Yeah...there's been a lot of successful dumb money RYM investors ...lets hope it carries on.

RYM has an unusual OBV / price divergence if I can beleive the data on these free charts....unusual to the fact that it has lasted during the entire length of the bull market to date.

When certain TA indicators misbehave I normally use others instead...no one should rely on a single indicator RYM proves this..eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
I have to say it all sounds horribly risky to me Hoop. But I have no practical knowledge of TA.

The 'business' risk with RYM at this current point in time is so low, if you get stopped out of RYM based on Mr Market's reaction to short term price and volume changes (isn't TA at least somewhat self fulfilling if a lot of market participants are using it to make decisions?), could you not easily end up on the wrong side of the trade as the underlying business value keeps increasing and the share price catches up?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Sauce..TA and self fulfilling prophesies...yep, your definitely not alone in thinking this way ...I was a long term investor using FA for 25 years and I still remember those FA/TA prophesy debates well... After having one debate too many I ended up joining the TA brigade ..if you can beat them join them.
After using TA with some FA for 10 years I now do not believe in self fulfilling prophesies anymore.

Risky business using TA on a low risk business like Ryman....Nah..Using TA as a timing tool is less risk... TA gets you in and out of the market more effectively than using emotion......Low risk investments still have their ups and downs and usually with low reward.
RYM a low risk ...hmmm ...the market didn't think so during the height of the GFC of 2007/2009. when the shareprice dropped 50% to $1.20.

Note on the NZSX50 index thread... Phaedrus MSI on the NZX50 has fallen so all stops should be strictly adhered to (thanks Trackers for carrying this on)