sharetrader
Page 111 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1527

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Quite satisfactory, isn't it?
    If you look at pbt growth last 10 weeks v pbt growth for first 16 weeks of year this announcement is 'less satisfactory' than the previous one

A clued up business reporter might notice that pbt growth has halved since last announcement and come up with a headline 'Mainfright profit growth down 50%'
    Last edited by winner69; 21-10-2022 at 09:51 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I market ordered $3000 and got them at $69.99 while eating an almond croissant

Niice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    If you look at pbt growth last 10 weeks v pbt growth for first 16 weeks of year this announcement is 'less satisfactory' than the previous one

A clued up business reporter might notice that pbt growth has halved since last announcement and come up with a headline 'Mainfright profit growth down 50%'
    Absolutely, but then ... the last result was "very satisfactory", wasn't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Wow amazing! Good stuff MFT
    In rain and shine, MFT do deliver the goods. The SP has a wee bit of catching up to do though.

Yippee ….back over 70 bucks

Probably 80 bucks next week

Go Mainfreight …keep truckin along

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yippee ….back over 70 bucks

Probably 80 bucks next week.....
    Nah, sp will pop up for a day or two and then the general doom and gloom will slowly sap the life out of it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Nah, sp will pop up for a day or two and then the general doom and gloom will slowly sap the life out of it again.
    You never know what hype and fear can do to a market, this is true. But just looked at MFT in my spreadsheet:

Forward PE of 18 and earnings forward earnings CAGR (3 years each) is 17.4. This is a PEG (Zulu Principle) of close to 1.

That's how you normally recognise really promising startups, but for a big and profitable company like Mainfreight is this just amazing, isn't it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

You never know what hype and fear can do to a market, this is true. But just looked at MFT in my spreadsheet:

Forward PE of 18 and earnings forward earnings CAGR (3 years each) is 17.4. This is a PEG (Zulu Principle) of close to 1.

That's how you normally recognise really promising startups, but for a big and profitable company like Mainfreight is this just amazing, isn't it?
    Not sure if you saying this is good or bad …or cheap / expensive

Yes, they are an amazing company. One of my favorites over many years and they still have gas left in the tank.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yes, they are an amazing company. One of my favorites over many years and they still have gas left in the tank.
    Absolutely and no surprise they've come out with another oustandingly "satisfactory" result :-) Vey pleased with my little top up at $67 recently. Can't have too many of these.