sharetrader
Page 64 of 1748 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768741141645641064 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Which will be helped with a banking license.
    I think you meant...
    Which will be helped MORE with a banking licence.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I think you meant...
    Which will be helped MORE with a banking licence.
    But of course, Percy-me-ole-mate!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Does anyone have any updated info on the banking license situation?
    We are all waiting with 'baited breath".!!!!! The AGM has been put off until Nov 30th as they expect a decision in November.Whether we get an announcement before the AGM or not I do not know,however I would expect HNZ to make an announcement as soon as they know.

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Does anyone have any updated info on the banking license situation?
    Well there seems to be a little more interest from shoppers today and yesterday.....

At least if it dooesn't get a banking license it will identify where Heartland is deficient. This wil provide certainty for the application next time. Therefore I am hoping that the downside if it misses out will be minimal....

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    At least if it dooesn't get a banking license it will identify where Heartland is deficient. This wil provide certainty for the application next time. Therefore I am hoping that the downside if it misses out will be minimal....
    I share your view.

On the upside, I would be interested to hear informed opinion about what a banking license is worth. The share price at the moment relfects the markets value of the company. How will a bank license change this? Perhaps growth in customers due to it no longer being considered as just another finance company? Does anyone have an estimate for the upside for the share price?

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrage View Post
    On the upside, I would be interested to hear informed opinion about what a banking license is worth. The share price at the moment relfects the markets value of the company. How will a bank license change this? Perhaps growth in customers due to it no longer being considered as just another finance company? Does anyone have an estimate for the upside for the share price?
    Well it would be a bit of a stretch to claim anything i say is 'informed' but my best guess is that a banking licence will allow Heartland to offer lower deposit rates to customers. As an example Co-Op Bank is offering between 4.1% to 4.8% over various terms, where as Heartland is offering 4.9% to 5.5%. Both have BBB- credit ratings.

My rough (very!!) numbers are that with about $2 billion in borrowing, so each 0.1% decrease in borrowing cost is worth $20m to Heartland. Given the approx 390 million shares, each 0.1% decrease in borrowing could be worth 5c per share.

So the question is, how much can they reduce their borrow costs by and how quickly can they do it?

I am told that the Cooperative Bank are more than pleased at the number of new customers they are pulling in with their current campaign ... pretty soft sell but that is probably what the potential punters like

Know a couple of largish worksites they have visited touting business and offering introductory deals

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't taken some Heartland customers ... healthy competition eh

percy

I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't taken some Heartland customers ... healthy competition eh[/QUOTE]

Yeah Right.!!!!??!!! lol.