sharetrader
Page 482 of 1978 FirstFirst ... 3824324724784794804814824834844854864925325829821482 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 19773

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    So to the TA experts, is it time to get in? Happy with my buys at $0.61, $0.56 and $0.40. The value at $0.40 really was ridiculous
    If people start getting worried fear will kick in even more and the price will go down further. If it is anything like the news overseas and things get ugly there will be plenty of opportunity to buy in the next few months. Great to get in early and not miss the boat.

I am waiting for now

I am patiently curled up in my kennel. No point in being on guard ready to pounce at this stage. Taken a break from licking the little cut in my paw from last week's dabble at 60 cents. For some strange reason the wound has healed up quickly
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-03-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Deleted. Double post
    Last edited by cymonger; 02-04-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Ugh. Futures heading back down... https://www.cnbc.com/pre-markets/

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cymonger View Post
    I love the way this stock is priced. The way it's moving. And the opportunity it presents at these levels.

Having said that.

Sold a huge lot at .60 today. Purchased those shares at .40.

I am 99% sure this a fabulous investment from here. But the market is going to keep doing this wild swing thing for a while. I wish New Zealand could disentangle itself from moving with the American market.. The fact is, New Zealand is handling the virus, and America is making disastrous decisions that will lead to further crashes in the months to come. It's really just a matter of doing maths at this juncture. Trump can't wish this thing away. But he's sure as hell trying.

Oca will go back down. Then go way back up. Rinse. Repeat. it's an amazing little day trader at the moment.
    Good on you , you really can't go wrong going long at these levels.
    You are making money , nothing wrong with that , and your contributions in tax to help the country will be greatly appreciated

Everyone wins except the seller , they should have read share trader.
    Last edited by Maverick; 26-03-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Good on you , you really can't go wrong going long at these levels.
    You are making money , nothing wrong with that , and your contributions in tax to help the country will be greatly appreciated

What I do wonder is in these volatile times whether people pay their correct amount in tax or not........

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    What I do wonder is in these volatile times whether people pay their correct amount in tax or not........
    There could be a lot of people doing lots of trades so they can be defined as a sharetrader and get tax credits for their losses.
    I trade a lot but my intention when buying is to hold long-term.My accountant says I am not a sharetrader-just an investor who likes to keep a balanced portfolio and has a tendency to change his mind in the light of unpredictable events.

The Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Unless they're selling and using the proceeds to buy other "under-priced" shares. Suppose it's like selling and buying houses in the same market.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    There could be a lot of people doing lots of trades so they can be defined as a sharetrader and get tax credits for their losses.
    I trade a lot but my intention when buying is to hold long-term.My accountant says I am not a sharetrader-just an investor who likes to keep a balanced portfolio and has a tendency to change his mind in the light of unpredictable events.
    Of course you would need to prove that to the IRD and not your accountant, if they ever asked.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

It would now seem OCA will have a nice uptick in its “meals “ income stream. This is reported in“other income” and is usually benign and not worth considering. They will now be cooking onsite and delivering a substantial amount of room service. This is all chargeable. Obviously it's a minor thing but it I still expect it to be worth noting.

I don't not expect for a minute that OCA will price gouge on this new situation but the inefficiency of their newly filling up sites will now be humming at capacity. Anybody who has been in business knows how profits leap at maximum production.

Once again, I really do see this particular company eventually benefiting from this in time. All the pre- virus talk here on it being “needs based” and “govt subsidised” still holds true. A year or 2 from now, the sector will have gone from currently “sell, sell, sell” to being back in favour more than ever. I believe we are already seeing it now the panic is already sub siding.