sharetrader

Threaded View

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peetter View Post
    I do flat, yes. I cook pretty complex meals with mostly free range or organic food, have occasional drinks out with friends, go to gym, go to movies etc. I'd not call it living basically, more like not living wastefully.

I do come from post-soviet country, so I understand what it is growing up poor. I am also thankful my parents were able to teach me how to take care of myself.
    That is amazing if you are a young adult, can live like that while still being able to save and have sufficient funds to be able to retire in ten years' time and live off the income from your savings. You must have received a very big pay rise. Certainly in Auckland that would necessitate a retirement investment pot well into seven figures to provide a return and resources for potentially many decades of accommodation and retirement.

Being from a "Post Soviet" country does that mean you are used to little modern consumer technology, crowded flats and frugal living? The diet of organic food suggests an expensive non-Soviet style diet to me. A Soviet lifestyle suggests relying on public transport rather than a private car or taxis? That would save some money but would be difficult in Auckland let alone in many other parts of NZ.

If only Boomers and previous generations had developed NZ cities around affordable accommodation, public transport and if only they had developed food production on free range and organic principles, do you think NZ would already be in a better place?
    Last edited by Bjauck; 23-11-2019 at 06:38 AM.