sharetrader
Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thank you for the guidance. I prefer strong balance sheets and low debt companies. I also like to avoid glamour stocks. In other words today’s popular hot stocks. I am reading some books and getting some great ideas these days. As you said there could be hidden gems.

SailorRob wrote: "There have been more than a few scary headlines lately, but in my view those scary headlines are bestignored at a time when in my opinion there are a great many very cheap stocks available in the hiddencorners of the market where I spend my time. To illustrate, at present the ratio of the R2000 to the SP500is at approximately the same level as it was in March of 2020 as Covid was sweeping the world. Prior tothat time, it had not been that low since February of 2001'.

Everything is screaming cheap bar the few big caps that drive the indexes and confuse you.

My earlier explanatory post went right over your head.

When do you propose you'll get a better shot at world class value stocks than right now."
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 16-05-2023 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Wow - that is an absolutely genius idea!
    Can we buy BRK through Craigs Kiwi saver? Can we invest 100% in one company in that kiwi saver?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Can we buy BRK through Craigs Kiwi saver? Can we invest 100% in one company in that kiwi saver?

Yes you can

Guru

Thank you for the guidance. I prefer strong balance sheets and low debt companies. I also like to avoid glamour stocks. In other words today’s popular hot stocks. I am reading some books and getting some great ideas these days. As you said there could be hidden gems.

SailorRob wrote: "There have been more than a few scary headlines lately, but in my view those scary headlines are bestignored at a time when in my opinion there are a great many very cheap stocks available in the hiddencorners of the market where I spend my time. To illustrate, at present the ratio of the R2000 to the SP500is at approximately the same level as it was in March of 2020 as Covid was sweeping the world. Prior tothat time, it had not been that low since February of 2001'.

Everything is screaming cheap bar the few big caps that drive the indexes and confuse you.

When do you propose you'll get a better shot at world class value stocks than right now."

Not hidden gems, everything is in plain sight....

Guru

Alluvial Q1

'Small company shares remain out-of-favor compared to those of large companies. Despite thisquarter’s gain, the gulf between our securities’ trading prices and their intrinsic values is as largeas I have ever observed. Fourth quarter 2022 earnings were very good overall, but the market’sreaction to even the best news was muted. In response, I made some moves in our portfolio thisquarter, selling out of one holding and adding a few others'.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Crazy. Buying some shares for the kids this morning. Place a limit buy @ 2.50 pre open and it places the bid halfway down the queue at $2.36??

I wonder if the bid was 2.36 when you placed your limit order. Sharesies, in there wisdom, gave you the "best" price @ 2.36. Subsequently the bid moved higher and your order stayed where it was at 2.36

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    I wonder if the bid was 2.36 when you placed your limit order. Sharesies, in there wisdom, gave you the "best" price @ 2.36. Subsequently the bid moved higher and your order stayed where it was at 2.36
    The match price at the time was $2.50... The high bid was something like $2.65

No harm done as the open ended up higher in the end anyway so out of the running... but it basically means you can't place a bid at you're limit pre open and take advantage of a match price

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    The match price at the time was $2.50... The high bid was something like $2.65

No harm done as the open ended up higher in the end anyway so out of the running... but it basically means you can't place a bid at you're limit pre open and take advantage of a match price
    Ahh i see. Thats a but crap then - you put a limit order in that situation you expect it to be placed at the level.

I opend my bank account with shareisis yesterday through my wallet yesterday. Looking forward to their kiwi saver. Hope they will come up with some good options.
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 21-05-2023 at 05:10 PM.