "Yeah mate that 1080 stuff should be banned, look at all those forests destroyed and people killed in the Vietnam war from it." It was tempting but I decided to smile and walk away instead.

Yeh, Blind leading the blind !!

whatsup
10-11-2023, 10:30 PM
I lost interest at "Coromandel Watchdog chairperson, and former Green MP Catherine Delahunty said...."

"chairwomen," please, forget about this woke b s !

ThaiJohn
16-11-2023, 02:12 PM
Hmmmmm. :blink:

Daytr
16-11-2023, 03:58 PM
"chairwomen," please, forget about this woke b s !

Someone is easily triggered...

nztx
16-11-2023, 03:58 PM
When does the Fund start up for contributions to go mining these backwards ejected Political Green Snails
and other obstructive Rif Raf determined to make a nuisance of themselves ? ;)

Nothing like a bit of other mining one by one alongside the mainstream target :)

ThaiJohn
19-11-2023, 04:00 PM
I wonder what they do all day, at H/O and at the mine. :blink:

blackcap
20-11-2023, 08:38 AM
I wonder what they do all day, at H/O and at the mine. :blink:

If you look at the number of employees (1) (and part time at that) I am not sure as to the "they" you are referring to. I don't even think there is a Head office. Didn't NTL sub lease that to save some dosh?

ThaiJohn
24-11-2023, 12:29 PM
Hmmm...��

"NTL advises a clerical error resulted in section 7 of the ASX report and section 6 of the NZX report being incomplete. There were no changes to any other portions of the report. Please find attached the fully completed report to 30 September 2023"

winner69
24-11-2023, 01:04 PM
Hmmm...��

"NTL advises a clerical error resulted in section 7 of the ASX report and section 6 of the NZX report being incomplete. There were no changes to any other portions of the report. Please find attached the fully completed report to 30 September 2023"

Seems they forgot about the $1,000,000 Convertible Notes

The Clerk put N/A in that space first time around …oops

nztx
24-11-2023, 04:42 PM
Seems they forgot about the $1,000,000 Convertible Notes

The Clerk put N/A in that space first time around …oops

sounds like a material omission ..

Sideshow Bob
29-11-2023, 02:21 PM
HY Report

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/422627/408535.pdf

Landyman
29-11-2023, 03:08 PM
Still says draft on page 3.
Illegal mining activity - maybe a former chairman needing to pay for his FMA case.

Hopefully the DOC visit in November will grease the wheels and cut through the red tape

ThaiJohn
29-11-2023, 03:57 PM
So, it's DOC who is holding up the dig? Anything / anyone else?

Waikaka
29-11-2023, 04:07 PM
I read the recent announcement.

Then I read this announcement from 2013.

https://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.nz/2013/11/talisman-mine-acess-arrangement-and-resource-consents/

Seems like they were closer to mining in 2013. How time flies.

Toddy
29-11-2023, 04:22 PM
I read the recent announcement.

Then I read this announcement from 2013.

https://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.nz/2013/11/talisman-mine-acess-arrangement-and-resource-consents/

Seems like they were closer to mining in 2013. How time flies.

Has a forecast too. Expect 32,200 ounces of gold within the first five years.

nztx
29-11-2023, 09:34 PM
Still says draft on page 3.

Illegal mining activity - maybe a former chairman needing to pay for his FMA case.

Hopefully the DOC visit in November will grease the wheels and cut through the red tape

Haha .. but "Based on my review, nothing has come to my attention that causes me to believe that the interim
financial statements of the Group do not present fairly"

Head examiner of the Keeper of Books say he see nothing :)

Perhaps looking in the GAAP isn't required any more ..

haewai
30-11-2023, 08:52 AM
So, it's DOC who is holding up the dig? Anything / anyone else?

The generic application form for access and operate can be found online; I was wondering about sufficient community/iwi engagement.
HY report didn't give any new info on processing options.

sandi
02-12-2023, 03:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5tM8CgBMc
This might be the person mining our gold.

winner69
02-12-2023, 03:54 PM

Your doing sandi?

Daytr
02-12-2023, 03:56 PM
Has a forecast too. Expect 32,200 ounces of gold within the first five years.

Well let's hope it's 32,000 toz of gold not golf...
as the report says.
That's a pretty big handicap!

sandi
02-12-2023, 04:05 PM
Yes I posted it I found it on Youtube

winner69
02-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Yes I posted it I found it on Youtube

Thought you might have filmed it ….and got the inside info

sandi
02-12-2023, 04:20 PM
No, I didn't film it ! I just thought it was a bit of a cheek that he filmed it, knowing all the red tape for the Company, has and is going through he could get hurt its been viewed over 700 times

Toddy
02-12-2023, 04:22 PM
Thought you might have filmed it ….and got the inside info

Was the mine security guard out for lunch.

Daytr
02-12-2023, 04:35 PM

Closer than anyone else has got in a while...

Hey but remember it's only 30 days until first production!

nztx
02-12-2023, 10:08 PM
Here's another few:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mby2WfYwLaY

17.16 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rsJKPM3lOw
More old mines of Mount Karangahake, New Zealand
37.13 mins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIV_JhlCuoc
Episode 7, Karangahake, Crown & Talisman Gold Mines, Part 2
13.41 mins

clip
03-12-2023, 03:07 PM
Comment from the uploader of the video - may not actually be of NTL

"I saw the gates to the working part of New Talisman Mine and didn't go in there. The mines I went in are above the level being worked and technically are probably not part of new Talisman Mine. I was just struggling for a name in the right area.....at least one Mine I went in looked promising for future mining but I've no idea what the assay on it would b"

whatsup
04-12-2023, 01:13 PM
Gold at ATH @ US $2100 =NZ $3350 today, I guess if they finally get to mine any gold then the wait could be worth it "if" they finally do so, could be one of the better " investments " on the N Z board atm !

Toddy
04-12-2023, 02:06 PM
Lock it in. Forward selling at good prices (hedging) is normal in the Industry.

Daytr
04-12-2023, 02:15 PM
Lock it in. Forward selling at good prices (hedging) is normal in the Industry.

Not any more it isn't. It's been completely out of vogue for well over a decade, unless its to protect debt, as shareholders want exposure to the gold price. I agree it's a good level though especially with the contango involved.

And before you hedge, you need to know how much you are going to produce.

Gold looks over cooked on the chart to me.
Big over bought signal & now $60 off its highs this morning. Needs to hold that $2,075 area otherwise it could be quite a precipitous drop.

Toddy
04-12-2023, 02:23 PM
It would be a great trade then. Forward sell at these over inflated prices and then buy back when they realise that they can't deliver the gold.

Daytr
04-12-2023, 02:28 PM
It would be a great trade then. Forward sell at these over inflated prices and then buy back when they realise that they can't deliver the gold.

Potentially, but if gold goes up & they can't produce the gold, the company then goes into receivership.

whatsup
04-12-2023, 03:16 PM
Potentially, but if gold goes up & they can't produce the gold, the company then goes into receivership.

Nah, IMHO does a C R to cover that loss, with 700k oz deposit NTL has a good future once they get the necessary permits etc.

Daytr
04-12-2023, 03:18 PM
Nah, IMHO does a C R to cover that loss, with 700k oz deposit NTL has a good future once they get the necessary permits etc.

Yep most likely.
After all the shareholders are used to throwing money at it.
Better to buy Put Options.

Or use the forward curve & current volatility & strike an atm collar.
It would look pretty attractive with the current variables.

ThaiJohn
06-12-2023, 11:27 AM
And.....another year almost gone :glare:

Daytr
06-12-2023, 11:38 AM
And.....another year almost gone :glare:

No but they will be in production in the 2nd half of 2023!

ThaiJohn
06-12-2023, 11:47 AM

Excellent!! I look forward to it. Hang on...:confused:

Toddy
06-12-2023, 12:07 PM
To save money on 'market disclosures' going forward, maybe RUA, CRP and NTL could just make joint market disclosures.

In order not offend anyone, the disclosures would have to follow RUAs board meetings on the full moon.

nztx
06-12-2023, 12:37 PM
To save money on 'market disclosures' going forward, maybe RUA, CRP and NTL could just make joint market disclosures.

In order not offend anyone, the disclosures would have to follow RUAs board meetings on the full moon.

Hey come on now - you don't want to sent NZX bankrupt just yet before NTL slaps the gold on the deck ? :)

Poor old NZX looks to be farewelling further fee paying listers as it is .. again :)

Toddy
06-12-2023, 02:36 PM
Hey come on now - you don't want to sent NZX bankrupt just yet before NTL slaps the gold on the deck ? :)

Poor old NZX looks to be farewelling further fee paying listers as it is .. again :)

The NZX days are numbered for sure. Most of the NZ Companies that I am invested in are dual listed.

nztx
06-12-2023, 07:48 PM
The NZX days are numbered for sure. Most of the NZ Companies that I am invested in are dual listed.

They still haven't learned much even since Sharesys landed, and the addition of more Funds than you could
wave a stick at to combat the drift still hasn't aided the listing quotas .. do NZX have a marketing & Biz Development
Dept or is it away permanently on holiday on full pay ? ;)

Any more junk listings of the creative kind padding the slate must surely be an annoyance for more .. :)

nztx
06-12-2023, 07:52 PM

must be in the week after Christmas now :)

ThaiJohn
08-12-2023, 01:29 AM
Where's the gold Jonu?

nztx
08-12-2023, 06:23 PM
Where's the gold Jonu?

Please try to be kind .. Rumour has it that a hoard of Govt Papershufflers & Stamp Appliers in Welly have been so worried about whether they will still have jobs, that they haven't been able to concentrate on the work in hand :)

Paint it Black
09-12-2023, 04:17 PM
Please try to be kind .. Rumour has it that a hoard of Govt Papershufflers & Stamp Appliers in Welly have been so worried about whether they will still have jobs, that they haven't been able to concentrate on the work in hand :)

Probably wanting to know what community consultation has taken place to fill in the box. Difficult to answer with extremists unwilling to listen and understand the environmental protection conditioned to bring out the gold. Imagine the tourism benefits to the area featuring the old stamping battery etc and selling NTL green gold from the historic mine. Anyway, as with the Port of Tauranga consenting delays, we now have the right government in place to properly deal with this and progress NZ. Hopefully we will get a status update from the Board in the next week or so including the processing route. Hopefully new board member Richard Tacon's experience is being utilised especially with the processing route.

