Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
Yep, I expected at least one of you to respond with that. But tell me ... why is it ridiculous? We have had to put up with Balance’s never ending, ranting and raving for months now. The same nauseous “Comrade Cindy” and “Kiwibuild anyone?” comments, day after day after day. Some people have tried to meet him halfway with attempts a mature discussion, others, like me, have eventually lost our cool and spoken our minds. Nothing has made any difference. So what is wrong with attempting to pull back on the drama, and give him an opportunity to tell us all what it is he actually wants? Remove all the bull**** and distraction from the equation, and get down to the bare bones.

I want to know what Balance wants from the next government - regardless of which party that ends up being. I want nuts and bolts from him for once. I don’t see how that is a ridiculous request at all. It is an attempt to restore this ongoing drama to some kind of mature and respectful discussion.

But hey, if Balance (or anyone else) can’t see my post in the light it was intended, that’s fine with me. I have had my hand on the front door handle for some time now - I’m happy to walk on out and close it behind me.
Judging from “Balance’s never ending ranting and raving” it seems that what he wants is to do trolling, not to engage in a mature and respectful discussion. He likes the drama.

Trolling behaviours typically include deliberately posting inflammatory comments and argumentative messages in an attempt to provoke, disrupt and upset others. “Trolls” may pretend to be part of the group, but their real intent is to create conflict for their own amusement. They want to cause disruption and trigger conflict among others for their own fun and enjoyment.

They agree with statements such as “I enjoy making someone angry” and “I enjoy embarrassing others”.
These are the rewarding feelings that some people experience when creating social discord, through selfish or self-serving behaviours and interactions. Individuals who troll are likely to enjoy inflicting psychological pain and distress on others.
They may achieve this through exerting negative social influence, power and strength.

This means that while antisocial personality traits do play a role, what really influences trolling behaviour is the social pleasure derived from knowing that others are annoyed by it. The more negative social impact the troll has, the more their behaviour is reinforced.