sharetrader
Page 164 of 468 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4672

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in space View Post
    Cant see our $ staying this high forever.
    On what basis do you say this? I suspect that how things have been things won't be. On a 'rear-view mirror' assessment I could not disagree but I think the dollar will strengthen and hold looking at the macro picture.[/QUOTE]
    Note I said forever, ! Bound to fall some time, but yes we could see $1 for $1 maybe in ths short term but markets always go up and down. A year or two from now the $ is bound to fall if not before IMO

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Seems to me our dollar vs the US is torn between the effects of US tapering, appetite for risk, our relatively strong NZ economy, and the fact that our interest rates are rising faster/sooner than the rest of the worlds'.

TA people must be having a field day with the charts, but from a non TA perspective I find it interesting that the highs of earlier in the year have been tested to a certain extent in recent times but as of yet not passed.

I shy away from making e-rate predictions as I think it is bloody difficult but if I had to guess I think it may test new highs possible even 0.9+ but over the medium/long term it will fall.

In saying that I have been converting NZD to USD and am in the process of doing that again tonight or tomorrow after today's RBNZ induced spike. The worry I have and the thing that without down would send the NZD down is a equity market correction and that could happen any time.

Just my thoughts, DYOR
    Hi Turmeric

I have purchased OZ shares over the last week as the NZ-AX is high (.0946 today). It could still climb further.Can I suggest that you could purchase OZ shares with the AUD. as a backup to the $US.

I have found out that with the $US, if you want to purchase US shares its a double transaction fee.

Good Luck

Cheers Blocker3
    Last edited by blocker3; 14-03-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Banned

Good news for Ryman, lifting the build rate from 700 to 850 in 2017, still three years away but should have analysts revaluing today;

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/191062.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Good news for Ryman, lifting the build rate from 700 to 850 in 2017, still three years away but should have analysts revaluing today;

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/191062.pdf
    This seems overwhelmingly positive

Key points:

• Plans for 8 new villages in NZ
    • 5 of the 8 are in AKL (high growth in population and villa/unit valuations)
    • Increase in build rate to 850 units by 2017
    • Securing a second site in Melbourne is a high priority. This says to me that 1. sales must have gone well there; And 2. Broader than that, RYM Management must be happy overall with how the Aussie expansion has gone (some on this forum often talk about the extra challenges in Aus but RYM must be comfortable that they're managing these well).

Discl. Sold all my RYM between $8 and $8.40 in the last couple of months to free up money for first home - now wish I still had some!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Slam dunk View Post

• Securing a second site in Melbourne is a high priority. This says to me that 1. sales must have gone well there; And 2. Broader than that, RYM Management must be happy overall with how the Aussie expansion has gone (some on this forum often talk about the extra challenges in Aus but RYM must be comfortable that they're managing these well).
    Buying a site may be sensible but I hope they don't get too committed until they work out how it all goes operationally. Sure the building and selling element may be fine but can they operate it on a profitable basis as well?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Buying a site may be sensible but I hope they don't get too committed until they work out how it all goes operationally. Sure the building and selling element may be fine but can they operate it on a profitable basis as well?
    See my earlier post #1678 re Aussie progress of course bottom line profit operational profit won't be known for a couple of years

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    See my earlier post #1678 re Aussie progress of course bottom line profit operational profit won't be known for a couple of years
    Thats my point. They maybe ale to build it but can they find cheap staff to run it. Have they priced the units, week fee, etc right.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    Thats my point. They maybe ale to build it but can they find cheap staff to run it. Have they priced the units, week fee, etc right.
    Unknown even for them given the power of the unions in that state

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Unknown even for them given the power of the unions in that state
    I asked the CFO a few months back if they had given the necessary consideration to the impact Unions would have on costs/margins and he left me a voice mail (I missed his call) saying he was comfortable they had given due consideration to such matters. I was impressed he even called back!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Slam dunk View Post
    I asked the CFO a few months back if they had given the necessary consideration to the impact Unions would have on costs/margins and he left me a voice mail (I missed his call) saying he was comfortable they had given due consideration to such matters. I was impressed he even called back!
    I have sent emails to the Infratil enquiry email address and got an email back from Lloyd Morrison and another director! Respect to Ryman and Infratil, two good Kiwi companies!