ThaiJohn
13-12-2023, 03:01 PM
tumbleweeds..
more tumbleweeds and a rattler in the background...the odd skull lying about... spoof western music playing. A drunk shareholder asleep under a rock..Sergio Leone walking around in circles waiting for something...

kiora
13-12-2023, 03:27 PM
Maybe Rattlesnake and Tumbleweeds more orderly ?
More soothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlK-8t0LhQ4

nztx
13-12-2023, 05:12 PM
18 days of the year left to wake a sleeping Civil Servant up in Welly to an outstanding task before New Year hits :)

Let's hope the large feast of Turkey & Departmental Plonk don't knock them out for the duration ..

Toddy
13-12-2023, 05:28 PM
Opportunity to call Discovery and make a Gold Rush TV series.

The semi redundant security guard could take a trip to Wellington and bang on the Te papa atawhai door.

haewai
13-12-2023, 09:05 PM

It's not DOC's fault that there has been a general election and then interregnum. Decisions are difficult in such times.

Toddy
13-12-2023, 09:13 PM
It's not DOC's fault that there has been a general election and then interregnum. Decisions are difficult in such times.

People are protesting as the Government unbans the bans. Maybe the mine security guard will be rushed off his feet soon.

ThaiJohn
14-12-2023, 01:22 AM
I'm starting to warm towards Shane Jones.."
Resources Minister Shane Jones has gone "full Trump" and declared "war on nature" with comments he made about mining, a conservation group says. Speaking in Parliament on Tuesday, Jones, a New Zealand First MP, said that "mining is coming back".
"We most certainly need those rare earth minerals. In those areas called the Department of Conservation (DOC) estate, where it's stewardship land, stewardship land is not DOC land, and if there is a mineral, if there is a mining opportunity and it's impeded by a blind frog, goodbye, Freddy."

nztx
16-12-2023, 01:26 AM
The day of reckoning approaches:

Thanks to NBR for publishing the Free Mugshot -

https://www.nbr.co.nz/law/former-new-talisman-ceos-market-manipulation-case-set-for-early-2024/

former-new-talisman-ceos-market-manipulation-case-set-for-early-2024

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/nz/news/breaking-news/fma-sums-up-20212022-activities-433923.aspx

In the report, the FMA listed its activities to help deter financial misconduct, including:

Filing civil High Court proceedings against Matthew Geoffrey Hill, now the former CEO of NZX-listed New Talisman Gold Mines Limited, for alleged information-based market manipulation and making false and misleading representations, which were made on an online forum

12.8.2021 Article link:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126047850/financial-markets-authority-accuses-new-talisman-gold-mines-chief-executive-of-market-manipulation

Financial Markets Authority accuses New Talisman Gold Mines' chief executive of 'market manipulation'

Joshuatree
16-12-2023, 08:45 AM
[COLOR=#414042][FONT=ArimoBold]Resources Minister Shane Jones has gone "full Trump" and declared "war on nature" ..... "and if there is a mineral, if there is a mining opportunity and it's impeded by a blind frog, goodbye, Freddy."

And It's that sort of attitude which has got this planet where it is today,in decline ,in peril...so inconvenient ehh.

Daytr
16-12-2023, 09:15 AM
Resources Minister Shane Jones has gone "full Trump" and declared "war on nature" with comments he made about mining, a conservation group says. Speaking in Parliament on Tuesday, Jones, a New Zealand First MP, said that "mining is coming back".
"We most certainly need those rare earth minerals. In those areas called the Department of Conservation (DOC) estate, where it's stewardship land, stewardship land is not DOC land, and if there is a mineral, if there is a mining opportunity and it's impeded by a blind frog, goodbye, Freddy."

Trumpism is the last thing we want in NZ

Daytr
16-12-2023, 09:17 AM

https://www.nbr.co.nz/law/former-new-talisman-ceos-market-manipulation-case-set-for-early-2024/

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/nz/news/breaking-news/fma-sums-up-20212022-activities-433923.aspx

12.8.2021 Article link:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/126047850/financial-markets-authority-accuses-new-talisman-gold-mines-chief-executive-of-market-manipulation

Financial Markets Authority accuses New Talisman Gold Mines' chief executive of 'market manipulation'

So did Matt Hill post on ST in the past?
I assume this is the forum they are referring to?
Or was it Hot Copper?

winner69
16-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Or was it Hot Copper?

Yes he did post on ST

Thread was up for some time but seems to have been taken down

blackcap
16-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Or was it Hot Copper?

It was definitely sharetrader. There is a whole archive of his posts that you can view.

He still posts on Hotcopper now.

winner69
16-12-2023, 09:28 AM
https://www.fma.govt.nz/news/all-releases/media-releases/fma-accuses-ceo-of-market-manipulation-for-anonymous-posts-on-investor-forum/

The background for daytr

Daytr
16-12-2023, 10:05 AM
https://www.fma.govt.nz/news/all-releases/media-releases/fma-accuses-ceo-of-market-manipulation-for-anonymous-posts-on-investor-forum/

The background for daytr

Cheers.
As I've mentioned before, I spoke to him probably 10 years ago not long after I returned to NZ wanting to see if there were opportunities for board positions.

After hanging up the phone I realised he had no intention of ever going into production, and described the company on here as a complete dog.

With 90% of shareholder value now wiped out it may actually become something, a very small something.

dubya
16-12-2023, 10:19 AM
And lest we forget......he was so epidermis thickness challenged he used to PM other Sharetrader posters (posing as ‘Bullish’ in my case) asking them questions and asking for their views about Mathew Hill :eek2: :)

Daytr
16-12-2023, 11:02 AM
And lest we forget......he was so epidermis thickness challenged he used to PM other Sharetrader posters (posing as ‘Bullish’ in my case) asking them questions and asking for their views about Mathew Hill :eek2: :)

Wow really.
Sounds like a personality disorder going on there.

whatsup
18-12-2023, 10:56 AM

12.8.2021 Article link:

Thank you nztx for posting this , I as a shareholder of some approx 40 something in this project would like to make representation if this comes to trial, how can I achieve this wish ?

nztx
21-12-2023, 01:51 AM
Thank you nztx for posting this , I as a shareholder of some approx 40 something in this project would like to make representation if this comes to trial, how can I achieve this wish ?

Worth having a word with FMA on this ?

Landyman
21-12-2023, 08:06 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. Jonu, lets hope you get some big scissors for Christmas so you can cut the tape on the mine in the NY - permits just around the corner.

sandi
21-12-2023, 07:14 PM
Merry Christmas everyone. Jonu, lets hope you get some big scissors for Christmas so you can cut the tape on the mine in the NY - permits just around the corner.

Merry Christmas to you all.

ThaiJohn
02-01-2024, 03:57 PM
Will 2024 be NTL's year? :blink:

Toddy
02-01-2024, 09:13 PM
What would Dave Turin say if he had his guys look over this mine.

ThaiJohn
03-01-2024, 12:01 AM
Yes, what would he say Matthew Hill??
Feel free to contribute to the conversation...

Toddy
03-01-2024, 08:13 AM
Yes, what would he say Matthew Hill??
Feel free to contribute to the conversation...

Time is running out. That could be the season done. Without a licence you have nothing.

haewai
03-01-2024, 09:53 AM
Time is running out. That could be the season done. Without a licence you have nothing.

Same with a processing plant. No clarity there yet.

ThaiJohn
03-01-2024, 12:58 PM
Containerise it then ship to Aussie for processing.

Toddy
03-01-2024, 01:10 PM
Containerise it then ship to Aussie for processing.

That would be a Todd Hoffman plan. Get the equity investors to pay for everything.

ThaiJohn
03-01-2024, 03:46 PM
Anything to get the F'n ball rolling.

ThaiJohn
10-01-2024, 02:23 PM
Looking forward to our new government cutting all the red tape and getting into it this year.

An Australian mining company has told its investors a gold discovery in Central Otago, near Bendigo, may be the largest gold discovery in New Zealand in 40 years. (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/gold-in-them-hills-otago-on-the-cusp-of-another-gold-rush/J4NLF3GYMARTRVYZVZTUQZMZAA/)Santana Minerals, which is listed on the Australian stock exchange, estimates the resource contains 2.6 million ounces of gold, at an average concentration of 2.5g per tonne. It said they were blessed with infrastructure, being an hour’s drive from Queenstown with major hydropower nearby, major roads in place, accessible fresh water, and a “supportive new government”. ��

Toddy
10-01-2024, 02:40 PM
Looking forward to our new government cutting all the red tape and getting into it this year.

An Australian mining company has told its investors a gold discovery in Central Otago, near Bendigo, may be the largest gold discovery in New Zealand in 40 years. (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/gold-in-them-hills-otago-on-the-cusp-of-another-gold-rush/J4NLF3GYMARTRVYZVZTUQZMZAA/)Santana Minerals, which is listed on the Australian stock exchange, estimates the resource contains 2.6 million ounces of gold, at an average concentration of 2.5g per tonne. It said they were blessed with infrastructure, being an hour’s drive from Queenstown with major hydropower nearby, major roads in place, accessible fresh water, and a “supportive new government”. ��

Completely opposite to NTL situation. Native bush, not much room to operate, tight winding roads, no capital etc etc

ThaiJohn
10-01-2024, 03:20 PM
Completely opposite to NTL situation. Native bush, not much room to operate, tight winding roads, no capital etc etc

and a “supportive new government” was what I was more alluding to.

Toddy
10-01-2024, 03:46 PM
Bendigo is like Macraes. Rabbit infested tussock and rock country.

Where as the Gorge and area where NTL are playing is significantly different.

Yes, atleast a Government prepared to listen.

Daytr
10-01-2024, 04:04 PM

And a top class Chair in Peter Cook.
He messaged me just before Christmas about Santana. Probably would have struggled under Labour, but NAF will be all over it I'm sure.

Paint it Black
10-01-2024, 05:49 PM

Reading the ChCh Press today there is likely to be opposition from the horticulturists with partial open cast being proposed and their processing includes cyanide treatment. The concentration of 2.5g/tonne is also low. More interesting to me is a proposal by Federation to construct a processing plant in Reefton over the next 9 months for their mine there.

