sharetrader
Page 266 of 1754 FirstFirst ... 1662162562622632642652662672682692702763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 17535
    percy

Paper Tiger;I trust you are safe and OK.
    Winner69.I remain, as always, an unsophisticated punter,sorry investor.
    I was expecting a modest $20 to $30 mil acquisition,so a $87mil certainly moves the goal posts a lot quicker.
    To find a "niche" where they will be "a market leading position" is great news.With the ageing population it is very much a growing sector.[not keen on Aussie though].
    Being on the road since 5.30 this morning means I missed all the action,with only a short time checking emails etc at Oamaru library.So nice to get home and catch up.
    Paper Tiger.Good volume today?! lol.

This from Sentinel's website:

"When it is time for you to leave your home our No Negative Equity Guarantee means that, so long as all conditions of the loan have been met, what you will be required to repay following your death or moving to permanent long-term care will not exceed the sales proceeds of the property."

I wonder what conditions are placed on the vendor when it's time to sell? How does Sentinel (now HNZ) control what is a fair price? Can my brother buy my house off me for $1, leaving Sentinel to take a large loss?

I'm sure this doesn't happen, but it would be good to know what prevents it.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Being on the road since 5.30 this morning means I missed all the action,with only a short time checking emails etc at Oamaru library
    Percy. Time to get a smart phone.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Percy. Time to get a smart phone.
    Smart man.. Not allowed to use phone when driving :-))

On the doghouse

Default Heartlands Capital Raising Program

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    No funding problems eh?

What about when Heartland took over the PGW finance loans? Part of the deal was PGW had to subscribe new capital to Heartland to help shore it up before they would take any PGW Finance loans on. Even then Heartland wouldn't take on all the PGW Finance loans without a PGW guarantee on one difficult chunk of loans.

Still given Heartland have only been in existence in their current form for two years, I would argue that is not enough time to build an operational history either good or bad.

It is not great that Heartland have had any funding problems given their history is so short.
    Just to remind people about the Heartland capital raising program so far:

"On 31 August 2011, the Company issued 23,257,528 new shares at $0.52 per share to existing shareholders under a share purchase plan, issued 34,164,396 new shares at $0.65 per share to underwriters of the share purchase plan, placed 4,615,385 new shares at $0.65 per share and placed 26,666,666 new shares at $0.75 per share to institutions and investors. The total new capital raised was $57,346,857."

Added to this is the DRP plan operating on the 1st October 2013, and for the earlier April 2013 dividend. Add to that the $20m of capital being raised for the purchase of Seniors Money International Limited (“SMI”), the dividend reinvestment plan for the April 2014 dividend. All in all quite a lot of capital being raised for a bank that ostensibly has plenty of capital....

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

percy

Had a look at market caps,to see what one can buy for the $87mil acquisition Heartland have made.
    Came in between Turners Auctions, market cap$70.08mil, and Dorchester Pacific at $123.49 mil. Scott Technology is $73.49 mil.and AWF is $68.38mil.
    So it is a substantial business.

There appears to be a bug in this thread? I can't go past page 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Just to remind people about the Heartland capital raising program so far:

"On 31 August 2011, the Company issued 23,257,528 new shares at $0.52 per share to existing shareholders under a share purchase plan, issued 34,164,396 new shares at $0.65 per share to underwriters of the share purchase plan, placed 4,615,385 new shares at $0.65 per share and placed 26,666,666 new shares at $0.75 per share to institutions and investors. The total new capital raised was $57,346,857."

Added to this is the DRP plan operating on the 1st October 2013, and for the earlier April 2013 dividend. Add to that the $20m of capital being raised for the purchase of Seniors Money International Limited (“SMI”), the dividend reinvestment plan for the April 2014 dividend. All in all quite a lot of capital being raised for a bank that ostensibly has plenty of capital....

SNOOPY
    Does the 43 million new shares issued to pay the vendors count as new capital as well?

Of course it does

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    At this stage the thread doesn't goes past page 200 ...yet

They are just waiting to be filled up with meaningful posts

Bit confusing though preempting page numbers

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Arrow After a hard morning shoveling Ash - a little problem solving

Quote Originally Posted by vorno View Post
    I can not go back more that 3000 posts which for me is 150 pages

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    At this stage the thread doesn't goes past page 200 ...yet

They are just waiting to be filled up with meaningful posts

Bit confusing though preempting page numbers
    Under General Settings is the option to set the number of posts per page so your view of the Sharetrader Universe can be different to other equally valid views. I for instance have chosen the newest first option so that newer posts are higher up the page.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum