sharetrader
Page 159 of 341 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Following the momo

The reason the NTA reads $498.59 on the NZX site, is because the the wrong figure has been entered by the NZX team (human error). The 'Non controlling interests' haven't been removed with the intangibles in determining the the NTA for shareholders.

I recently bough back int IFT at 2.68 (after selling out several months ago at 3.44), I see very good value at these levels - NTA is around the $3 mark according to half yearly but would have come back a bit based on TPW & MET SP - it would be interesting to calculate current NTA. However IFT is trading at around 6% yield, is well diversified and appears to have bottomed out at 2.64. Debt is approx 30% of asset value, which is low considering the quality of the assets. With the good diversification I think IFT will have good performance from these assets over the next few years - notably MET and the data center, with trust power, property and wellington airport steady as she goes. I see more upside and see current price as good fundamental value while trading at these levels. I see fair value around that 3.10 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by NZSilver View Post
    I recently bough back int IFT at 2.68 (after selling out several months ago at 3.44), I see very good value at these levels - NTA is around the $3 mark according to half yearly but would have come back a bit based on TPW & MET SP - it would be interesting to calculate current NTA. However IFT is trading at around 6% yield, is well diversified and appears to have bottomed out at 2.64. Debt is approx 30% of asset value, which is low considering the quality of the assets. With the good diversification I think IFT will have good performance from these assets over the next few years - notably MET and the data center, with trust power, property and wellington airport steady as she goes. I see more upside and see current price as good fundamental value while trading at these levels. I see fair value around that 3.10 mark.
    Hmm ... not quite sure I'd describe IFT in such flamboyant terms ...

Trustpower is currently playing the falling knife game and unlikely to recover soon ...
    MET is (as the other retirement villages / REIT's) pushed down by people concerned about falling (or stagnating) property prices
    Wellington Airport sits on reclaimed land ... and we just got a reminder that earthquakes are not unheard off in this area
    NZ Bus is hardly a winning game, given that it has to compete against Maori companies with tax privileges

As well - the big returns of the past (due to asset sales) are history, at least for some time to come. Predicted EPS for FY2017 is below 8 cents per share, resulting in a forward PE of roughly 35;

As well - just had another look at the graph, it looks like a text book downtrend:
    Attachment 8535

So - just remind me - why do you think that IFT bottomed already out?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 16-12-2016 at 02:11 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Veteran novice

Like NZSilver, I think IFT has been a bit oversold on the back of an overly pessimistic outlook for several of its investments. But I won't be attempting to calculate a "fair value" nor buy any while the SP is in a downtrend.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Like NZSilver, I think IFT has been a bit oversold on the back of an overly pessimistic outlook for several of its investments. But I won't be attempting to calculate a "fair value" nor buy any while the SP is in a downtrend.
    Hugely oversold yet it just hit $2.59, probably the ugliest chart on the NZX currently but for long term holders it means nothing, the company just keeps doing its stuff well, quite a few holders obviously have big Christmas spending plans.
    Last edited by couta1; 16-12-2016 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm ... not quite sure I'd describe IFT in such flamboyant terms ...

Trustpower is currently playing the falling knife game and unlikely to recover soon ...
    MET is (as the other retirement villages / REIT's) pushed down by people concerned about falling (or stagnating) property prices
    Wellington Airport sits on reclaimed land ... and we just got a reminder that earthquakes are not unheard off in this area
    NZ Bus is hardly a winning game, given that it has to compete against Maori companies with tax privileges

As well - the big returns of the past (due to asset sales) are history, at least for some time to come. Predicted EPS for FY2017 is below 8 cents per share, resulting in a forward PE of roughly 35;

As well - just had another look at the graph, it looks like a text book downtrend:
    Attachment 8535

So - just remind me - why do you think that IFT bottomed already out?
    Agree with you on this one BP. Investors need to keep in mind the very steep downtrend is happening contemporaneously with the companies own share buy-back ! If this buy-back weren't happening the downtrend would be even more severe ! Investment companies buying back their own shares because the directors believe that's in the companies best interests doesn't impress me. Just let the SP speak for itself. The market obviously has serious concerns otherwise the SP wouldn't be tanking.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Looks like it'll hit $2.50

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by huxley View Post
    Looks like it'll hit $2.50
    Closed at $2.60 with 1.3 million shares going through on close, must be some index rebalancing going on here as these are very unusual volumes for this stock, could be the last big clean out before it starts heading north on a more lasting basis, some massive buy bids so some like the company.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Closed at $2.60 with 1.3 million shares going through on close, must be some index rebalancing going on here as these are very unusual volumes for this stock, could be the last big clean out before it starts heading north on a more lasting basis, some massive buy bids so some like the company.
    Not IFT buying back is it, couta?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Agree with you on this one BP. Investors need to keep in mind the very steep downtrend is happening contemporaneously with the companies own share buy-back ! If this buy-back weren't happening the downtrend would be even more severe ! Investment companies buying back their own shares because the directors believe that's in the companies best interests doesn't impress me. Just let the SP speak for itself. The market obviously has serious concerns otherwise the SP wouldn't be tanking.
    Will have to disagree with you here Roger, the company has only bought back 1.5 million shares to date out of the 50 million they are intending to buy back so very little propping up the price there. As you know share prices can tank because of an irrational market(We both know of other stocks where that has happened now dont we) while a good company is just getting on with business. Remember this company is paying increasing dividends and is creating shareholder wealth by making a range of diverse acquisitions along the way which will take some time to bear fruit
    Last edited by couta1; 16-12-2016 at 05:23 PM.