Toddy
10-01-2024, 06:54 PM
Par for the course to protest. The horticulture industry is insignificant in that area.

Toddy
16-01-2024, 03:55 PM
Has the Security guard started back at work yet. Was thinking about going exploring in the shafts.

Landyman
17-01-2024, 08:11 AM
Has the Security guard started back at work yet. Was thinking about going exploring in the shafts.

take some scissors and cut the red tape while you are there

Paint it Black
19-01-2024, 12:37 PM
take some scissors and cut the red tape while you are there

The red tape is probably taking extended holiday and sick leave now or maybe made redundant. Maybe the next quarterly at the end of the month will surprise?

nztx
19-01-2024, 06:40 PM
The red tape is probably taking extended holiday and sick leave now or maybe made redundant. Maybe the next quarterly at the end of the month will surprise?

A surprise Cap Raise ? :)

winner69
23-01-2024, 02:11 PM
Cool looking NZX leaderboard at moment

CRAP the star and NTL a real laggard

Toddy
23-01-2024, 03:11 PM
The Government employees started back at work today. So the BAU approvals will be processed in no time and NTL will be a star again. Well, atleast for a day.

Paint it Black
23-01-2024, 03:27 PM
The Government employees started back at work today. So the BAU approvals will be processed in no time and NTL will be a star again. Well, atleast for a day.

So it will be another week before they really start work. Need to water the pot plant first!

nztx
23-01-2024, 04:39 PM
So it will be another week before they really start work. Need to water the pot plant first!

Probably more like replace the lot on most withered away & died in their absence ;)

ThaiJohn
23-01-2024, 04:49 PM
So, what do you reckon guys. NTL going to fire this year or will I have to spend another 12 months sitting on the beach looking out to sea.

nztx
23-01-2024, 05:02 PM
So, what do you reckon guys. NTL going to fire this year or will I have to spend another 12 months sitting on the beach looking out to sea.

Heard about the Golden Beach between Aussie & Asia ? They're counting in $10's of mils and even bringing out their own minted Gold standard up that way to celebrate :)

ThaiJohn
24-01-2024, 01:27 PM
Heard about the Golden Beach between Aussie & Asia ? They're counting in $10's of mils and even bringing out their own minted Gold standard up that way to celebrate :)

No, I haven't. I will take a looksy. :drool:

nztx
25-01-2024, 04:22 PM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/former-new-talisman-gold-mines-ceo-matthew-hill-admits-breaching-financial-markets-legislation/X4PMOS7RHFEQPE4LH2ANLWTHSM/

Former New Talisman Gold Mines CEO Matthew Hill admits breaching Financial Markets legislation

Matthew Hill, the former chief executive of NZX-listed New Talisman Gold Mines Limited, has admitted making false and misleading representations on a sharemarket chatroom, in breach of the Financial Markets Conduct Act.

The case relates to anonymous posts the Financial Markets Authority (FMA) alleged Hill had made about the company on the Sharetrader website’s online investor forum.

The FMA filed civil proceedings against Hill in August 2021.

Hill admitted to breaching section 22(d) of the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013.

The parties have asked the Court to convene an agreed penalty hearing at the High Court in Auckland. The FMA will no longer pursue aspects of the original proceeding relating to market manipulation.

Who this fellow admitting bad things ? ;)

Disappointingly the FMA don't even seem too interested in pointing a plume of supercharged hot steam at the guilty target either ;)

CD_CHCH
25-01-2024, 06:14 PM
The term 'wet bus ticket' springs to mind here...

Baa_Baa
25-01-2024, 06:22 PM
The term 'wet bus ticket' springs to mind here...

Smacks of a plea deal, plead guilty to the lesser charge and the more serious charge is dropped. Disappointing.

CD_CHCH
25-01-2024, 06:50 PM
FMA Feeble Minded Attitude?

Antipodean
26-01-2024, 09:45 AM
Egregious behaviour, damaging to both this company and the wider NZX.

This person was extremely well compensated while at, and during leaving, this company. While flagrantly breaking the law in the process.

nztx
26-01-2024, 11:43 PM
No, I haven't. I will take a looksy. :drool:

that golden beach is continuing to look bullish :)

sandi
27-01-2024, 06:48 PM
https://www.thepress.co.nz/nz-news/350145560/new-zealand-gold-discoveries-worth-billions-dollars
Interesting !

ThaiJohn
27-01-2024, 07:27 PM
It's starting. The shackles are coming off. Fun times are ahead.

Daytr
28-01-2024, 08:49 AM
https://www.thepress.co.nz/nz-news/350145560/new-zealand-gold-discoveries-worth-billions-dollars
Interesting !

Amazing, we find out more through the press than the company reports to its stakeholders.

swissboy
28-01-2024, 09:08 AM
Maybe but it was released on Saturday, so no Market announcement possible but will we start the trading day on Tuesday with a halt and also how high will it go when actually opening ?

blackcap
28-01-2024, 09:09 AM
Amazing, we find out more through the press than the company reports to its stakeholders.

A lot of the footage was old stuff, from a long time ago. Like NTL company Director Murray Stevens.....

Even the image of Lincloln in the mine I believe was from ages ago. So no new info there.

The Press is just writing an article on gold mining "fever" in the SI and added a whole bunch of fluff pieces.

winner69
28-01-2024, 09:13 AM
Maybe but it was released on Saturday, so no Market announcement possible but will we start the trading day on Tuesday with a halt and also how high will it go when actually opening ?

Markets are open tomorrow …hope we hear tomorrow then …even if only a trading halt

Daytr
28-01-2024, 09:30 AM
A lot of the footage was old stuff, from a long time ago. Like NTL company Director Murray Stevens.....

Even the image of Lincloln in the mine I believe was from ages ago. So no new info there.

The Press is just writing an article on gold mining "fever" in the SI and added a whole bunch of fluff pieces.

You don't think 6 people working underground to get the mine ready for production is of significant interest to shareholders who have been hanging on for donkeys years for practical news of moving towards production?

blackcap
28-01-2024, 09:55 AM
You don't think 6 people working underground to get the mine ready for production is of significant interest to shareholders who have been hanging on for donkeys years for practical news of moving towards production?

Already announced on the 1st September...

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/417542/402092.pdf

Daytr
28-01-2024, 11:14 AM
Already announced on the 1st September...

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/417542/402092.pdf

Blackcap, I understand you & Jonu regularly see things that aren't there.
But where does tge company announcement say it has a team is underground preparing the mine for production?

An inspection is one thing, actual work underground is another.

Toddy
28-01-2024, 11:24 AM
I remember saying that it wasn't good management paying wages for a team when the license to mine hadn't been approved.

A Director replied and said that they have 'not' engaged the contractors to date to work.

Confused.

haewai
28-01-2024, 01:04 PM
It's probably a matter of interpretation, but NTL has been preparing for production for many years. There's been no news on the two outstanding obstacles- the licence to operate and processing.

Daytr
28-01-2024, 01:32 PM
It's probably a matter of interpretation, but NTL has been preparing for production for many years. There's been no news on the two outstanding obstacles- the licence to operate and processing.

Haewai, you have a liberal interpretation of the word preparing. 🤣

Paint it Black
28-01-2024, 03:09 PM

Definitely reassuring to hear this confirmation from Terra Firma pending the licence to operate which seems to be the final hurdle to get ore out of the mine. Processing to generate cash is still an unknown though but maybe more will be said in the quarterly due early next week? Although much that was published is old keeping the exciting potential and minimal impact of the mine in the public eye has to be positive. I don't think the article will result in any trading halt though.

blackcap
28-01-2024, 06:38 PM
Blackcap, I understand you & Jonu regularly see things that aren't there.
But where does tge company announcement say it has a team is underground preparing the mine for production?

An inspection is one thing, actual work underground is another.

I will let that initial slur slide. The second paragraph states that they are working to prepare the mine and planning. Why else would you do that if not for production? I presume that inspection (esp the structural integrity) would mean going underground?

Toddy
28-01-2024, 09:14 PM
Definitely reassuring to hear this confirmation from Terra Firma pending the licence to operate which seems to be the final hurdle to get ore out of the mine. Processing to generate cash is still an unknown though but maybe more will be said in the quarterly due early next week? Although much that was published is old keeping the exciting potential and minimal impact of the mine in the public eye has to be positive. I don't think the article will result in any trading halt though.

Can you buy shares in Terra Firma. Sounds like that's where the money is at.

Daytr
29-01-2024, 09:17 AM
I will let that initial slur slide. The second paragraph states that they are working to prepare the mine and planning. Why else would you do that if not for production? I presume that inspection (esp the structural integrity) would mean going underground?

So, I accuse you of seeing things that aren't there, you say it's a slur, and then you do exactly that, see something that is not there!
An inspection is not working to prepare the mine for production as you suggest. No wonder you & Jonu agree on so much!

The full announcement below.

"NTL is pleased to announce it has received official approval from the Department of Conservation for access underground in the Talisman mine. This is an important milestone for the company while it awaits the review of the Talisman Mine Workplan and issuance of the Authority to Enter and Operate by the Department .Our appointed mine operator, Terra Firma Mining Limited, will now be able to undertake a thorough inspection of the mine, including its structural integrity, and electrical and ventilation systems. Terra Firma will also now be able to carry out detailed planning for a commencement of the Bulk Sampling Programme and advancing the drive on Mystery vein"

blackcap
29-01-2024, 10:41 AM
So, I accuse you of seeing things that aren't there, you say it's a slur, and then you do exactly that, see something that is not there!
An inspection is not working to prepare the mine for production as you suggest. No wonder you & Jonu agree on so much!

The full announcement below.

"NTL is pleased to announce it has received official approval from the Department of Conservation for access underground in the Talisman mine. This is an important milestone for the company while it awaits the review of the Talisman Mine Workplan and issuance of the Authority to Enter and Operate by the Department .Our appointed mine operator, Terra Firma Mining Limited, will now be able to undertake a thorough inspection of the mine, including its structural integrity, and electrical and ventilation systems. Terra Firma will also now be able to carry out detailed planning for a commencement of the Bulk Sampling Programme and advancing the drive on Mystery vein"

Of course it is. You cannot produce until the mine has been inspected and given the A OK to operate. I am not sure what else preparation is supposed to involve?

jonu
29-01-2024, 10:48 AM
Of course it is. You cannot produce until the mine has been inspected and given the A OK to operate. I am not sure what else preparation is supposed to involve?

