sharetrader
Page 479 of 697 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 6963
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    ‘Drop dead’ because by Comrade Cindy’s own admission (excuse actually), times have become extremely dangerous out there with new infections overseas skyrocketing - Hence the need to ramp up testing to protect our border control.

And at L1, we do not want the virus back in the community via a broken down unreliable quarantine border control system.

Simple, isn’t it but like kiwibuild, the delivery is as usual non-existent from this government.
    And ramp up testing they have - good thing eh!

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    And ramp up testing they have - good thing eh!
    Yup - only after their incompetence and shambolic mismanagement were revealed for all to see.

Good indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT="]There is only one mug here and its empty.
    Empty vessels make the loudest noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4SBb465bF0

Enjoy - here's the empty vessel celebrating NZ becoming covid free or is it becoming covid live again?

i am getting confused - please clarify.

So i have noticed

westerly

Guru

Yup - only after their incompetence and shambolic mismanagement were revealed for all to see.

Good indeed!
    That is why for a democracy to flourish, no matter who is in government at the time, a strong opposition is essential. Without Seymour et al asking "nasty" questions, the border shambles would have gone on and we would 100% get community transmission (undetected). Now we will likely get community transmission but it may be contained a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post
    So i have noticed

westerly
    So you agree that Comrade Cindy is celebrating the return of covid-19 back to NZ with her jig?

Cannot be because NZ is covid-free as the virus is back on our shores?

She looks rather gleeful, don't you think?

Last edited by Balance; 24-06-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Guru

Enjoy - here's the empty vessel celebrating NZ becoming covid free or is it becoming covid live again?

You don't believe that do you?
    Maybe you do - that's scary.

We are still covid free - no community transmission.
    We will ALWAYS get cases at the border unless we force an isolation BEFORE the border.

Guru

So you agree that Comrade Cindy is celebrating the return of covid-19 back to NZ with her jig?

Cannot be because NZ is covid-free as the virus is back on our shores?

She looks rather gleeful, don't you think?

Now you have resorted to trolling or fake news.
    You are getting less and less balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    You don't believe that do you?
    Maybe you do - that's scary.

We are still covid free - no community transmission.
    We will ALWAYS get cases at the border unless we force an isolation BEFORE the border.
    Fact is - we do not know until the next few weeks play out as there have been no mandatory testing of returnees before they are released back into the community.

As you know, it just needs one (we had two which were fortunately detected but contact tracing is still ongoing) mingling out there to create a cluster.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12342324

"While we don't want to over-egg the souffle, we have to make the assumption these people have reseeded the infection in the community. We have to act accordingly to quickly re-achieve the elimination."

Gorman said in order to stay safe, people needed to retain hygiene habits - including washing hands and, if they felt unwell, staying at home and getting tested in more serious cases. "I think we can rely on the military to get the border right. They don't have the same lack of discipline you have among many health officials."

Guru

Fact is - we do not know until the next few weeks play out as there have been no mandatory testing of returnees before they are released back into the community.

As you know, it just needs one (we had two which were fortunately detected but contact tracing is still ongoing) mingling out there to create a cluster.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12342324

"While we don't want to over-egg the souffle, we have to make the assumption these people have reseeded the infection in the community. We have to act accordingly to quickly re-achieve the elimination."

Gorman said in order to stay safe, people needed to retain hygiene habits - including washing hands and, if they felt unwell, staying at home and getting tested in more serious cases. "I think we can rely on the military to get the border right. They don't have the same lack of discipline you have among many health officials."
    Many people have many opinions on this - much conflicting 'expert' opinion.
    Gorman also said
    "I have just been dumbfounded that all of this stuff wasn't in place in February."
    So disagrees with other experts who don't think it was necessary in Feb.

He's certainly right that we should ALL practice good hygiene etc. I am still amazed that everyone seems to think (from the people I see) that it is all over.
    This has been a good wakeup call for everyone IMO. Maybe people will start taking it seriously again.