sharetrader
Page 1892 of 1900 FirstFirst ... 8921392179218421882188818891890189118921893189418951896 ... LastLast
Results 18,911 to 18,920 of 18991

Thread: Black Monday

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Nothing big will happen ...this. is a face saving act and will be seen as such ...though it gives chance to Israel to do further and big damage to Iran's nuclear ambitions ....will they ? I think US will encourage them to get rid of nuclear ambitions of. Iran and that shud be possible ...may lead to bigger trouble but maybe worth the trouble in US and Israel's eyes .

Markets may have knee jerk reaction lasting few days maximum ...then will revert to fundamentals of rates and eps growths

Agree, i believe we are mid way into a bull market with lots of corrections along the way.
    Last edited by LEMON; 14-04-2024 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Agree, i believe we are mid way into a bull market with lots of corrections along the way.
    Agree but with proviso bull market in hard Commodities: specifically Oil / Energy and all of the Precious Metals.

Disagree that this War Business is all over from today's Iranian response. The US will not read that quoted text. Say " fair enough" and all sail home saying those Iranians talk common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    bitcoin tanking at moment and stock futures are moving as well

Iran launches drones at Israel in retaliatory attack

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68810053
    Geo political crisis could lead to more volatility. Investors will go for safe havens.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/savi...ix/ar-BB1lwQ6X

For now, futures are not looking good. Sentiment might change if three is a positive development in the political world. Safe havens like bonds, Defensive stocks (Food, Health products, telecoms, utilities etc) and certain commodities are ideal places to park money during times of market turbulences.

https://www.investing.com/indices/indices-futures
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 14-04-2024 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    For now, futures are not looking good. Sentiment might change if three is a positive development in the political world. Safe havens like bonds, Defensive stocks (Food, Health products, telecoms, utilities etc) and certain commodities are ideal places to park money during times of market turbulences.

https://www.investing.com/indices/indices-futures
    I think it's going to be pretty hard for Netanyahu to justify any tit for tat retaliation when it was him that bombed Iran's embassy in Syria.
    Doesn't seem like there is much appetite from the US either, not that that has stopped Netanyahu in the past.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

As expected markets didn't tank and energy prices didn't rocket. Surprise?

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    As expected markets didn't tank and energy prices didn't rocket. Surprise?
    tanking now , last tax day today. anyway correction mode evident now from nov rally
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    tanking now , last tax day today. anyway correction mode evident now from nov rally
    Do you really think tax period was much of an influence. I assume you are referring to people selling their shares to fund their tax bill ?
    Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Do you really think tax period was much of an influence. I assume you are referring to people selling their shares to fund their tax bill ?
    Is that correct?
    probably more of an effect this yr because of the strong gains in US market last yr. historical evidence as well it has some effect leading up to the 15th. obviously other data impacts as well ie isreal and they have just saying they will retaliate
    Last edited by bull....; 16-04-2024 at 08:29 AM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Is that correct?
    I wonder how many are shorting against the box to lock in profits without the tax issues