sharetrader
Page 107 of 481 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4801
    Guru

Yep its looking pretty bad...

Plenty of Ukraine and Russians live here..

But ..... very sad day in what is a terrible history for a country to bare.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-02-2022 at 09:01 PM.

Ukrainian army reported to be fighting back with dignity and bringing the fight to the Russians at the borders

We can only pray for those innocent people on all sides

Guru

the video footage shows borders open to russians tanks on New feeds.

and heavy shelling , looks bad.

The russian security director in the video did not seem to have any idea what he was agreeing to...

There is a total mad man loose in the Kremlin...

Das Spiegel showing Kiev motoways packed with people trying to leave in their cars..

Those who can leave look like they are on the move already..

In Kiev Russian Rocket remains ....

krockets.JPG
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-02-2022 at 09:50 PM.

RUSSIA INDEX.jpg

Blimey... Not large image but down 45%

Guru

how to throw your country back to the 18th century..

in 3 easy lessons by yet another russian butcher...
    Last edited by Waltzing; 24-02-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am not in a mind to take in propaganda from a war mongering nation like the US with a gigantic military armaments industry.
    What happened to all the Putin super fans - suddenly so silent? All the concern over Russia's massive build up in plain sight for all to see via independent satellite companies decried as shrill western propaganda driven by a western war mongering industry, the breathless & foaming at the mouth anti american and westernism and adoration for putin - suddenly very quiet. When people here were discussing the risks of a russian invasion of ukraine the thread became consumed by some members with outrage directed at wars started by america 50 years ago but failing to attribute any criticism to what russia was plainly about to do. it's fantastic you are anti war - so do you condemn what russia has just done, or is it more fake news from the west, or justified to purge 'nazis' from ukraine?

Until recently I have never participated in any meaningful way in any off market thread as I'm only here to discuss the NZX and to a very minor degree the ASX.....

...but, war is so visceral and horrific. I was in America in 2003 when they invaded Iraq and when I sensed it was inevitable all I felt was quiet rage at how utterly & willfully disingenuous it was and horrific it would be - protesting well before it was launched and after. I protested vigoursly and was tear gassed at a protest before the war started and went another ~7 of them when I was a tad more youthful. and i feel that same quiet rage about what russia is up to right now. I watched a livestream of cars flooding the streets fleeing kyiv and thought somewhere in that one block stretch of street are probably 50 cars filled with a family just like mine, two toddlers in the backseat, and parents filled with terror. absolutely awful, and the fear so many families are feeling right now.

So for all those posters who breathlessly posted about how bad the wests and america's wars were - can you outright condemn what russia is doing right now? isn't ALL war bad, isn't any country who invades another country deserving of condemnation and scorn? can you even bring yourself to say it?

or are are we going to get another bit of deflection and whataboutism where you just revert to another case study of what country america or britain invaded 50 or 30 years ago?
    Last edited by Muse; 25-02-2022 at 12:02 AM.

Guru

Russian people cannot get money out of banks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFGKbbXsg4c

When they lose their jobs then they'll have plenty of time to get rid of the thug.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 25-02-2022 at 07:43 AM.

Investments

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/why-...dtv_topstories

Neutral if u can say so ...but surely not from western perspective

In nutshell ....Russia is doing what USA was doing in Iraq ....trying to protect themselves long term ....Ukraine joining NATO was not acceptable in their minds as too much discomfort by so much proximity . TBF did anyone talk about sanctions or things like that on USA when nothing was found in Iraq after destroying the country and its stable regime !!! 9/11 terrorists were of Saudi Arabian origin went on to take refuge in Afghanistan and Pakistan ....only poor Afghanistan got punished not the other two ....I wonder why ?

World politics is as muddled as our local at wellington as now more and more political leaders trying to cash on the sentiment for
    petty gains !!!!

I am sure USA agencies will be on job to create unrest in Russia against this attack to make it look Putin is very unpopular leader and he didn't have public support . China is firmly with him ...I again wonder why ?
    Last edited by alokdhir; 25-02-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    What happened to all the Putin super fans - suddenly so silent? All the concern over Russia's massive build up in plain sight for all to see via independent satellite companies decried as shrill western propaganda driven by a western war mongering industry, the breathless & foaming at the mouth anti american and westernism and adoration for putin - suddenly very quiet. When people here were discussing the risks of a russian invasion of ukraine the thread became consumed by some members with outrage directed at wars started by america 50 years ago but failing to attribute any criticism to what russia was plainly about to do. it's fantastic you are anti war - so do you condemn what russia has just done, or is it more fake news from the west, or justified to purge 'nazis' from ukraine?

Until recently I have never participated in any meaningful way in any off market thread as I'm only here to discuss the NZX and to a very minor degree the ASX.....

...but, war is so visceral and horrific. I was in America in 2003 when they invaded Iraq and when I sensed it was inevitable all I felt was quiet rage at how utterly & willfully disingenuous it was and horrific it would be - protesting well before it was launched and after. I protested vigoursly and was tear gassed at a protest before the war started and went another ~7 of them when I was a tad more youthful. and i feel that same quiet rage about what russia is up to right now. I watched a livestream of cars flooding the streets fleeing kyiv and thought somewhere in that one block stretch of street are probably 50 cars filled with a family just like mine, two toddlers in the backseat, and parents filled with terror. absolutely awful, and the fear so many families are feeling right now.

So for all those posters who breathlessly posted about how bad the wests and america's wars were - can you outright condemn what russia is doing right now? isn't ALL war bad, isn't any country who invades another country deserving of condemnation and scorn? can you even bring yourself to say it?

or are are we going to get another bit of deflection and whataboutism where you just revert to another case study of what country america or britain invaded 50 or 30 years ago?
    Totally share your thoughts and sentiments ...I am against all kinds of bullying by strong ...People and countries abuse their strength to bully weak and helpless people and countries ...Very shameful and makes me look to God for justice as only He will be fair and just ...rest all have an axe to grind . Thoughts with helpless and scared innocent families in Ukraine .

I would expect the anti war protesters to begin chanting outside the Kremlins representative in Wellington today.
    However i won't be surprised in the slightest if it doesn't happen,as most only protest if the US are involved.