sharetrader
Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Out of favour these banks'

Banks tipped to fall further, especially NAB, ANZ

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/business/ma...#ixzz44Gtyfu8U
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Frankly, being a keep it simple type of pleb, it worries me... when Bank Equities go into a Bear cycle and the divine experts continue to tell their mere mortal plebs that there's nothing to fear.. the economic good times will roll on...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    Frankly, being a keep it simple type of pleb, it worries me... when Bank Equities go into a Bear cycle and the divine experts continue to tell their mere mortal plebs that there's nothing to fear.. the economic good times will roll on...

But there are those times when things look a lot better .... Bugger, forgotten what they are called now!!!
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But there are those times when things look a lot better .... Bugger, forgotten what they are called now!!!
    Hmmm, lets apply some guru type logic...if it looks better, it could be of the feminine variety ........ is it called a cow?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post

Hoop would you mind explaining the blue and red arrows? And what you mean by a bull trap?

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation Lies, Damn Lies, Statistics & Technical Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Zouga View Post
    Hoop would you mind explaining the blue and red arrows? And what you mean by a bull trap?
    The red arrow points to the last time that the price line descended through the 50 day (exponential) moving average:
    this is probably a bad thing .

The lower blue arrow points to the last time that the price line ascended through the 50 day (E)MA:
    this at the time could have been a good thing .

The upper blue arrow points to when the rising price line went above the little peak (or high) to its left:
    this at the time could also have been a good thing .

A bull trap is defined at investopedia as
    "A false signal indicating that a declining trend in a stock or index has reversed and is heading upwards when, in fact, the security will continue to decline"

and kind of sums up what the arrows are trying to point out.

However:

Depending upon the future and currently unknown behaviour of the share price then it is possible that a new uptrend for ANZ has already begun.
    In this case then the bull trap will turn out to be have been bull s***.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

If you take a random sample of 23 people then there is slightly better than a 50/50 chance that 2 of them share a birthday.
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 30-03-2016 at 11:51 PM. Reason: added a little colour
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

......However:

Depending upon the future and currently unknown behaviour of the share price then it is possible that a new uptrend for ANZ has already begun.
    In this case then the bull trap will turn out to be have been bull s***.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Today ANZ closed at 2568 down 33c (-1.3%) ....

It's now unlikely, but yes its still possible...that sometimes a bull trap isn't a trap at all, it is the following fall that ends up being short lived and quickly reverses the signals (arrows) once again creating a bear trap instead...
    Isn't charting fun....full of possible surprises ..eh
    Last edited by Hoop; 31-03-2016 at 01:00 AM.

It is fascinating stuff. Your chart on the black Monday thread is also extremely helpful. I will certainly continue to develop my understanding.

I must say I do worry about my ANZ shares and have had some trouble sleeping. That extra 100m of bad loans means ANZ is only heading for a record profit of $7.3B (rather than $7.4B).

Those of you invested in ANZ shares, have you bought them on the ASX or NZX? Any benefits to choosing one over the other?