From the half year report released in November

"Following our successful capital raise, significant progress has been made with Talisman mine and we are now ready to resume
production, alongside progressing the Second Egress. "

John Upperton
NTL Director

Landyman
29-01-2024, 12:06 PM
Happy days may be here soon. Shame the FMA couldnt bash Matt Hill a bit harder, financial penalties could have funded processing plant - not thats how the penalties would have been applied.

Paint it Black
29-01-2024, 03:33 PM

"Following our successful capital raise, significant progress has been made with Talisman mine and we are now ready to resume

John Upperton
NTL Director

Thanks Jonu. But please confirm what final regulatory approvals are needed to allow production to begin?

whatsup
30-01-2024, 10:43 AM
Can someone please copy and past the Snowy River Project previously known as the Blackwater Mine in the S I from yesterdays N Z Herald ?
This operation just shows how getting a mine into production should happen, based on this article if NTL can ever achieve the same then NTL will be a very successful producer and repay their poor suffering share holders for many years to come with both handsome dividends and a greatly enhanced share price.

Daytr
30-01-2024, 10:57 AM

John Upperton
NTL Director

Why isn't this report loaded on NTL's website?
When I go into the half yearly you describe the link goes to a 2022 report. This is not the first time this has happened. I raised a similar issue 6 months or so ago. Click on the link & see what you can bring up.

Don't get me wrong this seems like great news, it's just a pity the company has had a litany of errors on the communication front to stakeholders and exchanges.

Perhaps Jonu could confirm for all of us when the report is loaded on their website?
Meanwhile, refer to the NZX site as at least it has been published there.

https://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.nz/category/stock-exchange-reports/

clip
30-01-2024, 12:42 PM
Just use the NZX website, the information you want is available, if you are that concerned you should email the company via published contact methods instead of wasting your time complaining to anyone who cares (nobody) on a public message board

Bill Smith
30-01-2024, 01:12 PM
Just use the NZX website, the information you want is available, if you are that concerned you should email the company via published contact methods instead of wasting your time complaining to anyone who cares (nobody) on a public message board

But doing that would deprive daytr of his childish pleasure of firing his barbs at Jonu.

Daytr
30-01-2024, 01:46 PM
But doing that would deprive daytr of his childish pleasure of firing his barbs at Jonu.

Is that the same Jonu that continually spruiked this stock for years whilst it lost 85% of its value?

I call out companies that make mistakes & NTL have made numerous, it wasn't Jonu who wrote the half yearly or would have been responsible for loading the correct report to their website.
So it's only you that are jumping to the conclusion that he is responsible for the cock up not me.

Good luck to all holders it's sounds like some traction might finally be around the corner, although a myriad of questions to still be answered.

Daytr
30-01-2024, 02:13 PM

You are obviously not concerned about other shareholders & potential shareholders missing out on vital information. Poor form Clip.
Stop making excuses for them.

blackcap
30-01-2024, 02:48 PM

Yes correct. I always us the NZX or proxy via my broker and never the company website for "market announcements".

clip
30-01-2024, 02:53 PM
You are obviously not concerned about other shareholders & potential shareholders missing out on vital information. Poor form Clip.
Stop making excuses for them.

I'm sure all the other shareholders and potential shareholders aren't as helpless as you, they'll be just fine

Daytr
30-01-2024, 03:03 PM
I'm sure all the other shareholders and potential shareholders aren't as helpless as you, they'll be just fine

Really? I expect more from you Clip.
Pathetic

whatsup
31-01-2024, 11:45 AM
The qr will/should make very interesting reading when its released unless they took 3 months off for Xmas !!

nztx
31-01-2024, 01:11 PM
Time for NTL to dish out some more Loyalty share/option jobs to the patiently awaiting stakeholders yet ? ;)

The Santana crew on the ground not far away from McCraes down south are on to it ..

percy
31-01-2024, 02:14 PM
http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-website-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/attachments/NTL/425551/411840.pdf

sandi
31-01-2024, 02:39 PM
Has anyone sent this to Shane Jones ? Shane.Jones@parliament.govt.nz

Landyman
31-01-2024, 02:49 PM
The quarterly sounds promising - digitised survey, a fan, and some more extension cords - this puppy is ready to go - EXCEPT for DoC - how long is a piece of string?

DISCL holding and hoping, and potentially looking to buy some more.

Feels very close now - though Im just a confused investor

And coincidental timing that Matt Hill stuff all put to bed.

Toddy
31-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Thinking out loud. Would they need to go through another consenting process for the processing plant if they have only now found a 'suitable' site?

What are they going to do with the washed material etc

Only asking because of all of my mining experience from watching Gold Rush over the last decade.

ThaiJohn
31-01-2024, 03:07 PM
Has anyone sent this to Shane Jones ? Shane.Jones@parliament.govt.nz

Just sent to Wristy Jones��*♂️

Toddy
31-01-2024, 03:18 PM
Looking at the size of these shafts. How do you mine
to achieve economies of scale. I. E how many 10 tonne truck loads can be extracted on a daily basis.

haewai
31-01-2024, 03:24 PM
Spent $460K in the quarter, got $1,124K left. Plus the credit line.

And re the decision timing, maybe the pre and post election period were always going to be difficult times to seek an environmentally controversional decision in.

Daytr
31-01-2024, 04:11 PM
Looking at the size of these shafts. How do you mine
to achieve economies of scale. I. E how many 10 tonne truck loads can be extracted on a daily basis.

It's quartz vein mining so you don't.
Most likely diamond saw around the vein extracting as little rock as possible.

The company has spoken about creating a high grade concentrate underground and then that gets shipped off for processing at another company's plant.

In theory it should involve very little Capex, but will never be large scale, however with little or no Capex and hopefully reasonable mining costs they wont need to extract much at the current gold price to make a few million at least a year.

If they can clear a margin of $1000, per ounce just based on a mere 5,000 ounces that's $5M p.a clear. I suspect they can operate cheaper than that, but who knows how much gold they will be able to extract, hopefully more than 5,000 ounce p.a.

Toddy
31-01-2024, 04:33 PM
It's quartz vein mining so you don't.
Most likely diamond saw around the vein extracting as little rock as possible.

The company has spoken about creating a high grade concentrate underground and then that gets shipped off for processing at another company's plant.

In theory it should involve very little Capex, but will never be large scale, however with little or no Capex and hopefully reasonable mining costs they wont need to extract much at the current gold price to make a few million at least a year.

If they can clear a margin of $1000, per ounce just based on a mere 5,000 ounces that's $5M p.a clear. I suspect they can operate cheaper than that, but who knows how much gold they will be able to extract, hopefully more than 5,000 ounce p.a.

Sounds like very low impact on environment then

Surely they will get the sign off.

Daytr
31-01-2024, 04:47 PM
Sounds like very low impact on environment then

Surely they will get the sign off.

Well that's my guesstimate on what they will be doing. As you know there is very little detail to go on.

My biggest concern is the processing underground. Again I'm making a assumption that there is going to be lots of vibration & dust, so this is why I have always highlighted health & safety.
It will be interesting to see what Terra Firma has come up with in regards the process to create the concentrate.

Paint it Black
01-02-2024, 03:18 PM
Thinking out loud. Would they need to go through another consenting process for the processing plant if they have only now found a 'suitable' site?

What are they going to do with the washed material etc

Only asking because of all of my mining experience from watching Gold Rush over the last decade.

A suitable site for a processing plant has been investigated for at least 5 years. I remember a site previous management had decided upon required a resource consent to operate the 'concentrator' which immediately caused a delay which was never resolved. Any site selection should then be located in zoned industrial land where the processing activity conditional on noise and dust control will not need an RC. The latest quarterly talks about 'processing' which could cover either the initial concentration of the ore or the final refining of the gold or both. Possibly the idea of first concentrating underground is no longer favoured despite it's advantage of minimising the quantity of ore needing to be transported away and then disposed of - no doubt management and Terra Firma have carefully weighed up the options. IMHO if viable concentration within the mine is possible followed by final gold refining at the new Federation facility in Reefton or where ever OceanaGold does it at Macraes has a lot of positives. No need for a site close to Talisman then?

Waikaka
01-02-2024, 06:02 PM
A suitable site for a processing plant has been investigated for at least 5 years. I remember a site previous management had decided upon required a resource consent to operate the 'concentrator' which immediately caused a delay which was never resolved. Any site selection should then be located in zoned industrial land where the processing activity conditional on noise and dust control will not need an RC. The latest quarterly talks about 'processing' which could cover either the initial concentration of the ore or the final refining of the gold or both. Possibly the idea of first concentrating underground is no longer favoured despite it's advantage of minimising the quantity of ore needing to be transported away and then disposed of - no doubt management and Terra Firma have carefully weighed up the options. IMHO if viable concentration within the mine is possible followed by final gold refining at the new Federation facility in Reefton or where ever OceanaGold does it at Macraes has a lot of positives. No need for a site close to Talisman then?

It’s an interesting one, when does hope meet reality. Hard one to quantify but clearly some really optimistic people.

Mine life is expected to be what 5-10 years? Steeply dipping ore bodies means minimal volumes for high installed infrastructure cost. Each extra meter won’t be many oz but will mean bigger fans etc.

Building an ore concentration plant elsewhere means trucking, double handling and huge storage costs. What do you need to concentrate ore? Primary crusher, then feed that to ball mill, slurry pumps to move material to primary cyclones. Probably not concentrated enough so some of the early stages of floatation and oxidisation tanks. Dam to dump tailings, then thicken up the concentrate by removing the water. Then off to final processing (i.e. autoclave and pressure tanks) and then refining.

Cost per oz will be prohibitive, trucking through communities unpopular and have a high social impact. Macreas is largely refractory ore, suspect they can’t take high grade narrow vein ore. Are you seriously considering putting it on the Cook Strait ferry to process in the South Island. Google tells me 14 hour drive from Karangahake to Reefton, 19 hours to Macreas. How many trucks are you taking? 4 day round trip for each truck? What would happen if a truck laden with mercury rich gold concentrates crashes and spills out.

