sharetrader
Page 610 of 1756 FirstFirst ... 11051056060060660760860961061161261361462066071011101610 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 17551
    percy

I brought more this morning.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    It's going up ....relief rally?
    Maybe. Result at top end of guidance. Directors have boosted the dividend quite a bit. Does that reflect confidence that the profit will be maintained even with dairy in its current strife? I think the half year result in six months will be interesting as it may more fully reflect the fallen dairy prices and a more general cooling in conditions.

Guru

Pity about the $12m in bad debts - $6m more than last year. We can't even blame dairy for that can we.
    The question is did they massage the bad debt provision up or down to give a result just above top of range?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    From my perspective a good result, really nice to have the dividend increase. To me that is an important consideration..
    I was a little surprised by this:

" As at 30 June 2015, Heartland Bank had also lent approximately $32.8m through the Harmoney platform"

Had not expected HNZ to be using the Harmoney platform to this extent. Not quite sure how to think about this.
    So trying to figure out whether this is good or bad and how material.

I see this from the Harmony site.
    "HARMONEY PASSES $50 MILLION
    Peer-to-peer lender Harmoney says it passed a significant milestone this month with more than $50 million having now been lent via its online platform with more than 1.4 million transactions facilitated to date. Harmoney says this makes it the fastest growing peer-to-peer lending marketplace in Australasia" Date 28 May 2015 Interest.co.nz
    So this is reasonably recent. That means a huge proportion of Harmoney's lending is funded by HNZ. So Harmoney is really just a branch of HNZ. I can't recall what % of Harmoney that HNZ own. Well, it will be at higher interest rates....but how secure ?

So trying to figure out whether this is good or bad and how material.

Peer-to-peer lender Harmoney says it passed a significant milestone this month with more than $50 million having now been lent via its online platform with more than 1.4 million transactions facilitated to date. Harmoney says this makes it the fastest growing peer-to-peer lending marketplace in Australasia" Date 28 May 2015 Interest.co.nz
    So this is reasonably recent. That means a huge proportion of Harmoney's lending is funded by HNZ. So Harmoney is really just a branch of HNZ. I can't recall what % of Harmoney that HNZ own. Well, it will be at higher interest rates....but how secure ?
    Harmoney not really P2P is it?

Comm Commission looking at Harmoney's fee structure as well. If they factored HNZ involvement in it could be interesting.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    The question is did they massage the bad debt provision up or down to give a result just above top of range?
    Now that is really mischievous. Surely not suggesting massaging results to manage analyst expectations.

Whatever its a big (unexpected) number even allowing for the $1m court case so the answer is probably up.

Guru

Pretty sure I read they were over $75M and on track for the $100m in 1 year target which must be coming up very soon.

11% ownership. Trademe is 15%. http://coys.co.nz/company/?no=517704...Y+CORP+LIMITED

Hope the share price doesn't go up too much before end of September

Get more cheap ones in the DRP .... lot cheaper than the $1.30 odd ones last time

Guru

Hope the share price doesn't go up too much before end of September

Get more cheap ones in the DRP .... lot cheaper than the $1.30 odd ones last time
    I am definitely considering rejoining the DRP at current prices.

Guru

That you backing the truck up there at 1.11 Percy?