sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    This should create some additional momentum, I've held on for many years and starting to see some great returns now - my only regret is that I sold a small parcel of shares for a very small profit a couple of years ago. The succession of good news bodes well in the event of an eventual takeover.
    Regrets are a good learning opportunity IMHO. If your DCA SP is now looking sound, it may be a good strategy to add more. Ride your winners and keep a 'safety margin' with a lower DCA.

Disc - Holding at a DCA of 61c and adding on any good news.

Also remember men and women are affected differently with bladder cancer
    In 2019 men had 61,700 cases of bladder cancer, compared to only 18,770 in women (Cxbladder info)
    United Healthcare - 5.7m people able to have the test.
    2.8 men v 2.8 women approx.
    Last edited by sunnysleeper11; 10-04-2021 at 08:50 AM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Miner, just wanted to say that over many years you have shared a lot of useful info' on PEB (not without some acrimony from some quarters at times.) Many of us are 'well positioned' thanks to your efforts. My sincere thanks.

ps can't help thinking 10% market share is possible/achievable for PEB, but it won't happen overnight. Exciting times.
    Thank you but I was fortunate to establish an ongoing email relationship with the founder of this thread (no not Gryffn) who has been the guiding light on the published information coming forth from PEB over the years.
    Consequently most of the kudos should be directed there. I know he does keep up to date with ST.

The upside in PEL from here is unrivalled on the NZX and the downside risk is reducing with each announcement. PEL has significantly more upside than PPH yet it’s market cap is c 1/3 of PPH.

Largest holding and continuing to accumulate with each announcement.

More smoke and mirrors from Pacific Edge I say.

United has its own healthcare plans AND a Medicare plan - it jockeys the CMS Medicare coverage and CMS are the primary Payer.
    The inclusion of the Cxbladder CPT codes seem to me to be under the Medicare plan, not United's own plans. Inclusion of the CPT code does not imply coverage, but obviously their medicare policy needs to be updated to reflect the inclusion by CMS.

Cxbladder is covered by Medicare when "medically necessary". But until such time as the American Urological Assn review it's determination on the use of Urinary Biomarkers, the use of Cxbladder is not recommended (last review effective Jan 2021), and unlikely "medically necessary".

AWOL

Undoubtedly the rate of payments from CMS in the coming few weeks will be of great interest to the AUA as well and give guidance to them that they are not the only ones who can assess whether something is medically necessary or not.

Not recommended by them does not mean that various medical centres cant use CXBladder and cannot assess for themselves if it is of value.

This might help

https://www.cxbladder.com/nz/news/20...ia-guidelines/

Contained within this is the following statement regarding AUA guidelines.

The AUA guidelines generated 5.3-times more radiation induced cancers than the KP guidelines. (575 vs 108).

I would deem this not medically necessary wouldnt you?
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 10-04-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Undoubtedly the rate of payments from CMS in the coming few weeks will be of great interest to the AUA as well and give guidance to them that they are not the only ones who can assess whether something is medically necessary or not.

Not recommended by them does not mean that various medical centres cant use CXBladder and cannot assess for themselves if it is of value.

This might help

https://www.cxbladder.com/nz/news/20...ia-guidelines/

Contained within this is the following statement regarding AUA guidelines.

The AUA guidelines generated 5.3-times more radiation induced cancers than the KP guidelines. (575 vs 108).

I would deem this not medically necessary wouldnt you?
    This review seems to be based on 2012/2013 clinical guidelines, Cxbladder unlikely to have been a contributor to the KP score?
    But regardless, clearly the goal is to work toward a better, cheaper, faster and less invasive method of diagnosis - no arguments there. You will note that the AUA guidelines missed detection of the fewest number of cancers, a fairly important consideration also no?

The rate of payments from CMS might be of interest to the AUA but I think will be of greater interest to Shareholders here if they are not as forthcoming as you assume. We have zero actual evidence of significant clinical use or payment by either KP or CMS yet, we will both see in May I guess.

But my post was more about United, and whether US Insurers were starting to cover Cxbladder. I say they are not. This latest announcement only modifies United's Medicare Policy in tune with the Medicare cover.

AWOL

I assumed nothing.
    I said it will be interesting to see what the rate of uptake was in the last six months.

Perhaps there is something more to this sudden revelation by United that cxBladder usage in their Medicare Advantage plan will be honoured with payment.
    I would consider the possibility that this was not the case until Mid March.
    Now all United patients over 65 using cxBladder will have their claim honoured whereas they weren't before.

Some further input just became available

"I will let these PhDs and MD’s: and their publication from July 2019 speak for itself, their affiliations are identified too.

Mihaela V. Georgieva, PhD1; Stephanie B. Wheeler, PhD, MPH1,2; Daniel Erim, MD, PhD, MSc3; Rebecca Smith-Bindman, MD, MPH4; Ronald Loo, MD5; Casey Ng, MD5; Tullika Garg, MD, MPH6; Mathew Raynor, MD7; Matthew E. Nielsen, MD, MS1,2,7,8,9

Author Affiliations
    · 1Department of Health Policy and Management, University of North Carolina Gillings School of Global Public Health, Chapel Hill
    · 2University of North Carolina Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chapel Hill
    · 3Division of eHealth, Quality and Analytics, Social Policy, Health and Economics Research Unit, RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
    · 4Departments of Radiology, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California at San Francisco, San, Francisco
    · 5Department of Urology, Kaiser Permanente Southern California, Los Angeles, California
    · 6Department of Urology, Geisinger Health, Danville, Pennsylvania
    · 7Department of Urology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill
    · 8Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina Gillings School of Global Public Health, Chapel Hill
    · 9Center for Health Research, Kaiser Permanente Northwest, Portland, Oregon

And their article referred to on the CxBladder site : US Clinical Review Reinforces Need for Cxbladder in Hematuria Guidelines.

HyperLink: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...stract/2739056"
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 10-04-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    I assumed nothing.
    I said it will be interesting to see what the rate of uptake was in the last six months.

Perhaps there is something more to this sudden revelation by United that cxBladder usage in their Medicare Advantage plan will be honoured with payment.
    I would consider the possibility that this was not the case until Mid March.
    Now all United patients over 65 using cxBladder will have their claim honoured whereas they weren't before.
    Yes, Medicare tests covered if those tests are "medically necessary" .

I see the NCCN clinical practice guidelines have been reviewed also, effective April 1st. Nothing in there to direct Urologists toward the use of Cxbladder or tumour markers at all. So in using a Cxbladder test, Urologists are not following the recommendations of the AUA or NCCN.

I wonder, how do Urologists demonstrate that the use of a Cxbladder test is "medically necessary" if not recommended by clinical guidelines and National bodies. If they cannot, then is the test then merely investigational and not covered? A bit like all those thousands of CMS tests completed over the years that Pacific Edge pretend they will now be reimbursed for?

Again, I do not think this is a change that United have instigated. They are simply updating their medicare policy so that it reflects what is covered by CMS.
    Last edited by psychic; 10-04-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Does this study recommend Cxbladder somehow Miner?