Thank you all for the great responses! I really value your input and varying opinions.

Snoopy your words were music to my ears which have left me feeling like I havent made a mess of things but could do with some strengthening and of course further education on the stocks I already own. After some thought I have decided the only stock Im not happy with is Snakk and will look to exit when the time is right.

Feeling more confident about my portfolio now albeit a bit "speccy" I think I will top up some more Telecom in the next year and look to take a position in Mainfreight (a bit speccy right now too?) in a time of price weakness (missed the boat a couple of weeks back!) but other than that I would like to sit back, watch and learn for the duration of 2014.

The only comment I feel strongly against is that of Born2invest's (although i agreed with most of your comments). "My 11th best idea would be no way near my 1st best idea". I think that while I have many stocks lots of them are speculative in which case diversifying them makes sense - of which I have selected my favourites and weighted them accordingly. I remember a interview I heard a while with some big investor whose name escapes me (wasn't interested in the market at that point) who said that "of 100 investments 2 usually turn out to be brilliant stocks - and usually not the 2 you were expecting." Given what has just happened with CNU (and many others before it) a 2 stock portfolio seems to be a foolish and possibly emotional investment. My older brother - a seasoned investor and very successful accountant had 2 bluechips crash in a year out of his 8 stock portfolio. 2 years later he has done well to recoup his losses - however what if they were his 2 best ideas? I think in the end the truth is that no one has a clue what is round the bend for any stock and its important to have measures in place to protect you capital - I would rather mirror the market then be broke.

Thanks again all and look forward to any other opinions investors wish to put forward.