Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
Yes very true Dobby..History agrees too.
My post was a tongue in cheek humour..probably for most it's was bad humour.

The interesting thing about the NZX50 is the amount of record highs being achieved and yet this news is being buried with the avalanche of hyped up (dramatic) negative media...hmmm maybe that's what is keeping the Bull market going..negative media suppressing investor exuberance and keeping some of us on the sidelines + the continuing fall of interest rates + moderate organic growth + high property prices giving home owners more spending power (high domestic economy activity)..

Another interesting thing seen on the chart (not shown) is the uptrend of this 11 year old NZX Bull...The last 4 years has been a constant uphill trend with 2 minor/medium BM corrections of 12% (2016) and 10% (2018)..In the long term scheme of things history says these minor BM corrections would not seem potent enough to keep the Bull Market going , but the Bull Market has defied these odds. To defy the odds even more, the last year has seen the uphill trend steepened and unbelievably has managed against the odds again to sustain this very steep uptrend...

Totally amazing run and very scary

Scary is the right word to use alright. Not sure about the NZX but the ASX200 just retested it's all time high yesterday at 7145 before dropping back under the new Coronavirus results. Looking at the big picture the graph is shaped like a big "M" formation (indicating a market top) with the dropping right hand leg missing.

Last time I saw this was just before the Dot-Com crash. It will be more than interesting to see if there is a short term retest of this high, which if it fails means 'LOOK OUT BELOW' IMHO.

I'm holding 67% cash ATM plus hedging the ASX200 with BBOZ for insurance against my remaining NZ & Aussi shares.

Good luck to NZX holders too, though don't think you can hedge the NZX as easiliy.