Scale will only ever be a hobby mine and Worksafe/environmental conditions means it is just not possibly anymore. Building a second access, ventilation and water control/treatment system will be painfully expensive.

I was going to dive into facts and figures but thought it is summed up nicely that in Southern Cross Minerals, a former owner of the permit withdrew from much of the license area due to the negative local bodies and environmental pressure groups. That was in 1976 (taken from MR5214 published in 2015, 517 pages of prefeasibility study). Pretty sure everything will be harder than the 1970’s tougher H&S, environmental, more legal issues, RMA etc.

Hard to see a path to profitability. Many millions needed from where they are, to where they need to be. Holders need to be aware that cash calls will keep coming.

jonu
01-02-2024, 06:32 PM
It’s an interesting one, when does hope meet reality. Hard one to quantify but clearly some really optimistic people.

Mine life is expected to be what 5-10 years? Steeply dipping ore bodies means minimal volumes for high installed infrastructure cost. Each extra meter won’t be many oz but will mean bigger fans etc.

Building an ore concentration plant elsewhere means trucking, double handling and huge storage costs. What do you need to concentrate ore? Primary crusher, then feed that to ball mill, slurry pumps to move material to primary cyclones. Probably not concentrated enough so some of the early stages of floatation and oxidisation tanks. Dam to dump tailings, then thicken up the concentrate by removing the water. Then off to final processing (i.e. autoclave and pressure tanks) and then refining.

Cost per oz will be prohibitive, trucking through communities unpopular and have a high social impact. Macreas is largely refractory ore, suspect they can’t take high grade narrow vein ore. Are you seriously considering putting it on the Cook Strait ferry to process in the South Island. Google tells me 14 hour drive from Karangahake to Reefton, 19 hours to Macreas. How many trucks are you taking? 4 day round trip for each truck? What would happen if a truck laden with mercury rich gold concentrates crashes and spills out.

Scale will only ever be a hobby mine and Worksafe/environmental conditions means it is just not possibly anymore. Building a second access, ventilation and water control/treatment system will be painfully expensive.

I was going to dive into facts and figures but thought it is summed up nicely that in Southern Cross Minerals, a former owner of the permit withdrew from much of the license area due to the negative local bodies and environmental pressure groups. That was in 1976 (taken from MR5214 published in 2015, 517 pages of prefeasibility study). Pretty sure everything will be harder than the 1970’s tougher H&S, environmental, more legal issues, RMA etc.

Hard to see a path to profitability. Many millions needed from where they are, to where they need to be. Holders need to be aware that cash calls will keep coming.

Hi Waikaka, John Upperton NTL Director responding.

You know who I am, perhaps enlighten us as to who you are.
You evidently have enough mining knowledge to realise there is a lot of scaremongering in your post.

For starters, Southern Cross didn't know Mystery Vein was there in 1976.
As relayed previously to the market, NTL is at the face of Mystery vein now. No more infrastructure required to reach the ore body.
You ignore the existing historic tunnels and shafts enabling great ventilation and Consented bulk sampling already in place.
Worksafe conditions are all in compliance with a HSMS in place. So many of the costs you speak of have already been met.
You raise the strange possibility of a truck crash spilling non-existent Mercury.
You do acknowledge the high grade nature of the ore historically from Talisman, yet fail to comprehend the lower volumes required for viability.

I look forward to you identifying yourself for the sake of transparency.

Daytr
01-02-2024, 06:58 PM

Have to agree with Jonu here & he will know a lot more than I do, I think you are on the wrong track in regards processing high grade vein quartz mining.

The difficulty with this sort of mining is establishing a mine life as the vein could just stop or carry on. So if they can keep the Capex to a minimum by using someone else's infrastructure for toll treatment it makes a lot of sense especially if they can produce a high grade concentrate as the company has previously mentioned.

Paint it Black
01-02-2024, 07:56 PM

You evidently have enough mining knowledge to realise there is a lot of scaremongering in your post.

As relayed previously to the market, NTL is at the face of Mystery vein now. No more infrastructure required to reach the ore body.
You ignore the existing historic tunnels and shafts enabling great ventilation and Consented bulk sampling already in place.
Worksafe conditions are all in compliance with a HSMS in place. So many of the costs you speak of have already been met.
You raise the strange possibility of a truck crash spilling non-existent Mercury.
You do acknowledge the high grade nature of the ore historically from Talisman, yet fail to comprehend the lower volumes required for viability.

Cheers Jonu. Obviously Waikaka needs to do a lot more reading of the annual reports and JORC results.

ynot
01-02-2024, 08:12 PM
Cheers Jonu. Obviously Waikaka needs to do a lot more reading of the annual reports and JORC results.

Likewise on the more reading reequired for me on this topic. Excuse the dumb question as I have not been following the story here, but is Waihi mine not an option for processing.

Paint it Black
01-02-2024, 08:37 PM
Likewise on the more reading reequired for me on this topic. Excuse the dumb question as I have not been following the story here, but is Waihi mine not an option for processing.

This route was considered some time ago but no commercial resolution reached and then I understand their processing plant closed. Reading OceanaGold's website underground mining (bulk excavation rather than quartz vein excavation) and gold production was occurring in 2021 but further consents were awaited following a judicial review objection. It could well now or will be another processing option through a competitor of course.

ynot
01-02-2024, 09:19 PM
This route was considered some time ago but no commercial resolution reached and then I understand their processing plant closed. Reading OceanaGold's website underground mining (bulk excavation rather than quartz vein excavation) and gold production was occurring in 2021 but further consents were awaited following a judicial review objection. It could well now or will be another processing option through a competitor of course.

Thanks, so no longer processing at Oceana Waihi ? Are they no longer mining ?

Toddy
01-02-2024, 09:34 PM

Where is the gold going to be processed?

Waikaka
01-02-2024, 11:36 PM

I don't hold NTL, I am not short NTL, I am not a competitor or even employed in this space. I have no axe to grind. I quite like evaluating shares and occasionally share an opinion, sometimes even when I should know better. I post on my own time and I would prefer not to share my name, as my opinions are my own and no reflection of my employer.

I don't mean to bad mouth the opportunity. I am a big fan of mining, and NTL has a remarkable amount of mineralisation, both in length and depth in their permit. I suspect if mining starts in earnest then there will be plenty more mineralized zones encountered, extending mine life.

To answer your questions

Yes Southern Cross didn't know the mystery vein was there in 1976 but it has been added into development models since the mid 1980s when it was first encountered (and its upgrades subsequently) but it hasn't made it an amazing prospect that Oceana Gold has just had to buy it.

Yes historic tunnels may provide ventilation, those baffles the old timers used are amazingly effective. However as a comparison, the proposed tunnel at Wharekirauponga, Oceana says it needs 5 ventilation raises. If you plan to run trackless loaders to muck out the ore then you will need amazing ventilation to stop the workers breathing in fumes. Especially in narrow drives. Oceana plans to use electric loaders at WKP, do you plan to use battery powered equipment in the mine? Maybe wind blowing past the hill will suffice but suspect it wont come that cheap.

I understand High hazard unit closed down Broken Hills near Puketui because it didn't have a second access. I am sure you have that in hand. However generally they have flaming hoops to jump through that no one ever expected. Time is money and HHU never do stuff quickly or cheaply, they are paid no matter what and will have very high standards post Pike River.

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1205/S00871/high-hazards-unit-closes-broken-hills-gold-mine.htm

Mercury isn't non existent. You are digging up a mineralised hydrothermal vein, by concentrating the gold and silver you will also concentrate the other heavies. I only mentioned mercury because I read this line in the project history "Cinnabar (HGS) was mined at Ascot Ridge. Mercury mineralisation occurs in clay filled pockets and depressions at a well defined contact within the silicified tuff sequence". I think that may be the Rahu Ridge, which is in your resource volumes. You know better than anyone the chemistry of your vein and if you say there is no mercury then all good and my apologies. However perhaps try a thought experiment and swap out Hg, imagine whatever scary element Greenpeace will bring up and then plug that in when you try to get resource consent for the truck movements.

Yes high grades at lower volumes might be economic but if you had an amazing discovery worth developing then wouldn't Oceana have avoided drilling 18000m of core at WKP and instead bought NTL for a song?

Let me make it clear, I didn't mean to be overlay negative, I just feel that company announcements for the last 20+ years have made it feel like mining is just about to start. When in fact it may actually need even more time and money. Happy to be proved wrong and not see another capital raise and gold being produced with lots of jobs for locals, export dollars for NZ, dividends for shareholders, tax being paid to keep our hospitals running and a shinning example of ecologically sustainable mining.

I will follow NTL with interest and was only goaded into posting when people mentioned processing ore in the South Island. Ill avoid a pile on in the future and keep my opinions to my self. All the best.

Paint it Black
02-02-2024, 12:01 AM
Waikaka - I was suggesting refining the concentrate in the South Island not processing ore if you read my post carefully. Was definitely not trying to goad you. Let's leave it at that. Thanks for your interest though. Maybe buy a few!

Toddy
02-02-2024, 08:33 AM
Waikaka

Good post. Always willing to learn more and great insights into the area.

As you said, not bagging NTL. Just balancing some of the hype against the mining risks.

jonu
02-02-2024, 02:05 PM
I don't hold NTL, I am not short NTL, I am not a competitor or even employed in this space. I have no axe to grind. I quite like evaluating shares and occasionally share an opinion, sometimes even when I should know better. I post on my own time and I would prefer not to share my name, as my opinions are my own and no reflection of my employer.

I don't mean to bad mouth the opportunity. I am a big fan of mining, and NTL has a remarkable amount of mineralisation, both in length and depth in their permit. I suspect if mining starts in earnest then there will be plenty more mineralized zones encountered, extending mine life.

To answer your questions

Yes Southern Cross didn't know the mystery vein was there in 1976 but it has been added into development models since the mid 1980s when it was first encountered (and its upgrades subsequently) but it hasn't made it an amazing prospect that Oceana Gold has just had to buy it.

