sharetrader
Page 74 of 455 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    What happened to all the Putin super fans - suddenly so silent? All the concern over Russia's massive build up in plain sight for all to see via independent satellite companies decried as shrill western propaganda driven by a western war mongering industry, the breathless & foaming at the mouth anti american and westernism and adoration for putin - suddenly very quiet. When people here were discussing the risks of a russian invasion of ukraine the thread became consumed by some members with outrage directed at wars started by america 50 years ago but failing to attribute any criticism to what russia was plainly about to do. it's fantastic you are anti war - so do you condemn what russia has just done, or is it more fake news from the west, or justified to purge 'nazis' from ukraine?

Until recently I have never participated in any meaningful way in any off market thread as I'm only here to discuss the NZX and to a very minor degree the ASX.....

...but, war is so visceral and horrific. I was in America in 2003 when they invaded Iraq and when I sensed it was inevitable all I felt was quiet rage at how utterly & willfully disingenuous it was and horrific it would be - protesting well before it was launched and after. I protested vigoursly and was tear gassed at a protest before the war started and went another ~7 of them when I was a tad more youthful. and i feel that same quiet rage about what russia is up to right now. I watched a livestream of cars flooding the streets fleeing kyiv and thought somewhere in that one block stretch of street are probably 50 cars filled with a family just like mine, two toddlers in the backseat, and parents filled with terror. absolutely awful, and the fear so many families are feeling right now.

So for all those posters who breathlessly posted about how bad the wests and america's wars were - can you outright condemn what russia is doing right now? isn't ALL war bad, isn't any country who invades another country deserving of condemnation and scorn? can you even bring yourself to say it?

or are are we going to get another bit of deflection and whataboutism where you just revert to another case study of what country america or britain invaded 50 or 30 years ago?
    Totally share your thoughts and sentiments ...I am against all kinds of bullying by strong ...People and countries abuse their strength to bully weak and helpless people and countries ...Very shameful and makes me look to God for justice as only He will be fair and just ...rest all have an axe to grind . Thoughts with helpless and scared innocent families in Ukraine .

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Totally share your thoughts and sentiments ...I am against all kinds of bullying by strong ...People and countries abuse their strength to bully weak and helpless people and countries ...Very shameful and makes me look to God for justice as only He will be fair and just ...rest all have an axe to grind . Thoughts with helpless and scared innocent families in Ukraine .
    The Eastern Orthodox God is on both the Russian and Ukrainian sides. If past wars are anything to go by, S/He may charge a steep price for "justice." There are no signs that Putin is beating Russian swords into ploughshares. Putin's foot soldiers have occupied the radioactive site at Chernobyl. Heaven knows what he is going to do with that?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 25-02-2022 at 08:28 AM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am not in a mind to take in propaganda from a war mongering nation with a gigantic military armaments industry.

That is what it has got to do with Ukraine.
    By all means, dont, and nor should you or anyone.

Fingers crossed Russia doesnt invade, right??
    Just so I can get my barring here - if in the unfortunate situation Russia chose to invade the Ukraine - would that A) be justified and B) also be America’s fault?

Guru

The french president will pop over to chat to Valery Gergiev and ask if he going to conduct the fire bird for the paris opera and have a cup of tea with the big man in Moscow. Asking if Valery is allowed out in 2022 to fill full his obligations to the world of classical music...

Big meeting coming up that for sure...

Getting back to normal in St Petersburg is at stake..

By all means, dont, and nor should you or anyone.

Fingers crossed Russia doesnt invade, right??
    Just so I can get my barring here - if in the unfortunate situation Russia chose to invade the Ukraine - would that A) be justified and B) also be America’s fault?
    Then Russia stands condemned and will suffer the consequences.

Note that the Ukrainian President & government are of the view that Russia will not invade.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Then Russia stands condemned and will suffer the consequences.

Note that the Ukrainian President & government are of the view that Russia will not invade.
    Good stuff balance. I think we found our common ground.
    Last edited by Muse; 07-02-2022 at 05:18 PM.

Good stuff balance. I think we found our common ground.
    Good stuff, I hope Putin and the US / NATO do the same.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    It's (was) Ben Young aka Moose.
    I'm really confused now. Who is that and why is that relevant?

I am starting to get the feeling you have confused me with a user named simply as 'Moose' - someone you just plastered their full name and a photo of them (putting it up and quickly taking it back down) - while replying to me. You know Moose is a different user right and I'm sure that individual isn't thrilled about what you've done. I hope I am missing something as its starting to get a bit creepy.
    Last edited by Muse; 07-02-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Advanced Member

And the Republican party hangs the entire US in the political balance...How much more screwed up can the US get ? (Midterms remember)...

The Republican Party is enabling Trump's politics of violence

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/02/07/p...nce/index.html
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Advanced Member

Latest twist on the Ukraine situation. I hope both protagonists are running their negotiation strategies thru their "Game Theory" programmed computers - will be interesting to see who comes out on top...

Russia links U.S. nuclear arms talks to security demands - report

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...rt-2022-02-07/
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford