Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
I wouldn’t go so far as to say they will boom when theatres re open. Disney might prefer to release exclusively on Disney+ and Amazon and YouTube are also trying to buy movies to release direct to streaming instead of to theatres. Amazon and google have the $$$ to make it happen.

Disc; still holding and hoping but honestly think the world of theatre going is not going to the same again. It will bounce back to some extent in 2 to 3 years but I just think that more and more people have home theatres and are going to get used to streaming new releases at home. I think there will be more direct to streaming releases and less releases to theatres. Off the top of my head I can think of three friends who have proper home theatre setups with proper movie theatre chairs and a large wall to project movies on
Yes you are right, at least as far as the western world goes. But don't forget about the big Asian market, China and India. Most of the middle class in those countries will not have a home theatre and their preferred method of watching movies would be at the cinemas.