Yes historic tunnels may provide ventilation, those baffles the old timers used are amazingly effective. However as a comparison, the proposed tunnel at Wharekirauponga, Oceana says it needs 5 ventilation raises. If you plan to run trackless loaders to muck out the ore then you will need amazing ventilation to stop the workers breathing in fumes. Especially in narrow drives. Oceana plans to use electric loaders at WKP, do you plan to use battery powered equipment in the mine? Maybe wind blowing past the hill will suffice but suspect it wont come that cheap.

I understand High hazard unit closed down Broken Hills near Puketui because it didn't have a second access. I am sure you have that in hand. However generally they have flaming hoops to jump through that no one ever expected. Time is money and HHU never do stuff quickly or cheaply, they are paid no matter what and will have very high standards post Pike River.

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU1205/S00871/high-hazards-unit-closes-broken-hills-gold-mine.htm

Mercury isn't non existent. You are digging up a mineralised hydrothermal vein, by concentrating the gold and silver you will also concentrate the other heavies. I only mentioned mercury because I read this line in the project history "Cinnabar (HGS) was mined at Ascot Ridge. Mercury mineralisation occurs in clay filled pockets and depressions at a well defined contact within the silicified tuff sequence". I think that may be the Rahu Ridge, which is in your resource volumes. You know better than anyone the chemistry of your vein and if you say there is no mercury then all good and my apologies. However perhaps try a thought experiment and swap out Hg, imagine whatever scary element Greenpeace will bring up and then plug that in when you try to get resource consent for the truck movements.

Yes high grades at lower volumes might be economic but if you had an amazing discovery worth developing then wouldn't Oceana have avoided drilling 18000m of core at WKP and instead bought NTL for a song?

Let me make it clear, I didn't mean to be overlay negative, I just feel that company announcements for the last 20+ years have made it feel like mining is just about to start. When in fact it may actually need even more time and money. Happy to be proved wrong and not see another capital raise and gold being produced with lots of jobs for locals, export dollars for NZ, dividends for shareholders, tax being paid to keep our hospitals running and a shinning example of ecologically sustainable mining.

I will follow NTL with interest and was only goaded into posting when people mentioned processing ore in the South Island. Ill avoid a pile on in the future and keep my opinions to my self. All the best.

Good to hear you are supportive of the industry waikaka, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but comparing us to a greenfield planned operation like WKP is like apples and oranges and not the least bit helpful. Likewise comparing us to Broken Hills (unlisted) and what ever problems they may or may not have.

You seem unaware that we have mechanical ventilation in place and that we mentioned relocating the auxiliary fan in the recent quarterly. We have a Ventilation officer, along with all other statutory positions required. Ventilation is something the Terra Firma team is well across. We have also made known that we are evaluating routes for the second egress. We announced that we had a positive visit from senior Worksafe inspectors to the mine in November.

And finally, long time shareholders and followers of Talisman mine's colourful history going back to the late 1800s, are aware this new Board has been in place just over two years after the 2021 ASM no confidence vote. We have had strong shareholder support and are determined to deliver our Strategic Plan. It hasn't been easy, and we certainly don't need it made any harder.

Cheers to All, looks like an interesting 2024

John Upperton
Director NTL

whatsup
02-02-2024, 02:08 PM
When are we to receive the Terra Firma report and please dont anyone say " how long is a piece of string " !!

Toddy
02-02-2024, 02:52 PM
Jonu

Please enlighten on the processing plan outside of the mine.

Toddy
08-02-2024, 10:00 AM
Does it make sense to assume that a government department is just being slack anymore. There must actually be an issue around the license application.

Im still interested in what the processing plan is. But no clarification.

nztx
08-02-2024, 02:29 PM
Does it make sense to assume that a government department is just being slack anymore. There must actually be an issue around the license application.

it wouldn't be long thought to be extinct pestly native gold loving centipedes hanging out in the tunnels ? ;)

A whole new set of tunnels & traffic lights needed within so these poor little blighters don't get made more extinct
if & when they cross paths with a new mob of seekers :)

So rare that the descendants of one lot of distant travellers to these shores can't even lay a finger on
any reference to them in anything passed down ? ;)

Paint it Black
08-02-2024, 04:39 PM

Waitangi Day is now done so time now for Shane to check on progress. The processing plan I'm assuming is commercially sensitive and little will be made public before all the ducks are in a row.

Landyman
13-02-2024, 11:29 AM
Chances of being cashflow neutral by financial year end (31 March) look to be slipping away with no Authority to Enter and Operate.

Fundamentalfinder
13-02-2024, 02:37 PM
Chances of being cashflow neutral by financial year end (31 March) look to be slipping away with no Authority to Enter and Operate.

End of the American financial year they meant, obviously!

Paint it Black
13-02-2024, 05:01 PM
End of the American financial year they meant, obviously!
Tee he! Can remain patient so long as we are kept regularly informed about why the delays are occurring as the upside is big.

nztx
13-02-2024, 08:24 PM
Tee he! Can remain patient so long as we are kept regularly informed about why the delays are occurring as the upside is big.

thought it was last financial year ? :)

Toddy
13-02-2024, 10:32 PM
By the end of the mining season, not financial year.

ThaiJohn
15-02-2024, 05:57 PM
https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/energy/nz-needs-to-get-back-to-drilling-and-mining-minister-jones-says

Bring it on!

nztx
15-02-2024, 08:13 PM
https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/energy/nz-needs-to-get-back-to-drilling-and-mining-minister-jones-says

Bring it on!

Maybe the Kiwi Gold Mining Season is something different ? .. like when the Green Snail admiring Zombies aren't in the Governing seats in Welly & active in a bit of fancy window gazing plus selective sampling ? ;)

Paint it Black
16-02-2024, 12:13 PM
Maybe the Kiwi Gold Mining Season is something different ? .. like when the Green Snail admiring Zombies aren't in the Governing seats in Welly & active in a bit of fancy window gazing plus selective sampling ? ;)

Still working out how to cut 6% of their budget probably. Could take a while? So complicated.

Boazman
16-02-2024, 01:10 PM
Could take it to the TAB that the file which needs rubber stamping is being held up by a idealistic DoC worker who is likely the member of a certain emerald party and it is at the bottom of their to do pile deliberately. Tell me I am wrong

nztx
16-02-2024, 03:23 PM
Still working out how to cut 6% of their budget probably. Could take a while? So complicated.

Haven't they already lost 6% of their stockpile of huts or better ? .. maybe the 6% is which 6% get sent on their way on redundancy leave ? ;)

dubya
16-02-2024, 04:57 PM
Monday morning.
Think it's only a hearing leading up to the 'big' day. Not sure tho

Landyman
19-02-2024, 08:08 AM
Monday morning.
Think it's only a hearing leading up to the 'big' day. Not sure tho

If its a $$$ fine, who gets the money?

nztx
19-02-2024, 11:46 PM
If its a $$$ fine, who gets the money?

Probably FMA & MBIE will scream loudly that they were the only ones who took a slight interest
in pushing the wheelbarrow of files up the Hill in the direction of the Court ;)

Justice can be fairly blind in places on where losses have actually been borne ;)

ThaiJohn
23-02-2024, 01:32 AM
"More than 70 years after it was last worked, miners have finally reached the rich Birthday Reef beneath old Waiuta township, south of Reefton. Federation Mining's tunneling reached the gold-bearing quartz reef at the weekend, meaning staff can now touch the deposits."

Looking forward to the day NTL mirrors the above headline. :cool:

Toddy
23-02-2024, 02:14 PM
Share price has been holding quite well given the lack of news on the right to mine.

whatsup
26-02-2024, 03:53 PM
Well done Hamish great vote of confidence shown.

Toddy
26-02-2024, 04:02 PM

How is it possible that a company can issue a bunch of convertible notes, then turn around and say 'by the way, if you convert these then you will have to make an offer for the entire
Company'.

Maybe just another example of an NZX oversight.

Paint it Black
27-02-2024, 09:39 AM

Agree - a true entrepreneur. NZ needs you!

haewai
27-02-2024, 10:41 AM

?
I'm unclear on how these things work, but I thought that was a loan made years ago, and this is partial repayment. It's not a new decision by him. Except maybe he decided to not convert the full amount owing into shares for some reasons.

Paint it Black
27-02-2024, 01:13 PM
?
I'm unclear on how these things work, but I thought that was a loan made years ago, and this is partial repayment. It's not a new decision by him. Except maybe he decided to not convert the full amount owing into shares for some reasons.

Yes I believe you are correct - Hamish is converting money already provided (in exchange for the note) to NTL into shares at a discounted rate. As this lifts his holding up close to 20% the law prevents his exceeding this without Takeovers Code mechanisms for increased ownership being triggered. Presumably the date of this conversion was agreed in the note but whether he had to exercise or was just an option would possibly also be in the conditions. I'd like to think he had the option and had the confidence to convert, Maybe someone else can confirm?

ThaiJohn
29-02-2024, 03:11 PM
Presumably the date of this conversion was agreed in the note but whether he had to exercise or was just an option would possibly also be in the conditions. I'd like to think he had the option and had the confidence to convert, maybe someone else can confirm?

Daytr
29-02-2024, 03:43 PM
Presumably the date of this conversion was agreed in the note but whether he had to exercise or was just an option would possibly also be in the conditions. I'd like to think he had the option and had the confidence to convert, maybe someone else can confirm?

Why wouldn't you convert at a 15% discount?

Landyman
01-03-2024, 08:07 AM
30 days to get cashflow neutral - need that signoff to operate.
From a different perspective, you could argue already neutral, given past CRs and Mr Browns generous (for him or NTL??) offerings.

Paint it Black
01-03-2024, 01:31 PM
30 days to get cashflow neutral - need that signoff to operate.
From a different perspective, you could argue already neutral, given past CRs and Mr Browns generous (for him or NTL??) offerings.

Pretty hard to see cashflow neutral in 30 days while not even starting to dig. I really hope the Chair is putting in a weekly call to Wellington as fronting up to the next AGM could be embarrassing.

Landyman
01-03-2024, 03:18 PM
I was hoping 2023 would be the year - maybe 2024 is a lucky number? From memory, cash reserves will hold them for 6mths. I suspect Jonu doesnt want to get on the CR bandwagon, but its going to be tight.

nztx
01-03-2024, 07:26 PM
I was hoping 2023 would be the year - maybe 2024 is a lucky number? From memory, cash reserves will hold them for 6mths. I suspect Jonu doesnt want to get on the CR bandwagon, but its going to be tight.

