Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
That article was clearly written by an imbecile, and never peer reviewed

One customer's power bill going from $0.60/day to $0.90/day. So this "customer" uses no power and doesn't pay GST??? The low user tariff is increasing from $0.60/day to $0.90/day plus GST.

One customer's power bill "doubled", with a 1.6% average increase. A doubling would be 100%........

The low user tariff was never targeted as helping low income families. It was targeted by the government at promoting energy efficiencies (savings) and to avoid penalising ICP's that use very little power like bach's

It was labour that decided that low income families were missing out on these low user tarrifs, so Labour mandated their phase out over 5 or 6 years, with a review at the midpoint

Anyway, GNE did state their intention to pass these annual low user tariff increases along in February every year. So this isn't really a new occurrence, they did it last February as well

Personally I recently locked into a 5 year solar power fixed plan with Meridian, so no increases for me for another 4.5 years and a super-good buy-back rate for my excess solar power

I will note that GNE was previously my electricity supplier, but would not match the Meridian offer. I gave them two chances to retain my business before switching. So much for customer retention, maybe that team has been disestablished???
i dont think gne will miss you they are gaining customers overall and churn is trending down nicely. you must have been in a zone where they dont need to compete hard