sharetrader
Page 100 of 234 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2334

Thread: RAK Rakon

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Up until a few years ago you were right but the last few half years have been changing that trend. They actually look like they may make a profit in a year or two if the trend continues...

Amazing what new and capable management can do. Ross Green is not being missed!
    Has the new management delivered on their forecasts yet?

It's still the same hands out for money money brigade?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's still the same hands out for money money brigade?
    Sorry was that a statement or a question?

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Sorry was that a statement or a question?
    Feb 2012 : "A positive EBITDA outcome is not envisaged for 2012, however by the end of the year the company is expected to be operating at a run rate that will lead to a positive result in 2013."

Statement or question?

September 2012 : Share placement (again!!!)
    Last edited by Balance; 27-02-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Haha nice. Don't worry about your son, my father always said I needed to know really hard Math otherwise I would get nowhere in life (he has a Masters in Advanced Math). I was a failure at math in high school, yet know I hold down a steady job and easily outperform him on the markets! Go figure eh?
    If I have learnt anything about maths, the higher you get in maths, the less numbers you use e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace_transform. But for our purposes, statistical maths is the one you want to be good at.

Guru

Back in the good ol days life was a lot easier....numbers were a lot lower so you could count up to 10 no sweat....If things got complicated (more than 10) you just took off your socks.

The price slip is probably going to accelerate from now on. I am wondering whether it could be a speculative play at some stage.
    At what price, do you think RAK might attract some takeover interest? or interested buyer will just wait and buy from receivership? Or NZ government will think it is pretty 'iconic' and get involved like what they did with Air NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Best short in the market that I have seen in a long time.

Rakon has gone from leading market position to playing catch up.

This is not a sustainable position - hence, the cash bleed and now that the cash is running out, there is only one thing left to do.

Spare a thought for the institutions who bravely put $65m into Rakon at $1.10 in 2009. Then spend a minute thinking about Peter Maire 'reluctantly' selling down his shareholding in 2009 a few months before the capital raising. Interesting!
    Still the best short on the market.

21 cents and will be 20 cents on Monday. That's an easy 20% in one week - i.e.. 24 cents sell and buy back at 20 cents.

Harbour still has 9m odd shares to unleash on the market.

Then, there's every likelihood of a heavily discounted 5 for 1 rights issue to come.

Up 10% in the past 3 days since both the CFD shorters and the bitter last posted. !!

:-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    Up 10% in the past 3 days since both the CFD shorters and the bitter last posted. !!

:-) :-)
    Short coverings to lock in some awesome gains, courtesy of Robinsons and Mogridge.

Now for the second leg down towards the 5 for 1 rights issue?

Now Now Balance. You know you are more widely read than your query indicates.!!

Senor Robinson recently quoted in NZHerald "No Capital Raise" for shareholders.