While things have been quiet - perhaps those endangered tame snails & centipedes down the mine have been
getting trained up to do all the heavy work while the gates are closed and in hours of darkness ? ;)

A relatively cheap to sustain option, no OSH or other cumbersome red tape and if all goes to plan
then piles of gold stuff just appear outside at the desired production collection point no questions asked :)

Daytr
04-03-2024, 12:53 PM
While things have been quiet - perhaps those endangered tame snails & centipedes down the mine have been
getting trained up to do all the heavy work while the gates are closed and in hours of darkness ? ;)

A relatively cheap to sustain option, no OSH or other cumbersome red tape and if all goes to plan
then piles of gold stuff just appear outside at the desired production collection point no questions asked :)

I'm back in smalls.
Was hoping for around 1.8c where I got in last time but have bit the bullet at 2c as I reckon they can't be far away now from some news on production.

That combined with the gold price going for a run, I think it's unlikely to see those prior levels again as long as management deliver. Big question I know.

And my investment isn't about necessarily backing the management or that this is a big okay because it's not, however it would take very little in regards a move towards production to double the share price or more.

The margins at the current NZD gold price should be very lucrative without having material Capex.

Speccy for sure & time only will tell & hopefully the company's communication improves & they report in plain English where things are at, rather than the speculative statements in the past that cause all sorts of conjecture.

Good luck to all holders. Especially those long suffering ones.

whatsup
04-03-2024, 01:03 PM
I'm back in smalls.
Was hoping for around 1.8c where I got in last time but have bit the bullet at 2c as I reckon they can't be far away now from some news on production.

That combined with the gold price going for a run, I think it's unlikely to see those prior levels again as long as management deliver. Big question I know.

And my investment isn't about necessarily backing the management or that this is a big okay because it's not, however it would take very little in regards a move towards production to double the share price or more.

The margins at the current NZD gold price should be very lucrative without having material Capex.

Speccy for sure & time only will tell & hopefully the company's communication improves & they report in plain English where things are at, rather than the speculative statements in the past that cause all sorts of conjecture.

Good luck to all holders. Especially those long suffering ones.

IMO this will be a very tightly run thing if it comes off !

Daytr
04-03-2024, 01:09 PM

Tbh there's not much to lose or downside imo.
No debt for Capex to be repaid. There is gold there, but how much who knows, but it should be high grade.

The way they will be extracting it should make it even higher grade per ton of ore & if the can produce a 65% concentrate underground as they have suggest & ship it off for toll treatment even to Australia, it should still make very good money per ounce.

Even if they only produce 2,000 toz p.a. that should provide an operating surplus of around $3.5 - $4M, if they can up that to 5,000 ounces then their operating surplus would be the equivalent of their market cap.

Considering their history though, I can understand your concerns whatsup.
Definitely a speccy, mind you when you are looking for 100% plus type returns, they typically are

Paint it Black
04-03-2024, 07:43 PM

It will need to be - just waiting on DOC. Trouble is they have no time pressure and can ask as many questions as they like to delay. This is why Shane needs to rattle their cage.

nztx
04-03-2024, 08:12 PM
Must still be time to nab a couple of sneaky Aussie multibaggers then come back to NTL ? ;)

haewai
04-03-2024, 08:26 PM
It will need to be - just waiting on DOC. Trouble is they have no time pressure and can ask as many questions as they like to delay. This is why Shane needs to rattle their cage.

When an application is granted, the time that may elapse before the granting of theAuthority to Enter and Operate is largely driven by the applicant and will depend on anumber of factors such as the work programme, ensuring the lodgement of the bond andinsurances, and the payment of any compensation and cost recovery for the processing ofthe application.
p12 of https://www.doc.govt.nz/Documents/about-doc/concessions-and-permits/mineral-exploration/applicant-guide-mining-activities-conservation-land.pdf

jonu
04-03-2024, 09:16 PM
When an application is granted, the time that may elapse before the granting of theAuthority to Enter and Operate is largely driven by the applicant and will depend on anumber of factors such as the work programme, ensuring the lodgement of the bond andinsurances, and the payment of any compensation and cost recovery for the processing ofthe application.
p12 of https://www.doc.govt.nz/Documents/about-doc/concessions-and-permits/mineral-exploration/applicant-guide-mining-activities-conservation-land.pdf

Note my bold in the part you quote haewai. Our main AA has not yet been granted. There is no reason to expect the balance of what you quote should cause undue delay. A Bond has been in place for many years, as have insurances.

John Upperton
NTL Director

Paint it Black
04-03-2024, 09:17 PM

Need I say more? Bureaucratic speak at it's finest as well as being blatantly false.

haewai
04-03-2024, 10:26 PM
Note my bold in the part you quote haewai. Our main AA has not yet been granted. There is no reason to expect the balance of what you quote should cause undue delay. A Bond has been in place for many years, as have insurances.

John Upperton
NTL Director

Oh right, got it. I was mixed up the authority to enter and operate, when the process is at the access approval stage (s3.1). Good to know the company is ready for steps following the AA :

Once a Minerals Permit is obtained, access from the landowner is required. Where this is public conservation land and the application is not for minimum impact activities, the application is processed by the Department as an Access Arrangement. If the Access Arrangement is approved then a work programme must also be submitted by the applicant prior to their being permitted to commence their activity (section 4). This allows for details to be determined and ensures bonds, insurances, compensation plans and consents are in place. Once this is approved an Authority to Enter and Operate will be granted.

Landyman
05-03-2024, 08:30 AM

John Upperton
NTL Director

Good to hear Jonu.

Discl. Ive been slowly topping up too. If there is going to be upside, it should be this year. DYOR, as if dont extract, its just a hole in a hill.

Daytr
05-03-2024, 08:38 AM
Must still be time to nab a couple of sneaky Aussie multibaggers then come back to NTL ? ;)

Effectively that's what I did in the last couple of months, not multi baggers but up about 60%.
Left money there, brought funds back here.

Daytr
05-03-2024, 08:46 AM
Good to hear Jonu.

Discl. Ive been slowly topping up too. If there is going to be upside, it should be this year. DYOR, as if dont extract, its just a hole in a hill.

Better friggin be this year & I would hope a lot earlier than that,.otherwise their promise of being cashflow neutral by the end of the year, which has generously been interpreted to financial year end will look like just more BS.

Landyman
06-03-2024, 08:06 AM
Better friggin be this year & I would hope a lot earlier than that,.otherwise their promise of being cashflow neutral by the end of the year, which has generously been interpreted to financial year end will look like just more BS.

AGree - calender year was my initial understanding (never assume), then it was financial year (which was logical), now when???
THat said, tough gig when you are relying on red tape being snipped.
I think from all the chat and releases, once they get the green light, it will be straight to extraction though - or maybe that was my wishful thinking again.

Daytr
06-03-2024, 08:28 AM
AGree - calender year was my initial understanding (never assume), then it was financial year (which was logical), now when???
THat said, tough gig when you are relying on red tape being snipped.
I think from all the chat and releases, once they get the green light, it will be straight to extraction though - or maybe that was my wishful thinking again.

Extraction should be the easy part. Making the concentrate underground in any sort of scale will be interesting and from the last update they are still looking for a plant to process the concentrate. I suspect they might ship the concentrate to Australia, but prior to that trials will probably need to be run by the company doing the toll treating. As the volume will be so small it may not even be worth another mining company looking at it. I'm sure there will be alternatives but it will be good to know what they are.

Meanwhile the gold price continues to rise.

nztx
06-03-2024, 11:23 AM
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/west-coast-illegal-gold-mining-claims-trial-starts-for-man-accused-of-mining-about-200000-worth-of-gold/2OV7D4CLJJHPBK5UT3FNKZHA7E/

West Coast illegal gold mining claims: Trial starts for man accused of mining about $200,000 worth of gold

Someone find gold & long necked beady eyed Govt paper swinging bureaucrats appear to have bee in their bonnets already ;)

ThaiJohn
06-03-2024, 12:24 PM
I'm hoping someone from within has got in touch with the likes of David Seymour Minister for Cutting Red Tape and/or Shane Jones
letting them know how hopeless and inefficient DOC has been in issuing paperwork to get this bloody mine started.

Landyman
07-03-2024, 11:25 AM
I guess NTL signoff wasnt on the National govt 100 day plan.

Daytr
07-03-2024, 11:34 AM
I guess NTL signoff wasnt on the National govt 100 day plan.

No but the fast track process for mining projects is rightly or wrongly.
Hopefully it's not required for NTL as it's so far advanced & a recommencement of mining not a brand new mine.

Toddy
07-03-2024, 11:59 AM
No but the fast track process for mining projects is rightly or wrongly.
Hopefully it's not required for NTL as it's so far advanced & a recommencement of mining not a brand new mine.

What if the mine is just too small to make the list.
How many people will the mine employ, what would the economic impact be for the Government and people of NZ.

Im guessing that any 'fast track' projects would add significant local employment and tax value.

It won't be a free for all.

winner69
07-03-2024, 12:05 PM
How many people will the mine employ, what would the economic impact be for the Government and people of NZ.

Im guessing that any 'fast track' projects would add significant local employment and tax value.

Isn’t it a ‘mine of national significance’?

Daytr
07-03-2024, 12:09 PM

As I said, not sure why fast tracking would be required.

Toddy
07-03-2024, 12:17 PM
As I said, not sure why fast tracking would be required.

Exactly. So what's really going on. People can't carry on blaming Doc workers for being 'slack' with paperwork. There has to be more too it?

Bill Smith
07-03-2024, 12:33 PM
Exactly. So what's really going on. People can't carry on blaming Doc workers for being 'slack' with paperwork. There has to be more too it?

I think you under estimate the skill of public servants whilst partaking in chain-dragging exercises.

Landyman
07-03-2024, 12:55 PM
The application is probably in hard copy making its way round the various desks from one lever arch folder to another....I must get to that tomorrow, oh hang on, not for me, is Jane in this week, no but back next...no not for me.

Might go watch repeats of GLiding On tonight - showing my age now

nztx
07-03-2024, 01:38 PM
The application is probably in hard copy making its way round the various desks from one lever arch folder to another....I must get to that tomorrow, oh hang on, not for me, is Jane in this week, no but back next...no not for me.

