sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Pretentious, Moi?

Not at all, this is just the very basic level you should be going to before you even consider further investigation. This is what drives everything.

The resident troll still attacking anyone who doesn't bend to his will I see.

Shows no respect for anyone else.

A school yard bully who really needs to grow up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by SailorRob View Post
    Exactly.

You cannot judge a man with 50 violent criminal convictions.

All in his past.

His future behavior and his returns on capital, decisions and ability is in no way related to his past actions.

I have a extremely good idea of what your returns are from having read your posts over the years. They are close to the average investor returns as highlighted by JP Morgan.
    Interesting - I didn't realise that you are a slave trader and analyse the CV's of convicts, but hey - if this is your background it explains a thing or two about your behaviour.

I invest in companies. Different thing ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    The resident troll still attacking anyone who doesn't bend to his will I see.

Shows no respect for anyone else.

A school yard bully who really needs to grow up or shut up.

Is this the troll that you supposedly blocked for calling out a former investment banker who now trades the worlds markets on his cell phone.

And explained to us all about how NZ banks lend at margin capital supplied by the RBNZ?

Advanced Member

Exactly.

You cannot judge a man with 50 violent criminal convictions.

All in his past.

His future behavior and his returns on capital, decisions and ability is in no way related to his past actions.

I have an extremely good idea of what your returns are from having read your posts over the years. They are close to the average investor returns as highlighted by JP Morgan.
    If you take everyone’s posts at face value you will be wrong most times. You are dealing with unknowns and alter egos (not calling anyone you have been discussing with as having an alter ego). I can’t even guess how much each person invests in and how much they invest. Someone’s large sized holding might be $15,000, it may also be $10,000,000. I try not to compare myself to others and try to remain in my own lane in regards to investing (doesn’t always work lol). You only wind yourself up and people won’t change their investment style

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    If you take everyone’s posts at face value you will be wrong most times. You are dealing with unknowns and alter egos (not calling anyone you have been discussing with as having an alter ego). I can’t even guess how much each person invests in and how much they invest. Someone’s large sized holding might be $15,000, it may also be $10,000,000. I try not to compare myself to others and try to remain in my own lane in regards to investing (doesn’t always work lol). You only wind yourself up and people won’t change their investment style

Fair points,

But if I can convince one person that a companies past track record, past capital allocation decisions and managerial behavior is an extremely good indicator of what the future will hold then it's worth it.

BP is saying you can get nowhere looking at the past of a company as it's the future that matters... Missing the point.

Is this the troll that you supposedly blocked for calling out a former investment banker who now trades the worlds markets on his cell phone.

And explained to us all about how NZ banks lend at margin capital supplied by the RBNZ?
    Yes I did block you but as I mentioned in a recent post I unblocked you, probably a mistake, as I can see most of your gibberish when others reply to your train wreck of posts anyway.

I have not bothered responding to your continual misinformation about bank funding as for anyone in the know, it just displays your complete arrogance & ignorance.

Although it's not their main source of funding most commercial banks borrow from their central bank as it smoothes their liquidity as well as provides them with capability to lend more to their customers. Even in NZ the banks here use the RBNZ mechanism.

https://www.interest.co.nz/banking/1...41.1%20billion.

Advanced Member

Fair points,

But if I can convince one person that a companies past track record, past capital allocation decisions and managerial behavior is an extremely good indicator of what the future will hold then it's worth it.

BP is saying you can get nowhere looking at the past of a company as it's the future that matters... Missing the point.
    Just convince yourself if the message is not getting through. Be happy.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Doubt whether this guru Bruce Greenwald would agree snowie
    Oh, THAT Greenwald!
    You could be right.
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Yes I did block you but as I mentioned in a recent post I unblocked you, probably a mistake, as I can see most of your gibberish when others reply to your train wreck of posts anyway.

I have not bothered responding to your continual misinformation about bank funding as for anyone in the know, it just displays your complete arrogance & ignorance.

Although it's not their main source of funding most commercial banks borrow from their central bank as it smoothes their liquidity as well as provides them with capability to lend more to their customers. Even in NZ the banks here use the RBNZ mechanism.

https://www.interest.co.nz/banking/1...41.1%20billion.

I hadn't seen your post about unblocking me.

Yes the RBNZ mechanism is how the OCR is implemented.