sharetrader
Page 86 of 129 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    In other words from citizens, from taxpayers. So that those same citizens can then be paid a tiny pension when they're 65?
    No... it can fund itself entirely now as I said.

Where do you think superannuation welfare money is coming from? taxpayers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    I already explained three methods, I'll add a fourth for the benefit of the simpletons.

1)Tax increase
    2)print money
    3)debt
    4)spending reallocation.

Though it's basically funding itself now, if govts stopped stealing billions in income tax it could be put back in.
    When the Left offer untold freebies and bribes - which are actually not 'free' at all - then they hope to box the Right into a corner by leaving them nothing to offer the electorate. The Right then have no option but to offer tax cuts. And pretty modest ones at that. You are a deeply cynical person because you know exactly how the Left plays the game, and you delight in it, but voters see very easily what is going on.

'Printing money' is not an answer and never will be.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    When the Left offer untold freebies and bribes - which are actually not 'free' at all - then they hope to box the Right into a corner by leaving them nothing to offer the electorate. The Right then have no option but to offer tax cuts. And pretty modest ones at that. You are a deeply cynical person because you know exactly how the Left plays the game, and you delight in it, but voters see very easily what is going on.

The parties of economic management have ruled out taxes simply due to ideology (or their support base).

Why would they if budget repair is the priority.

Guru

'From around 2035/36, the Government will begin to withdraw money from the Fund to help pay for New Zealand Superannuation.
    The Fund will continue to grow until it peaks in size in 2070s.'

Banned

But all that money forcibly taken from citizens in the way of tax could have instead been used for saving for their retirement.

Or:

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."--Winston S. Churchill

Guru

The parties of economic management have ruled out taxes simply due to ideology (or their support base).

Why would they if budget repair is the priority.
    The game the Left play is handing out freebies in order to build support. So you expect the parties of the Right to counter this by raising taxes. Don't be such a clown, you think you are being clever but you're actually being a total dh.

Banned

'From around 2035/36, the Government will begin to withdraw money from the Fund to help pay for New Zealand Superannuation.
    The Fund will continue to grow until it peaks in size in 2070s.'
    Yeh I thought there must be an end-game. But not according to Panda-NZ.

Guru

But all that money forcibly taken from citizens in the way of tax could have instead been used for saving for their retirement.
    So exchange a tax for another tax?

Why, when we have the NZ super fund to pre-fund super liabilities.

Banned

I'm flabbergasted at the printing money thing. Panda-NZ is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Guru

Or:

"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."--Winston S. Churchill
    red panda is obsessed with tax, just being a smarta*se by saying National should run a campaign on raising taxes or proposing a bunch of freebies itself. red panda hates our system, hates private ownership, hates 'the rich', hates anyone that would vote for National or ACT, hates bald people....just a hater. All 'Progressives' are in truth haters and wreckers.