sharetrader
    Advanced Member

I concur, "a bunch of twats" that's plain stupid - too many gins last night? They are not a bunch of misfits either, just people dedicated to trying to make NZ even better. Mind you probably thought Clark & Cullen & co were misfits too, suspect the only misfit is you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I suggest you re-read what you write. "A bunch of twats" ! And much of the rest of your post is so one eyed , its hard to take you seriously.
    Grow up.

Advanced Member

A typically Tory view - for some silly reason you think you are born to rule as I keep saying NZ today has been shaped more from Labour than National policies, even you might be able to figure that out?
    Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Maybe if you stopped elevating your own opinion to the status of infallibility and went instead to opinion of the majority of NZ voters you would see that you are probably wrong. Even the All Blacks might be '" torn to shreds by a decent opposition". The fact is National is the best team on the park now and your inability to see that is a problem for you.

Advanced Member

They just have an opinion - but at least don't resort to childish comments like "misfits" & "twats" - which private school did you attend?
    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    So it is OK for you and eZ to be one eyed but not anyone that does not agree with you and you tell me to grow up. You are a laugh a minute.

Legend

Thanks for adding a bit of pushback on the name-calling, Tim23. Cold, hard facts are all that is needed to win an argument about politics in NZ. You just can't compare the last 9 year term under Labour, with the 7 years we've had under National, without getting a bit grumpy about what we've lost out on.

The press are still mostly helping National out, but again, it's easy to deconstruct their arguments.

http://thestandard.org.nz/opinion-pieces-on-labour/

In the news today, we are being warned by scientists about the ongoing perils for our aquifer water from having the equivalent of 100 million humans defecating, without a proper sewage system, into our waterways. The dairy boom and quick bust was promoted under National as a major policy, and they are still working on irrigation systems to assist dairy farmers in regions that didn't formerly suit dairying, like Canterbury.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...y-secrets.html

Advanced Member

Just watched Sunday Jonathan Coleman in denial re obesity reminded me of ex MP Katherine Rich from Food Council saying that people weren't influenced by marketing by alcohol companies - really Katherine? That's why Steinlager are involved with the All Blacks and of course we know that All Blacks tell you how to vote on polling day and which flag to choose... p
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Thanks for adding a bit of pushback on the name-calling, Tim23. Cold, hard facts are all that is needed to win an argument about politics in NZ. You just can't compare the last 9 year term under Labour, with the 7 years we've had under National, without getting a bit grumpy about what we've lost out on.

The press are still mostly helping National out, but again, it's easy to deconstruct their arguments.

http://thestandard.org.nz/opinion-pieces-on-labour/

In the news today, we are being warned by scientists about the ongoing perils for our aquifer water from having the equivalent of 100 million humans defecating, without a proper sewage system, into our waterways. The dairy boom and quick bust was promoted under National as a major policy, and they are still working on irrigation systems to assist dairy farmers in regions that didn't formerly suit dairying, like Canterbury.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...y-secrets.html

We can add the giving away of our water to corporations & foreign interests to the list of botch ups by National.
    And just look at the list of directors behind these companies making a motza by bottling & shipping off our free water from our purest sources.
    Jenny Shipley of course, is there a trough she isn't at? I can't believe she may have been considered for the GG gig.
    Orivida all over it of course as is their involvement in the dodgy practice of ancient Kauri export.
    But according to Nick Smith its ok and we shouldn't be charging for this precious resource!
    Just who are these clowns working for!
    Last edited by Daytr; 18-04-2016 at 07:22 AM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    We can add the giving away of our water to corporations & foreign interests to the list of botch ups by National.
    And just look at the list of directors behind these companies making a motza by bottling & shipping off our free water from our purest sources.
    Jenny Shipley of course, is there a trough she isn't at? I can't believe she may have been considered for the GG gig.
    Orivida all over it of course as is their involvement in the dodgy practice of ancient Kauri export.
    But according to Nick Smith its ok and we shouldn't be charging for this precious resource!
    Just who are these clowns working for!
    Most of these clowns are in the property market too. A recipe for increasing property prices, to guarantee better results from a non-taxable gain, is to keep net immigration high. This has a flow-on effect in keeping wages lower. Of course setting up a tax haven here, makes sure that there is plenty of dodgy money looking for a tax-free investment too.

Gareth Morgan says the govt could easily be missing out on 25% of income tax.

http://thestandard.org.nz/what-tax-e...s-us-of-in-nz/

Legend

W69, you were wondering where National's funding comes from. Here's one source, the biggest living funder for the National Party in 2014. The story was on One News tonight, and it has been covered by RNZ earlier in the day.

http://thestandard.org.nz/mccully-th...e-niue-resort/

Again, there is some overlap between altruism and sheer commercial interests I think.

http://australia.etbtravelnews.com/1...-honours-list/

Gibraltar Trust uses a Christchurch accountancy firm, and on their taxation page we see a coded reference:

http://www.allottreeves.co.nz/our_se...vices/taxation

Wouldn't it just be great, if someone who is so generous to local causes would also be paying their normal taxes like the rest of us? Why do I get the feeling that these donations are in lieu of some otherwise payable taxes?

Shoot me down if you like, FP, Iceman etc, I probably deserve it.
    Last edited by elZorro; 18-04-2016 at 06:40 PM.

“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

Wouldn't it just be great, if someone who is so generous to local causes would also be paying their normal taxes like the rest of us? Why do I get the feeling that these donations are in lieu of some otherwise payable taxes?

Shoot me down if you like, FP, Iceman etc, I probably deserve it.
    El Z this is true of any one who donates to a registered charity (local causes)....even you. We all get a tax rebate against what otherwise would have been payable taxes when we donate to charity. I think it is a great incentive to see ones philanthropic contributions to go where one would want them spent, rather than down the bottomless pit of the consolidated fund.