sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Then what about CocaCola? Apple? Amazon? Tesla? All businesses can be copied, but brand awareness is something that can’t be duplicated. It’s like even you have 3-stars Michelin chief’s recipe, you can’t just reproduce the dish. Think twice before you comment.
    i think i said that they have brand , thats all they have and it will be determined in the long run weather the brand can keep the competitors at bay.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i think i said that they have brand , thats all they have and it will be determined in the long run weather the brand can keep the competitors at bay.
    It is indeed a serious consideration. Certainly I think that this underpins and justifies the marketing spend, to whatever level. Get in early, entrench your brand, build awareness, be the original etc.

Of their major (current) competitors, everyone else is conflicted where they also produce A1/A2 products. However at the same time, in NZ herds are moving towards A2 with the use of A2 bulls - however I think total transformation would take a long time.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Of their major (current) competitors, everyone else is conflicted where they also produce A1/A2 products.
    Do the mothers care that a competitors 'other' milk may have A1?
    They buy a brand and/or they buy A2 protein. What other products the manufacturer may have isn't an issue.
    Sure, you can't say 'we only have A2 milk' but you can say 'this is A2 milk'.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Do the mothers care that a competitors 'other' milk may have A1?
    They buy a brand and/or they buy A2 protein. What other products the manufacturer may have isn't an issue.
    Sure, you can't say 'we only have A2 milk' but you can say 'this is A2 milk'.
    Mothers probably don't care - but never know with some of the (Chinese) brands what they do.

However like Fonterra going softly softly on A2, if they promote A2 products too heavily, brings into question their other products. Growing the A2 category and awareness helps everyone.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Mothers probably don't care - but never know with some of the (Chinese) brands what they do.

However like Fonterra going softly softly on A2, if they promote A2 products too heavily, brings into question their other products. Growing the A2 category and awareness helps everyone.
    Brings into question their other products?
    There is nothing wrong with their other products - A1 milk is fine!
    A2 suits some people where A1 doesn't.
    Me - I don't drink A2 because I don't need to.
    Our kids didn't have any issues with A1 baby formula so I wouldn't have paid more to get (even if it was around 25 years ago).
    Products are 'horses for courses'.

I don't see why some people seem to think you have to have either A1 or A2 in the market - there is room for both.
    When (if) all the herds are converted to A2 then A2 milk is just MILK - like A1 was before A2 showed its' face.
    At that point there won't be a premium for A2 - just for the brand (and brands are very important in this market (formula)).

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    brings into question their other products?
    there is nothing wrong with their other products - a1 milk is fine!
    A2 suits some people where a1 doesn't.
    Me - i don't drink a2 because i don't need to.
    Our kids didn't have any issues with a1 baby formula so i wouldn't have paid more to get (even if it was around 25 years ago).
    Products are 'horses for courses'.

I don't see why some people seem to think you have to have either a1 or a2 in the market - there is room for both.
    When (if) all the herds are converted to a2 then a2 milk is just milk - like a1 was before a2 showed its' face.
    At that point there won't be a premium for a2 - just for the brand (and brands are very important in this market (formula)).
    do your research again , not on how you think and your emotions but on global world wide

Bugger all this yacker about the product - wtf is happening to the share price today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Bugger all this yacker about the product - wtf is happening to the share price today
    Errrmerica down 2% will be contributing

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Shorters are trying to press the Sp down and the Instos trying to keep it up forcing the shorters at a higher sp.

look at the rsi yesterday ... well over brought
    one step ahead of the herd