sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    And the more it drops, the more I'll buy.
    hope you are loaded this is not a company individuals can affect the price
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Good move by selling travel insurance. But I bet it must be expensive to buy, or losses could just make the company go down the gurgler faster.

PE range between 7-13. Take the midpoint of PE at 10.
    Interesting, the PE range I see from that data is 2.00 - 20.53... and when you consider the dividend about to paid (ex div tomorrow)... that is an example of stupid skewing for the analysis of the real current position of this stock using only PE.

Lease ...would you change your view if EPS coming up is around the 2011/2012 mark
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Observer AUNZ View Post
    Interesting, the PE range I see from that data is 2.00 - 20.53... and when you consider the dividend about to paid (ex div tomorrow)... that is an example of stupid skewing for the analysis of the real current position of this stock using only PE.
    Its average PE range over the last 15 years. If you have smarter way to analyse, please share with us.

Its average PE range over the last 15 years. If you have smarter way to analyse, please share with us.
    My approach is fairly simple; Past performance is not an indicator of future performance; I'd prefer to take a look at the current balance sheet, risks, fixed overhead, and earnings potential. All of these point to a few years of difficulty. Then add climate change to the mix. I'm not as pessimistic as Beagle, especially noting the government guarantee backstop, but I'm certainly not buying any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Lease ...would you change your view if EPS coming up is around the 2011/2012 mark
    No, as I said, I'm looking AIR in five years time. So if eps come down that level, SP may drop under $1, and I'll be happy to buy more.

Very important to have cash on hand when cheap shares are on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Observer AUNZ View Post
    My approach is fairly simple; Past performance is not an indicator of future performance; I'd prefer to take a look at the current balance sheet, risks, fixed overhead, and earnings potential. All of these point to a few years of difficulty. Then add climate change to the mix. I'm not as pessimistic as Beagle, especially noting the government guarantee backstop, but I'm certainly not buying any time soon.
    Well I'm not saying AIR NZ won't experience a few years difficulty. Rather I'm happy with that as SP can only drop during the difficult period, and I can take the chance to accumulate.

And I don't think your way is smart enough.
    Last edited by Lease; 11-03-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Well I'm not saying AIR NZ won't experience a few years difficulty. Rather I'm happy with that as SP can only drop during the difficult period, and I can take the chance to accumulate.
    Yep - I hope it works out for you - NZ needs a strong national airline.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    This could cost them dearly, what does it cost for treatment in a US hospital icu bed per night.
    I don't think that AIR is underwriting this insurance ... however it found an insurer who does :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)