sharetrader
Page 39 of 692 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    I'll just add that I knew nothing of this stock until Monday when I looked at the share picking competition live results and saw that all these people had whizzed past me.

Needless to say I quickly did a bit of research of the ole VML.

After reading about insider trading - (from an outsider coming in - sure it looked a little dodgey at a glance, but looking into it more I could see it could be legit - I was expecting too see more here about the announcement of Maccas itself but oh well. Anyway, all this combined - I bought a parcel of 500,000 at close on Wednesday. This pushed the price up from 0.017 to 0.018 and even shifted me from 1st to 2nd place in the competition because it put Bobcat. in front of me :P

Anyway, I like and agree with some guys comment I read earlier that went along the lines of you can put in $1000 and it might become $500 or it might become $10,000. Sorry I can't remember who said that.
    Clearly a case of insider trading/collusion which needs to be looked at. Not sure how this blatant stock manipulation is covered in the rules...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    If the Crimes Act 1961 was amended to make rape legal for 12 months during a "transitional period" would you still do it?

Moral of the story: Just because it's allowable by way of legislation certainly does not make it ethical.
    Don't worry Rob, it seems those with vested interests will argue blue in the face that Directors are "all gud, chur bro" (at least while there's a blue arrow next to their shareholding...) while us outsiders will constantly bludgeon them with morality and ethical considerations (the holding of which precludes owning shares and therefore having the "right" to negativity about it).

It seems the unmoveable rock has met the unstoppable force!

Weird how the human mind works eh?

Cool VML aka OHE

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Don't worry Rob, it seems those with vested interests will argue blue in the face that Directors are "all gud, chur bro" (at least while there's a blue arrow next to their shareholding...) while us outsiders will constantly bludgeon them with morality and ethical considerations (the holding of which precludes owning shares and therefore having the "right" to negativity about it).

It seems the unmoveable rock has met the unstoppable force!

Weird how the human mind works eh?
    Looking forward to how the mind is working following the OHE disclosures today.
    VML in reverse?

After some internal deliberation I have decided to share my thought of the day. In this article here we see that Scott Bradley may or may not have a mullet.

In my view, if Scott Bradley has a mullet then this may be an indication of his business practices.

"Business in the front, PARTY IN THE BACK!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    After some internal deliberation I have decided to share my thought of the day. In this article here we see that Scott Bradley may or may not have a mullet.

In my view, if Scott Bradley has a mullet then this may be an indication of his business practices.

"Business in the front, PARTY IN THE BACK!!!"
    http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000350427

I think VMob can really help with a few things here....

Hey guys,

I've been following this VML thread for a while. After I saw the recent VML announcements some members sought to presume VML was dodgy and guilty of breaches against the FMA which I felt it was unfair (Admittedly I also questioned the statement myself).

I office shared with these guys when they were first starting up. (The company I was in was start up as well).

During that time Scott Bradley was very explicit about compliance with the FMA and he took a very serious position regarding any sort malpractice.

I don't know Scott well, but have been present when he has laid down some very direct warnings about any insider trading or any other sort of carry on.

Our company relocated office before the product was properly released, but I have worked with some of the developers there in the past (in other companies). I know these guys have been working bloody hard to get to where they are. There are some smart and dedicated guys there I know that for sure.

I'm certainly hoping that they can take things a lot further, it sounds like the McDs global contract was a real win for them. By the adoption rates it sounds like the product has been successful, at least in the pilot countries.

IMHO the < .02 price to acquire stock might carry high risk. But could also yield a great return.

Holding (small).

Membaa

Allotment day today. 205,137,771 ordinary shares
    https://nzx.com/companies/VML/announcements/260030

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TJP View Post
    Hey guys,

I've been following this VML thread for a while. After I saw the recent VML announcements some members sought to presume VML was dodgy and guilty of breaches against the FMA which I felt it was unfair (Admittedly I also questioned the statement myself).

I office shared with these guys when they were first starting up. (The company I was in was start up as well).

During that time Scott Bradley was very explicit about compliance with the FMA and he took a very serious position regarding any sort malpractice.

I don't know Scott well, but have been present when he has laid down some very direct warnings about any insider trading or any other sort of carry on.

Our company relocated office before the product was properly released, but I have worked with some of the developers there in the past (in other companies). I know these guys have been working bloody hard to get to where they are. There are some smart and dedicated guys there I know that for sure.

I'm certainly hoping that they can take things a lot further, it sounds like the McDs global contract was a real win for them. By the adoption rates it sounds like the product has been successful, at least in the pilot countries.

IMHO the < .02 price to acquire stock might carry high risk. But could also yield a great return.

Holding (small).
    Why would Scott Bradley, the Director of a company, be talkimg FMA compliance etc with a pleb from another company that happens to be office sharing with his company (who, you admittedly said, barely knew you!)? Why would he also be laying down the law with this other company???

I smell something here, and it ain't an EPA approval!
    Last edited by BFG; 05-02-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Guru

BFG - you have obviously never worked in an open plan office (shared with other businesses). You can't use quiet rooms for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    BFG - you have obviously never worked in an open plan office (shared with other businesses). You can't use quiet rooms for everything.
    Thanks Harvey, I have noticed the BFG likes to troll a little. That was exactly the point. BFG the "F" is for friendly right?