sharetrader
Page 936 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 43683688692693293393493593693793893994094698610361436 ... LastLast
Results 9,351 to 9,360 of 16077

@ThomedyAdams: In response to Labour's free education policy, Simon Bridges has announced the construction of at least seven new universities. #nzpol

(he is a comedian)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    That'll be handy. Have you read it though? Andrew Little has.
    How do you know? Any evidence for that or just hot air?

Not that it matters, but given that Andrew had still a couple of days ago no clue how he stands related to the TPPA (remember his recent pathetic appearance on Radio New Zealand), and given that he spent the recent days in dreaming up new election bribes (right - the lolly scramble has begun - big time), do I doubt that he had the time to read it.

But as I said - it doesn't matter a bit whether Little read it, whether he read little or nothing at all ...

Is this here really a kindergarten community where arguments like "my dad is stronger than yours" (aka "my dear leader read the document and you didn't") are thrown around - or do you have as well some real arguments to support the newly discovered dislike of your dear leader for the TPPA?

Why don't you do your homework, EZ?

Helen Clark, Phil Goff, David Shearer and Michael Moore are openly supporting the TPPA. Are you saying that they didn't read it? Maybe they don't understand such a complicated text? Or, perhaps, is it more likely Andrew has still no clue what he is talking about?

Maybe Andrew had to start the lolly scramble early to cover up for his pathetic TPPA performance? He just might hope all the 6 year olds (and younger) whom he promised "free" tertiary education if their parents and grandparents pay for it might get so excited that they forget his TPPA blunder?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

We are still waiting for the 10 bridges they promised in the Northland bi-election!

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    @ThomedyAdams: In response to Labour's free education policy, Simon Bridges has announced the construction of at least seven new universities. #nzpol

(he is a comedian)
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    How do you know? Any evidence for that or just hot air?

Not that it matters, but given that Andrew had still a couple of days ago no clue how he stands related to the TPPA (remember his recent pathetic appearance on Radio New Zealand), and given that he spent the recent days in dreaming up new election bribes (right - the lolly scramble has begun - big time), do I doubt that he had the time to read it.

But as I said - it doesn't matter a bit whether Little read it, whether he read little or nothing at all ...

Is this here really a kindergarten community where arguments like "my dad is stronger than yours" (aka "my dear leader read the document and you didn't") are thrown around - or do you have as well some real arguments to support the newly discovered dislike of your dear leader for the TPPA?

Why don't you do your homework, EZ?

Helen Clark, Phil Goff, David Shearer and Michael Moore are openly supporting the TPPA. Are you saying that they didn't read it? Maybe they don't understand such a complicated text? Or, perhaps, is it more likely Andrew has still no clue what he is talking about?

Maybe Andrew had to start the lolly scramble early to cover up for his pathetic TPPA performance? He just might hope all the 6 year olds (and younger) whom he promised "free" tertiary education if their parents and grandparents pay for it might get so excited that they forget his TPPA blunder?
    In his State of the Nation speech yesterday, Andrew Little said he spent part of his own summer holiday working through most of the TPPA document. Hard going he said. In other words, more than a few hours spent I'd say. Plus ongoing expert advice from people like Jane Kelsey.

http://thestandard.org.nz/andrew-lit...-futures-plan/

Apparently for those who were at Albert Park, Auckland, it was an inspiring speech and well delivered. I've seen another article by a journalist from the right, who reckoned the speech was delivered in Rotorua. Well it was one of those places, close enough?

Legend

In his State of the Nation speech yesterday, Andrew Little said he spent part of his own summer holiday working through most of the TPPA document. Hard going he said. In other words, more than a few hours spent I'd say. Plus ongoing expert advice from people like Jane Kelsey.
    Ahhaaahhaaahaagghaahhhaa ha ha ha ROFLMAO

http://thestandard.org.nz/andrew-lit...-futures-plan/

Apparently for those who were at Albert Park, Auckland, it was an inspiring speech and well delivered. I've seen another article by a journalist from the right, who reckoned the speech was delivered in Rotorua. Well it was one of those places, close enough?
    Didn't realise that Andrew might make a good comedian ... funny story that about the short union rep in the car wash. Entertaining and helps me to understand the sad state of our unions ...

However - EZ, you did what you always do ... avoid the hard questions by changing the subject.

So again - why do you think that political and economical heavy weights like Helen Clark, Phil Goff, David Shearer and Michael Moore are wrong in their support of the TPPA, but Andrew Little (who may or may not have invested a couple of hours in flicking through several hundred pages) is right in rubbishing it?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Just when I thought I had nothing to say, I read in the Daily Mail that the Mr Cameron, the British PM no less, has set the county at war over his decision to send his son to Collet, the Preparatory School for St. Pauls in London instead of sending him to a state school. And I look up at the picture of my grandson, in his new school uniform with the Maltese Cross on the pocket which of course is the badge of Collet. None of mine cost the State a cracker in special handouts for education and this one is exactly the same. His father went to work from the fourth form and gained his education after that out of his own pocket.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Just when I thought I had nothing to say, I read in the Daily Mail that the Mr Cameron, the British PM no less, has set the county at war over his decision to send his son to Collet, the Preparatory School for St. Pauls in London instead of sending him to a state school. And I look up at the picture of my grandson, in his new school uniform with the Maltese Cross on the pocket which of course is the badge of Collet. None of mine cost the State a cracker in special handouts for education and this one is exactly the same. His father went to work from the fourth form and gained his education after that out of his own pocket.

And like me, he probably lived in a cardboard box!

Oh dear
    Latest poll results not good for John Keys flag referendum. 61% against change, even 48% of people who identify as National supporters don't want a change.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Didn't realise that Andrew might make a good comedian ... funny story that about the short union rep in the car wash. Entertaining and helps me to understand the sad state of our unions ...

However - EZ, you did what you always do ... avoid the hard questions by changing the subject.

So again - why do you think that political and economical heavy weights like Helen Clark, Phil Goff, David Shearer and Michael Moore are wrong in their support of the TPPA, but Andrew Little (who may or may not have invested a couple of hours in flicking through several hundred pages) is right in rubbishing it?
    You know what BP? I think the TPPA is not a black and white issue, like most things. There will inevitably be some in the Labour camp who are happy to test TPPA out if it is ratified. But let's look at the list of names you have.

Phil Goff has a special dispensation because he helped start the NZ side of the process in 2008, with good intentions. Helen Clark was also involved of course. David Shearer doesn't have that history, and Andrew Little isn't too pleased with his remarks to the press earlier.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/76410038/labour-mp-david-shearer-apologises-to-colleagues-for-breaking-ranks-on-tppa

Mike Moore, our ambassador to the USA, seems to have been captured by the capitalists. So no surprise there.

http://itsourfuture.org.nz/call-to-censure-mike-moore-for-co-hosting-tpp-lobbying-bash/

And the other point is that Helen Clark has been badly misrepresented by the press over her views on the TPPA. She doesn't think we should avoid trading blocks, as long as it's a good deal. No-one asked her opinion on whether she thinks it's a good deal, and given her job, she probably can't say anything about that.

http://thedailyblog.co.nz/2015/10/03/breaking-helen-clark-misrepresented-on-tppa-why-groser-is-now-sucking-up-to-labour/

A columnist on the new Labour policy.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/ne...ectid=11579123
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-02-2016 at 07:14 PM.