sharetrader

Thread: Black Monday

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    You guys see SB got banned and the reason given was “too many complaints”.

So not a specific offending post (that actually breaks the rules)

Geez. I know he spars with a lot of people - but a bit harsh to get a ban!
    Totally agree. I sparred with Sailor Rob on the OCA thread. But he had an alternative view to mine, and that is a good thing. It makes you think. It did not alter my thinking on that occasion but gave a different perspective.

If people had been complaining to mods, but not sought SR first, that reeks of cowardice.

People told SR to converse in a respectful manner a 1000x yet he still called them ‘sport’ and talked down to them like he was the king of sharetrader.

He was probably the poster on most ignore lists due to his constant attacks.

Too bad for him, he made his bed. Not missing much, he’s pretty repetitive, OCA liabilities is good and nobody can beat Buffett.

And let’s not forget that bet he made with LEK that KPG cash flows couldn’t pay the dividend. Snoopy proved they could and he would just reply with 1 line rubbish. Bit of a time waster
    Last edited by Rawz; 31-08-2023 at 07:16 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    People told SR to converse in a respectful manner a 1000x yet he still called them ‘sport’ and talked down to them like he was the king of sharetrader.

He was probably the poster on most ignore lists due to his constant attacks.

Too bad for him, he made his bed. Not missing much, he’s pretty repetitive, OCA liabilities is good and nobody can beat Buffett.

And let’s not forget that bet he made with LEK that KPG cash flows couldn’t pay the dividend. Snoopy proved they could and he would just reply with 1 line rubbish. Bit of a time waster
    That all may well be true.

But banning someone for not being ‘respectful’? For ‘talking down’ to people?

As you say, that kind of thing is largely managed with a users ability to use the ignore list function.

I am just surprised that the admins took such a heavy handed approach.

It sounds like if enough people have hurt feelings and whinge then we get banned now?

Investments

SR got lots of positive feedback too thats why he had 6 green boxes from appox 2000 posts while many others are trailing him ...shows many people approved of his posts too and found them to be useful

When we already have a system of positive and negative feedback about posts then no place left for individual complaints leading to Banning ...unless someone really losses it in one particular post .

Negative / positive feedback shud automatically take care of regular sparring stuff ...imo

Sailor Rob was banned as he was Always on Starboard

SailorRob was his own worst enemy and was irrational. His ludicrous challenges he would make as a defense mechanism. " show me your last 25 trades" etc. I didn't realise that someone had actually taken him up on one & win & he didn't pay up. Says it all really.

I don’t remember seeing any particularly illuminating tips or 'advice' maybe he did over the years before he started trolling me & I became aware of him.

He is obviously intelligent but when challenged acted like a child. It's a shame because if he had a different attitude he may have added value.

He also posted a lot of nonsense like the "economy is running hot in a recession" but there were many other clangers.

I got called a liar, a shyster and many other names under the sun. Once proven wrong, on many occasions, his standard comment was "that's fair" and no apology for the string of insults. The insults themselves are water off a duck's back but it doesn't create valuable debate or discussion.

For some reason he had a real chip on his shoulder against anyone from within the finance industry as if having real world experience was a bad thing. Unfortunately that's the way of the world, scientists and experts are being undermined by people who actually have no real understanding of what they do or did.

Everyone makes mistakes & gets it wrong, obviously including me. The key is to own them.

Anyway I won't miss him, in fact after this post I will have forgotten him.

Hopefully this thread now can get back to discussing markets, instead of what milk you have in your latte or a barrage of personal insults & attacks.

Probably banned for not paying up that $200k bet to LEK. Fair enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    SailorRob was his own worst enemy and was irrational. His ludicrous challenges he would make as a defense mechanism. " show me your last 25 trades" etc. I didn't realise that someone had actually taken him up on one & win & he didn't pay up. Says it all really.
    There was no contract signed by both parties and no winner declared. These posts are really stupid IMO.

Bring back Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    That all may well be true.

But banning someone for not being ‘respectful’? For ‘talking down’ to people?

As you say, that kind of thing is largely managed with a users ability to use the ignore list function.

I am just surprised that the admins took such a heavy handed approach.

It sounds like if enough people have hurt feelings and whinge then we get banned now?
    The problem is that the rules are super vague and basically can be enforced however the mods please.

"Users will not interfere with the use and enjoyment of Websites by other Users (for example, by harassing or threatening another participant of the message boards or blog comments, including the use of expressions of bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred, or profanity)"

Plenty of profanity on these threads that slips through the filter, should everyone who evades the profanity filter be banned too?

What does expression of hatred mean? Should everyone who criticises government on the election threads be banned? Theres plenty of expression of hatred for our current government, and government officials there.

Plenty of questions with no answers, and will likely not recieve an answer.

He's not stupid enough to come back

Bring back Beagle
    Last edited by justakiwi; 31-08-2023 at 10:01 AM.