Might go watch repeats of GLiding On tonight - showing my age now

VG :)

Don't forget that those Arch files & many of the desks probably predate many of the
present day Office inhabitants, when they are in.. In a dusty corner, some relics from
right back when Talisman was churning out large gold volume might even be found :)

A large slice of any inflated fees for the said paper process might include references back
to earliest archive, to ensure i's were dotted & t's remain crossed from 100 plus years ago

On a positive note NTL seems to be on top of the NZX Risers list so far today - Up $0.001 or + 5.26% :)

whatsup
08-03-2024, 10:05 AM
With the fast track legislation introduced last night by this progressive govt, we should be able to expect some real progress now with its permits issues .

haewai
08-03-2024, 11:32 AM
With the fast track legislation introduced last night by this progressive govt, we should be able to expect some real progress now with its permits issues .

It's a Bill. Needs to go through Select Committe and public consultation and further consideration by Parliament before becoming in force. So, no, it doesn't mean immediate progress.
Re above analysis, the Bill does propose to amend the concessions part of the Conservation Act 1987: https://www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2024/0031/latest/LMS943195.html?src=qs so there is overlap. But until the Bill becomes an Act, nothing changes.

haewai
08-03-2024, 11:37 AM

Eligibility criteria: https://www.legislation.govt.nz/bill/government/2024/0031/latest/LMS943285.html

Toddy
08-03-2024, 01:10 PM
Chris Bishop said that the Government Departments(Doc) had put in massive hours on this bill. Said 2 years work in 2 months.

So, the Doc consenting employees have been busy.

Let's hope that they can get onto the NTL paperwork before they are side tracked by a major project paperwork.

In the mean time some staff will be let go from DOC as the cost cutting measures are completed.

ThaiJohn
08-03-2024, 01:35 PM
https://waateanews.com/2024/03/07/fast-track-mining-process-coming/

nztx
08-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Rise and Shine .. someone find some big gold:

https://app.sharelinktechnologies.com/announcement/asx/02402057ae9850460b88608ca357d5e6

Toddy
08-03-2024, 03:03 PM
It's great hearing positive news stories Wish I was on board.

ThaiJohn
11-03-2024, 01:28 PM
The more I hear Shane Jones speak the more I get excited with my holding in NTL.

https://youtu.be/-crBVa9wYgo?si=rC3wiYKGd4918KVM

Paint it Black
12-03-2024, 12:40 PM
The more I hear Shane Jones speak the more I get excited with my holding in NTL.

https://youtu.be/-crBVa9wYgo?si=rC3wiYKGd4918KVM

Fully agree - at last a breath of fresh air (with a whiff of carbon)!

winner69
12-03-2024, 01:18 PM
Fully agree - at last a breath of fresh air (with a whiff of carbon)!

Always been a breath of fresh air …just this time around he’s got the government listening

winner69
13-03-2024, 04:07 PM
It’s telling that Shane Jones was backing seabed mining up until the point he realised that the fishing interests behind his campaign oppose it.

Hope none of his ‘donors’ not against ambitious small gold miners

Landyman
14-03-2024, 10:51 AM
Still nibbling at 0.21 today - nice to see some volume, albeit small for NZX, but decent for NTL.

Boazman
14-03-2024, 04:02 PM
Good interview with Jones on HDPA on ZB yesterday afternoon well worth a listen. He sounds like has had a gutsfull of slow wheels at DoC. It was in relation to another issue but sounds like they are slow on the sign off for that as well.Hopefully any day soon. Also slow sign off with NT Govt in Australia for a helium project I have interest in too. Seems to be the flavour for govts everywhere sadly

Landyman
15-03-2024, 08:09 AM
Feels like its snails on the spinning wheel instead of mice.

Toddy
15-03-2024, 09:44 AM
I hear that the Security guard takes a fry pan and garlic butter to work with him.

nztx
15-03-2024, 11:29 AM
I hear that the Security guard takes a fry pan and garlic butter to work with him.

Who told him about the high resident possum population just outside the cave entrance ? ;)

Unfortunately no specimens have been caught sporting gold fangs ..

Daytr
16-03-2024, 11:40 AM
So we now have a count down.
10 working days before the end of the financial year. Even if something is announced in that time, they certainly aren't going to be cashflow neutral as promised.

haewai
17-03-2024, 05:16 PM
The company might blame DOC. I'd like to know their side of the story.

bohdan
17-03-2024, 06:21 PM
NTL along with SJones (also Oceania Gold) were front and center on the 1 news tonight regarding the fast track consent process (and the opposition to mining). John Upperton had a few words to say in the interview about those opposing the mine - basically pointing out that the mining opposition were not presenting facts. Things are obviously moving around in behind the scenes.

Daytr
17-03-2024, 07:38 PM
NTL along with SJones (also Oceania Gold) were front and center on the 1 news tonight regarding the fast track consent process (and the opposition to mining). John Upperton had a few words to say in the interview about those opposing the mine - basically pointing out that the mining opposition were not presenting facts. Things are obviously moving around in behind the scenes.

Does anyone have the clip they can post?

Paint it Black
18-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Does anyone have the clip they can post?

Go to TVNZ+ and refer to 6pm news. Quite a long clip, The protestors just try to spread BS and unfortunately a lot of their followers believe it. I fear it's going to get ugly and the police will need to firmly uphold the law.

Daytr
18-03-2024, 11:00 AM
Go to TVNZ+ and refer to 6pm news. Quite a long clip, The protestors just try to spread BS and unfortunately a lot of their followers believe it. I fear it's going to get ugly and the police will need to firmly uphold the law.

OK thanks. Will do.

ThaiJohn
18-03-2024, 01:45 PM
Daytr, if you find it would you mind posting it here. I had a looksy but couldn't find the clip.

Baa_Baa
18-03-2024, 02:00 PM

Starts at 7m 43s. https://www.tvnz.co.nz/shows/one-news-at-6pm/episodes/s2024-e77

ThaiJohn
18-03-2024, 03:05 PM
Thanks Baa Baa

Daytr
19-03-2024, 09:46 AM
I have a few concerns raised by that interview.

1) there is obviously a lot more opposition to the project than was actually perceived.

2) NTL say they have a mining permit and then in the interview its termed as a resource consent for bulk sampling, something that's usually granted for exploration not mine production. I would be interested to know what the limitations of a bulk sampling consent is and does the company still need a mining consent? Also is it correct for NTL to claim they have a mining permit?

3) Was Jonu being cute when he answered the question about widening the access through DOC land? Delahunty using the term double lane highway which was an easy bullet to dodge, as its obviously not going to be a highway. Jonu's smirk after he responded make me wonder if he used that faux pas by Delahunty to dodge the question. As the access is through DOC land, if widening is required then it could be some of the reason for the opposition and delay. It would be good to know if the access does require widening or not.

Also, something I have raised before. Someone at NTL really needs to take responsibility for their website.
The last quarterly report on the site is from Dec 2022.
Last investor presentation is from 2013!
New investors seeing this could imply lack of professionalism. Not a great look!

Paint it Black
19-03-2024, 02:58 PM
I have a few concerns raised by that interview.

1) there is obviously a lot more opposition to the project than was actually perceived.

2) NTL say they have a mining permit and then in the interview its termed as a resource consent for bulk sampling, something that's usually granted for exploration not mine production. I would be interested to know what the limitations of a bulk sampling consent is and does the company still need a mining consent? Also is it correct for NTL to claim they have a mining permit?

3) Was Jonu being cute when he answered the question about widening the access through DOC land? Delahunty using the term double lane highway which was an easy bullet to dodge, as its obviously not going to be a highway. Jonu's smirk after he responded make me wonder if he used that faux pas by Delahunty to dodge the question. As the access is through DOC land, if widening is required then it could be some of the reason for the opposition and delay. It would be good to know if the access does require widening or not.

Also, something I have raised before. Someone at NTL really needs to take responsibility for their website.
The last quarterly report on the site is from Dec 2022.
Last investor presentation is from 2013!
New investors seeing this could imply lack of professionalism. Not a great look!

Delahunty is amazingly (or more probably deliberately) ignorant of NTL's proposals. To keep harping on about the waste toxicity and significant access roadworks is to me libelous (ex green MP where she was demoted before retiring) and she should tread carefully if not already too far. I wonder whether she was amongst the protestors spreading Z nails on the access road and endangering workers lives in the last round of protests? I think the status of the consents is also well covered in previous posts in early March. The Bulk Sampling Resource Consent allows extraction of 20,000 m3/annum of ore (which will be enough to get the cash flow going) and we are now after the Access Arrangement approval (which I understand is a condition of the consent). I think Jonu's smirk was because it was such an easy question to answer and demonstrated for all to see how off the planet the protesters are.

Daytr
19-03-2024, 03:10 PM
Delahunty is amazingly (or more probably deliberately) ignorant of NTL's proposals. To keep harping on about the waste toxicity and significant access roadworks is to me libelous (ex green MP where she was demoted before retiring) and she should tread carefully if not already too far. I wonder whether she was amongst the protestors spreading Z nails on the access road and endangering workers lives in the last round of protests? I think the status of the consents is also well covered in previous posts in early March. The Bulk Sampling Resource Consent allows extraction of 20,000 m3/annum of ore (which will be enough to get the cash flow going) and we are now after the Access Arrangement approval (which I understand is a condition of the consent). I think Jonu's smirk was because it was such an easy question to answer and demonstrated for all to see how off the planet the protesters are.

Thanks and yes 20,000m3 should be easily sufficient to generate reasonable casflow.

Toddy
19-03-2024, 03:13 PM
So do they need a bulk sampling 20,000 m3 processing plant consent too?

Paint it Black
19-03-2024, 04:10 PM
So do they need a bulk sampling 20,000 m3 processing plant consent too?

I believe this will come down to where it is located. As mentioned before hopefully they are locating it in industrial zoned land which should permit such activities. This is where the on site concentrator of the ore is a good idea to minimise the off site transportation and processing.

Toddy
19-03-2024, 04:19 PM
Let's hope that the paperwork is all in order and they can move quickly into production as soon as the license to mine is signed off.