sharetrader
Page 935 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 43583588592593193293393493593693793893994598510351435 ... LastLast
Results 9,341 to 9,350 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Have they indeed? How interesting.
    Actually I was directing the comment to W69, who I know is fervently opposed to the TPPA, because he's probably researched it. Unlike yourself FP - you're probably going on some pub talk or radio talkback.

I just wanted to point out that Labour has some election-winning policies lined up, the first released by Andrew Little this afternoon. Three years of free tertiary education for everyone in NZ, guaranteed during their working lifetimes. That's such a clever policy! Not just for school leavers, for everyone. This is policy that fits Labour, and it will definitely help NZ during the tough economic times ahead. How long, I wonder, before National cherrypicks some of it, and pretends it was their idea?

Does it really matter if some Labor party members are pro TPPA or that National does, its a great diversion from the issue.

The TPPA will be a disaster for NZ and other countries other than the US that sign. US corporates have looted their own government through privatization of government services & contracts to the point where the US government is in hack up to its eyeballs. The very same corporates dodge paying tax with offshoring. They are now looking to other country's to loot next. Key is selling us down the river and the Labor supporters of the TPPA are mugs.
    Better in than out?
    Absolute BS and a scare tactic.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

daytr - ever thought that the increasing mountain of student debt in some parts of the world (inc NZ) is just anther way that corporates are 'looting' the world and getting their evil way?

'Looting' your term.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Labour are not giving NZ three years of free tertiary education. Labour are preparing to take a vast amount of the tax we pay and hand it over to anyone who wants to be 'educated' for three years of their life. Now it goes without saying that there will be some creative education as some of Labours favourites create some wonderful subjects that they can teach - for a price.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Actually I was directing the comment to W69, who I know is fervently opposed to the TPPA, because he's probably researched it. Unlike yourself FP - you're probably going on some pub talk or radio talkback.
    What a silly remark. You have absolutely no idea what I know about TPP. You remind me of some abusive twerp who was recently banned for a few months.

Legend

What a silly remark. You have absolutely no idea what I know about TPP. You remind me of some abusive twerp who was recently banned for a few months.
    OK, what do you know about TPP, FP? Inform us all.

Craic, that didn't take you long to come up with a lame theory about how people will rort the new education policy, I reckon Crosby Textor wouldn't have done any better.

For and against arguments in the press already, but middle NZ needs policy like this. It won't be helpful to those of us who have already gone through a tertiary study program, but many of us got that for free, so we can't grumble.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/politi...ed-and-slammed
    Last edited by elZorro; 31-01-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Legend

OK, what do you know about TPP, FP? Inform us all.
    The text is freely available for you.

https://tpp.mfat.govt.nz/text

Legend

The text is freely available for you.

https://tpp.mfat.govt.nz/text
    That'll be handy. Have you read it though? Andrew Little has.

In some instances you are correct, however people have a choice to go for private school and the same for university.
    Private education in many instances is a suckers game & quite often its more about status than education.
    The TPPA imo will see more corporatization of government services by international companies like SERCO.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    daytr - ever thought that the increasing mountain of student debt in some parts of the world (inc NZ) is just anther way that corporates are 'looting' the world and getting their evil way?

'Looting' your term.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

That'll be handy. Have you read it though? Andrew Little has.
    I doubt that Andrew Little has read much of it at all. He may have had some of his minions read parts of it in order to denigrate it for political purposes though.